OUTLANDER

shopgirl72

<font color=9999FF>Pixie Dust to those either at W
Is anyone beside me watching and or reading Outlander? If so what do you think of, "The Reckoning?"

I got the first four Outlander books as a gift when my DD was a baby, 16 years ago. Loved them, have read just about everything else Diana Gabaldon has written. I thought books 5 and 6 were a bit tedious, but the series really picked back up with the past 2 books.

We don't subscribe to Starz, so I had to wait until the first half of the series came out on DVD. I have watched each episode several times (especially the wedding episode, lol) and love the series. It does the first book justice. I looking forward to how they interpret books 2 and especially 3!!

I a anxiously awaiting the second half of the season becoming available on DVD- they left off on quite a cliffhanger! Even though I know what's coming, it is exciting seeing it onscreen.

Me!!! A friend told me about them last summer. I watched the first half of the season with very little knowledge of the books. I was HOOKED!! I then read all 8 books. Roger Moore has done a podcast on each show. It's in iTunes. I started listening to them. They are very interesting. He give a lot of behind the scene's info. I'm so happy it's back on. But these 8 shows are going to go fast and it will be a long time until season 2....

I watched the first one, recorded the rest and haven't watched them yet. I should probably do that soon.

Loved the books...thoroughly enjoying the series!

I love Outlander! A friend got me hooked last summer. I read the first 4 books and I'm in the middle of 5. Decided to take a break for a bit. I can't get enough of the series!! We subscribed to Starz just for it.

I have read the whole series. I happened to watch the first episode yesterday, then last night I made my husband watch it with me. He said he likes it enough to keep watching. I thought the first episode was a little slow getting started, but I guess it had to be that way to get a feel for the circumstances. I think it will only get better from here. I loved the books and am anticipating loving the show just as much.

Watched Season 1 on Amazon, or maybe iTunes. We dumped our cable about 3 months ago but never got Starz anyway. So now we have to wait until the season is over, I guess. At least we can get HBO streaming now, for Game of Thrones! Not quite as romantic.

I love the book series, I don't love the show, but I don't dislike it enough to stop watching. I just get mad when they start making stuff up! :mad:

We are. DH and I have been hooked since the first episode. We loved last weekend's episode and can't wait for the next one!

Here's a little trivia for anyone who might be a classic Doctor Who fan (specifically Patrick Troughton's era). From the IMDB website:

"Author Diana Gabaldon credits watching Frazer Hines in the Doctor Who serial The War Games (and finding him fetching in a kilt) as the inspiration for setting her first novel, Outlander, in 18th-century Scotland, and for naming the novel's male protagonist "Jamie". (However, she says that the character's surname, "Fraser", is a coincidence, as the PBS station on which she watched Doctor Who habitually cut off the episode's credits, so she did not learn Frazer Hines' name until several years after Outlander was published.)"

Jamie was the name of the Scotsman companion who traveled with the second Doctor. The actor's name, as listed above, was Frazer Hines. DH told me that little tidbit. I had always thought of Jaime from Doctor Who every time I saw Jamie Fraser's name come up.

I watched the first season, and then bought the DVDs, and I am currently re-reading the series.
I admit I wasn't thrilled with last week's episode, I can't put my finger on why though. Maybe because its been so long since the series break.

Haven't read the books, but I watch the series. How old is Claire supposed to be? She looks 40 if she's a day and much older than Jamie.

Haven't read the books, but I watch the series. How old is Claire supposed to be? She looks 40 if she's a day and much older than Jamie.
In the first book, Jamie is 23 and Claire is 27-28. She is older, but not by a lot. I believe the actors are 34 (Jamie- Sam Hueghan) and 35 (Claire- Catriona Balfe).

I've seen every episode at least 3 times. I want to read the books. The show was my introduction to Outlander.

In the first book, Jamie is 23 and Claire is 27-28. She is older, but not by a lot. I believe the actors are 34 (Jamie- Sam Hueghan) and 35 (Claire- Catriona Balfe).
Frank Randall, Claire's husband, is around 10 years older than her. Tobias Menzies, who plays Frank/Black Jack Randall is 41.

HUGE Outlander fan. I started reading these books way back in 1994, while I was pregnant with our son. I have every book in the series plus all of the Lord John books.

We came late to the game, as when the series started we didn't have Starz. DH and DS have been giving me all kinds of crap about the show being on and flipping it to that channel. I close my eyes and plug my ears and tell them not watching until I can start from the begining. And god love my son, last week end he recorded every episode for me. As soon as DH gets out of the hospital, we will be watching a marathon of Outlander.

While I wasn't to sure how I would feel about a tv/movie version of the books, as the Jamie and Claire and the rest of the cast I see isn't exactly the same as everybody else sees them. From the ad and preview snippits I have seen, for the most part I am just fine with the actors they have playing them. Not an exact match, but close enough.

Our neice is beyond excited that I will finally be getting caught up. She came late to the Outlander addiction. I have been telling her for years now to read them. Said I needed to smack her harder upside her head years ago. She's even borrowed my copy of The Outlandish Companion, which I have the 1st release edition.

I read the books when they first came out and stuck with them through the fourth book. I grew tired of the story and never finished. My DH watches with me, but honestly the extreme scenes have started making him uncomfortable. We're not prudes but neither would we want to watch our friends having sex. Watching some of the past couple of scenes went beyond anything I've ever watched on tv and I would have nearly died if my son was in the room! :tilt:

Capt. Jack Randall is such a cad that I wonder if he is married in real life and his wife squirms watching him in these scenes. Such great acting from all involved!

Also...I'm learning to play the opening song...Skye Boat song...on my dulcimer. :flower:

I am really LOVING the show and read all the books years ago. I'm so bummed that the final show of Season 1 airs tomorrow night. I'm going to miss it. The second half of season 1 is definitely much more serious and dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter