Over Charged for Dinner

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by teamstrawley05, Dec 29, 2009.

1. teamstrawley05

teamstrawley05 Earning My Ears

I was wondering if anyone could answer a quick question...

We ate at Hollywood and Vine. My mother in law graciously paid for all of us to eat (9 adults, 2 children and 1 infant that they don't charge for)
    She was just looking at her receipt and was charged for 11 adults, and 4 children.

Does anyone know if she calls the 407 wdw dine # if there will be anything they can do about it now? She paid over $400 for dinner with gratuity included and still left a tip.

Thanks for your help :o)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Nadjalu

Nadjalu DIS Veteran

I assume you have checked out of your hotel?

If so probably not, but I would call anyway. You never know. Hopefully you will get someone who can sprinkle some pixie dust and refund her the money. I would def. call but don't get your hopes up.

Good luck, I hope she gets reimburst that was wonderful of her to pay.

4. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

If you have your receipt I definately call.

5. cglaura

cglaura DIS Veteran

Did you make ADRs & still have the confirmation number? Perhaps they could compare them? Not that someone couldn't add on at check in time, but at least you'd have some sort of backup info.

Also...is it her cc# on the receipt? Perhaps the waitress just mixed them up when returning the paperwork? Does the receipt match her cc charge? Or was it cash?

6. DznyDreamz

DznyDreamz DIS Veteran

I do not know if this will help you, but after I checked out of our last trip, I noticed several items on our receipt that had been double charged to our room. This is the email address listed on the bill for questions on bills:

resortsresearchandbilling@disneyworld.com

Perhaps they can assist you? I scanned a copy of my bill with the items questioned and the promptly refunded me. I'm not sure how you "prove" who was at the table, but you should definately try to get a credit.

Good luck!

7. DisCopper

DisCopper DIS Veteran

It's worth a try to call, but honestly, if I worked there, I don't know if I'd refund the money. Unless there was some way to "prove" that there weren't 11 adults, I'd have to go with the assumption that you were just trying to pull a scam.

I'm not saying you are (at all), but there are TONS of people in this world who are trying to get something for free. And they will sometimes go to all kinds of effort to make it happen.

8. BenandMorgsMom

BenandMorgsMom Mouseketeer

First thing I would do is call Disney directly and attempt to resolve the situation with them.
    Next I would immediately call my credit card company and explain the situation. Most cards provide a protection service for their customers for instances such as this. They will take a statement regarding the overcharge and usually refund the money in no more than 2-3 business days. I had to utilize this protection on my Amex card for an overcharge at the BWV several years ago. No problem at all.
    Good Luck :cutie: