Our Tie Dye Mickey shirts got LOTS of attention!

Sorry Beck's mom, I sent my PM to the wrong person, you obviously know how to make them already :goodvibes .

I wish mine had looked as nice as yours. I may try some more severe rubber banding on the next ones. I like the "white" on yours.

My kids tie dyed their own last night. Can't wait to see what these look like! :rotfl:

Jeanne-

I am assuming your mean Beck's mom's t-shirts, because mine aren't nearly as cute.

I am going to do another couple tonight and will try to post step by step photos.

Becks mom- we were there last week and we got lots of attention in our tye dyes!! We were in MGM last weds the 28th, and we dined at WCC that evening and everywhere we went we got lots of compliments and people wanting to know where I had bought them. Dh, who had not been too crazy about them in the beginning, had so much fun with the CM's and other people complimenting us on our shirts he wanted me to wash them so we could wear them again!! That didn't happen but they really were fun!! :flower:

liz

disneyeveryyear, your shirts are GREAT! I love how colorful they are!
The Mickey head is very obviously a Mickey head - we had one flub-up where it looked like a koala bear, and yours are nothing like that!
Great job!!!

The part on the bottom kind of reminds me of a reflection...it's kind of cool!
I would be proud to wear those shirts - don't sell yourself short!

I love the princess one too!
How fun! princess:

Hey Liz, we were at Whispering Canyon on Friday and one of the waiters said he saw some people earlier in the week wearing Mickey tie dye shirts! That must have been you!!! Cool!!! :cool1:

Melissa

Melissa,

Thanks for the compliment. As I mentioned before on one of these threads, the kids' shirts were done last night. DD6 wanted to dye her own. I was terribly afraid, but thought, what do I have to lose? I should have known better than to doubt her. Please understand that I did band it, but she chose every color and placement. It is awesome!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: See for yourself.

Here is the front of her shirt

c41cd015.jpg

Here is the back:

3a077737.jpg

I did this one as a redo for DS11 - front of shirt

bd069d64.jpg

back of shirt:

c177b6c0.jpg

I find that I really prefer the brighter colors. DS wanted turquoise, blue, purple, etc. I added the lime green and a little yellow to help brighten it up.

I have sewn and banded two more tonight, kids are off school tomorrow and we will be dying then.

FYI - my mother saw the three I had dyed and the 1 DD6 had dyed. She asked DD6 to dye hers :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: . I guess I know where I rate.

lizz5 said:
Becks mom- we were there last week and we got lots of attention in our tye dyes!! We were in MGM last weds the 28th, and we dined at WCC that evening and everywhere we went we got lots of compliments and people wanting to know where I had bought them. Dh, who had not been too crazy about them in the beginning, had so much fun with the CM's and other people complimenting us on our shirts he wanted me to wash them so we could wear them again!! That didn't happen but they really were fun!! :flower:
liz

Thanks for sharing that, it made me LOL! I love it when DH is pleasantly surprised at how cool the ideas on the DIS are!! I'm so glad your shirts went over well. I want to go back to WDW so I can make some cool shirts!! :teeth: :wave2:

Disneyark- It was very funny, because when they came out he wanted to know why other people were dressing "normal" for the parks and we had to be so "retro" and then once there he realized maybe "retro" was the way to be!! My mom went with us and we worked on the shirts together. It was a fun project that I would recommend for your next trip!!
Melissa- That was probably us!! Everyone got a good look at our shirts because our kids were sure to tell the server we were on our anniversary trip, and he pulled us up to race eachother around the dining room on the stick horses to celebrate!! Boy the kiddos loved that!!! :blush:

Liz

Disneyeveryyear-

AWESOME AWESOME shirts!!!!!!!!!! I just love all the colors!!! That is the one thing I didn't like about mine - there was a lot of white and the colors didn't blend well.
Yours are just beautiful!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!! :cheer2:

You are going to have a blast wearing them!!!
Melissa

That is too funny because I thought we needed more white on the shirts.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the street, or at least the Mickey is always cuter on someone else's shirt.

can someone help me to make the mickey tie dye shirts or tell me how??new here to this thread.. thanks soooooo much,,

Kritter,

I bumped up the thread with the pictures for the tie dye. I believe it is called "Visual Learner" or something similar.

Otherwise, if you left click on my screen name and look at other posts by DEY, you can find where I posted some how-to pictures.

Wow, yours are gorgeous. Nobody mentioned anything to us the day we wore ours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter