Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! Going to try to catch up, not sure how far I can get before the kiddos need me.

Linda - Oh my goodness :eek: I am so sorry to hear about your back and the horrible treatment you received in the er. Sending you lots of :hug:

Candace - say what you want, but we know you will ch-ch-change again :rotfl:

dmindgal1 - I dont think I ever said welcome :wave2:

Miss - sorry to hear the furlough may be affecting you :sad1: Hope Miss M's dentist appt goes smoothly.

Jeanette - the frugal monster visited here and we are now booked off prop for Dec and Jan :sad2: But if I want to be able to keep taking mini trips, I have to compromise somewhere.

Jen - I am sure we can help you pick and change and change and change your resort for May :rotfl2:

SueM - congrats on the renos being done :banana: We love our Dyson, had it for years, well worth the money!

Hannah - I am sorry to hear of your losses, it is never easy. But with that said......CONGRATS on your engagement :jumping1: I cant wait to follow your planning!!!

Wookie - hope the day care doesnt get shut down. Did I miss the fact that you were looking to move out? I am guessing so since you said look at houses to rent :confused3

Shelia - I am so very sorry that you had to read about that stuff on FB. Sending you major :hug: and love!!!

I think that catches me up a slight bit, enough that I no longer feel horrible :p

I hope all my Canadian friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!!!! And :wave2: to everyone I missed!!!

:grouphug:
    Melissa

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Is that a challenge? :rotfl:

It has been a whole 48 hours since my last switch....:goodvibes

4. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!! You so know it's coming! My prediction is by the weekend you will be somewhere else ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:hourglass

:yo-yo::bored:

6. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Hannah Welcome Back!

Sue yeah for the renovations being done!

Jeanette love that DH is getting excited

:rotfl2:

Miss so sorry about DH furlough this whole thing is just terrible

Linda feel better back pain is the worst :hug:

7. dimndgal1

dimndgal1 One little spark...

How I feel after I change: :dance3:
    That is, until I find some reason to question myself :scratchin

Hello! So sorry to hear about your back!!!Not sure what the nature of your injury is, but I have been suffering from a hip condition for *thinks* 6 years now and had hip surgery so I can understand the 'flat on your back' frustration!!! I highly recommend alternating heat/ice (15 on/ 15 off/ 15 other...). Even better for me is if I can do ice near the bone and heat around the muscles - I often get sciatica from the hip fun and if I can get the ice closer to my tailbone and then do heat on my glutes, it seems to make everyone get along better! Hope you feel better!!! :flower3:

THANK YOU!!!! This is by far an entertaining group that GETS the RC 'fun' (if I call it fun then it can't be stressful, right???) :lmao:

I just saw a commercial that had AKL in it and was like "Hmmmm...." I talk myself out of it because we'll spend most of our time at MK with littlest DD, but I can also talk myself into anything! :teacher: The official party-line for this trip is so we can 'test' WL to see if his family would enjoy it for a big trip in '16. But, if politicians can waffle, I can too!!!

8. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Still on my phone so no multi quotes. Thanks for all the well wishes. The RC ladies are the best even the new ladies I haven't even welcomed yet! We think my back problem is either a really bad pulled muscle or a pinched nerve. I have been using ice and then heat which seems to make it better. Any advise from my Dis daughter who just happens to be a nurse?

9. Lillian Gracey

Lillian Gracey Lady in Blue

Thanks! I am saving every penny to make sure we can stay at either PO resort! Both look super pretty! :goodvibes

Thanks! It took him long enough, but I am so glad he finally did!

:hug: Thank you so much! So glad to be back! Missed everyone lots!

:hug: It's very exciting for sure! Despite some hiccups on the way, we are very much looking forward to planning our Disney wedding and Disneymoon! This will be DFi's first trip ever so I want to make it extra special for him!

I hold the fact that he was so happy and didn't suffer 'til the very end very close as well. I am very sorry for your losses! :hug:

I wouldn't mind a year long honeymoon in Florida. :rotfl: Hopefully you get that vow renewal!

Thank you so much! It was hard this past Saturday because it was my papa's birthday, but we got through it. Especially since his baseball team won! I can't wait to share my plans with everyone! :hyper:

Thanks! :hug:

I hope everyone is doing well! :)

10. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

It's official, I have a reservation and David took the time off, we will be heading to Disney the afternoon of Dec 5th for the weekend. Going to meet some very special ladies!!!!! I am soooo excited!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. Grumpy Grandma

Reservation ..... Where??? And I'm sooooooo excited too!!!

12. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Since I wanted 3 nights and we are "saving money" we will be off property. We are heading back to Lake Buena vista Resort village & Spa. It's only a few miles away and we get a 2BR condo for less than it would cost us to stay at a value. It's kinda a no brainer since we drive. Although the spoiled brat in me really a wants to be back at CR ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

13. Grumpy Grandma

Janet, Rosie and I will be offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista ....

14. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

OMG!!! Sooo excited :) that's WONDERFUL! Can't wait to meet you :) and I'm onsite at POFQ from Dec 5-9 :)

15. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

(((HUG))) Hi Hannah!!! So happy to see you back! So glad you got your hearts desire for the wedding!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all the planning details! :) it'll be AMAZING I'm sure :)

16. Lillian Gracey

Lillian Gracey Lady in Blue

Thanks! :hug: DFi and I are already making a list of restaurants for the Disneymoon and I told my mother that I will not let her leave WDW 'til we go to BoG for lunch or dinner. The moment I heard about BoG I told her that we will dine there together one day because BatB is hear favorite Disney movie so I'm glad we will get the chance to do so! She is not much of a Disney person so she's been all "ugh" about me wanting to take her to the restaurant (and constantly reminds me that I'll be on my Disneymoon with DFi. :rotfl:), but I want to at least do one thing with her. :upsidedow

I've been doing research for DFi's sister and her family as well so we can save them some money. Her husband is in the Navy and I want to give them the option of at least SoG or the Military discount at a WDW resort. Are there discounts on single day tickets or is it only the 4-day ticket promotion that's going on right now? I figure there might not be any discounts for one or two day tickets since our families will only be there Thursday-Sunday. Thursday and Sunday being the travel days, Friday being the wedding day and Saturday being the only play day.

17. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Linda 6 young men in your bedroom? Well if that's what it takes...:rotfl2:
    I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on Reno completion. I'll try to send some pics to post!!

Liking the Dyson, but not used to an upright. Always had canister. It will take some getting used to.

18. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: hard to teach us old dogs new tricks.

19. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Good morning! Sitting here with my coffee :surfweb: waiting for Andrew and David to shower and get out of here so I can get laundry going, shower, and head to the grocery store, don't I have an exciting day planned :rotfl:

Hannah - I love that you are insistent on going to BoG with your mom! I think it is perfectly fine that you want to spend a little time with your mom on your Disneymoon! I am sure you will get the answer to the military tickets soon as more people check in this morning.

Marie - I am soooo excited! I basically told David I was taking the kids and going whether he was or not :laughing: There was just no way I could go up for the weekend alone, the kids would have never let that happen. I hope everything is going well up there :hug:

Linda - I forgot you were staying off prop as well. How is the back doing today? I hope you are doing a bit better each day :flower3:

dmindgal - My kids have no interest in AKL for some reason, but I agree if you spend most of your time at the MK, staying at WL is really much more convenient :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great day!

:grouphug:
    Melissa

20. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Mama!!!! Yes cold alternating with heat...rest and anti-inflammatory..a muscle relaxer could help..ugh you should follow up with an orthopedic they can give you some great exercises to help..but you'll be resting for the next week or so. I'm so sorry mama :hug: I'm off to pediatrician for a well visit for DS5...be back!!!

21. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Morning all! and happy HUMP day!! (can hear that camel now!!)

:wave2: Hannah!! Welcome back and congrats on the engagment and :yay: for a Disney wedding and disneymoon! A late sept, catching Halloween wishes, and F&W seems perfect.

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby and your papa.:hug: For sure your papa was cheering along with you all on that Cardinals win.

Oh it will be wonderful to be part of your planning process, love the idea of FQ!

Awesome Sue!! Congrats, now the fun can start with shopping for new furniture, accessories, etc. :) btrw we have a Dyson, it's great!

Fabulous Pas!! How I wish my DH could be so mesmerized!

:rotfl2: Yes my friend you have already done that. No changing the Poly, you hear?

Nope :goodvibes No I just look the part that I'm conducting a very important conversation.. which I was! :thumbsup2

Sorry Miss .... for you and all our other affected RCers and families. :hug: Hoping Miss M's appt went well. :)

Linda, :hug: so grateful that Jess was there to watch your back (no pun intended :goodvibes)

And 6 young men?? Now Rosie will want to know if they were 6 HOT italians :laughing:

Feel better soon Linda!! Disney is beckoning.. :hug:

:yay: So excited to be able to meet up with you all again!!

Sound advice from our RC Nurse! Hope all goes well with Brian's appt. :)