Our Scotland Brave Adventure!

calypso726

Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time
I am going to attempt my first trip report ever. I will try to update as we go. Our Brave Adventure officially begins on August 4th. We are coming in a few days early. We are now checked in at Miami International Airport. Thanks to learning all about "travel hacking" we are flying first class (my first time). We also got TSA pre checked! This is like a fast pass through airport security! Right now we are hanging out in the Admirals Club lounge enjoying a light meal and complimentary beverages. I'm sure it's 5 o'clock somewhere, therefore, a Reisling at 9:45 am isn't so bad :laughing:

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

Last edited:
Yay, can't wait to see you in a couple days! Very jealous of your 1st Class! I'm planning on doing a TR, too, but we'll see :)

Have a wonderful trip! Hope the weather is as beautiful as we enjoyed in Germany! Will be following along!

Our first leg from MIA to JFK was uneventful. The service was wonderful! We could really get used to this flying first class stuff.

IMG_0674.JPG

Lunch was a salmon salad. We were served nice warm mixed nuts and cranapple juice. Wally wiped the floor with me playing rummy 500.

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

We are waiting now in the British Airways lounge for our flight to London Heathrow.

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

Last edited:

You guys are both First Class so enjoy the special treatment. This will be a fun read. Thanks for taking the time to post so we can travel with you.

I'm very excited to be 'traveling' along with you. I'm sure you will have a great time. I may have to learn about this travel hacking. I need to fly first class to Italy when we go.

Have a fabulous adventure!

Thank you for taking all of us with you. I really enjoyed the lunch. lol

Thank you everybody for following along. When we left off yesterday we were about to board our British Airways flight from JFK into LHR. I could get used to this flying first class stuff! We were offered champagne or any beverage of choice upon entering the cabin. The seating area is spacious and you have your own power outlets to charge electronic devices. The seats have massagers, recline flat into beds and they give your turn down service! How cool is that! :cool1: We were also given a nice toiletry kit with lots of goodies and our own new jammies to change into so our clothes would not get wrinkled. For dinner on the plane DH had a very nice meal of beef cheeks with carrots that were quite savory and very tender. I had tasty ravioli with prosciutto.

IMG_0691.JPG

When we arrived in Edinburgh we took a cab and checked in to the Sheraton Grand Resort & Spa. The gentleman who checked us in was named Jamie :laughing: Despite the fact I was not surrounded by standing stones, this Jamie did not have red hair, nor was he wearing a kilt, DH insisted on nudging me and smirking.

Thanks to the travel hacking we are staying here on points and have Gold status. This comes in handy since we don’t have to check out at noon tomorrow and we can check out at 4pm instead. We were upgraded to the club level in a nice spacious room complete with robes and slippers.

We then went for a stroll to go pick up our tickets for the Royal Military Edinburgh Tattoo tomorrow night. We wanted to keep our bearings and made sure to notice landmarks on the way. Below was my favorite one. I have no idea why half a cow is hanging outside a building window but it made me smile :)

DSC01362.JPG

We were treated to bagpipe music along our walk which made for lovely theme music as we fell in to various tourist traps.

DSC01373.JPG

Our stroll included some beautiful architecture and we really enjoyed seeing some of the sights.

DSC01371.JPG

DSC01366.JPG

DSC01369.JPG

DSC01364.JPG

We even saw … THE INVISIBLE MAN!!!!

DSC01375.JPG

Tonight we had dinner reservations for The Witchery by the Castle. The Witchery restaurant is in a 16th century building. One of our servers was also named Jamie. No red hair or kilt though. The dinner was wonderful and the service was great. We will be checking in tomorrow for two nights in one of their 8 suites. We will be in The Inner Sanctum. Looking forward to that!

DSC01376.JPG

DSC01378.JPG

This one is for Karen aka Dizdragonfly. Wally and I saw this and thought of you!

DSC01394_zps9ab81873.jpg

Last edited:
The gentleman who checked us in was named Jamie :laughing: Despite the fact I was not surrounded by standing stones, this Jamie did not have red hair, nor was he wearing a kilt, DH insisted on nudging me and smirking.

Two Jamies so far!! Sounds promising!!! :banana:

We even saw … THE INVISIBLE MAN!!!!

Freaky!

This one is for Karen aka Dizdragonfly. Wally and I saw this and thought of you!

That's awesome!!! BTW, we had a package arrive today. THANK YOU to you and Wally! I'm so happy to have a DISPeeps shirt to wear again. Jason had a huge grin too when I gave him his. And the boys say "Thanks!" Our DISPeeps shirts were one of the very hardest things that we had to dispose of. So, Mòran taing!!!

Please tell me you were hoping for Jamie Frasier!

Close. Jamie Fraser. ;)

This is amazing!

Thank you for sharing because you have no idea what
this is doing to my Scottish heart strings!! The sights you already posted are bringing back a flood of memories --- canny wait to be back "hame" with my wee brrroood!

What a great start to your trip! And I love that you've already found two gentlemen named Jamie that has to be a good sign right ;)

We started off the morning by taking walk down The Royal Mile. The Fringe Festival is getting underway and there are street performers everywhere! I am officially in love with Edinburgh! I love all the expression of creativity everywhere. There are amazing artists, musicians, performers everywhere you look. I love the sheer number of regular people sporting pink, purple or aqua colored hair and unique clothing style choices.

DSC01406_zpsadd4d92b.jpg

DSC01414_zpsb0a800f7.jpg

DSC01401_zps53838a13.jpg

DSC01405_zpscf7dc70c.jpg

DSC01431_zpsb944b1e6.jpg

DSC01433_zps6379356a.jpg

DSC01445_zps742aacef.jpg

DSC01446_zpsc577938c.jpg

We did The Real Mary King’s Close Tour which was great fun!

DSC01396_zps9110b416.jpg

MaryingsClose_zps18910a86.jpg

The city chamber is right next door.

DSC01398_zpsda2f064f.jpg

We walked down the Royal Mile and then had lunch at The World’s End pub.

DSC01469_zpsb198cf6c.jpg

DSC01470_zps9732d430.jpg

I had a nice Strongbow Cider with ale steak pie and DH had fish & chips. We both had sticky toffee pudding … mmmmmm

DSC01467_zps8d555df5.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter