Our stays at AKL and CR

PrincessDadx2

Openly has the hots for Wuv Tigger
Just getting back from 4 days at AKL and 2 at the CR at the end of October. The highlights:

AKL- Wow, great resort. Thanks to this board for the great information. Originally we were placed in the "people pen" overlooking the hot tub. Immediately called and got moved to the Zebra Trail/Arusha Savannah. Great room right in the middle of the Savannah and a short walk to the elevator down to the pool and Mara. Fantastic to see Giraffes and Zebra all the time. Kids loved the pool. I would like to spend more time just relaxing at the resort. The staff were great and friendly. We had a really good time doing the hidden Mickey hunt. The bus service was also great - never waited longer than 10 minutes the whole time and direct routes to where we wanted to go. The only problem we had was a small housekeeping issue. Our youngest DD found a pill on the floor and our room was not vacuumed properly while we were there. The housekeeping manager was very concerned and gave us a 25% discount on our bill even though we did not request any compensation :earsboy: She also spent a lot of time talking about the resort and asking for input, etc.

One thing I noted was that the welcome packet said that sheets are only changed every 4 days unless requested. Someone had complained on this board about their sheets not being changed every day. Just to let you know that they will do it, but you have to ask specifically.

CR - Another wow. This was a dream for me to stay here on my 40th birthday. We had a MK view on the 10th floor. All I can say is :earseek: The room was spacious, but the view was incredible. We could watch the castle from our bed and it was great for fireworks and seeing the castle changing color. Our girls were in heaven. They liked seeing the animals, but the castle was over the top. Having the monorail and a short walk to MK was awesome. You could walk or ride depending on the crowd level and your energy level. I may have to save my money and try this again.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David,
Could you explain to me what the "people pen" is? We'll be staying at AKL over spring break and have a standard pool view room. Is there a chance that we could be in the "people pen" (whatever that is!)?

How was Mara? (the food court, right?)

Thanks for your input!

People pen is a "Savannah" view room that looks over a savannah at one end - mostly obstructed but the main balcony is over the hot tub area and there is a big ugly fence - "pen". If I had a pool view or free upgrade this would be fine, but no way was I going to pay for Savannah view and settle for not seeing animals.

I thought Mara was good. If you plan on going a lot stay on the Zebra side or you will have a looong walk each time. The fish and chips were very hot and fresh when we had them. The desserts are the same as at Boma and were very good. We used our meal vouchers and thought they were a reasonable value. The only problem was the TV in the restaurant and our girls did not want to eat, but wanted to watch TV :rolleyes: We did not try it for breakfast, but many people were there each morning.

Thanks for the reviews. We are planning a YC/CR split in May and then AKL next Thanksgiving!

Sounds like a great trip. We leave in 7 days. Did you have a refridgerator in your room? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter