our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by punkin413, May 4, 2008.

1. troobabiee7

troobabiee7 The core of man's spirit comes from new experience

:( Packing up to leave is always the worst. It sounds like Brooke and Jon had a great time though... talk them into doing a trip report! :lmao: We got the short version and now we want to hear about the whole thing!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

What a great phone call from Brooke! I agree with you abou how much fun it is to hear from others while at Disney!!
    Thanks for the update:goodvibes

4. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

that is funny she called you from TOT. all you would hear from me is laughing. that is all I do on there.

sad they r leaving already.

5. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

we're up to day 5 now!!!!!!

as you know, ray attempted to cash in on my life insurance by shocking me to death when he told me he wanted to go to epcot the next day. luckily, i pulled myself together and didn't die of a heart attack.

we got up around 9:00-ish on thursday and i ate breakfast in the room today. no evil birds for me! as we were getting ready that morning, we decided that we'd head over to MK first so i could purchase my peter pan figurines and have them sent back to the resort, then hop on the monorail to epcot.

we arrived at MK that day around 10:45. these wonderful ladies were serenading us as we entered.....

[​IMG]

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh........main street balloons! does it get any better than this?

[​IMG]

we headed straight for the store where i bought the figurines and i filled out the package transfer thing, then we headed out of MK to the monorail. our car was empty on the first monorail to the TTC.......something you don't see very often!

[​IMG]

we transferred to the second monorail to go to epcot and we had about 3 other adults on the monorail with us. about 10 seconds after we took off, a wave of NASTINESS hit me. :scared: it was DISGUSTING!!!!!! the smell that i "smelt" that day was the grossest thing i've ever come across. i don't know who needed to change their underwear or adult diaper (and i feel really bad saying that), but someone had a mess in their pants! it was so gross. somehow, ray couldn't smell it (he has horrible sinus issues) and i'm still boggled about that. he was lucky though. i just kept my hand discreetly over my nose and looked out the window because my eyes were tearing up from the smell. when we got off the monorail, i felt like i was gonna throw up. YUCK!!!!!!!

we headed into epcot while i tried to erase that monorail ride from my memory. here's the obligatory SE picture......with no wand!

[​IMG]

we headed to the left side of the park because we were gonna check out the wait for test track. no way was i going on mission space after that monorail ride - my stomach was too queazy! so we bypassed that. as we walked up to test track, from a distance i thought the wait said 10 minutes.

[​IMG]

as we got closer, i realized it said 40. we don't love it that much, so we skipped it.

i know most of you are asking, why didn't they go do soarin or at least get a fastpass for it? we're not soarin fans. we're one of the few people that don't "get" that ride. i mean, it's not BAD. it's just not that good in my opinion. but i have promised erica multiple rides on soarin in september, so i knew i'd be back anyway!

we headed for WS but we had to go back to the right because we needed to go to england for our lunch ADRs at rose and crown. we came across this on the way.....

[​IMG]

a butterfly garden........cool!!! pluto was guarding minnie's butterfly garden.....

[​IMG]

this little area was so neat! i love butterflies and i have a butterfly garden outside my office window at home, but it's nothing like this! here are some shots i got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm glad we saw this because it really was neat!

time for some photopass pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next we came across this area.....i couldn't resist checking it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

me and tink = BFF. now if only i could meet her in real life! :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i decided to call winkers b/c i was thinking she and her family were at epcot that day. i got her voicemail and left her a message that ray and i were there and to call me if she got this before they left. i didn't hear from her, but that's okay - we were gonna meet at the pirate and princess party the next night anyway!

we were almost to canada when we came across a couple of little kiosks that were selling some really cute garden stuff. i found a tink bird bath that i couldn't resist! it was only like $25 too! i bought it and had it sent to the front of the park so we could pick it up on the way out. such a great service! i love not having to carry around this stuff!

this bird bath ended up just outside my office window in my butterfly garden. here are some pics i took when we got home......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

isn't she cute????

on to canada.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=26297255&postcount=1145

6. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

i loved these flowers!

[​IMG]

we didn't stay long in canada before we headed to england......

[​IMG]

we had 1:00 ADRs at the rose and crown. at this point it was only about 12:20, but ray decided it was time for a guiness. so we found a bench and he enjoyed his beer while we people watched.

[​IMG]

after about 15 minutes, ray went to get another guiness and we decided to do a little shopping. here's ray making friends with the bartender.

[​IMG]

i REALLY wish they had these in adult sizes!!!! princess:

[​IMG]

he'll never grow up!

[​IMG]

ray wanted a picture of these chimney stacks. he says they look just like the ones on some building in england. i will admit to my ignorance about this sort of thing. ray watches the history channel all the time so he's way more knowledgeable than i am on this stuff!

[​IMG]

we checked in at the rose and crown after our shopping and were seated almost immediately. we had a nice table right on the water. this was my view......

[​IMG]

and this was ray's view.......

[​IMG]

i decided it was time for an adult beverage since ray was already 2 ahead of me. i got a welsh dragon - peach schnapps, melon liqueur, creme de menthe, orange juice and pineapple juice. it was GOOD!

[​IMG]

ray got a black and tan. check him out admiring his drink! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

after i took that picture i commented that i couldn't see the "black and tan," so ray decided to give me a better view. i was so scared he was gonna let the glass fall!

[​IMG]

shortly after drinks came the bread.......good stuff!

[​IMG]

i decided on the tamarind-glazed pork loin served with roasted potatoes. it also came with some sort of greens. it was really good!

[​IMG]

ray got harry ramsden's fish and chips. he said they were really good, too! i don't like fried fish so i didn't try them. by the way, the chips are hiding under that ginormous piece of fish.

[​IMG]

about halfway through the meal ray finished his black and tan and decided he wanted to try the beer flight they offer. when our server returned with this, he almost fell out of his chair!!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

here is our server explaining the beers to ray. i can tell he's just thinking, "holy crap......how am i gonna walk around epcot after this???" :lmao:

[​IMG]

here is my dear husband with a beer mustache.......classy!

[​IMG]

i do have to comment how nice it was to sit out on the water that day enjoying lunch together! the weather was perfect and we had such a beautiful view. i didn't notice it at the time, but about an hour after we had lunch my shoulders were feeling kinda tender. i had gotten a good bit of sun during lunch! i don't burn easily so i was fine......just a little pinker than i had been that morning!

we decided on no dessert since we knew we had the rest of WS to explore and plenty of food around us to sample, plus we were both full. i went inside to use the ladies room after lunch - the inside of this restaurant is really pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it was a great lunch and i'm glad ray decided to suggest coming to epcot that day!

up next......our adventures around the world!!!!!! and what in the world is this doing here?

[​IMG]

7. Hedy

Hedy <font color=blue>I'm <s>22</s> 27 and I still kind

Well, it's pretty clear why Ray wanted to go to Epcot. :lmao: :lmao:

8. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

great update and pics.

that is funny what came out for the beer after all the beer he had.

your drink looked delicious.

The fish looked smaller than the one I had. mine was long.

9. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

What beautiful pictures!! The bird bath looks great outside your window!
    I about fell out of ny chair when the picture of all those beers come up:lmao:
    Your smiles are so awesome in the pictures!!:goodvibes

10. k_reile

k_reile Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

i'll have to remember rose and crown for DH next time we go to WDW...he loves beer samplers...though I wonder if you can just get them at the bar also? We did not dine there because the menu looked like something I would not eat as I am a very picky eater and he wanted resturants on our last trip that had more steak selections. We did go to the bar at rose and crown quite a few times during our trip as DH is also a guiness beer fan. I just got wine there since I am only a miller lite beer fan and do not drink the heavy beer.

11. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

Great update. I really have to plan a trip during the Flower and Garden festival sometime, it looks so pretty then, even more so then usual.

12. hlrababy

hlrababy Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with

I love, love, love the Tink bird bath!!!!

Hmm, I know exactly why Ray wanted to go to Epcot!!! :rotfl:

13. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

So sad that Brooke and Jon are leaving today! Bummer about the crowds :(.

Great update! I love the Tink bird bath!

Rose and Crown looks really good and fun! That may end up on next trip's list! And I will definitely need to sample one of those Welsh Dragons! :laughing:

Too funny about Ray and the beer flight!

14. lmillercrew

lmillercrew DIS Veteran

I love Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival. It's so pretty and amazing seeing how Disney imagineers and gardners create those statues with plants and flowers. I absolutely love the Butterfly house. I took my DD there for her first visit to Epcot and she got to hold butterflies on her little finger. It was the cutest. (I know you don't have kids, but you get the pic);)
    So, did Ray drink all of those beers? or did he just taste? We don't drink at all, but I've seen some of the drinks that you've had and they look yummy. How did Ray do with walking the WS after those drinks? hehe

15. pooksma

pooksma <font color=red>Can't help it~there is something a

Knew there was a reason I loved Rose n' Crown!

16. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

Great update! I am now considering squeezing in Rose and Crown in December since I love fried fish and that looked yummy!! Plus the water view was awesome! :thumbsup2

17. Goofyluver

Goofyluver <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=red>Knock

Loved the butter balls...

And loved the update! :teeth:

18. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

What a darling bird bath! I want one for my garden to go with the tink windchime we bought!

What a great view for lunch... and I love the pictures of the flowers and things at EPCOT!

19. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

looks like i found a reason to have lunch at rose and crown when we go to epcot.

i could not really tell fromt he picture, were they about half beer sizes?

20. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

Can't wait to hear how the rest of the afternoon went Did Ray require many pitstops? :rotfl2:

21. disneymom1980

disneymom1980 DIS Veteran

Love the update.....I don't think my DH would be walking after all that beer! We would have had to put him in the stroller instead of DD :lmao: .