Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Jeanette: :hug:

Just a heads up ladies, look for a PM soon, DH's video of our latest trip! Providing I can be technically challenged enough to remember how I did it last time! :rolleyes:

Our little Samwise ... 7 month old Labradoodle .... is really DHs service dog in training but when DH had to be gone for a week taking care of our best friend's unfriendly dog our little guy did fine with just me. I do try to spend lots of time with Samwise so that he knows he has two people. Get your DH out there walking .... good for both him and the pup! :thumbsup2

Thanks Linda, that is reassuring. I love labradoodles! I adore labs and had 2, but don't adore the shedding!! I had always thought my next dog would be a labradoodle but Sophie entered my life, and how can you say no to that face!! I guess things happen for a reason, and I was there to rescue Sophie!

Our little Samwise ... 7 month old Labradoodle .... is really DHs service dog in training but when DH had to be gone for a week taking care of our best friend's unfriendly dog our little guy did fine with just me. I do try to spend lots of time with Samwise so that he knows he has two people. Get your DH out there walking .... good for both him and the pup! :thumbsup2

Oh what a Darling!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. Poor you. :flower3:

She's just gorgeous!!

:yay:

He's been diagnosing himself online hasn't he. My DH does that. It alsways turns up he is suffering from Lupus or something. :rolleyes2 Hope he feels better soon!

Thank you. :goodvibes

Sounds like an amazing time.

She is beautiful!!

I think the drinking age here is too high. If you are mature enough at 18 to be able to enlist in the military, then you should be able to legally drink alcohol....unless your my son. Then even 21 is too young. :lmao:

WOOT!! :banana::banana:

In 78 days, we start our drive towards WDW and we check into the AKL in 80 days.

:love: Your killing me, you resort tease:lmao:
**chants inside head** will not change to the WL......will not change to the WL**

I hope you can get him to the neurologist. :hug:

I ended up being a good girl and didn't go back to the B&BW website. I didn't feel like the DH being a butt about me spending money, when I promised I wouldn't so we have more money to save for WDW.

Is it 18 in the UK?

I loved my Ford Explorer and really didn't want to trade it in. It's just it was at the point where it needed so much work that my fil said the amount of work it needed was way more than it was worth and suggested us trading it in. I got a Dodge Grand Caravan. Which I really didn't like, and only got it because the boys liked the DVD player in it. It was the same color of blue that Sally in Cars was, so I named it Sally. Less than a year later, I traded that van in on the current van I have. When I left the Ford Explorer with the dealership, I felt like I was leaving one of my kids with strangers. I didn't have the same problem with the Grand Caravan.

Nothing new here. I think I am going to try and convince the DH to not stay at the Swan. If they would transport our luggage for us, the extra money would be almost worth the stay. It's just that we may not check in until close to midnight and will be checking out (hopefully) no later than 10 AM. I just hate paying $209 (+ tax) for a room we are going to spend that little time in, when we can get a cheaper one.
Thanks! Sophie is getting very fashionable! With her new leash, sweater and pink rain slicker!

It is strange that in the US the drinking age is 21 when you can get drafted at 18, so your old enough to be sent to war, but not have a beer :confused3
And do they ever go overboard on checking ID!! My daughters couldn't stop laughing :rotfl2: when we were in a Florida liquor store and clerk asked me for ID. :faint:

:scratchin very good question! A bit of red wine, some sort of Mexican beer, a Mango Tango, and....hmmm...the lime drink - not sure. The waiter brought it...I drank it. End of story :teeth:

Ok...being nosey here, Jenn....I can do that, right? :rolleyes1 Why POR over BC???? Just curious.

Yours???!! Take a gander at mine!!! :scared:

If you don't mind...could you make plans for BWI in January? :confused3Then give me a full report. Just want to be sure I'm making the right choice :teeth: I'm having major second thoughts!!!!

Don't rub it in....we'll be back in....I can barely say the word.....SCHOOL!

Wise advice! :thumbsup2

Got it!!! Thanks a million! It will be in the TR for sure ;)

Alysa....:wave: Don't feel bad about being behind....I'm usually MIA while school is in....when there's a holiday or schools out, I sneak back :tiptoe:

Now Heather, you know you are just not allowed to say that word till afterI'm back you know where :sad: which isn't till after Labour Day ::yes::

Hello everyone!:)....I miss so many posts doing this working thing...ugh!

SueM...beautiful furry baby!! Could fall in love with those eyes!:love: Sorry about your knee...sometimes it's just one thing afta another!:rolleyes2

Jennyjinx...Glad she had a great birthday! Boston is one awesome place..I know of what I speak having spent many enjoyable times there! You are going to have so much fun! Legal Seafood gets my vote!

sjs314...Definitely sounds like depression...so sorry! Hang in there...it's such a difficult situation for all of you!

Koh1977...oooh wine...chick flick...loving it! :)

WDWKook...Welcome home and let the new countdown begin!! I'm 15 days away!! :goodvibes

I'm sure I missed stuff! Trying to get better at this! I read everything I missed and it was a lot...ugh Work is getting in my way! That GF pic is so, so beautiful...mmmm...I didn't look at GF...I guess I will have to think about that for the next time!:rotfl2: I'm at 15 days and counting! Very excited! I think I'll just stay with what I'm doing (not add another night), but I will monitor those flights and see if I can stay a bit longer on check out day!:rotfl: It never ends!! My flight is for 8:40 a.m. and that means 5 a.m. ME bus....ugh! I wanna come home later!! I did make a reservation for Cape May on the 9th and am thinking Captain's Grille ??? What do you all think? Is there another restaurant I should think about for dinner instead?
Thanks!!

Just waving hi to everyone. Woke up with a cold this morning and besides making the kids a gluten free pizza crust and a pot roast for dinner I didn't move from the couch :( will catch up when I'm feeling better.

Hope everyone is having a great day :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Feel better sooner!

Kook Welcome home, there's another RCer who is booked at OFC

This gal!!!!!:cool1:

dfarner:welcome: The Grand will be fabulous!!!

DetTigsGal:cool1: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!

MelissaGet well soon, only us busy mommas get those summer viruses :hug:

JenBeach Club is meant to be :thumbsup2

HeatherAnother FAB GF pic!!! I switched from BLT to GF GV..but that was SO 2 days ago :confused3

So as excited as we all were for PBH, I have an AP that expires in August...and I want WDW!!! 2014 Spring Break will be Universal. Since a split stay would be a lot of money for tickets....DH let me pick...and I picked WDW. Since he wanted a laid back resort, I picked WL, and I made him happy...:cool1:

SueThat furbaby is ADORABLE!!!!

Sheila:hug:

AND a HUGE :grouphug: to ALL!!!!!
Thanks, she is a little princess: lol.

Trying to catch up, but eyes are dropping :rolleyes: good night all

Happy Saturday Morning! :yay:

The house is super quiet....Jesse is with my aunt, Bill and Faith are at Hilton Head Island doin' a little fishing, and Stephen is asleep....oh the peace and quiet that fills the house :cloud9:.....

Of course it won't last long....yard work is calling my name today. Let me rephrase that....calling my name AND Stephen's name :teeth: He's excited about it, I'm sure.....

HeatherAnother FAB GF pic!!! I switched from BLT to GF GV..but that was SO 2 days ago

So as excited as we all were for PBH, I have an AP that expires in August...and I want WDW!!! 2014 Spring Break will be Universal. Since a split stay would be a lot of money for tickets....DH let me pick...and I picked WDW. Since he wanted a laid back resort, I picked WL, and I made him happy...

LOVE your new ticker!!!!!! Now just keep it!!!

I was the same way. Growing up, we went to WDW pretty much every year, sometimes twice each year, but we never stayed at a monorail resort, we visited them, but I always wanted to stay on the monorail line. Now my DH and I have stayed at the Poly 3 times now, going back in 76 days, no, I'm not counting, LOL. I had thought about staying at BC for this trip but I just can't bring myself to stay anywhere besides a monorail resort, especially the Poly, haha.

I'm sure you will love the GF!!

Hi everyone!! Welcome to Summer!!!

Count away!! I'm counting and I have almost an entire year :confused3 Glad to know you have the same addiction as me :thumbsup2

Morning everyone! Well...I've decided to add another night to our vacation for a better flight home the next day.....

Adding is always a beautiful thing!! It's what I do best when planning WDW trips :teeth: POFQ will be a bit smaller than the other resort...not sure if that matters or not. I've only visited POFQ and it seemed really nice...and quiet. Just my 2 cents....

My DS 21's GF is graduating tonight!!! ....

Marie

Congrats to your son, and you, also!!! Graduations are always very special.

You don't need to expand your horizons at all -- you just need a SPLIT! :rotfl: (Ending with the monorail resort of your choosing!) Would you guys be up for a split?

Well....we are doing a split. And we're kind of staying in the MK area :rolleyes1....Fort Wilderness Cabins again. See...I told you I have issues. Kids love, love, love them. And so do I, truth be known. Lots to do for everyone....swimming, the golf carts, biking, Chip n'Dale campfire, movie night, boating, archery, horseback riding, etc.

:rotfl2: You've got your very own non-creepy thread stalker! I've gotta head over to see this username.

:rotfl:He's not one that will be posting on a daily basis, or even weekly for that matter....so he's actually still kind of a stalker/lurker :laughing:

Hi y'all! Can't remember if I told y'all I changed from BWI to CR Tower Room? Then today I realized for an extra $29 we could do AKL CL (we are suckers for CL) but decided to stay at CR, b/c we love being on the monorail line & love the MK area..

I hear ya!!! Good decision:thumbsup2

I am just worried about his health with all that weight (he wears a 6 XL shirt). Before he had the surgery, the doctor told him that if he didn't get the weight off, he would be dead by 40. I told the DH that me wanting him to lose weight isn't about him getting back to that 220 lbs of pure muscle I married (although I wouldn't complain if he did :lmao:), it's just about him getting healthy and me not worrying all the time about when he is going to die.

Sorry to hear that! Got to be frustrating for you. My friend and her father had gastro bypass many years ago. She's doing great and looks great, but her father has had some trouble keeping his weight down. It fluctuates quite a bit, and she's constantly worrying about him, too.

Waving again! Feeling a bit better today. DH and i just split a bottle of wine, so I guess much better

:yay: for feeling better!! and for the bottle of wine, too!

My DH left for a camping trip for the weekend with a friend...just me and the kids until Sunday afternoon...

So....any plans???? :teeth:

Now Heather, you know you are just not allowed to say that word till afterI'm back you know where :sad: which isn't till after Labour Day ::yes::

Ok.....:ssst:

Hope all my RC Peeps have a wonderful weekend!!!!:beach:
Heather

Ok resort changers gurus I have a question!!!

I changed my arrival date (flight down was $79 on 8/8, $371 on 8/9...um no brainer there!)....how often do DVC rooms open up (on DVC side, not cash ressie)? My dream is to rent points for a BCV studio that 1st night so that we can use SAB 8/8 and 8/9 -we switch to BW CL 8/9 so both of best worlds on 8/9! There isn't a BCV studio available, which I know is the norm this close. BUT...its just 1 night, what are my chances of one opening up from now til then?

I have enough Starwood points to get that night free at Swan or Dolphin, but once I book that, the points can't be reversed if a BCV studio opens up, so I'm playing the waiting game. It's risky, but both Swan & Dolphin are available that night, if one should become unavailable I'll quickly book the other. I don't need ME, we're flying into Sanford & will be using a car service, so that's not an issue with S/D.

Yes I'm rambling....

My guy is software research engineer...I don't even understand what that man does:rotfl2:, but he's a smarty pants for sure!
Ah...working for Disney in that field would be amazing I would think! On an off topic, I have to go look and see if I can make my posts a pretty color like yours.....and I have hubby at home to help...:rotfl2:

I would really love to work for Disney. I have a feeling that since I can't move, it would make it not a very likely thing.

We will be in WDW Sept 7-15th..

I LOVE my Keurig I am completely addicted since we got it for Christmas so I would love to bring my favorite kcups with me! Millstones breakfast Blend!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

At one time, we had two of them in the house. We had one sitting out in the garage (that my mil got on sale) just in case the one we were using broke. My plan was to get them to use the one in the garage before our trip, and then take the one we had been using to WDW. Well, around the time of my sil's birthday, the bil started hinting around that his wife would love a Keurig for the new house, but they couldn't afford one atm. Well the fil, decided to give him the one they were currently using and get the one in the garage out to use.

Hi Peeps!
Wookie, hopefully your DH will be able to get back on track about his health. Hugs to you too! :hug:

Well, moving the treadmill so we both can start walking on it, is a good start.

Sam and I are almost to the park to see the phillies - Long day, missed trains gave us getting in late ... DH went straight from work. Wi have a beer for happy hour lol

Hi to all I've missed! Will catch up later!!

I hope you had fun at the game!!

:) So happy husband is home early for the first time in ages...but :) he is sound asleep in the recliner! Poor guy. He works so hard and this project is and has been a killer! I'm just sitting here watching him and letting him sleep. He's so looking forward to vacation and I'm looking forward to being with him; it's been a long...long....project. Have a great night everyone!!

I'm afraid that is what I have to look forward to once I graduate. I guess it will be worth it, though, when I get my paychecks.:lmao:

Thanks! Sophie is getting very fashionable! With her new leash, sweater and pink rain slicker!

I bet the pink looks beautiful with her black hair. My sister is got green for Clancy since he is an Irish Wolfhound and she wants me to knit him a green scarf to wear to this dog friendly bar they go to.

It is strange that in the US the drinking age is 21 when you can get drafted at 18, so your old enough to be sent to war, but not have a beer :confused3
And do they ever go overboard on checking ID!! My daughters couldn't stop laughing :rotfl2: when we were in a Florida liquor store and clerk asked me for ID. :faint:

I agree, I think it beyond strange.

I changed my arrival date (flight down was $79 on 8/8, $371 on 8/9...um no brainer there!)....how often do DVC rooms open up (on DVC side, not cash ressie)? My dream is to rent points for a BCV studio that 1st night so that we can use SAB 8/8 and 8/9 -we switch to BW CL 8/9 so both of best worlds on 8/9! There isn't a BCV studio available, which I know is the norm this close. BUT...its just 1 night, what are my chances of one opening up from now til then?

I have enough Starwood points to get that night free at Swan or Dolphin, but once I book that, the points can't be reversed if a BCV studio opens up, so I'm playing the waiting game. It's risky, but both Swan & Dolphin are available that night, if one should become unavailable I'll quickly book the other. I don't need ME, we're flying into Sanford & will be using a car service, so that's not an issue with S/D.

Yes I'm rambling....

Since you're a Starwood member, do you know what is going on at the Swan/Dolphin during that time? When our original check in date was 9/9, I thought it would be fun to check into the Swan on 9/8 before checking into the AKL, but there was no availability. When I called to make sure the website was right, I was told there was no availability from 9/8 to either the 10 or 13th.

Well last night was interesting. We had an operation set up and I was still ticked. Luckily, the child didn't show up. I decided to drink the Bud Light Straw-ber-ritas the DH has been telling me I need to drink.....all 5 of the 8oz cans, which I mainly chugged. Luckily, they had me dps'ing most of the time, until we got to the last boss. By then in order to get to the bathroom I had to crawl, since the stinking ground wouldn't stop moving suddenly, but I could heal enough to keep everyone alive.

Since you're a Starwood member, do you know what is going on at the Swan/Dolphin during that time? When our original check in date was 9/9, I thought it would be fun to check into the Swan on 9/8 before checking into the AKL, but there was no availability. When I called to make sure the website was right, I was told there was no availability from 9/8 to either the 10 or 13th.

I have no idea, sorry! We're there August, not September. I've already been there thought that the hotels were both booked solid with conferences.

So....I've been looking at resorts......:rotfl:

Love this statement!!

Okay, I had narrowed down my choice for our Halloween party trip to BWI, AKL and WL. My sister said last night she sort of wants to save BWI for her 40th bday trip since that is her dream resort...so, I guess I am down to two. I have 2 days to decide between them.

My niece spent the night with me last night and I was looking at WL and AKL this morning when she woke up and she said she didn't want to stay at GF because she wants to save that for "her trip". Good thing she said that because GF is not on the radar for this trip.

I'm over myself! I need vacation to get her ASAP because I am resort Ch ch changing crazy:rotfl2: I am going to go watch my beloved Bruins...hopefully win tonight!

TT4Dis...I vote AKL..but then again, I will probably change my opinion!:rotfl:

Have a great night everyone..GO BRUINS!:cool1:

So... I finally looked at the pictures on my phone from Star Wars Weekend and I now understand why a crowd of people busted out laughing whilst we were posing with a storm trooper. Apparently our daughter was making a hand gesture "unbecoming of a 6 year-old." :rolleyes1

So... I finally looked at the pictures on my phone from Star Wars Weekend and I now understand why a crowd of people busted out laughing whilst we were posing with a storm trooper. Apparently our daughter was making a hand gesture "unbecoming of a 6 year-old." :rolleyes1

:wave2: :rotfl2: That is too funny!

I am nervously watching my Bruins...I am way too invested in these boys...my heart, my heart.
So the difference between CL AKL and Pool view AKL is well over $900 bucks...had a revelation that with room only, upgrading to CL only gave me a 5% off....pool view was 30% off. My brain was obviously fried from changing so many times between the original May vacation and now. It's a dilemma...because we really kinda want to do CL..but wowza that is a huge amount don't ya all think?? Thoughts? Argghh... :confused3 Thinking of all the fine ..dining...and other things we could be doing with that $$$....

So....I've been looking at resorts......:rotfl:

Me too! Well, not really resorts, just contemplating the cost of moving from 9 nights garden view to 8 night club level (sugarloaf) at The Grand. When I called the less-than-enthusiastic cast member sounded a bit put off that I would even consider changing less than a week out!

Morning everyone! Well...I've decided to add another night to our vacation for a better flight home the next day. I just couldn't stomach the idea of leaving AKL at 5 in the morning..ugh!! So...I thought maybe I would try a new resort for a day and night before our flight out. Was thinking Coronado or POFQ..not much of a price difference for what I chose, now just need to pick one. Plus it would be nice to check out for future trips....:rotfl:....Thoughts from all of you would be awesome to help me decide! Thanks in advance! :)

We stayed at POFQ in January for 10 nights. We liked it, but I don't know if it's worth changing resorts for 1 night, I'd be inclined to stay put.

Thanks, she is a little princess: lol.

Trying to catch up, but eyes are dropping :rolleyes: good night all
:hug:

The house is super quiet....Jesse is with my aunt, Bill and Faith are at Hilton Head Island doin' a little fishing, and Stephen is asleep....oh the peace and quiet that fills the house :cloud9:.....

Of course it won't last long....yard work is calling my name today. Let me rephrase that....calling my name AND Stephen's name :teeth: He's excited about it, I'm sure.....
Hope you had an awesome day...yardwork and all :goodvibes

Yes I'm rambling....
A night at the Swan or Dolphin sounds just fine AND FREE...for now. You never know about an opening, but then again I know NOTHING about renting points...how about a BC SV room?? With the Summer RO 30% off??

Well last night was interesting. We had an operation set up and I was still ticked. Luckily, the child didn't show up. I decided to drink the Bud Light Straw-ber-ritas the DH has been telling me I need to drink.....all 5 of the 8oz cans, which I mainly chugged. Luckily, they had me dps'ing most of the time, until we got to the last boss. By then in order to get to the bathroom I had to crawl, since the stinking ground wouldn't stop moving suddenly, but I could heal enough to keep everyone alive.
were they yummy???? Hope you are not "spinning" today

Love this statement!!

Okay, I had narrowed down my choice for our Halloween party trip to BWI, AKL and WL. My sister said last night she sort of wants to save BWI for her 40th bday trip since that is her dream resort...so, I guess I am down to two. I have 2 days to decide between them.

My niece spent the night with me last night and I was looking at WL and AKL this morning when she woke up and she said she didn't want to stay at GF because she wants to save that for "her trip". Good thing she said that because GF is not on the radar for this trip.
They are both beautiful resorts!!!

I'm over myself! I need vacation to get her ASAP because I am resort Ch ch changing crazy:rotfl2: I am going to go watch my beloved Bruins...hopefully win tonight!

TT4Dis...I vote AKL..but then again, I will probably change my opinion!:rotfl:

Have a great night everyone..GO BRUINS!:cool1:
Any news we should know about??

:rotfl: Oh boy....

Me too! Well, not really resorts, just contemplating the cost of moving from 9 nights garden view to 8 night club level (sugarloaf) at The Grand. When I called the less-than-enthusiastic cast member sounded a bit put off that I would even consider changing less than a week out!
I dislike CMs like that. Luckily they are few and far between. So did you switch to SL?? I love SL!!:worship:

Krystal heading over to Boardwalk is a good option too if you want to just want to go with the flow and not bother with ADRs BRG & ESPN no reservations needed also Beaches & Cream @ BC. Cap'ts Grill can usually take walk ups too.

We personally love BRG

Good to know. Since we are going to be at YC for 12 nights, we plan on a Boardwalk crawl! Going to all the places, have ADRs for Kuzina & Flying Fish, then planning on BRG, ESPN, B&C, & Captians Grille :goodvibes.
I haven't been to any Boardwalk places since Spoodles :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter