Our Spring Break Trip with 3 kids 6 and younger

I had no problems at all with Kaiser. The only issue I had was I kept asking for an epidural for my first one but no one told me there was no time and the baby was coming!! So I ended up hyperventilating during labor and had to breath into a bag!!! Now just tell me the baby is coming and there's no time and I would have been fine!!! My SIL had her 2nd at Kaiser and hated it. She preferred the county hospital in Oakland that she had her 1st at. :scared1: At least when I walked into Kaiser I felt like the place was clean unlike the one in Oakland. Different experiences for different people. Yeah they do drive differently in Sacramento!! :rolleyes1

I was fine with my Dr through the pregnancy. Dr Snook was amazing! I was not thrilled with the labor and delivery nurses. I was in labor for over 48 hours, I was so tired I forgot to breath. The other two were cesarian as she should have been. North Bay is clean thankfully.

I was fine with my Dr through the pregnancy. Dr Snook was amazing! I was not thrilled with the labor and delivery nurses. I was in labor for over 48 hours, I was so tired I forgot to breath. The other two were cesarian as she should have been. North Bay is clean thankfully.

Yeah I had fast easy deliveries for the most part so I could only imagine being in labor for 48 hours!!! James was about 11 hours but it wasn't full blown labor until the last 30 mins or so when they gave me Pitocin (they didn't believe me that I wanted to push and that it had taken affect that fast!!) My water broke at approx. 8:30 pm and he was born the next day at 7 am. They said they would like to have the baby born before the shift change happened and didn't want me in labor in the middle of it. :rotfl2: I loved my Dr. But unfortunately she retired in September and now I have a new one and like her so far. Clean is a huge plus in my book!!! :thumbsup2

For Ladylyons. Make sure you write down the story of the Indian Chief that gave up his title for love of a white woman :). That sounds so very interesting. My nephews gets funds from the oklahoma indians-- not sure what tribe -- I have not one clue only that their father is like 1/2 or 1/4. My heritage is I am half Scot--- Moms mom and dad came to America from Scotland when the travel for the lower class was not a cruise -- just a slow boat to America. It is just nice to know how we came about and for me how clsoe I came to being from across the pond as they say.

Enjoying the review and updates.

For Ladylyons. Make sure you write down the story of the Indian Chief that gave up his title for love of a white woman :). That sounds so very interesting. My nephews gets funds from the oklahoma indians-- not sure what tribe -- I have not one clue only that their father is like 1/2 or 1/4. My heritage is I am half Scot--- Moms mom and dad came to America from Scotland when the travel for the lower class was not a cruise -- just a slow boat to America. It is just nice to know how we came about and for me how clsoe I came to being from across the pond as they say.

Enjoying the review and updates.

We have. I am 1/32 Indian if I remember correctly. My mom gets her medical taken care of in Oregon but we don't have any local tribes in California so there isn't much I could get. I think I'm just past where I could get anything anyways. I'm waiting to hear back from the Cherokee Nation on what my kids and I can get if anything. My grandpa's family came from England and it also was a on a slow boat to America. Researching the family tree is a very interesting thing and to see just how close we came to being somewhere else.

Thanks!! I hope to get another one up soon. My son just went back to school today from spring break and my daughter goes back tomorrow but now both my boys are sick so I don't know how much time I'm really going to have to write more. I do want to get back to it though because I don't want to forget things that we did.

Yeah I had fast easy deliveries for the most part so I could only imagine being in labor for 48 hours!!! James was about 11 hours but it wasn't full blown labor until the last 30 mins or so when they gave me Pitocin (they didn't believe me that I wanted to push and that it had taken affect that fast!!) My water broke at approx. 8:30 pm and he was born the next day at 7 am. They said they would like to have the baby born before the shift change happened and didn't want me in labor in the middle of it. :rotfl2: I loved my Dr. But unfortunately she retired in September and now I have a new one and like her so far. Clean is a huge plus in my book!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah, my contractions never regulated. They would send me home telling me that my contractions were too far apart. Finally Scotty called and told them that my contractions were lasting for five minutes or longer. So they said to bring me back. By them Kacy was in distress. We almost lost her because they wasted time. My Dr is the head of the department now and I can't find one that I like. :upsidedow Good luck with yours.

Yeah, my contractions never regulated. They would send me home telling me that my contractions were too far apart. Finally Scotty called and told them that my contractions were lasting for five minutes or longer. So they said to bring me back. By them Kacy was in distress. We almost lost her because they wasted time. My Dr is the head of the department now and I can't find one that I like. :upsidedow Good luck with yours.

Wow!! That's scary!! I actually had that fear with James just because my water did the full break! They didn't want to check me too often cuz they didn't want to introduce bacteria and according to the ultrasound they did do there was still enough fluid for him in there. But I was still worried just because my contractions weren't coming and I wasn't dilating. I was afraid I'd end up with a C-section but luckily the Pitocin worked. I think Sarah was my easiest one because I went into full labor without my water breaking and once they broke my water everything was done in less than 10 minutes and 2 pushes!!

After meeting Merida we headed into Toon Town to see some friends we hadn’t seen yet. First up was Minnie. We got to explore her house while we waited to see her.

DSC08749_zps594d9f85.jpg

DSC08750_zps3d325dd2.jpg

DSC08755_zps20dbedc9.jpg

DSC08756_zps3b16f551.jpg

DSC08767_zpsd3fcd7af.jpg

DSC08771_zps9df2493c.jpg

DSC08772_zps4b52b7a6.jpg

DSC08776_zpscb82ffc8.jpg

There she is:

DSC08778_zps13c1cacc.jpg

Having a tea party!
DSC08784_zpsaba81842.jpg

DSC08786_zpsc31f3ef6.jpg

Next up….. Mickey!!

DSC08787_zpsb8e5316e.jpg

Mommy getting her hug!!

DSC08789_zps8306c440.jpg

DSC08790_zps81aceb20.jpg

James decided he had to get his own pictures with Mickey.

DSC08795_zps871faf70.jpg

DSC08797_zps6a2b4d76.jpg

HUGS!!!

DSC08798_zps4f43bc58.jpg

Cont….

After meeting Mickey the kids tried to take his car on a joy ride.

DSC08803_zps79af9b1c.jpg

Luckily Mickey didn’t leave the keys in it or else she would have been across ToonTown in no time at all!!!

DSC08806_zpscda80cf8.jpg

I finally decided to measure James for Gadget’s Go Coaster and guess what!! He was finally tall enough for it!!!

DSC08817_zps25efdb05.jpg

Before:

DSC08819_zpsc310e841.jpg

DSC08820_zps61ad2feb.jpg

I didn’t get any after pictures because the verdict was in: HE HATED IT!!!!! Cried and screamed the whole entire time!!! Poor baby!! I felt bad but at the same time how would we know if he’d like it or not unless we got him on it. Guess I only have one coaster fan in the family so far and that’s Jeremy. Sarah loves the little one’s like this but not the big one’s like BTMRR or Space (which she hasn’t gone on yet, just got in line then freaked out!!!)

Up next let’s meet some princesses!!

I'm heading over from D~'s ptr. I love your report so far. What is sooo cute to me is that picture where James is being hugged by Mickey and the adorable look on Jeremy's face as he watches his brother. Just so cute!

I was 15 years old when I went to DL the one and only time in my life. And that was a very loooong time ago!! I would love to get back there one day with my DH who has never been there.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better and don't get the bad stuff going around. It's so hard to keep them healthy this time of year!

I'm heading over from D~'s ptr. I love your report so far. What is sooo cute to me is that picture where James is being hugged by Mickey and the adorable look on Jeremy's face as he watches his brother. Just so cute!

I was 15 years old when I went to DL the one and only time in my life. And that was a very loooong time ago!! I would love to get back there one day with my DH who has never been there.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better and don't get the bad stuff going around. It's so hard to keep them healthy this time of year!

Welcome!! And thank you!!! I noticed that too after I posted the picture. It looks like Jeremy is cheering his brother on. At first James wanted nothing to do with him then he was like Down Mommy. So I put him down not knowing what he was going to do and he walked up to Mickey and kind of turned around to get his picture taken. It was such a sweet moment!!

Yes I think it's time you got to go back!!!! That's how I was with WDW, went when I was 15 with my grandparent's then finally got to go back 15 years later with my DH, Jeremy, Sarah and my parent's for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Been trying to get us back ever since but unfortunately airfare stops us for now.

I really thought we were all finally better but then last night Jeremy didn't eat dinner and was complaining about an upset stomach (yeah that didn't turn out well), but he woke up perfectly fine (never had a fever or anything else) and went to school today. Then as we're getting ready to leave to bring Jeremy and Sarah both to school Sarah had to run out of our garage and lost her breakfast. So she's home with me and James today. Now James let's just say did not have a very nice diaper last night and I've had nothing but stomach problems all morning. So I'm really hoping it's just a 24 hour bug and we can beat this fast!!! I've got stuff to do when the kids are in school and can't do it when I've got sick kids!!

Wow!! That's scary!! I actually had that fear with James just because my water did the full break! They didn't want to check me too often cuz they didn't want to introduce bacteria and according to the ultrasound they did do there was still enough fluid for him in there. But I was still worried just because my contractions weren't coming and I wasn't dilating. I was afraid I'd end up with a C-section but luckily the Pitocin worked. I think Sarah was my easiest one because I went into full labor without my water breaking and once they broke my water everything was done in less than 10 minutes and 2 pushes!!

It was scary but you know what? She is going to be 20 years old tomorrow. :goodvibes Quick delivery is great. For all the labor I had she was a quick delivery. Three pushes and boom!

Love the updates. James is so cute with Mickey! To bad about Gadget's Go Go Coaster but you're right that is the only way to find out if he likes it. Who knows in the next few years he may be that one that is roller coaster crazy.

I love the pictures of the kids in Minnie and Mickey's houses. They are so cute. I love how interactive the houses are. There so many cute things to see and play with. No matter how many times I go through the houses I always see something new. What great fun! Seeing your pictures and reading your trip report are making me want to plan a trip. :)

Sandra, I'm so sorry, I'm behind on all my subscriptions.

Once again, another TR that makes me want to go back to CA. My family has never been there, but I was there back in the '80's on a family vacation. We only did DL for one day.

The Alice ride sounds fun!

Do the kids like to spin or not spin on the tea cups? I assume it's self regulated like our is?

Yikes about dropping the camera! How lucky that only the next couple pictures were blurry.

Is Casey Jrs Train the little train that goes around the little scenery and buildings?

Maybe Jeremy will like princesses when he gets older? :thumbsup2

Boy do I miss our Toon Town after seeing yours. Though New Fantasyland is nicer than Toontown.

The first picture in the car is so cute. Was the sun in Jeremy's eyes and his sister was helping to shade them?

All the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

I love all the fun ToonTown pictures! Our 2.75-year-old just made the height for Gadget's Go-Coaster too! (Though our little thrill-seeker loved it...) I like the look on James' face in that last picture!

It was scary but you know what? She is going to be 20 years old tomorrow. :goodvibes Quick delivery is great. For all the labor I had she was a quick delivery. Three pushes and boom!

Love the updates. James is so cute with Mickey! To bad about Gadget's Go Go Coaster but you're right that is the only way to find out if he likes it. Who knows in the next few years he may be that one that is roller coaster crazy.

I love the pictures of the kids in Minnie and Mickey's houses. They are so cute. I love how interactive the houses are. There so many cute things to see and play with. No matter how many times I go through the houses I always see something new. What great fun! Seeing your pictures and reading your trip report are making me want to plan a trip. :)

Glad once she was ready it was fast!! Hope she has a very happy birthday tomorrow!!

We'll keep trying to bring him on them and see what happens. I used to be that parent with the screaming, crying kids to meet the characters. Now look at them!!

I agree! It is fun to go through their houses and check everything out!! MY DH just likes to get to the character so he's always trying to rush us through. That's why there's more pictures of Minnie's house than Mickey's. Minnie had about a 20 min wait while Mickey was basically a walk through (5 mins?). Maybe now that you know what's going on with Scotty you can make that trip!! Christmas week is always a fun time!! (That's when we'll be going back!!)

Sandra, I'm so sorry, I'm behind on all my subscriptions.

Once again, another TR that makes me want to go back to CA. My family has never been there, but I was there back in the '80's on a family vacation. We only did DL for one day.

The Alice ride sounds fun!

Do the kids like to spin or not spin on the tea cups? I assume it's self regulated like our is?

Yikes about dropping the camera! How lucky that only the next couple pictures were blurry.

Is Casey Jrs Train the little train that goes around the little scenery and buildings?

Maybe Jeremy will like princesses when he gets older? :thumbsup2

Boy do I miss our Toon Town after seeing yours. Though New Fantasyland is nicer than Toontown.

The first picture in the car is so cute. Was the sun in Jeremy's eyes and his sister was helping to shade them?

All the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

Time for you to bring your family to CA then!! Christmas is always a fun time!! :rotfl2: :scared1: I could never do DL in just one day!!! I like 3 days minimum!! I know you've got a lot going on so I'm just glad you stop by when you can.

Yes you spin the teacups yourself like the one's in WDW. It depends on which kid is on them on if they like to spin. Jeremy likes to spin fast, Sarah likes to just enjoy the ride and let it do it's thing and James is kind of in the middle likes the spinning but not the fast spin. I don't do them anymore!! My DH loves to spin them fast and I finally just said nope no more!!!

I guess DH had to reset something on the camera and it started working fine again. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Yes the train does go around the little Storybook Area. It's a fun little ride, just not my thing but then again we're not just there for me, we're there for the kids too!

Jeremy's told me he wants to be a pirate when he grows up so you never know if he'll take to the princesses. I can hope!!

From what I remember we have a little bit better of a Toon Town than you guys did. We have more to do than just meet characters. But I'm sure it's still missed since it was a cute area!!

I think Sarah was trying to be a helper with the sun. It was early so of course the sun was shining directly into the kids faces.

Glad to share!! I love to share so I'm glad to do it!!

I love all the fun ToonTown pictures! Our 2.75-year-old just made the height for Gadget's Go-Coaster too! (Though our little thrill-seeker loved it...) I like the look on James' face in that last picture!

Glad yours loved it!! Mine sure didn't!! I had just pulled his fingers out of his mouth so he still had that "O" shaped look.

I have been there during the Christmas holidays. I either want to go at Halloween or shoot for the beginning of May next year. We shall see.::yes::

I think it's past time for us to go to Disneyland. But I don't like the idea of being away from JJ's doctors. We are going on vacation this year up north. My in-laws have the Cleveland Clinic near them and my parents have the Hershey Medical Center near them. Both good hospitals for seizures. However there will be 4 to 6 days of traveling (2000+ miles of driving) and that I'm already on pins and needles about.

I have 3 kids also. 7, 6, and 2. The two year old is fearless. Almost too much so. He was just a hair under the height, but the lady let him on. I was shocked. He loved it though!

Toontown at DL is much larger and more elaborate than WDW's previous version. The kids really enjoyed it. Toontown had just closed a few weeks earlier on our last WDW trip, and they missed it.

I have been there during the Christmas holidays. I either want to go at Halloween or shoot for the beginning of May next year. We shall see.::yes::

Halloween is a fun time to go too!! I only said Christmas because that's when we'll be going back. Can't wait to hear when your going back! It sounds like a long time coming though!!

I think it's past time for us to go to Disneyland. But I don't like the idea of being away from JJ's doctors. We are going on vacation this year up north. My in-laws have the Cleveland Clinic near them and my parents have the Hershey Medical Center near them. Both good hospitals for seizures. However there will be 4 to 6 days of traveling (2000+ miles of driving) and that I'm already on pins and needles about.

I don't blame you. That would be a hard decision to make to be so far away. At least you know where you can go when visiting your in-laws. Hopefully you don't have to use them but they are there if you do.

I have 3 kids also. 7, 6, and 2. The two year old is fearless. Almost too much so. He was just a hair under the height, but the lady let him on. I was shocked. He loved it though!

Toontown at DL is much larger and more elaborate than WDW's previous version. The kids really enjoyed it. Toontown had just closed a few weeks earlier on our last WDW trip, and they missed it.

Welcome!! I actually thought he would like it more than he did. Let me correct that I thought he would like it not be terrified of it!!! Yes it was a pure terror cry not a fun cry! What about the 7 and 6 year old? Do they love the fast rides?

That's what I thought. The only time I'd been to WDW's Toontown was in May 2009 (can't remember if it was there when I went in 1992). That's sad you just missed it!

It is a ways off but who knows it may come sooner.:goodvibes

Welcome!! I actually thought he would like it more than he did. Let me correct that I thought he would like it not be terrified of it!!! Yes it was a pure terror cry not a fun cry! What about the 7 and 6 year old? Do they love the fast rides?

That's what I thought. The only time I'd been to WDW's Toontown was in May 2009 (can't remember if it was there when I went in 1992). That's sad you just missed it!

My son loves EVERYTHING! DD loves thrill rides, but dislikes the dark rides. She's hated POTC and Haunted Mansion. Can't get enough of BTMRR, Space Mountain, or Goofy's Sky School. Was so mad that she wasn't tall enough for Screamin'. It was DS's favorite, and he rode it many times. She made it well known each time that she was not happy that she wasn't tall enough!

We went to WDW's Toontown when ds was almost 3 and dd was 18 months. They didn't really remember it. Just had a vague idea of "we're supposed to be able to see Mickey and Minnie's houses. Why can't we?" But, DLR's version puts WDW's to shame. However, it was nice to have the option at WDW. It was still a fun/cute area. Especially for the littler ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter