Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Good morning! Woke up this morning .... 3 pages to read!!! :scared1:

Off to book airfare, call DVC member services to change my trip ....

Back later .... hugs to all ....:grouphug:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Candace - Eeek! Bedbugs - how dreadful. That would make anyone have hightmares!

Hi Heather, looks beautiful (and delicious!). Have a lovely time!

Hi Melissa! Men! :rolleyes: Sounds like mine!

Men! :rolleyes: :lmao:

Hi Jeanette! Well, as I explained to my husband this morning, since we are going to have annual passes ANYWAY, it just makes sense to go. It's really practically free! We have the DVC anyway and we have to use the points, and his dad offered us his airmiles. ;) And, we should book next year's trip before the Annual pass expires so we are going to do a week next year for the Tower of Terror run. Plus we had such an awful year last year and didn't go at all. But then that will be it for quite a while. :lmao:

Good choice! And jealous of the GF! We went late August two years ago and the crowds were non-exsistent. What is RPC anyway?

4. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

ANOTHER cliffhanger!!! :upsidedow
    RPC Royal Palm Club..Grand Floridian Main building Concierge pixiedust:

One of our RCers Amanda had a bad week last Tower of Terror marathon :crazy2: Annual passes DVC and airmiles....why NOT go :cheer2:

5. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Oh no! What happened???

6. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Oh, Noooooo! What happened with the Tot marathon? :guilty:

LOLing at the DVD and airmiles!

7. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

And if the RPC decides to rehab when we're there, they can just get our deluxe QUEEN room ready and then carry on.

Dang, I sound like Jeanette or something. hehehehehe...... :angel:

(or better yet, bump us up to a suite)

8. Grumpy Grandma

Flights booked!!! Now to call member services! :cool1:

9. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Too bad we're not going later this year...southwest has fares for $200 round trip! Half the cost of driving...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. Grumpy Grandma

Janet please cancel my Oct/Nov trip on the list. And please add the following:

Sept 5th-12th AKV Jambo
    Sept 12th-19th OKW

So now whatever dates DS picks for the wedding I'm good. :thumbsup2

11. pas130

Here's the link to her TR, in progress (she's been MIA so I pray all is well with her and her family) It was a combo of weather, illness, and such...
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006492

I always say I'd take a broom closet at RPC over ANY ROOM ANYWHERE ;) And you do sound like me :hug:

:teacher: A change in the works....or a minitrip

:dance3: The crowds will be low, great pool weather !!!

12. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Yaaaaaawn. Oh my. That was an epic journey (not my MOST epic but ranks right up there.)

Our flight was supposed to leave at 8:50. First delay was 10 minutes then pushed back to 9:30, then again. Then we were told we could go back and get our luggage at baggage claim and recheck if we needed to; 5 minutes later, they said we were cleared to leave! :eek: (All those people who left to get stuff from their luggage?!) We board the plane and sit around while they try to find the missing folks who went off for their luggage. :rolleyes: Finally up in the air and get the monster to admit she's tired and get her to go to sleep -- after thoroughly reading the safety card. :lmao: (She was never a "fall asleep at random" child.) The flight attendant said that was the first time a safety card's ever been read. :rotfl:

We were up in the air for what seemed like ages (yapping non-stop about Disney :goodvibes ) when hubbo checks the flight tracker. We were JUST passing Atlanta?! Then we had to circle St. Louis multiple times because the storms were close to our left and another storm moving through Chicago meant we weren't cleared to head into Chicago yet. Another half-hour of circling and the pilot came on and said they were heading toward Chicago but may have to return to St. Louis to refuel if the storm hadn't moved out. This time, we skirted the storms quite closely. (Back in my young and crazy days of being in love and our long-distance relationship, I was flying out from Baltimore to Chicago in a similar situation although that time we were a bit too close to the storms and lightning struck our wing. Guess I'm old-hat at this now? :upsidedow ) Our pilots were total ROCK STARS: Cat-and-mouse with the storms and probably traffic control, coupled with the smoothest landing we've ever had at Midway. :cheer2: We got in shortly before 1 a.m.

When we got off the plane, there were crowds of people waiting to welcome home Honor Flight (WWII Veterans) folks who had been delayed from a visit to D.C. Bands played, people cheered. It was very sweet.

All the havoc from the storms totally confused the ground staff at Midway so no one knew what was going on with the luggage. After waiting around for an hour, we got our bags and had an interesting cab ride home -- the guy was FALLING ASLEEP! :scared: Never again. :mad: We'll drive to the airport from now on.

Shew. Shame we didn't book an earlier flight yesterday, it would've been canceled and we could've gone BACK to Disney. :thumbsup2

Gotta go get cleaned up and buy some food for this bachelor's pad of a house! Back later. :grouphug:

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Wow! That does sound like quite the adventure. Glad you made it home all in one peice!!! :goodvibes

14. pas130

Glad you're home safe miss :hug: Thank goodness for awesome pilots!!!:worship:

15. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Miss: So glad you made it home safe and sound! Sounds like kind of a nerve wracking journey!!:crazy2: I get nervous flying, so I would not have been good in that situation! Will we get a mini TR??:coffee:

Jeanette: Thanks for starting up this new meeting place for us all! So you are calling tomorrow to check on RPC?? Or did you do it already!!:rotfl: I am wondering about Amanda too.:worried:

DznyCrzy: I was apprehensive about going to BC too, as we also love the Poly, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it there! Good luck with your decision!:goodvibes

Linda: Sounds like a nice 2 week trip in September! Yay!:cool1:

Alysa: I love your logic in regards to more trips and AP's! I will be using similar logic on DH, minus the DVC though!

Janet: Thanks for all your hard work here too!:goodvibes

Kook: I love that orange bird pic, our new antenna topper is the Orange Bird too!!

Ginny: Where are you staying now??? I am lost!:lmao:

Candace: Sorry you had some wacky dreams! So August is it? I understand the finances thing. We totally have blown our budget already for this month with some unexpected things too.:drive:

Well, hope everyone is having a lovely day....hi Septembergirl, Koh, Melissa, Iheart, SueM, Magic, Sheila, Willow, and all the other newcomers!!

Jen:wave2:

16. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Ugh! Poor thing - I just read her report while the baby had his nap. When you look forward to these trips so much to spend time with your favourite people it is so hard when things don't go the way you hoped.

What a scary ride. Glad you are okay!

It all works! One year, three trips, practically free! ;)

17. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

Thanks! I will be sure to report back on CR CL :thumbsup2

Oooh. Stick w/ Poly :beach:

:rotfl2: you are so funny!

18. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Miss, thank goodness you are home safe after those scary adventures :hug: btw...Miss M and I would make a pair sharing those safety instructions ....:goodvibes

You're "in"!! :) btw, my vote would be the Poly!!

Pas, Pas....is this HRH approved?? :goodvibes

Alysa... :rotfl2: pretty soon in this Disney Math they will be "paying" you too go! :laughing: :goodvibes whatever works getting back to the Mouse quicker is good :thumbsup2

::yes:: Fingers crossed for a suite!

:woohoo: Nice Linda! Happy you got in at AKV!

thanks for the reminder Pas... was wondering where a few of our long time RCers were....

Perfect! :thumbsup2

Nope... haven't... Agree with you though on the prices being outrageous... Philadelphia is ridiculous as well.

LuLu'sMom, so happy you had a great trip in April!! I would love to stay at the Poly... it is Sam's favorite place... we love Ohana's (dinner and breakfast)...

19. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

That's exactly what we ended up doing. I changed the ADR for RR to 1:15. This way it'll give us a little wiggle room and we aren't stressing about not making it on time. Once we're done eating, we'll just head to the MK. If I'm thinking right, we'll have to go to a resort first, right? I didn't think they had buses at DtD that go to the parks, but I could be wrong.

Happy 32nd anniversary!!

My problem is all the samples, and then if I liked the sample, I want to buy it.

Happy early 11th anniversary!! The DH and I have been together 19 years as well, and July 1st will be our 18th wedding anniversary.

That looks like a perfect spot to just sit and chill.

Have fun with the dolphins!!

I know, right? The DH set my alarm for 12:30 and I didn't wake up until it went off. As soon as I got up, I checked my Farmville, did a little school work. By the time I got here, it had gone from page 3 to 7 since I was on last.

I'm glad y'all made it home safely.

Well I'm going to get back to school work.

20. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Glad you made it home!!! :-) welcome back to this crazy weather we like to call summer in Illinois!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

HELLO!! Kids are tired from our pool playdate, so a perfect time to catch up on the Dis :thumbsup2

First and foremost :thanks: Jeanette for our new thread :dance3: And thank you Janet for keeping up with all of our ever changing resort plans :lmao:

Miss - glad you made it back safe and sound!!!! I like the change to BWV for F&W, makes sense :thumbsup2

Linda - good thinking on the Sep trip instead of of Oct/Nov ::yes::

Alysa - Oh I like the plans for the upcoming trips, totally makes sense if you have the DVC points, APs, and miles :upsidedow

DznyCrzy - if it werent for my kids, I would stay at YC every time! I really cant explain what the draw is for me at the Epcot resorts, I just love it! If you have the itch, go for it :thumbsup2

Candace - I think the move to August makes sense given the circumstances. And as for DH and the Sept trip :rotfl2: Happy early anniversary :goodvibes

TaraPA - I dont know of a car service for Sanford, but it is pretty far from WDW and the transp fee could be pretty high. I hope it all works out :goodvibes

LuLu'sMom - 2 days.....:dance3:

SueM - Happy Anniversary (a day late) :goodvibes

Ginny - waiting to hear what you have done popcorn::

Heather - loving the pics, especially all the drinks :p Glad to hear you are having a great time!!

Willows909 - I dozed in and out during the second and third OT, it was brutal, bummer loss :sad2:

Jen - Hi my friend :hug:

I know I am missing so many, just having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So :wave2: and :grouphug: to everyone I missed and a big :welcome: to all the new comers!

Melissa