Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Happy 7th birthday to you DD!! I can't imagine 4 hours of painful labor. The most I had was with JM, and that was just 3 hours of what showed up as only little bumps of labor pains.

That sounds like it was scary. I'm glad everything worked out well for your DD.

Thanks y'all. The DH called between appts today and I asked him. He's afraid the music will be too loud at Ragland Road for JM (although he did like the idea), and that JM won't like the food at Boma (neither of us want a repeat of Restaurant Marrakesh with him). He said that we didn't need to book a Big River ADR just to get to the Boardwalk, since he wanted to do that anyway. He said that he had a few ideas and he would talk to me later about it.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

4. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Oh looks like good carline reading ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

Glad you are safe from the explosion, but if my DH had done that to me, I would have killed him with my bare hands (after I ran away and burned down the house) I HATE snakes. I used to not mind them until I was about 7 or 8 and was at my friend's house. Her mom was doing laundry, and we heard a scream. She opened the dryer and started putting clothes in, and there was a snake in there!:scared1:
    :woohoo: YAY!!!
    Hi! :wave:

:grouphug: I'm so sorry.
    :scared1: That reminds me of the time we took DS down to Florida to meet my Grandma when he was 4 months old. We stopped at a nature preserve and decided to take him for a walk in his stroller since it was Feb. and the weather was great for us. We get the stroller all set up, I snap his carseat in and we start walking. After we had been walking for about 15 min, DH steers me over to the side of the trail, and I can't figure out why. Then I saw the snake he was steering me away from. I grabbed the stroller from him, turned around, and took off like a bat out of hell back towards the car. He said that was the fastest he had ever seen me run. Of course I then got back to the car about 5 min before him, and didn't have the keys.:lmao:

6. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Magic: I am so sorry. :hug: What about Janet's suggestion... maybe a little later in the year when the weather cools off?

Jen: Happy Birthday to her! :dance3: Please give her a big hug from us, especially from Miss M! :hug:

:grouphug: to all of you. Safe Travels to Candace and co.!
    I_Heart: When do you leave?! :woohoo:

~~------------------------------~~

We're at home today. Schools were closed due to flooding. I just finished watching Hamm (Toy Story) and Stitch -- who were dressed up in Miss M's underwear -- have 10 or so sumo wrestling matches inside a hula hoop on our living room floor. :rotfl:

Our street is flooded and closed off starting a block from our house... and the flash flood warning is in effect until 8pm this evening. :eek: Only damage so far is a wet floor in the dining room where the water has blown in through the storm windows. Stupid gutters right above these windows got clogged yesterday afternoon from our silly tree pods. :sad2: (Reminds me I need to get that useless sucker chopped down this fall. :mad: )

Days like these, I wish I owned a kayak. We've got our very own Lake Michigan down the road. :rotfl:

7. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I love both of my kids, but sometimes I wonder what we were thinking to have two!! :-) happy birthday to her!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hmmm why can I totally picture that??? ;):rotfl:

9. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Oh Jenny, I did go to the thread. If there are misbehaving kids at a restaurant, that is a topic of conversation at our table. It is usually our boys who will say, can you believe it. Yes, my boys are 19 and 15, but they have been saying that for years. I do have a real issue with parents who let their kids run around a restaurant because they are not through with their evening. Personally, I don't see how it could still be enjoyable. We won't say anything to "you", but we sure will talk about "you".

10. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I heard the old school district where I taught when we were in the burbs canceled because of power outages and flooding...we didn't get it quite as bad down here in central IL. Glad you only have a wet dining room floor! Have fun with the sumo matches! :-)

11. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Magic- so sorry to read about the plans with your mom. Hopefully, it will work out and there will be a better time.

Jen- happy birthday to DD

Miss- be careful out there. Saw those flood warnings posted this am, we have been lucky here in Western CT on that front so far this spring . Now if it would just stay warm !

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I know, we take notice of that behavior at a restaurant too as it can be a teaching moment for our girls to witness that kind of thing. But boy, people get riled up over there. Kind of funny actually. :rolleyes1

13. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

No kiddin', that's a rough playground today. :scared1:Wacky!! You'd think with all that's going on in the world maybe folks would be a teensy bit nicer.
    I am so glad we have our thread of kind, friendly folks!!:grouphug:

14. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

You can say that again sweet Ginny!!:hug:

15. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I just read the thread Jen posted....WOW!!!! I want to smack some people!!! You honestly never know if the child is "capable" of behaving. I have gotten more dirty looks in my life because of Steven or Sarah misbehaving. I'm sorry, step into my shoes and tell me I am not effectively parenting. I do my best, but live with special needs before you even try to pass judgement!!!!! Sorry I Get touchy with this stuff ;)

16. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

It is pretty sickening how some people can be. Just like Ginny said, with everything that is going on in our world, you would think there would be a little more kindness. Sad. I think people just like to sit behind their screens and be powerful. I admire you for what you do and continue to do for your kids Melissa. :flower3:

17. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Thanks for writing this. I'm sure it will make people think before they judge .... just too bad that the people that REALLY need to read this aren't on this thread. :grouphug:

18. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Linda, lol!! I was afraid to post it over in the actual thread for all the backlash it would cause. But I knew I could safely vent it here :) but maybe I can tone it down and post it????

19. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

My first reaction was to tell you to go post it over there but I really don't want one of "my" ladies beat up and hurt. Besides do you think it would really make anyone stop and think??? But on the other hand if it made just ONE person stop and think before they judge it might be worth it. Just be ready to be burned and know we are all here for you .... :grouphug:

20. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I said something....this is what I posted.

I have to step in here and say something.....

Everyone has a right to their opinion, however to judge someone as a ineffective parent is wrong. As a mother with special needs children I try my damn hardest to make sure they are behaving or entertained. I have left restaurants and stores, but to think that someone is looking at me and judging me is disgusting. You honestly never know what disabilities a child may have and maybe compassion instead of judgement would be more humane.

21. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Nice job Melissa, now just ignore the haters. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.