Our WDW surprise

Julia Says

Mouseketeer
So we decided to make our recent trip a surprise, for several reasons. Among them, the fact that our kids would be missing school and we didn't want DS9 to be distracted. DS7 has autism and pretty much no concept of time, so if we uttered the words Disney World, he would think we are going right.this.very.second. Since we planned this trip for a full year, that would have been a really long time for him to wait (we rented DVC points 11 months out).

How we broke the news was a little bit mean, and you can see DS9 get a little upset, but he recovered very quickly. :goodvibes

Link: We're going to Disney World!

wow how quickly your son turns on his baseball team! lol great job on the video!

that's so cute! I can't remember my parents surprising me ever with a trip but I know if/when DH and I have children I will for sure be surprising them!

Cute! We are going to Disney in a week and a half :cool1: It's a surprise for my kiddos (8, 7, 4, and 21 months). We will be in Orlando for a conference, but have one free weekend. My mom is flying in, and we have reservations for that weekend at All Star Movies. Saturday morning we have a meeting and then we will drive to All Star and knock on the hotel room door and let Grandma tell them (she is taking us)! I. can't. wait!! I know my girls especially are going to FLIP. And my 4yr and 21m will have a blast once we get there, whether they really understand what we are doing before we do.

We did it. We picked the kids up from school and didn't say anything until the older child asked, "Where are we going? This isn't the way home." We yelled Disney and were at the airport 20 minutes later. Then two days later we "ran into" their best friends who had been transferred overseas a year earlier.

While connecting in Miami the friends' dad told one of his girls to go check the departure time at gate XYZ. She came back and told him that was the wrong gate as that flight was going to Orlando. He just said , "Oh?" and nothing else. About 3-4 minutes later she asked, "Dad, are we going to Orlando?" Then they told them they were going to Disney. We "just happened" to be in the resort lobby when they walked in from ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!