Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

I totally agree with you all. Sigh. It really is a lot of money. I think my guy working 7 days a week for months...has addled my brain as well. You are all awesome. Thank you....:love: So, now I make the ch ch changes.....

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

oooo, or maybe you could book a fireworks cruise with the savings.

Oh! A thought! Oh, my brain is fried tonite...:rotfl2: And yeah, I thought it was crazy ( 5%) too....but that's what it was...SO not a bargain!! You know, until I actually got the paper reservation in the mail...it didn't hit me....that black and white...whoa..reality check!!

4. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

and the reality check just isn't fair. WDW should be about fantasy and not reality. After isn't call RealityLand. Continuing with that line of thinking, they should give the CL a 35% discount (but I'll settle if they give you a 30% one:lmao:).

Oh and we went and saw World War Z today. Usually, I'm not a big Brad Pitt fan, he's a little too "pretty" for me. However, in this movie he was HOT!! I just love a scruffy man!!
    ok, now must focus on my programming....must focus on my programming.....

5. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the giggle! He's never been all that for me either! But I would like to see that movie..
    So to top it all off...the Bruins lost...sigh! I need to call it a night! Thanks everyone for your ears....and I will be back tomorrow! :):)

6. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

It really was a good movie. I would really like to read the book now.

Well luckily, they still have two games in the series (I think if I read it right), so they can come back and win it.

7. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Really want to see World War Z but My step son is here from Nashville until July 9th & DH only sees him during his time in the summer so we went to see Monsters University instead..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

8. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I am all behind having not spent much time on the DIS yesterday so will attemp to catch up but when I saw your post I just had to comment.

Willows A couple of trips back I had CR TPV all booked was happier tan a pig in you know what until the room discounts came out, my TPV was not 30% off like most of the other resorts but only 5% Huh :confused3

So we moved over to BWI 30% off and $1000 less :yay:

I am another who feels CL is way too much $ if your just a party of 2, You can buy a lot of food for $900 :thumbsup2

9. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Thank you Sheila...

So....a very long story shortened as to not bore you all.....:banana::banana: (yes..2 banana hoppers!!)...this morning I had a lovely conversation with a supervisor at Disney and he made my day and fixed my issues! So...I am still at AKL and am staying there from 7//8 to 7/13. Coronado is gone (for that last night) and I have CL for the first 3 nites and pool view for the last two (at 30% off) My hubby was so disappointed with losing the Wanyama Safari and trying CL...(he works so, so hard) that this was a good solution and did save some $$ as well. I definitely feel I have "cemented" my place in the RC thread! :rotfl: Thank you all for your support! So we arrive on the 5th at BC...13 more days! :)

10. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun day! Glad your girl was okay in the heat!

Happy anniversary! Friends of ours have a wolfhound. Now we have a collie so he's not a small dog, but that wolfhound (Penny) is ginormous! She is taller than my 7 year old! :scared1: But she is beautiful and so gentle. I think it's always the big dogs who have the big hearts! :lovestruc

:rotfl: Did you enjoy the movie? It wasn't reviewed very well on my favourite website but then nothing ever is there.

11. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

:wave2:Hi everyone!

Just a quick drive-by :car:to throw some pixiedust y'alls way! pixiedust: Hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday! We were in the yard putting pinestraw in the flowerbeds and a downpour started....end of yard work for now!

Heather

12. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hi all! DH is home now, and I think I'm going to turn over kid duty to him tonight and lock myself in the office and get stuff done! :-)

Thinking about the "big reveal" for the kids...maybe a sort of treasure hunt type thing with clues, a day at a time, like a countdown of sorts with the big announcement at the end...? Maybe they find a letter at each spot with the next clue and they spell out Disney (not in order of course)...? So basically a week before we leave we'd start it? Or I could do Disney World?

13. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

How fun are you!!? That sounds awesome!:cheer2:

14. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Hi Krystal! Love your scavenger hunt idea! I was thinking of adding something like this to our big reveal next time.
    [​IMG]

15. TT4Dis

TT4Dis Mouseketeer

We had a downpour here too. We all were eating lunch at our parent's house, the rain started and my sister remembered she left the crib she failed to sell at our yard sale outside so we raced to her house to put it on the porch. So, she now has a crib on her porch instead of in the yard. Gotta love life in the south!

On a side note, I booked our room reservation today. I wasn't going to book until tomorrow because that is when I would be able to do the one night deposit for 2 deluxe rooms. But, long story short, I totally changed my mind and booked a LK suite at AoA instead of 2 deluxe rooms. I am saving $400 that way, and I realized I had lost focus. The type of room isn't that important to me. It is getting to take the kids to MNSSHP and the fun we will have. That is what's important to me. Plus, it doesn't hurt that $400 is a start of our September 2014 fund.

Even though I am set on my LK choice, I would like to stick around because 2014 is way up in the air :rotfl:

16. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hello my lovely ladies!

Sorry I have been lurking but not posting too much , super busy weekend here. Thinking of you all and hope you had a great weekend!!

Still at BC. :p

Jen

17. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Aahh...BC... :-) the only thing I'm worried about now is that we won't be too cramped and miss the extra room we had at the Poly and BC...I know AKL wouldn't have been any extra space really, but still...of course it doesn't matter because I'm not changing!! Too much invested in the whole pirate reveal thing! :-)

18. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Got this on EBay...couldn't resist. I've seen a pirate Minnie too the same size with a parrot on her shoulder that I thought about for DD...

[​IMG]

19. Alysa

Alysa DIS Veteran

Oh Krystal, I LOVE that!

20. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I'm always ready for a vacay :goodvibes

We stayed at AKL last August, 12 nights and did 6 nights pool view and 6 nights CL. But we had discounts on both. If you can't get a discount on CL, the pool view is nice too! Very pretty, and there are many viewing areas around of the savannas.

21. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:rotfl: that's right!! Repeat: I will not change!!!