Outside ECV rental at Disneyland?

book_junkie

"Oh dear, what an awkward situation..."
Heya-
Thought I'd try here before posting in the Disneyland board. My hubbie is undergoing infusion treatments for Crohn's, and while we've finally found a regimen that's working, he's lost a lot of weight in the progress of the disease, and with that, his walking stamina. I know that you can get ECVs first come, first serve at Disneyland and California Adventure, but from what I was found you can't take them past a certain area. We're staying onsite, but I don't want to take the chance that a., he'll be exhausted getting from the hotel to a park, or b., running out of ECVs, especially since we're going during summer and right after Cars Land opens.

Does anyone know of, or have any experience with any outside companies that deliver to the hotels there like they do at WDW?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Glad to hear he's on something that seems to be working.

You are correct that ECVs rented in the park can't be removed from the park (,plus there is no guarantee of availability).

Several people, here and on other boards, have recommended:
Deckert Surgical Supply in Santa Ana at (714) 542-5607 (I have never found a website).
Orange County Medical Supply at (714) 956-4690
Both will deliver to your resort.

We've rented from Walker Mobility and have been happy with them.

http://www.walkermobility.com/

They delivered to the Disney resort and responded to last-minute requests very quickly. The only problem we had with them was that they didn't have anyone answering their emergency number late at night, so when a battery went unexpectedly kablooey right before leaving the MK after fireworks, we were kind of on our own. But even then, they took care of it first thing in the morning and gave us a coupon for next time.

We've rented from Walker Mobility and have been happy with them.

http://www.walkermobility.com/

They delivered to the Disney resort and responded to last-minute requests very quickly. The only problem we had with them was that they didn't have anyone answering their emergency number late at night, so when a battery went unexpectedly kablooey right before leaving the MK after fireworks, we were kind of on our own. But even then, they took care of it first thing in the morning and gave us a coupon for next time.
Just want to point out that the original poster will be in Disneyland, not WDW, in case others miss that.

Walker is a very nice company to rent from if you are in Walt Disney World.

Thanks for the replies! It's been a rough year, but hopefully we've hit stability and now healing...

We're AP holders and rent from Anaheim Scooter Rentals, http://anaheimscooterrentals.com
It's located in a hotel across the street from DL at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel, and they deliver to other hotels in the area. They are very nice, helpful, reasonably priced. We love it, because I can walk to the park and back to the hotel, and DH can drive the ECV.
Wishing your DH all the best.

Just to note that OC Medical Supply and Scooter Village are owned by the same company--Scooter Village is located across from the main entrance in the Ramada Maingate Hotel.

The direct line is (714) 956-5633 or toll-free (888) 956-2246. You can also reserve on-line at http://www.scootervillage.com/index.htm

I have rented from this company for years and have been happy with their equipment and service.

Glad to hear he's on something that seems to be working.

You are correct that ECVs rented in the park can't be removed from the park (,plus there is no guarantee of availability).

Several people, here and on other boards, have recommended:
Deckert Surgical Supply in Santa Ana at (714) 542-5607 (I have never found a website).
Orange County Medical Supply at (714) 956-4690
Both will deliver to your resort.

Last time I was at Disenyland the scooter rental was outside of disneyland - between DL and CA. So you can rent one scooter and use it for both parks, but you CANT take it into the downtown disney area. If you are staying at the disney hotels it is a long walk to the scooter rental area

Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a savings it is to rent an ECV outside of Disney? Because none of the websites have rates (except one that lists a 3-day rate, & we're only there 2 days). The thought of paying $100 for 2 days of ECV is hard to stomach, but is it enough of a savings to justify transporting it there myself?

Thanks!

:confused3

I'm pretty sure that Anaheim Scooter Rentals was $50 per day for one or two days, then $125 for 3 days. Don't know about the others. We've never brought ours from home because we didn't have room in the car. It seems like many airlines will check them for free if you are flying, but you may have to take the scooter apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter