1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by punkin413, May 4, 2008.

1. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

thanks so much, guys!!! :goodvibes

i will tell eli you said his teeth are bangin. :laughing: can't wait to see your updated countdown!

you are right......25 days!!! yes, i watched most of the opening ceremonies last night. and yes, i too get teary-eyed when the US athletes come in. it's awesome how many cheers they always get even in foreign countries. i'm not one to assume that i'm better than you just because i'm from america, but i'm definitely proud of my country!

to be honest, i wasn't that impressed with their performance on SYTYCD. they didn't sound that good vocally! they've sounded better when i've seen them on TV shows before. maybe they were having an off night. glad you guys enjoyed the concert - your pics were great!

oh, no......that's totally fine! how cool that you're planning a trip like that! if you guys end up at SSR request congress park - it's so nice to be able to walk to DTD so easily!

yep, that calendar is getting blacker every day (which is a good thing!)

the first day of school is always exciting stuff. when anna picked him up she asked the teacher how he was and she said he was good for the most part, but that she did have to get stern with him once because he wanted to play instead of sit down when it was time to sit down. he said, "i'm gonna tell my momma you were mean to me." :rotfl2:

glad i have you the "flat" idea! actually, you can thank winkers and jordan because i stole it from them! HAVE FUN!!!! ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. punkin413

so after having my picture made with tink, we made our way to adventureland. the first thing that caught our eye is that captain jack sparrow was doing his pirate tutorial. we stopped to watch this show for a few minutes. i've never actually caught the whole thing. i always walk up to it in the middle!

this captain jack is mighty fine! :rolleyes1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as we were watching the show, i saw captain hook and mr. smee emerge from nowhere and so i told ray i wanted to follow them. i hadn't met them yet and captain hook is a favorite villian of mine! i have a picture of me and him when i was 7 and i had a goofy baseball hat and captain hook is holding up my goofy ears!

so we followed them over to where they were going to be meeting people and i think we were the 2nd people in line. while we were waiting the pirate tutorial "ended" as it always does, with captain jack running away from....well....everyone! he ran right past us. i love this picture!

[​IMG]

as we approached captain hook and mr. smee, i got a hug from mr. smee and then turned my attention towards captain hook. here's ray making friends with smee......

[​IMG]

captain hook, being the gentleman that he is, grabbed my hand and kissed it. talk about making a girl blush!!!!! :blush:

[​IMG]

you can tell i was really excited. here i am giggling after he kissed my hand. he looks really pleased with himself! :cool2:

[​IMG]

right after this picture was taken, captain hook noticed my tink necklace. he pointed at it and i said, "oh, yeah.....i'm wearing tink around my neck, aren't i?" he then took his hook, held it up, and started tapping it with the fingers of his other hand. IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: he just kept staring at me and tapping. it kinda started to freak me out!

the photopass guy rescued me by telling us to smile for the picture. you can see i made ray stand next to hook because he was mad at me!

[​IMG]

as we were leaving, he started doing the tapping thing again on his hook. i just smiled and waved goodbye, then i turned around and said, "i'll be sure to tell peter and tink you said hello!" he just STARED at me!!!!! :scared1:

that was the funniest character interaction i had had yet. this is why i LOVE the villians.....they're so interesting and hilarious!

as we were walking through adventureland i noticed a photopass guy with a tripod set up. i remembered from snowbell's TR that this is where she had her photopass picture taken fighting captain hook. so i walked up to the guy and asked him and he said we were in the right place! :yay:

i went first and this is how mine turned out. i'm was trying to look mean but i was having a hard time not laughing!

[​IMG]

this is how ray's turned out. i like his better. he looks more like he's really going to sword fight.

[​IMG]

this is what it looks like if you're just standing there, watching someone take the picture. i'm sure people who don't know what's inserted later think this to be a very strange picture!

[​IMG]

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=26809635&postcount=1603

4. punkin413

right after ray took his captain hook picture, i literally turned around and looked around the corner to see.......PETER PAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

[​IMG]

we were having INCREDIBLE character luck this morning! peter pan is my absolute favorite character in all of disney and i've NEVER met him before, so i was REALLY excited!!!!

i didn't wait long before i met him. there wasn't a photopass person there so ray just took the pictures. he asked me where i was from and if they made me grow up there. i told him atlanta and that they try, but they hadn't succeeded yet.

[​IMG]

while wendy was signing my book he said, "you have tink on your neck! is tink your favorite?" i said, "actually, no. you're my favorite." he said, "I'M YOUR FAVORITE????? how about wendy? is she your favorite too?" i wanted to say, "no....we don't like wendy. wendy's a homewrecker." :rotfl: but i didn't. instead i just said, "yeah, wendy's pretty cool too."

then ray took our picture and of course i had to stand like peter. i love this picture, too!

[​IMG]

after that we decided to head into frontierland to ride either splash or big thunder, depending on the waits. as we were walking over the bridge at splash, another super nice person decided to give us their fastpasses. this happened in almost exactly the same spot 2 days before! how lucky are we? :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

we had to wait like 5 minutes to use this, but no big deal! we just kind of walked around and took in the sights of frontierland.

[​IMG]

after the wildest ride in the wilderness, we just sort of walked around frontierland for a little while. ray made a new friend.....

[​IMG]

and then he decided to try on some fashionable headwear.....

[​IMG]

we also browsed the really big pin shop they have there. i may have to start a collection sometime soon!

at this point it was around 11:15 and we were getting kind of hungry. so we decided to head back to the hub to take care of some unfinished business before we left MK to go eat lunch at whispering canyon cafe at the WL. we passed some wickedness along the way......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the line was, again, very long and i didn't feel like waiting, so i just snapped the pictures and kept walking.

meanwhile, back at SSR.......

more pool fun!!!!!!! :woohoo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

up next.......[​IMG]

5. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

Be careful if you start a pin collection! I started one a few years ago, and was only going to buy a couple, but well, let's just say I have more then a couple now. :rolleyes1

6. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

I just love your character pictures this installment. I hope I run into that Captain Jack when I am there is only 10 days!;) :banana:

7. nateryan

nateryan Mouseketeer

All of your Captain Hook pictures are great!! That's so great that you got to meet Peter Pan!
    Can't wait to hear about WCC - I'm too scared to eat there! :goodvibes

8. jwwi

jwwi DIS Veteran

Peter Pan is fun, loved all the pictures. What a great time, and a extra FP bonus too! Score!

9. disneymom1980

disneymom1980 DIS Veteran

I love the latest installment as well. It's so exciting that you got to see all of the Peter Pan characters. I hope that we do when we're there in October. It would actually be really fun to see them at MNSSHP because I'm going to be dressed as Wendy, DH as Peter, and DD as Tinkerbelle. I think that would make for some fun pictures :goodvibes .

10. HonnyDipp

HonnyDipp DIS Veteran

This thread was so much fun! Thanks for sharing the pics!:thumbsup2

11. twob4him

twob4him DIS Veteran

I love the pics and all the "interesting" people you got to meet. That Capt Hook is very intimidating with his big head! :laughing: :thumbsup2 Score on the fastpass hand-me-downs. I tried to give our dream fastpasses away one time and the couple we tried to give them to said, No thanks! :eek:

12. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

Glad to see both doggies are doing well!! :goodvibes Ray's dog keeps getting these "hot spots" and we have to put one of those ridiculous collars on her. Very annoying b/c she bangs into walls when Ty is sleeping!! Grr!!! When one spot heals she licks another one. :headache:

13. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

HUBBA HUBBA!:love:

You're looking mighty fierce in this picture!;)

Take away Ray's sword, and he looks like he's just about to take a bow before a waltz!

14. Camster0307

Camster0307 DIS Veteran

I LOVE this picture! Maybe you can photoshop Wendy out of it?:rolleyes1

What a great day of character meets!

I'm finally giving in to the pin collecting craze too. Both of my daughters do it - why not me? Besides, I already have a nice collection of pins that they have bought me over the years - I want to wear them and show them off!

15. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

I love Peter's picture with you.

16. dwheatl

dwheatl DIS Veteran<br><font color=limegreen>Can you tell

Wendy does have that party pooper, buzz-kill look about her, doesn't she?

17. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

How did I miss your update when I posted about the dogs?? :confused3

I love that pic of jack running..looks just like him!!!! :lovestruc

I am a little creeped out by Smee's hands!!! The fingers are very long and womanly!! :rotfl:

18. KristinAnne

KristinAnne DIS Veteran

You have such cute character pictures! I wish we had that kind of character luck! I love the pictures with Hook, especially the one right after he kissed your hand. Another great shirt you're wearing, by the way!

19. hlrababy

hlrababy Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with

Awww, poor Sherman!! I am he and Eli are feeling better!!!

Oh my gosh, and poor Anna!! I will be just like her next month when Hollie starts pre-school! I am wearing waterproof mascara that day!

20. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

great update and pics.

great luck wiht the characters.

We also had a great time with Captain Hook in january.

21. hlrababy

hlrababy Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with

I love, love, love your Peter Pan picture!!!!! So cute!!!!!
    I really like the one fighting Capt. Hook! I didn't take one last year because I felt stupid standing there looking like I was fighting air, but Chad and Hollie did it and they turned out so cute! So, I am going to have to do it next time!