Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

We are always up late. If I get in bed by midnight, that's early for me. Then when I get to bed, I'm usually playing Diamond Dash and Solitaire until 2 or 3. I'm in US Central time zone, so it's about 11:08 my time as I'm typing this.

I know!! Even my DH is getting excited about the trip. With the FP+, this is the first time we have ever talked about park strats. Normally, we just hit the park I have scheduled that day, and do the park all willy-nilly and however we feel at that moment. It's been kind of neat making a plan of attack. Someone on the September FB thread said that on their 21st day out, their MDE said their Magic Bands were being shipped. Well tomorrow is our 21st day, so I can't wait to see if the status changes to being shipped. Although with it being a Sunday, it may not change until Monday. I keep going to the site to look at our bands. I was even able to add our MNSSHP tickets to them. I'm still going to bring them with us, and wrote our names on the cards in Sharpee in case we need them. My DH has already told me that if we do get the bands before our trip, he is hiding them from me to keep me from wearing mine everyday until the trip.

Well I think I am going to lay down and watch some tv, or a movie, on the laptop. I made Le Cellier's mushroom risotto with pork chops tonight and I am way beyond full.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Yippee! Can't wait!
    And congrats on your new job! How exciting.

Wookie we had the stew once at Mara, and there was 1 cube of meat in mine :( the lady at the table next to us had lots of meat :confused3 so I took mine back. CM said she just uses a ladle, and didn't notice there wasn't meat in it. But it was good. We went again last year and they have nightly dinner specials that are as good as a TS IMO!

Woohoo for 20 more days!

update we picked up our magic bands at Pop. Went to TL, then after grocery shop we were too pooped to go to Epcot last night where we had FP+ booked. So we just had dinner at food court and called it a night! We were going to walk over to AoA too, best laid plans...... Getting up at 5:00 and the 3 hr drive took its toll, and here I am, up at 3:30am woke up for bathroom, and can't get back to sleep! But tomorrow ( or today) is DHS and get to test my FP+

4. letthewookiewin

Do you have the generic grey or were you able to pick your colors before hand?

My DH has decided that on our AK day, once we leave the park, we are going to DTD to see a movie. He's thinking about paying OOP for dinner at Planet Hollywood before catching a movie.

5. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Kids go back go school tomorrow....promise to catch up this week!!!

HUGS to everyone!!!!
    Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. letthewookiewin

Mine still have another week until they go back, and they don't start until a Tuesday. Which I have always thought was odd. Even their last school district started on a Tuesday. Joey does have early morning football practice this next week. I have to drop him off at the school by 7 AM.

My boys will start school on Tuesday, August 27, go to school Tues-Fri. Then they have a three day weekend before their 2nd week of school. They go to school Tues-Thurs, and the we leave on Friday for WDW. We have decided to start the trip off right with breakfast at The Original Pancake House.

7. letthewookiewin

Well this is odd....when I look at my ticker, it has the wrong number of days left. It shows that we have 29 days until we leave, but we only have 19.

8. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Too funny, when i look at your ticker it does say 19!!!:rotfl2:

Won't be long now!;)

Trish

9. letthewookiewin

It's messing with my brain just to drive me crazy.

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR pas130, JEANETTE!:grouphug:

:bday:

11. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Peeps!

Welcome back Trish and Iheart!!

:rotfl2: I'm kind of a kid that way too!!

:rotfl:

Yum! A nice welcome home! :goodvibes

Sheila, hope that Apple gives you a new phone with no problem (that was my experience 2 months ago). Since my phone was under a year old (and no visible signs of misuse) I was told I would get a new phone. Hope it goes as easy for you too!!

:yay: You know how much Sam and I loved our stay at POR! You will too! :cool1:

Pas, congratulations on the new job!! :woohoo: It seems to be all positives! Very happy for you my friend! :hug:

Sue, :yay: for getting to Disney! And now you are at GF!! Was your DD super surprised?? :goodvibes

:woohoo: Congrats Jen!! No "jumping ship" now!! :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Funny our bonus was always the POTC... Maybe try trying and you might get offerered something different? You are so close now!!

Wookie, Wolfgang Puck Express would be a great option too!

Hi Melissa!! :goodvibes

And today I see 18 days!!

12. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

WISING OUR JEANETTE THE VERY HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS!

party:

Hoping this day is as wonderful as you are! :flower3:

Love ya!
    :hug:

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Jeanette!!!

:bday:party:

Hope you have a great day!!! :cheer2:

14. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANETTE! :dance3::cheer2::jumping1::bday:party:

And super congrats on taking the new job!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

15. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Janet I hope so they did the same with Ddil. Still phone less though since we got lost Saturday trying to find the Apple store in New Haven or North Haven depending on what source your checking :lmao:

On the bright side found a new Chinese Buffet :rotfl:

Decided against to wait to try again today since yesterday was the start of "no tax" for back to school and we figured it would be busy

16. sjs314

Happy Birthday Jeanette!!!​

party::bday::rockband:

17. sjs314

Hmm I see 21, 26, 19 & 20 :rotfl2: :crazy2:

18. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays, Jeannette!
    :cool1::woohoo::cool1::woohoo::cool1::woohoo:

19. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

Happy Birthday, Dear Jeannette!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Missed you SOOOO much!!!! Thank you, you remembered :hug:

I have some great cards from my friends here, and my girls!! Brandon walked up to the corner and its donuts for breakfast!! I am attempting to write my final term paper for one of my classes...but I need a day off. I am happy with POR, but I am kinda leaning to deluxe. April doesn't always get the best discounts but WL would make everyone super happy...with over 7 months left..my resort may change a few times :rolleyes1

Thanks Candace!

Thanks Jen! I had a horrible shift yesterday in the ER, I was in charge and it was busy and aggravating. My feet hurt SO much last night. I started to say goodbyes to people (I am not giving a lot of notice..want to be sure things are ok at new place)I started to cry when I came home, but DH and HRH said "Mommy you need a slushie" And next I knew I had a slushie..just like WDW plastic cup and all :yay:

Thanks Sheila :hug: I really dislike my birthday, but this year is different..dunno why. Maybe since all my kids are so happy to celebrate it:goodvibes

Thanks Magic Linda:hug:

Thanks Christine! :hug:

Thank you everybody :grouphug:

21. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Congrats on the new job and Happy Birthday!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII