Our New Addition

mrsheppo

Mom to 11 and still partially sane
After my postings in the last month of the loss of 2 of our beloved dogs, Phoebe and Iggy, we decided to adopt another fur baby. Our dachshund had been moping around after the deaths of his two friends, barking and whining and it was heartbreaking to watch as he had never been alone in his life.

So off to our local humane society we go, just looking to see what animals would make a good fit for our family. We walked through all the kennels and only one dog had caught my eye and I was still iffy about that one and I wanted to take a second look. When heading for the kennel of the dog I wanted to see, I just happened to pass another kennel and this beautiful little girl came trotting out. It was a female dachshund who was shy but inquisitive. We immediately stopped to take a better look and we were very taken with her. She is a beautiful dapple with black and silver markings and the most intriguing eyes, one brown and one blue.

We went to the front desk to ask about a getting acquainted meeting so we could see if she would be a good fit with our family. They brought her to a room and we were able to have one on one time with her. She quickly warmed up to us and we knew she was the one. We filled out the adoption application and asked why she was surrendered. It turns out her previous family was military and being transferred overseas and could not take her.

We were very excited that our application was approved and we're able to take her to her new forever home. Her name is Bella and she is 4 years old. She gets along great with our male dachshund and though she likes the cat, she is stilled trying to warm up to a new dog in the house. Bella is a little love bug and loves to cuddle and play with our 6 year old.

While we will never forget our dear departed canines, Bella is here to help us heal. Thanks for everyone's support over the last few weeks.

Bella005.jpg

Bella008.jpg

Bella010.jpg

Congrats on your new family member. She is beautiful!!!!

Congratulations on your new family member. I am glad you found a great dog and Bella gets a new home. I remember your post clearly because we lost our black Lab the same week.

As things would work out, we also adopted a new family member this weekend. He has been such a sweetie. My 8yo is smitten and I think the feeling is mutual!
Blake_elena.jpg

I hope your new little girl has a long and happy life with you.

She is beautiful !!!! I am a doxie LOVER !! My first dog was a doxie at age 5 and now at 39 , I have my 5th one snoring next to me. Congrats !!!

Congratulations on your new family member. I am glad you found a great dog and Bella gets a new home. I remember your post clearly because we lost our black Lab the same week.

As things would work out, we also adopted a new family member this weekend. He has been such a sweetie. My 8yo is smitten and I think the feeling is mutual!
Blake_elena.jpg

Congrats to you, too! :lovestruc

So happy for all of you!

Bella looks adorable.

That must be a popular dog name. There are 2 dogs named Bella in our little 22 house neighborhood and today when my daughter and I were walking in the park, we heard someone calling their dog who happened to be named Bella.

Blake_elena.jpg

He is beautiful. Congrats to your family, too!!

:yay: Barbara, so glad you added another family member. She is so cute.
Many happy years to you all!!

Congratulations to you too, design_mom. He looks very happy ::yes::

She is adorable! We are a doxy family here, so I know how they grab hold of your hearts and never let go!

:lovestruc

we also got a dog this week end. I would post a picture but I never can:rotfl:

My dad's toy yorkie had puppies and he gave my daughter one.

SO now we have a 100lb lab and a 2lb yorkie.:lmao:

AND I just realized you named her Bella that is what my dd named hers too:rotfl2::thumbsup2

AND I just realized you named her Bella that is what my dd named hers too:rotfl2::thumbsup2

She was actually named Bella and my DD name is Isabella:lmao:

Congrats on your new puppy. I bet the yorkie will rule over the lab.:rotfl2:

congratulations on your new addition :)

We lost our beloved old girl, Abby, in November and I thought it would take longer for us to find another dog, but in January I stumbled upon a beauty of a girl who had been found on Christmas Eve. No one claimed her and she was put up for adoption - she is a border collie / beagle cross - looks like a small black lab with a white belly and four white paws and a white snout, with a smattering of black.

I believe the right animal comes along at the right time. Our girl, Charlee, has helped to heal our hearts that were so broken after we lost our Ab. Charlee is a total clown and we are constantly laughing at her antics. She is also a total lovebug :love: We are as smitten with her as she is with us!!! :D

So congratulations ... she needed you as much as you needed her ... and by adopting a rescue dog, it opens up that spot for another dog to have a chance at adoption too!!! I wholeheartedly believe in rescuing - we can find any kind of dog - mutt or purebred ... the love from a rescue is like no other :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter