Out of Town NFL @ Resorts?

hAm53

hi!!!
so here's the dilemma . . .
after a looooooong season watching my giants, i just realized that they might be opening the 2005 season on september 4.
what's the problem?
well, that's my WDW wedding day. since i'm being kicked out of our room at the Poly the night before, the misses said that she'd get me a room at the Contemp for a combined wedding/birthday present (b-day is the 7th) for the night of the 3rd.
since i can't find a 2005 NFL schedule online anyplace, does anyone know what type of football games the monorail resort lounges show? since the wedding's at 3 at the Poly, i figure that if the g-men are playing at 1, I can at least watch the first half.
do the lounges just basically show whatever's on cbs & fox, or do they have some sort of direct tv package that gives them every game? so if i asked to find a specific game, they could? i know that my best bet would be to watch from the ESPN club at the boardwalk, but i need to be somewhere on the monorail loop so i can make it to the poly on time.
and don't worry, i won't forget to show up to the wedding. even if its 3rd and goal at the 1.

Thank you for posting this I needed a good laugh. I am still smiling. This is why I love guys, and the way they think. In your mind you see nothing wrong with this, but in "her" mind everything may be wrong with this. (Does you wife-to-be know about this plan?) This is the day that she wants everything perfect and to be about you and her. I don't think football is part of the wedding plan. Is there a photagrapher? Pictures may be taken before the wedding. There may be a problem if you not in them. Be careful, us women, we are very sensative! Sorry brother...you just may need to chaulk this one up as a loss and miss the game.
On the flip side I see where you are coming from. I am a football fan myself, season ticket holder!!!!
But football lasts a season and comes around year after year. Your WEDDING day will last one day!

Best of luck,

Jaime

C'mon, he said he wouldnt miss the wedding, EVEN if it was 3 and goal on the 1, ON THE 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a true fan ::yes::
Eli might be coming around next season, dont worry, your wife "to be" will understand. Watch the game, enjoy!!!

(I think I should let you know that I have been known not to give people the best advice :rolleyes: )

jamie,
thanks for the quick response. my bride is well aware that i'll start twitching if i don't see at least a drive or two of a game. she doesn't care what i do before the wedding, but sure as heck i better be at the poly by 2:15.
since we're having what disney calls an "intimate" wedding (less than 15 people with pics only at the ceremony/cake cutting), there's literally nothing i need to do at the ceremony location until about 2:30, and that's just meeting my family and a couple friends (half of which will be with me at the lounge).

Dude, As a HUGE BEARS fan, You're dead!!!!! My advice is to tell your fiance that you will be getting ready for the BIG day by spending some quiet time reflecting on your path to the big day. DON'T tell her about the game.

Glenn

Hop on the monorail to EPCOT, walk thru to the International Gateway entrance and hotfoot it over to ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk. Happy Wedding Day!

The name of the lounge in the Contemporary is The Outer Rim. Try calling the hotel directly and asking for them. I don't remember there being a big tv in there though.

You might even be able to watch it in your room.

I can't find the phone number for the Contemporary now that I need it :blush: but I do have this:

1–407–824–2222 Resort–Switchboard to all Walt Disney World Resorts

You might find this link helpful.....

http://www.themeparks.com/wdw/wdwphone.htm

:flower1:

I say, see if you can get married at the yacht club and then you can be at espn club until 5 minutes before your wedding and then walk over to the yacht club. show your fiance the beautiful gazebo at the yacht club, and tell her that you just fell in love with it.

Here are the Other Liounges

Polynesian: Tambu Lounge

Grand Floridian: Mizner's Lounge

I say you do the ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk (just outside Epcot - exit through the world showcase exit) Just get there EARLY for the game so you can get a seat in front of your game. ESPN Zone shows ALL the games. Not sure where else you are guaranteed to see the exact game you want. Can you get your reservation changed from the Contemp to one of the Boardwalk resorts?

How cool to get married at disney!

LOL, this reminds me of my brother's wedding. He is HUGE Jet fan and back in 1986, his wedding (which was planned over a year in advance)ended up being the day before the home Miami game. Since that was such a huge game, my SIL agreed to leave for the honeymoon on Monday so he could go to the game. He took his new bride, best man and myself and it ended up being a classic JET/Miami, 51-45 OT, with a last second touchdown by Ken O'Brien to Al Toon to tie it up.

Sorry now back to your regularly scheduled post...

I hate to be a name caller but get a life dude. It's a regular season game. I skipped the Superbowl when I was at Disney last year and if you recall the Patriots (my hometown team) won. If I were your future wife (and I'm a heterosexual male) I'd already be planning my second wedding to a guy who feels marriage is more important than a football game.

The OP sounds just like my DH. I knew how important football was when I married him so we planned the wedding for outside football season! Normally our vacation schedules are outside football season or planned once the season comes out so we can make sure we go on an away game sunday and plan for him to be at a place he can see the game.

Once while at Disney he stayed at the ESPN club while I did some shopping at Epcot in the Worlds. It worked great for us.

All that to say I bet his fiance already KNOWS he is going to be watching the game.

Buddy, lets hope its a bye week but if not... ESPN club is great. Plan the taxi though so you don't have to worry about parking or Disney transportation. Get to be friends with the bartenders at CR and then they can get the game on for you.

Actually its funny you posted this today because I'm in the middle of planning a first ever family trip to disney with the kids for Oct. DH mentioned last night I didn't check the NFL schedule! Its the first time I didn't even think about it.

Just out of curiosity.....if posters aren't being helpful, why post? I think people come to this board for Disney info not "to be corrected". :earseek:

You might even consider calling the Poly or the person that is your wedding contact at WDW and ask them about where would be a good place. They might be able to help you.

thanks for all the phone numbers. i might just have to give a call over if there's an early game. unfortunately, the espn club is out, as there's no way i'd make it back to the poly in time.

puggymom - tell your brother that i once ate a chicken sandwhich with ken o'brien. growing up, a friend of mine's dad drove the equipment trucks for the jets. so imagine my suprise when i was eating lunch at his house and o'brien walks in.

to the rest: again, my bride is well aware of the potential game conflict. in fact, she suggested asking the dis about the football watching at wdw. she's just a cool gal that wants me to be relaxed before the ceremony. as she said "after being proposed to in the MK rose garden (which she wanted, but never thought she'd get), the least I (she) could do is let me try to watch a couple snaps before the wedding".

As a HUGE Giants fan myself, (and a bride to be who checked the Giants schedule before planning her wedding) I can totally understand! I had this same problem when I was at the World two years ago. ESPN is a great place (I have watched at the one in NYC). Another idea is the Rainforest Cafe. This is where I watched the Giants game when I was there. It is pretty far away from YC/BC area but it was a lot less crowded than my experience at ESPN and the host was able to sit my family and I right in front of the TV showing the Giants game!!!! :earboy2: They were so great about it! We ate really slow and ordered coffee and dessert and were able to see almost the entire game! I believe you can also sit at the bar and watch the game.
Congratulations on your wedding, and GO GIANTS!!!! :flower1:

The last time I was at the CR, the TV at the Outer Rim was able to only get the local stations. Hopefully the G-men will be playing the Jags or the Bucs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter