I put up the Christmas lights this morning outside. We have three bushes right in front of the house and they are the only things we decorate outside for Christmas. So I'm very carefully connecting all the strings (that I tested before I put them out ), getting them all arranged nice in the bushes and I get to the last string and get ready to plug it into the timer (which will be plugged in on Thanksgiving morning before we leave). And I find out I have 2 female ends together. Due to the way the strings have plugs attached, I have to change all six strings. Oh well, my own stupid fault for not starting with the string closest to the porch/plug-in. Next year, that bush is being covered first!!