Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Hello ladies. :grouphug: Busy and quiet, you lot. :goodvibes

I should pick some up! I remember bathing in the exact same thing when I got chicken pox. So far I've been using Cetaphil in the bath, Caladryl after and giving her a dose of Benadryl at night. She's red and blotchy all over still. It's starting to get better but very slowly. :upsidedow

I'm too p**ped to pop. (Not sure if they mod that word or not.) I need an intervention -- if someone doesn't get these, as I like to call them, "Mega Uber Snowcaps" away from me I'm going to eat the entire container. (They're from TJ's; 73% dark Belgian chocolate. Oh. So. Flippin'. Good. :lovestruc )

Only thing remotely not-boring to share besides my love of TJ's chocolate, we decided to grill last night and consulted with the radar first because it was due to storm. The thunderstorms were two huuuuuuge midwest-sized counties away so what the hey, right? Before I started the grill, I was hearing warning sirens way off in the distance -- but the sky was bright? :confused3 (Discovered afterward that Fermilab runs their sirens during Tstorm warnings, not just when a tornado has been sighted.) Storms two counties away, we're good. Got the coals nice and hot, threw the food on: mushrooms, burgers, hotdogs, mini Yukon potatoes. Flipped the burgers once. Just then, I heard thunder; I turned around to see a sky which went from sunny-happy-land to doing its finest "Coming Apocalypse" impression. I can only imagine how frantically DUMB both my husband and I looked as we rushed to get the food off the grill into the dish as golf-ball sized rain drops started pelting us from above. :rolleyes: The wind was unbelievable. I've learned two things in our grilling adventures: 1) Do not grill unless the leading edge of the storm is only just at the state-border between IL and Iowa. 2) If you attempt to grill during a stormy cataclysm, watching someone remove mushrooms from the grill with a spatula instead of tongs is very funny, indeed. :rotfl2:

I think you both need hugs :grouphug: Hope things improve more soon!

That is one scary sounding storm!! Poor Calgary is awful flooded! It's the next province over. All we on the west coast have to worry about is earthquakes :scared1:

Hi ladies....sorry I have been MIA too. My heart just hasn't been in it lately, not sure why.:confused3 But I am here now!

Miss: what a funny picture you painted! But it sounds like a real feast you were having! So sorry to hear about Miss M's rash and itchiness. It is so darn frustrating for them. I second the Aveeno.

Wookie: Look at you posting the map! Do we have our RC version of Robo over here???:thumbsup2

SueM: You sound like the split stay pro! I will be coming to you with questions if we ever do it!

The storms and rain have been bad here too. We got a torrential downpour this morning that woke all the DD's up and had them staring out the window. It was brief but did a number on the town's sports fields.:sad2: DH had to close a few fields tonight so some ball groups couldn't get on them. He is now dealing with multiple emails from disgruntled people ragging on the municipality for the weather. Poor guy, he is so stressed about his job right now, middle management. It is hard, but he does such a good job and I am trying my best to keep his spirits up.

DD4 has had a fever for 2 days now, trying to wean her off the ibuprofen. :guilty:Tomorrow is her last day of school, she needs to be there to say goodbye to everyone.

Waving hi to all....hope you are all well.:hug:

Jen

Miss: You have given me my belly laugh for the night with that picture!! Thank you so much....I need that!!:lmao: The look on her face is priceless!

So does anybody know what happens when you book a discounted package and then make changes later (after the discounted booking is over)? Say for instance I'd want to move the last couple of nights to a different hotel...would BOTH reservations have to be rebooked at rack rate? Or would my current resort still be discounted and the other changed resort would be rack rate as of now?

Exactly. Get going early morning to check in at AKL & pick up your kttw cards, etc. I've done it several times. I like early check in anyways. Less or no lines.
This trip we are staying first night at Pop, but toying with AoA little mermaid room. But like you for 1 night don't know if it's worth it :confused3. Still may chchchange :goodvibes

Well I showed JM pictures and he likes the look of the ASMovies.

Wookie: Look at you posting the map! Do we have our RC version of Robo over here???:thumbsup2

It's funny you say that, because when I was making it I was thinking that I was channeling my inner Robo.

The storms and rain have been bad here too. We got a torrential downpour this morning that woke all the DD's up and had them staring out the window. It was brief but did a number on the town's sports fields.:sad2: DH had to close a few fields tonight so some ball groups couldn't get on them. He is now dealing with multiple emails from disgruntled people ragging on the municipality for the weather. Poor guy, he is so stressed about his job right now, middle management. It is hard, but he does such a good job and I am trying my best to keep his spirits up.

I'm sorry he's having so much trouble at work. If it would make your DH's job easier, you can send the rain to me, I'll take it.

DD4 has had a fever for 2 days now, trying to wean her off the ibuprofen. :guilty:Tomorrow is her last day of school, she needs to be there to say goodbye to everyone.

Waving hi to all....hope you are all well.:hug:

Jen

I hope she gets to feeling better soon!!

Well the new shower finally got finished today about 1:30 PM. He said we can't use it for 24 hours, and can't put anything on the shelves for 5 days. Since the bathtub in the inlaws master's bathroom has recracked, we don't have a working shower in this house until 1:30 PM tomorrow. I swear as soon as the clock in my room ticks to 1:31 PM, I'm heading for that shower.

So does anybody know what happens when you book a discounted package and then make changes later (after the discounted booking is over)? Say for instance I'd want to move the last couple of nights to a different hotel...would BOTH reservations have to be rebooked at rack rate? Or would my current resort still be discounted and the other changed resort would be rack rate as of now?

You can modify reservations even if a promo has ended, as long as there is availability at the resort you want to switch to but usually you will need to speak with guest services

They will just modify unless the resort/s have no availability then you would have to pay rack or any current promo that might be out there for your dates.

Good Morning All! :wave2:

A quick hello then I need to do a little catching up ;) Can't believe I slept until almost 7:30am :upsidedow Hubby woke me up when he was getting ready to leave for work. Not like me to sleep the day away :laughing:

Just a little Disney cheer for my RC friends:goodvibes Missing the World really, really, really bad this morning. And look at my dreadful ticker!!! :sad2:

Back to catching up!
Heather

I'm not caught up either, but just caught this and now I'm:cloud9: - thank you!

See...just another reason to love the MK resort area:thumbsup2 :laughing: BLT is looking really good right now :rolleyes1

Has anyone seen Man of Steel??? Thinking I might take the kids to see it in the IMAX.

Good Morning All! :wave2:

A quick hello then I need to do a little catching up ;) Can't believe I slept until almost 7:30am :upsidedow Hubby woke me up when he was getting ready to leave for work. Not like me to sleep the day away :laughing:

Just a little Disney cheer for my RC friends:goodvibes Missing the World really, really, really bad this morning. And look at my dreadful ticker!!! :sad2:

Back to catching up!
Heather

I sooo want to be there!!!! Well, not in this heat, but once it cools down :goodvibes

Wishing everyone a great day!!

:grouphug:
Melissa

A Quick hello to all my friends! :) I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting to see the surgeon with DH - it's the big follow up apt today to see how the bone graft is progressing! Fingers crossed for him.

Sue - we're in Edmonton, and our sump pump is in overdrive the last couple days! What devastation in Calgary, so sad. I'm amazed they'll be going ahead with the stampede! What a fighting spirit calgary is showing :)

I laughed out loud at your grilling escapade Erica! How funny!!!! :)

Step away from the computer, Krystal...(yes I'm talking to myself). I was just looking into prices for the last half of our trip at Contemporary...I know DH said no split stay, but since we're not staying in a hotel on the way down... Yes, I have issues!! :-)

A Quick hello to all my friends! :) I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting to see the surgeon with DH - it's the big follow up apt today to see how the bone graft is progressing! Fingers crossed for him.

Sue - we're in Edmonton, and our sump pump is in overdrive the last couple days! What devastation in Calgary, so sad. I'm amazed they'll be going ahead with the stampede! What a fighting spirit calgary is showing :)

Fingers crossed you get good news!

Has anyone seen Man of Steel??? Thinking I might take the kids to see it in the IMAX.

We saw it opening weekend. Everyone in my family really liked it. Even John Michael, who didn't want to see it "because he hates Superman". The soundtrack was really good.

Sending prayers, good thoughts, pixie dust, and everything crossed that I can cross for good news from the doctor.

Hi Peeps!! :wave2:

Well it's been a heck of a week so far... busy, hectic and at times stressful, and that has left little time for the DIS. :(

Hope you all been well, and actively thinking, planning, scheming and cha-cha-changing away!! :goodvibes

We did see Monsters University over the weekend and LOVED it!! :cheer2:

Hope to get caught up in the next day or two. Miss you all! :hug:

A few quick responses...

Marie, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for receiving good news for DH's bone graft :hug:

Kor, have you brainstormed on that pirate map yet and clues? Oh I so love to do this sort of thing! pirate: (but I think I read some mental RCing.....the CR??)

Heather love the pix!!! Not just the subject but the beautiful way you have enchancing each pix! :thumbsup2

Jen, :hug: do so hope that DD's fever is gone and that she has able to go to school today. Those last days and goodbyes are so important for the little ones!

well i had managed to quote myself, so now I have an open post to fill! :laughing:

Hoping all my Peeps had a lovely weekend!!

Pas and Dani :hug:

DetTigGal... you are in the World!! Isn't life Grand?? :woohoo:

Welcome back Lulu'sMom :hug: .. hoping you had a wonderful, magical vacation!! :hug:

Melissa, know you were struggling with a summer cold.. hopefully you are feeling much better....:hug:

Oh, news from me... my Sam joined the marching band :yay: We are thrilled!! A great connection going over to the high school! The music program is highly regarded, and I know she will make some great friends. :)

This week... mini band camp ... hot and humid....yikes! She's been holding up fairly well (must be all her YMCA training :goodvibes) ::yes::

well i had managed to quote myself, so now I have an open post to fill! :laughing:

Hoping all my Peeps had a lovely weekend!!

Oh, news from me... my Sam joined the marching band :yay: We are thrilled!! A great connection going over to the high school! The music program is highly regarded, and I know she will make some great friends. :)

This week... mini band camp ... hot and humid....yikes! She's been holding up fairly well (must be all her YMCA training :goodvibes) ::yes::
Give a big LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT to our gal Sam (and a cold bottle of water). Sorry that you've had a challenging week. Speaking of which, how is our fearless Changer in Chief? I hope she's just been busy working and all is well. Big hugs to you both.

When we do split stays I like to do early check in too, for one thing it's less lines, if any. I use a cab to take us & luggage to new resort. They have taxi vans to accommodate luggage if you think you have more then what will fit in a sedan, same price, just request that if you need it.
I like having my luggage there for when room is ready.

:wave2:
This seems like a plan!:)

I just got home...ugh. Work, grocery shopping, target and laundry when I got home....long, long, day...I'm going to catch up reading now! 8 days!!:goodvibes So ready!

Janet -- DH has DS working in a workbook to make sure he's ready for 1st grade (and doesn't forget everything!) and so he promised him an extra special surprise when he finishes it. Which he said was Disney...SO I'm thinking maybe after he completes it, he'll get the clues that lead him to the hidden letters DISNEY. Then with the last letter he gets the map which will have the treasure marked (bag with all the goodies?).

Thoughts?

RE: my mental RCing earlier...I'd love to do a split stay with the CR, BUT I also like the schedule we have right now, and it's only available through 8/8 NOT 8/9.

So......I just switched resorts....:rotfl2: This trip better hurry up...I've done a whole lot of resort hopping and I'm not even there!!!

Koh1977...Yup loving that idea! You guys are all so creative...me..not so much.

Both my kids were in band in high school...my son did the marching thing! It was the best..especially all the parades.:)

DetTigGal...Hope you are having so much fun!!:yay:

Chimo2u ...hoping for good news for you!

hstrickland...What a beautiful photo! So beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter