Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

I see Linda is still scheming!!! She had some fabulous ideas this weekend, but alas, did not work out for me...maybe Janet will hop onboard the use that AP every chance ya get train! :cool1:

That's me always scheming!!! :rotfl2:

I'm in the process of making my FP+ reservations this morning!! :thumbsup2

HI Christine! :hug: :)

:goodvibes PAS: Hi! :) I am pretty sure Canadian Basic Training is 12 weeks long, then if he gets the trade he wants (Air Structures Tech/ kind of like a body shop person for airplanes) then his trade training is the longest one in the military - 52 weeks long!!! I know he'll get some leave in there somewhere, but I don't know where -- and we are not sure yet when it might be or for how long. I don't know if he gets a small break after graduation, or if it's right off to his trade training....

So, I guess we will start the application process this spring and just get a feel for it, and see how it's going as time goes along. I would like to stick with the Jan 2015 trip time, if it ends up having to be just DH and I , I guess that's what it is..... we will deal with it when the time comes..... I am still open to Oct/ Nov time frame if it works out too -- I just checked pricing for Oct/Nov this yr to get an idea of what I need to save, and boy are things expensive! I checked both BWI Deluxe room/ basic ddp/ 6 day PH pass, 7 night stay. and KIdani 1 Bdrm suite -- same options.

An example: November 14-21 Kidani 1 BDRM / Basic DDP/ 6 day PH Pass for 4 adults = $6,555 upgrade to DLX dining = $7850....this is with the free dining deal.

2.) October 24-31 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level
Free dining Discount
$5298.00 6 Day PH passes, Basic DDP (free dining), 7 night stay

So option 2 is looking best -- it's what we usually love to do, stay AKL CL.....but if the kiddos come, it means my 18 yo son (by then he'd be graduated and considered an adult in Alberta/Canada) sharing a bed with his GF! who'd also be graduated and 18 :crazy2: I know they'd be considered adults, and graduated and all, but it still feels weird to let them be in the same bed, even if it is right beside me!!!!! LOL
However, the pricing is much more palatable.....so it's a toss up.
I wasn't able to check on January pricing yet.... and DVC rental is still an option, although, I don't know how much it would really save -- and it is completely unrefundable and changes are not allowed, so I'd really have to be firm on the dates, etc....

If the savings would only be under $1,000, I'm not sure it would be worth it to rent DVC, because I am not one who likes to be stuck to conditions and contracts that are non-changable....also by the time I pay for the extra housekeeping I like to have, I don't know if it is the best option for me! I wish I had someone who could let me know what it would cost to rent the 1BDRM at Kidani during those weeks, so I could get an idea of the price difference buying things a la carte!

I am guessing our trip will have to either be Oct 2014 or Jan 2015 -- it's the most economical time to go, and Andrew really wants to do the MNSSHP with his GF, so that means Oct/ also their's a chance of Free Dining in Oct.
however, I really want to get away from Alberta's nasty winter! so that makes January/FEB the ideal trip time. Also, I need to be cognizant of the costs because they want to add on 3 or 4 nights at Universal, 1 day at Busch Gardens and 1 day at Kennedy Space Centre, which will only add to our total!!

I guess I will wait and see what the recruitment process ends up looking like for Andrew and proceed from there!

One things for sure, I can't wait to go back! Wish picking a date was easier!! :p

Marie

Maybe another name to the reservation????? :cool1:

:rotfl2: Ya never know... you aren't the only one with a scheming mind!!

I see Linda is still scheming!!! She had some fabulous ideas this weekend, but alas, did not work out for me...maybe Janet will hop onboard the use that AP every chance ya get train! :cool1:

That's a shame Christine... :hug: When Linda menioned it to me I thought it was a fabulous idea!

That's me always scheming!!! :rotfl2:

I'm in the process of making my FP+ reservations this morning!! :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

HI Christine! :hug: :)

:goodvibes PAS: Hi! :) I am pretty sure Canadian Basic Training is 12 weeks long, then if he gets the trade he wants (Air Structures Tech/ kind of like a body shop person for airplanes) then his trade training is the longest one in the military - 52 weeks long!!! I know he'll get some leave in there somewhere, but I don't know where -- and we are not sure yet when it might be or for how long. I don't know if he gets a small break after graduation, or if it's right off to his trade training....

So, I guess we will start the application process this spring and just get a feel for it, and see how it's going as time goes along. I would like to stick with the Jan 2015 trip time, if it ends up having to be just DH and I , I guess that's what it is..... we will deal with it when the time comes..... I am still open to Oct/ Nov time frame if it works out too -- I just checked pricing for Oct/Nov this yr to get an idea of what I need to save, and boy are things expensive! I checked both BWI Deluxe room/ basic ddp/ 6 day PH pass, 7 night stay. and KIdani 1 Bdrm suite -- same options.

I guess I will wait and see what the recruitment process ends up looking like for Andrew and proceed from there!

One things for sure, I can't wait to go back! Wish picking a date was easier!! :p

Marie

Hi Marie, meant to reply to your earlier post.....hope it works out that you can all go together in Jan '15 ... but if not maybe you can plan a long weekend closer to home with the boys before Andrew would leave. And keep in mind that Disney will always be there for a future family trip. :thumbsup2 Do hope DH health is continually improving. I keep him in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Hello ladies! :grouphug: Missed all of you. There's no conceivable way I'll be able to catch up.

We got back home yesterday...been busy doing laundry, trying to catch up on sleep and even managed a torture session this morning. I'm pretty sure I'll regret it later. :scared:

The Killers concert was absolutely brilliant. The front man (with the added bonus of being flippin' gorgeous :rolleyes1 ) and the drummer alone have enough energy to light up a small city. They headlined at Lollapalooza which we missed this year... all worked out though. We got upgraded to club level at the Sheraton, pretty nice location within walking distance of the concert venue. Took Miss M to the beach a few times (she would have stayed ALL DAY), ate seafood as much as possible and had many wonderful meals and beer which I now need to work off. Glad to be home though!

In Disney news, just waiting to decide on what resort we want for our January stay. :confused3

Gah! So there was availability with free dining all day yesterday at CSR and I finally got a hold of my TA to book it and there was none left. She called twice and looked online and saw none. So now I think she thinks I just looked at rack rate rooms which there is plenty of everywhere. However, I am a merciless Disney site stalker and checked a billion times throughout the day so I know that I was definitely looking at the right thing. I used a TA this time because my in-laws are going with us and I'm not 100% confident in linking reservations and didn't want to screw anything up. Dang it!!!

emsmommy oh that is sad :sad1: I recently found out booking with a TA is not for me but unfortunately it cost me a friendship. When the RO discounts came out I changed resorts and booked myself in the middle if the night 3:30am as I was afraid if I waited the resort/room I wanted might not be available by time I contacted my TA friend. I wanted to keep an eye out if another room catagory became available that we were interested in so when it was suggested I transfer the new reservation to her and I declined telling her why she became upset and like yours she is leaving on vacation soon and If the deluxe room becomes available since there are only 10 I need to be able to swoop in fast and change my reservation.

Ack, that stinks! Keep looking, maybe it will pop up again? I know it is hard using a TA. I hate waiting for them to get on things. :headache:

jenny I've only used a TA 2x once transferring the trip I booked over to another TA friend and when we went to Vegas and DL and then only because My DS and Fiancé were offered a discount on their trip if anyone going to their wedding booked thru the same agency.

Never again I need to have control :rotfl2:

Picture of the day from CBR! Trinidad North:cool1:

trishadono Love that pic of CBR Beach

I want to be there!!! :beach:

Linda Me Too!

Alright, so s missed the CBR boat, frustrating but oh well. Then yesterday POR has RGR rooms, and I'm SO happy, I try to get a hold of her and by the time I do, again they are gone. :eek: So she left yesterday afternoon for her Disney trip and said just book it if it comes available again and I'll cancel the other ones. Well guess what was available this morning? Garden View POR rooms! :cool1: I booked two rooms and I am SO happy!!! The great room changing ordeal is over and I have what I REALLY wanted to start with!!! :cheer2:

emsmommy Fantastic!

Christine :wave:

Jeanette I left a job once to take another hours were great 7-3:30 basically same as Bob's so we could ride in together as the new job was right across the street from his.

Well they pulled a fast one on me another worker took the 7-3:30 and I was stuck taking the 10-4 shift meaning I had to walk to work and PT hours so I can understand your hesitation. Like you said too bad we do not have a crystal ball. :hug:

:hug: PAS.....
Do you know what pulls me over to thinking this might just be a wonderful change for you??? The fact that your hospital has become a place of discontention, and unhappiness when you go to work -- stress and worry is never good for anyone! And the true clincher/reason I think it's a great opportunity -- More time with your precious family!! THAT's PRICELESS!!! if you can get that AND better pay, it's win/win I say :) I hope it all works out for you! Fingers and toes crossed :flower3:

Hi Amanda! :yay: Congrats!! LOVE POR!! Stayed in a GV room in January and my DD and I were in a Pref AB room just two weeks ago...sigh, wish I were back there. Welcome to our RC home! P.S. post your dates and let me know if you would like to be added to Post #2 of the thread. :)

Sure! We're going from 11/16-11/23. So excited! My daughter will turn 10 while we're down there so that's super special AND we are attending the MVMCP. My 6 (soon to be 7) yr old son is a total Christmas FREAK so he is going to love, love, love it! Also, our in laws will be travelling with us (we get along very well!) so dh and I can go steal some time away to enjoy Disney for ourselves! Yay! Can't wait for this trip!

I've only used a TA 2x once transferring the trip I booked over to another TA friend and when we went to Vegas and DL and then only because My DS and Fiancé were offered a discount on their trip if anyone going to their wedding booked thru the same agency.

Never again I need to have control :rotfl2:

You sounds like me!! That is exactly why I won't try a TA...I am afraid of losing control. :lmao:

However, I wish I could find a really good deal to stay at the WL in December of next year along with going in September. :surfweb:

We love going the 1st week in September but I really want to get back sometime during December to enjoy the decorations!! :cloud9:

Sure! We're going from 11/16-11/23. So excited! My daughter will turn 10 while we're down there so that's super special AND we are attending the MVMCP. My 6 (soon to be 7) yr old son is a total Christmas FREAK so he is going to love, love, love it! Also, our in laws will be travelling with us (we get along very well!) so dh and I can go steal some time away to enjoy Disney for ourselves! Yay! Can't wait for this trip!

You all will have such a great time!!! I think POFQ was a great choice!! :woohoo: Were you still able to get FD?

Just a quick stop in to say hello. I was going to try and catch up, but I am just so tired. We had a house full of grumpy kids, and one baby there was just no pleasing.

The DH and I were able to schedule FP+ last night for our trip. I'm not counting on us actually being able to use them, as I had read on the September FB group that people have had it glitch in their MDE to let them schedule them and then be told my a CM that it was just a glitch that let them make them when they shouldn't have been able to. If we don't get to use them, we're totally fine with that. We just had fun playing around with making them. The DH is actually getting excited about going to WDW, which is why we spent a little over an hour making scheduling them, and we didn't even start until just after midnight. When I wake up in the morning, we will be 21 days out from our trip. Saturday is media day at football camp, which is just their way of saying "picture day". I can't wait!! I'll post pics of my handsome Moose when we get back.

Well me being exhausted has me all "blah, blah, blah", so I'll just log and get to sleep.

Nighty night, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Aw get some sleep Wookie, I too am exhausted, just home from work. Wanted to say hi, and sorry for falling behind again. :headache: can anyone do me a favour and check and see if any new AP rates are out? Nov 17-23. I heard they are only out for sept.

Hugs all around

Jen

Aw get some sleep Wookie, I too am exhausted, just home from work. Wanted to say hi, and sorry for falling behind again. :headache: can anyone do me a favour and check and see if any new AP rates are out? Nov 17-23. I heard they are only out for sept.

Hugs all around

Jen

Thank you, you too.

I was headed to bed when I noticed a new post on the September FB group. After following advice in it, we were able to customize our Magic Bands. Mine will be green, David (DH)'s orange, Joey's blue, JM's red.

Hugs all around

Jen

AP rates still only through Sept 26 :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You sounds like me!! That is exactly why I won't try a TA...I am afraid of losing control. :lmao:

However, I wish I could find a really good deal to stay at the WL in December of next year along with going in September. :surfweb:

We love going the 1st week in September but I really want to get back sometime during December to enjoy the decorations!! :cloud9:

You all will have such a great time!!! I think POFQ was a great choice!! :woohoo: Were you still able to get FD?

We're actually at POR and yes, we got free dining! Soooo happy! We were just going to stay at POP and upgrade the dining but now staying at POR with regular dining is only a $20 difference! Yay!

emsmommy323 said:
We're actually at POR and yes, we got free dining! Soooo happy! We were just going to stay at POP and upgrade the dining but now staying at POR with regular dining is only a $20 difference! Yay!

That's awesome!!!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!! I don't know about anyone else but I'm ready for the weekend!!!! With just 3 wks and 2 days until vacation starts, I'm having a difficult time focusing, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Actually, that would be 2 wks and 2 days until vacation starts, YAY!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter