our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

I didn't watch your HM videos as I haven't seen the new changes.
I don't want to spoil the experience! hehe

Great update! Can't wait for more!

Dawn - love your update with the videos. I haven't been on the HM before so I wouldn't know what's different. Yes I'm sad to say I was afraid to go on the HM. I'm not much for Haunted Houses but DH couldn't convince me that no one was going to come out and grab. That is not cool. Those Dole Whips, Dole floats, yummy - I'm getting them both, what's the difference one has ice cream?

Here's one of my fave pics
P1030334.jpg

That's a great picture. Now I can't wait to see it.

It looks like you are having a great time so far. You guys sure got a lot done in the first day. :thumbsup2
Thanks for sharing. I love all of the pictures and the videos. What kind of camcorder do you have? I am in the market for one.
I think we will be there the same time as you in Sept. We will be staying at POP (I forgot where y'all are staying)

it's a sony handycam. we got it a little over 2 years ago. ray wants to get a newer one...maybe later this year. anyway, it's a good camera. the picture is way clearer than my videos because i record it with my digital camera off the TV! so in real life the picture is much better.

our dates for september are 9/3-9/8. we're staying at pop too! :thumbsup2

Your first day sounded like a great one! You stayed at MK pretty late considering your early start and very little sleep!

tell me about it! we wanted to stay later but with our noisy neighbors the night before we just couldn't get good sleep. very annoying!

That is a very good picture, Erica!

i agree! :thumbsup2

The best seats ever? I can't wait.......popcorn::

just wait until you see where we sit - let's just say we got really good seats because i'm a moron! :laughing:

Yay......great update, Dawn! :goodvibes

I'm so glad to see that there's someone else who uses "night vision" on their camcorder. Ever since finding it on our camera, DH is obsessed with using it on the rides at Disney! :rotfl2: It is a cool feature though!

I can't wait to hear about your "seats" for Beauty and the Beast..........that is one of my FAVORITE shows in the parks..........we never miss it! :thumbsup2

i love me some beauty & the beast too! the music in it is my favorite out of all the disney movies. ray LOVES the night vision...it is pretty cool!

B&B YES!! I didn't get to see that last time....we didn't time it right and I wasn't going to make Matt sit through another 'show' :worried:

and I'm excited about some tonga toast also ::yes::
I meant to ask you about the PTR....we'll discuss later :idea:

:hmghost: Thanks!!! :teeth: :hmghost:

well, don't you worry. we WILL be seeing beauty and the beast! ::yes::

I didn't watch your HM videos as I haven't seen the new changes.
I don't want to spoil the experience! hehe

Great update! Can't wait for more!

that's why i warned everyone - didn't want to spoil it!

Dawn - love your update with the videos. I haven't been on the HM before so I wouldn't know what's different. Yes I'm sad to say I was afraid to go on the HM. I'm not much for Haunted Houses but DH couldn't convince me that no one was going to come out and grab. That is not cool. Those Dole Whips, Dole floats, yummy - I'm getting them both, what's the difference one has ice cream?

That's a great picture. Now I can't wait to see it.

trust me - you WON'T be scared. it's nothing like a real haunted house that you'd see at halloween. it's more classicly scary, almost just plain cheesy (but in a good way)! the dole whip is just pineapple-flavored soft serve ice cream. the float is the same with pineapple juice. the float is so good if you mix the juice and ice cream together to make it slushie!

We will get there late on 9/5-9/14 so our trip will overlap by a few days. If I see you I will say hi.
I can't wait to be back there again. Double digits today :cool1:

here's our potential itinerary so you'll know if we overlap on any days. this is VERY potential - as in we may very well change our minds!

9/4 - DHS day/MK evening
9/5 - epcot day/MK for MNSSHP
9/6 - AK day/epcot evening
9/7 - MK or epcot day/hoop de doo review/MK evening

Your Bachelorette party sounded fun, we call them hen nights here.

What a fun packed day you had and to finish with a Dole Whip :cloud9: BTW we were having an argument (a fun one) on TFW as I pronounce them Doll A whereas everyone else (OK you Americans) say Dole to rhyme with coal whip :rotfl:

What a fun packed day you had and to finish with a Dole Whip :cloud9: BTW we were having an argument (a fun one) on TFW as I pronounce them Doll A whereas everyone else (OK you Americans) say Dole to rhyme with coal whip :rotfl:

I would enjoy hearing you say in your accent as opposed to mine. I always say that I would love a British accent, and I've heard other Americans say the same thing. But, I have never heard an Englishman say, I want to go to America so that I can get and American accent.:rotfl: :rotfl:

So, I have been lurking on your TR for awhile and just have to say that all your pics and video are really feeding my excitement for my trip!

Thanks, too, for bolstering my nerve to ride ToT over on Winker's thread!

I live in GA, too. :thumbsup2

great update and pics

I love a dole whip float

hen nights! :rotfl2: that's good. i'll have to remember that.

interesting that you pronounce it doll a. there's a commercial on right now over here with a comedian who imitates president bush and he says something about the remote control having a "paus-ay" button on it! :rotfl: just a little fun for george w. ;)

So, I have been lurking on your TR for awhile and just have to say that all your pics and video are really feeding my excitement for my trip!

Thanks, too, for bolstering my nerve to ride ToT over on Winker's thread!

I live in GA, too. :thumbsup2

thanks for coming out of lurkdom! i'm glad to see you. i've seen you over on winkers thread. welcome! i hope you do go on ToT. you will be nervous waiting in line - i was. but i'm telling you - i ALWAYS laugh harder on that ride than anything else and being nervous beforehand makes you laugh even harder!

i figured you lived in charleston b/c of your username, but i had never looked to actually see. i live near athens, but i'm originally from nashville.

great update and pics

I love a dole whip float

thanks! me too......i can't wait to get another one in 3 months! :thumbsup2

thanks for coming out of lurkdom! i'm glad to see you. i've seen you over on winkers thread. welcome! i hope you do go on ToT. you will be nervous waiting in line - i was. but i'm telling you - i ALWAYS laugh harder on that ride than anything else and being nervous beforehand makes you laugh even harder!

i figured you lived in charleston b/c of your username, but i had never looked to actually see. i live near athens, but i'm originally from nashville.

Last year I got as far as the entrance to the queue (as in the gates to the hotel), and then I chickened out. I figure if my 10-year-old can handle it, then surely I can buck up and get on the thing.

I grew up in Charleston, but live in the Atlanta area these days.

Last year I got as far as the entrance to the queue (as in the gates to the hotel), and then I chickened out. I figure if my 10-year-old can handle it, then surely I can buck up and get on the thing.

I grew up in Charleston, but live in the Atlanta area these days.

i'm sure you'll make it this year....i have faith!

i get down to atlanta sometimes for work. i dread going down there though. i prefer being up in the country with less traffic and craziness! it takes me 20 minutes to get to the mall of georgia, so that's all i need!

I am another Georgia girl too. We always just drive down it is so much easier :rotfl:

exactly! i had no idea the drive to WDW was so easy. now i'm ready to go any time!

You are very close to where we live!

We drive, too, because then I don't have to worry about what I can and can't pack. I can take it all!

i haven't flown since '96 during the olympics. so i'd have no idea where to even start with all the regulations that have been enforced since 9/11. it's so overwhelming!

i'm sure you'll make it this year....i have faith!

i get down to atlanta sometimes for work. i dread going down there though. i prefer being up in the country with less traffic and craziness! it takes me 20 minutes to get to the mall of georgia, so that's all i need!

Awww, you have faith in me!!! :goodvibes

We are north of the city, and pretty much in the country, but drive down to Atlanta when we need a bit of big city.

Mall of Georgia is our usual Christmas shopping outing -- I wish we were closer to it!

exactly! i had no idea the drive to WDW was so easy. now i'm ready to go any time!

i haven't flown since '96 during the olympics. so i'd have no idea where to even start with all the regulations that have been enforced since 9/11. it's so overwhelming!

That's been our problem -- it's almost too easy to drive down there...:rotfl:

I try to fly as little as possible -- I don't like it much since 9/11.

DAY 2 BEGINS!!!!!

as i said in the last installment, i didn't set the alarm on this day. we had a late night on sunday and DHS had EMH this night, so i knew we had plenty of time. besides, our goal this time was not to repeat anything at DHS except for ToT, RnRC, beauty and the beast and fantasmic. other than that, we were just planning on doing all the stuff we didn't get to do last time, so we had plenty of time today.

i woke up somewhere around 9:00 (i think), fixed some coffee and went out on our little porch to enjoy it along with an orange and a croissant with cream cheese. it was really nice sitting out there in the morning, watching the water and the people across the lake at DTD. :cloud9: i loved it! the birds did bug me a bit, but they weren't too terrible that morning. i'd just shew them away. i'm sure if anyone saw me they thought i was really mean!

after i showered, ray got up and we decided to go to DTD because ray had forgotten his hoodie and it had gotten pretty cool the night before. i had my hoodie in the car, but since he was getting one, i decided that i needed one, too. ;) we also wanted to eat lunch over at DTD because there really weren't any CSs at DHS that appealed to us.

we took our first 10-minute walk over to the marketplace. it was so nice to be able to get there so quickly and without having to wait for a bus! and the walk was nice - mostly shaded until you get near the highway. on the way, ray asked me what day it was (isn't it hard to keep up with the days when you're on vacation?) i told him it was monday and he said, "when are we leaving?" i told him on saturday. and he said, "it's only monday? well, then that's the motto for today: it's only monday." :rotfl:

we went to world of disney first to look at the hoodies. ray ended up with this one - he said he knew before he went in which one he wanted because he had seen someone wearing it the night before.

Picture074.jpg

Picture075.jpg

i got this one. the front is okay but i just love the back!

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

i also picked up some post cards. when we went to pay, the CM asked if we wanted a disney throw for $15 since we had spent over a certain amount (i can't remember what the amount was!). so we threw that in, too. i'm glad we did because i LOVE it! i swear i walk around the house with it draped over me when i'm cold! :laughing: it's really big, too. i had to stand on a chair in the kitchen to take this picture of it lying on the floor.

Picture076.jpg

after we made our purchases, we headed to earl of sandwich for lunch. please forgive me - i didn't take my camera! :( we just grabbed our wallet when we went to DTD that day. i got the hawaiian sandwich with grilled chicken, ham, pineapple, bbq sauce and swiss cheese. it was VERY GOOD! ray got the original which he added steak sauce to and he said it was awesome. we actually each took half of our sandwich back to the room so save for a late-night snack.

while we were eating, we saw the couple we had seen the night before at kona who were celebrating their 10-year anniversary. we talked to them for a minute - they were so sweet!

we walked back to the room, packed the backpack and headed towards the bus stop to DHS. we arrived at the park sometime around 1:15. it wasn't too crowded, but it definitely wasn't a slow day!

DSC04000.jpg

photopass pictures! actually this first one is from my camera and i like it better than the photopass version of the same picture.

DSC04002.jpg

Picture018.jpg

i love this one! i can't decide which graphic i like better, though.

Picture022.jpg

i have this one as my desktop wallpaper right now.

Picture025-1.jpg

when we reached the hat, high school musical was being performed. we stopped to watch it a few minutes.

DSC04003.jpg

after that we headed towards ToT/RnRC. when we passed by the beauty and the beast sign, i noticed that the 1:45 show was going to be starting in like 10 minutes. we decided to go ahead and catch that show since we were right there anyway. this is my FAVORITE show at disney and it's a must-do for me!

we walked down to the front of the seating area and we were going to go across the front row in order to go back up the side, but then i noticed that there was just enough room for 2 people on the VERY FRONT ROW in the center section but to the left a little. i asked the man next to the empty seats if anyone was sitting there and he said no, so we grabbed them! :thumbsup2

as we were sitting there, i started looking around and i realized we were in the handicapped section. i said something to ray and he looked around and agreed with me. oops! :worried: i really loved these seats and was thinking to myself that there was no room for another chair there. so i went to ask the CM who was letting people in the side entrance if it was okay if we stayed there. he said it was!!!!! i was so happy because i'd never been this close before. he said there was no way he could fit anyone where we were sitting anyway. :hyper:

ray decided to go grab a snack before the show started. he ended up not getting back until after the first scene, but when he returned he had a frozen lemonade, some french fries and a fastpass to ToT! :worship: i trained him well! :rotfl: he said the wait to ToT was like 50 minutes and i think the return time wasn't until like 4:30.

so anyway, the pictures i took of beauty and the beast were the best i've ever taken. but i do have to warn you......if you don't enjoy this show, you're gonna be totally bored with the rest of this installment. i took SO MANY pictures because we were so close. these aren't even all of them! hope you enjoy!!!! :surfweb:

DSC04006.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04011.jpg

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25415090&postcount=417

you need to learn to control your temper!

DSC04059.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

DSC04064.jpg

DSC04065.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04078.jpg

DSC04079.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04090.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

DSC04101.jpg

DSC04103.jpg

this little girl was allowed to come up to the stage as the show ended....it was cute!

DSC04105.jpg

up next.....winnie the rabbit (?), fast cars and flat people amnesia!

Great pics! And poor Gaston; if only he'd stayed with the bubbly blond bimbos, how different it all could have been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!