Outdoor grills at BCV?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Canadian Tom, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Canadian Tom

Canadian Tom Mouseketeer

Hello: Are there any outdoor grills at BCV? Has anyone every taken one and if so, where did you do your grilling? Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. BCVOwner2002

BCVOwner2002 <font color=red>I do math problems in my sleep - i

When I was there last summer there were grills near the quiet pool. I'm not positive but I think there were 2 or 3 of them.

4. manning

manning <font color=blue>Just for that I have requested it

There are grills there. If you walk the walk way along the canal to the parking lot/bus stop you will see them. Don't even think of using a grill on the balcony.

5. Desperado

Desperado DIS Veteran

2 grills and a picnic table are along the canal in a nice area to the west of the pool.

6. msdis

msdis DIS Veteran

We used them. They are to the left of the quiet pool if you are coming out of the resort on the back side.

7. sandieb

sandieb DIS Veteran

There are 11 (5 kids) of us going in a 2br and studio. For the couple meals we plan to eat in, we are either having dinner delivered and eating by the pool, or grilling hotdogs and hamburgers and eating in the picnic area...5 kids in the villa would be nuts. I'll post how it works out - we are going in a couple weeks. Sandie

8. Andrew Bichard

Andrew Bichard DIS Veteran

What are the rules for using these grills?

I assume you need to bring your own charcoal. Do you need to ask anyone?

What about the smoke? I assume it might annoy anyone sitting out on their balcony.

Andrew

9. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

..... but it has made me hungry. If you start grillin' you'd better have a few spare burgers handy.

10. Johnnie Fedora

Johnnie Fedora My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%

We used the grill on our last stay at BCV. Use one of those charcoal bags that you just light the whole thing (matchlight). Also, don't get the smallest size bag as the grill is good sized and my fire was not quite hot enough to cook everything through. I had to finish the burgers off in the microwave...they still tasted good!!

Be sure you pack everything you will need for cooking. It can be a long walk back to your room for a spatula. Also, the ashes (from the previous user) may need to be emptied, a big metal spoon, paper towels and plastic waste bag were helpful for this. The grills get rained on, so the ashes, etc. may be sloppy and water-logged.

We usually cook two meals on one night and have the leftovers the second night. That way we use the grill only one night and buy only one bag of charcoal.

Items to take to the grill:
    a metal spatula, and big metal spoon (we bring one from home)
    Paper towels/plastic bag
    Charcoal/matches
    Food to be grilled
    Clean plate
    Foil
    Favorite beverage

Have fun!

11. manning

manning <font color=blue>Just for that I have requested it

A secret to a juicy well done hamburger. Cook it in a microwave and finish it off on the grill. Check the microwave instructions to find out how long you have to microwave.

BBQ ribs. Broil in oven and finish on grill.

12. Canman

Canman Earning My Ears

What is BCV?

Regardless, are there grills on the property at Old Key West?

13. sunan

sunan Mouseketeer

Beach Club Villas

14. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

I'm pretty certain there are grills over at the Turtle Pond pool. There may be others at OKW that I'm not aware of. I don't recall any at the main pool.