Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hehehe. I did just send an email to my TA to have him check on things for me...if it's more than $100 difference, then I will say no...I'd much rather have an extra day at Disney. :-) But otherwise...it's a possibility...?? Maybe? It would mean 1 less day though...(basically our originally planned trip length) andI'd have to change some ADRs...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

I missed the "per person" bit... in true RCing style, eh? Do you save anything with BWI over BC?

Koh: You can always have the entire scenario planned out including costs! Might be easier to present your case if it comes back as something "doable."

4. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

I really want to see that.

WOO HOO!! Marching band was so much fun!! It's the one thing, that if I could go back in time to do high school again, that would make me want to. It's been almost 20 years since I marched and when I'm walking with someone, I still end up making sure we're walking on the same feet. It's odd how that kind of stuff never leaves you.

I hate them as well. I'm glad she's feeling better.

We had a woods view when we stayed there. I would request something near the otter pond. We couldn't see the castle, but we could see the fireworks through the trees.

Sounds like a blast!!

:hug: Happy birthday to your DH!! That is another movie I really want to see. It looks really funny.

I'm glad it wasn't all bad news. Hopefully the therapy this Summer will help and he'll be able to achieve his goal.

Sending good thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust for your DS.

Congrats to your DH!! It's great when a company recognizes your hard work. I can't remember if you've said, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of nerd is he? Like the computer type, or science type? I love the nerdy type. I think one of the hottest men on the planet is Michio Kaku. I could sit and listen to that man talk about theoretical physics all day.

5. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

You're getting very CLOSE to OLCI! :woohoo:

I don't mind... you even mentioned the particular variety of nerd in your very post. :thumbsup2 He's a theorist. It's funny that you mention Kaku! My hubster's "brush with fame" came with the U.K.'s physics poster child, Brian Cox (kinda like their version of Michio Kaku). He hosts quite a bit of BBC science stuff, was in an episode of Doctor Who and various other geekster stuff. Basically, they love to roll him out when it's anything remotely physics/science related. Anywho, he and my hubs were the examiners together for a PhD student's thesis defense. I think I was more excited about it than he was. :rolleyes: He refused to ask Brian Cox for an autograph for me. :rotfl:

6. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Miss bob and I both fell in love with BWI :goodvibes In all honesty I keep thinking of changing my Poly Reservation to BWI that is how much we love it there.

Congrates on DH Promotion!:banana:

7. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

chimo: Thinking of you and hubs and DS. Take good care. :hug:

sjs314: Duh, I see that now you are not at BWI!!!! I am tooooo overwhelmed with so many fine RCers plans (forget your real names, I'll never remember so I stick with monikers) and so little time lately. Thinking of you and Bob, though, and your POLY trip! There I got it right and all is right again with the world now that I know you aren't changing. :rotfl:

DetTigGal: Enjoy the Magic! :woohoo:

jennyjinx: Congrats to DH! "GOOD" rocks! :cool1:

Miss, wookie, and Koh1977: Hey! :3dglasses My SIL/BIL were part founders of Giordano's. Tasty stuff. They got out years ago. Needless to say, they are the "rich ones" of the family. :rotfl2: My other SIL still works at HQ. :thumbsup2 She used to send us free coupons til that nasty bankruptcy thing. It was real estate caused, not tasty pizza caused. :rolleyes:

Calling all RCers: For those that frequent the OTHER cross-town resort, would you be so kind as to give me Universal Resort help????? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Do any of you like RPR? If so, why? And if you like another Resort better, which one? Any help at all is much appreciated. I am thinking of scrapping my Poly CL for July and taking DB to Universal. Thanks. :goodvibes

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

O.M.G!. I am soooooo behind.....:faint:

Been super busy with work, the kids, etc....BUT, I am officially on vacation now until July 8th! :dance3:

It's a staycation and we are doing stuff in our great state of NH (and also Maine)!

I am still torn about what to book for August when the time comes. It's between CR CL and Poly CL, but you know, with the construction stuff....CR is winning. :cutie:

I am 99% sure that the military discount will be renewed and that should be announced shortly after the new rates come out according to my sources. :goodvibes

Then I may change my Sept. trip to POFQ instead of POP. :confused3
    My poor little Sept trip....it's pretty much 6 days of unplanned chaos :rotfl: literally, BFF and I made 1 ADR and just going to go with the flow. We are both sooo focused on next August....yeah, they will return next year as well!!! :banana:

Jen we have absolutely no complaints about the values. We had all good experiences. We strongly disliked CBR though. :headache:

Miss congrats on hubby's promotion!!! That's great!!! :banana:

Marie Thinking of you! Hoping things are getting better!!

I hope all of you are well! I am going to POP open a Yeungling! :drinking1

9. sjs314

MAGIC :wave: No changes yet but I am worried they are going to start the DVC construction before My stay which might change everything, who knows? :confused3

10. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

You know..funny thing about SAB..I totally changed to WL like in a moment! I just had this gut feeling that SAB might not be what I want to do in July being so spread out..ya know? I'm totally happy..(hubby doesn't even know yet...he's been working so, so much!) Go for it!! You only live once..and as my mom has always said " a year from now you'll never know the difference!".... :)

DetTigGal.....Glad you are having fun!!!:)

Missoutandabout...Woo hoo for hubby!! Awesome!

Chimo2u....Will continue to pray for you both!

Need to catch up some more!

So anyone here in the know about Woods View room requests? What should I do? Upgrade to courtyard view?? So many decisions, so little time!

11. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

I was quite shocked that WL had rooms with the discount still available in all categories! Isn't that amazing??:cool1: You never know...unless you call.....:rotfl:

12. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

I gotcha! Hey, which Universal Resort do you like? And why?

13. sjs314

I am dying to stay at Portofino Bay a water view room. Fantastic View and from what I know you can take a boat to the theme Park :goodvibes

14. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Letthewookiewin.....I just requested Otter pond...thankyou!! Can't wait!!:cool1:

15. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hmmm...should I be worried?? I know you weren't in the pirate rooms and I'm thinking they're in a bit better shape...so what did you really not like about it?

How was the pool? Food court? Mousekeeping?

16. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

My TA is checking for me!! :-) so we will see...DS said he wanted to stay in the hotel with Chef Mickey's and a pirate room...and it'd be 2 more resorts I could knock off the list! ;-)

17. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hmmm...he said we'd have to shorten the original package and book the last half as a new package (with rack rate pricing??). Would that be true...? Or would I be able to get the discounted rate if there's still something available? (The deadline to book those discounted dates was about a week ago)

18. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

It just was not for us. Too big and spread out, especially with small kids. The multiple bus stops internally really took their toll (and we don't mind the buses). We did not like the food court at all, and we did have some mousekeeping (or maintenance?) issues.....whoever is supposed to take care of mold did NOT do their job!

Can't comment on the pool as we were there in Feb and it was too cold to use it but it looked nice. Again, the resort was just not for us and we would choose a value over CBR any day, but a lot of people love it!

Sorry, just being honest. :duck:

19. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

No need to be sorry!! :-). I'm just hoping we don't hate it!! :-)

20. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Ummm...so if the original package was booked through a TA, could I call to ask questions and price out something?? I am questioning my TA's math...or rather, I don't know that he actually called and talked to anyone, just priced it out on the website...

21. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

$1000 more? I think not...but I'm not sure that's really what it would be...