Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
letthewookiewin~I hate tax time! Plus, you are going to school, too! WOW! :eek:
I do hope you get FD, it really helps alot of families.:thumbsup2

MAGIC...itis!~(((HUGS)))don't get me crying, it's too early. LOL
Hope all is well with you and your family. :grouphug:

disneydreamin247~your plans look great! :thumbsup2
I'm on the fence about the Poly rooms, but hey, I'm looking at this as an adventure and going back to the good ol' times. You know, the grounds are fabulous and the music."Young" romance is bound to bloom.....:love: hehehhehe....:rotfl:

pas~OMG!!!!! YOU made MY trip!!!!! I didn't know you would be there too!!!! Jumping up and down for joy!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: Woooooohooooo!
Can you tell I'm happy, too? LOL :rotfl2:

I am shaking right now! I just had to call the cops. I was laying with Lily and heard what sounded like someone getting hit and then screaming. I couldn't see out the window at the moment, but I didn't want to wait until I could see so I called 911. I told the the facts, I heard banging and screaming but couldn't see what was going in. It was definitely on my block, but not necessarily in front of my house. I left my name and number so they knew I wasn't a prank call. Cops come, I'm able to get away from Lily and see what the commotion is. The alcoholic lady across the street was slamming her door and screaming. Apparently her husband locker her out. I know it probably seems silly to call the cops over it, but I get very nervous with my littles in the house, and it is 1 in the morning! The cops got her straightened out and left, thankfully. I hate calling the cops and never do it, but if I feel that someone's safety is threatened I will definitely do it!

Also, disneydreamin247~this is AWFUL!!!! :sad1:
ITA, you must do what you need to do to protect your family. When we moved into our first home, we had some nice neighbors, then we had a family like yours move in next door. OY! Cops all the time. If I wasn't calling them, the other neighbor on the other side was! :mad:
They ended up moving very soon after the cop-calling started. JMHO.
Hope it gets better for you and your family soon. :hug:

Wow! You ladies have been busy, busy!!! It'll take me days to get caught up!
:wave2:

OK, I did it, got the GV CL Poly room booked for our 20th (even though it's a couple of weeks early, DH could only get off these dates) and since it was so last minute there was not much available. And we decided that since we started at the Poly 20yrs ago, we would stay at the Poly.

Flights booked, tickets and room paid and LeCellier ADR made.
Everything will be winged. Oh, yes, need to book the towncar.

I've got to stay with this reservation as DH will NOT be a changer with this last minute deal.
I just checked and they DO have the garden suite at BWI for less than the Poly, but DH will kill me.

I just better hang out here with you lovely ladies and on the Poly thread and count my blessings! :goodvibes

PS.....I have been lurking, and wanted to tell you all put a smile in my heart. Even when I was going through my lowest times. Thank you all. :grouphug:

Lulu's Mom...it was wonderful reading your post... like Magic it made me teary eyed ... the POLY is it, its perfect and romantic and is meant to be :hug:.... you have SO much to celebrate!.. :flower3:

Well tonight I had a major freak out moment and then realized that I was an idiot and was totally fine. On the way to school I talked to H&R Block for like an hour. Then I had class from 6 - 8 PM, and had to drive an hour home. When I got here, my brain was fried. I jumped on the DIS, after eating, and check on the 2013 Free Dining thread. Someone had listed the FD dates from 2009 - 2012 for late summer/fall. I freaked out!! OMG!! Our dates were before the times listed. I had my DH come into our room and he wanted me to look into dates with in the time frame to move to. As I started doing that, I realized the 8th month isn't September, it's August. I think that's my sign that I need to get my rear into bed and go to sleep. Y'all have a great night.

Wookie, fyi, your dates are included in the FD BB from last August and are historically included in the public FD offering .. which should be realeased soon if Disney will be offering it (can't see why they wouldn't after many years of it...)

Congrats on your great ADRs. Poly is a toss up right now. I absolutely loved the old rooms, the art-director in me thought the color scheme was amazing and the darkness never bothered me. We actually stayed there this past August just so we could get one last stay in the old rooms. I am going to pop over in the next couple weeks for a quickie at Poly so hopefully I will like the rooms much more in person than from the photos. Mom has never stayed there... now that's one WRONG that must be RIGHTED pronto. And I'm just the gal to lend a helping hand!

My thoughts are with both you and your uncle. My uncle also very recently found out he has cancer... shoulder. So far he hasn't fared well with MRIs, so he must wait til he's out to go elsewhere for a PET.

PAS130
, you may know just where my Uncle's room is located...:rolleyes1

Your plans brought a tear to my eye. How sweet you are staying right where it all began. princess:

Magic, well you must get Mom over to the POLY pronto! :cool1: btw, we have never stayed there either... that POLY pull has been pulling me for a loong time...:goodvibes Maybe this year??

Please know we will keep your uncle in our thoughts and prayers...:hug:

I am shaking right now! I just had to call the cops. I was laying with Lily and heard what sounded like someone getting hit and then screaming. I couldn't see out the window at the moment, but I didn't want to wait until I could see so I called 911. I told the the facts, I heard banging and screaming but couldn't see what was going in. It was definitely on my block, but not necessarily in front of my house. I left my name and number so they knew I wasn't a prank call. Cops come, I'm able to get away from Lily and see what the commotion is. The alcoholic lady across the street was slamming her door and screaming. Apparently her husband locker her out. I know it probably seems silly to call the cops over it, but I get very nervous with my littles in the house, and it is 1 in the morning! The cops got her straightened out and left, thankfully. I hate calling the cops and never do it, but if I feel that someone's safety is threatened I will definitely do it!

Dani, that is way scary...it was not silly... situations like this can get very ulgy... you did the right thing :hug:

ADRs are great... love Ohana, hopefully you can get an earlier time...love PT50s... has Danimal eaten there yet?? CP is on my bucket list (for breakfast)...chef mickeys does seem a little early but the upside is having the rest of the day to do whatever you want to...

:hug: Thanks BFF!! I am proud of you (and Sam ) :banana:

Thanks bff:goodvibes...Sam looks healthier, her body more toned...its make me so happy to see her like this... it's why I never say no to going to the YMCA, its a lot at times by the payoffs are priceless!:cool1:

We have to post 2 times weekly, but I try to go on at least once a day..the papers kill me. I am a "free writer" then I rough draft, then type...it's just how I roll...old school :rotfl:

:hug: O-M-G you will be there for MY trip :love: May I have te honor of giving you the BIGGEST HUG EVER!!!!!!!!

You have made my year! I am SO HAPPY to read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: I'm working ER tonight and 16 hrs tomorrow...if he needs anything.....:hug: They have a PET scanner..unless he's not in that campus...please feel free to reach out...or your family ANYTIME! I will do anything I can to help PROMISE! :flower3:

:hug: That is scary sis, I would've called as well!!!

Pas, that is so wonderful that you are will be there at the same time as Lulu'sMom!! :flower3: Working non-stop this weekend I see...well at least in less than 3 weeks you will be in Disney! :yay:

Happy Friday everybody!

I gotta get busy and make some dining reservation decisions. I think I'll tackle that this weekend. :thumbsup2

Jen-I will keep an eye out for Life of Pi. Sounds like it’s a touching movie.:goodvibes

Koh-Congrats on getting through all the paperwork to sub!:cool1:

Wookie-Glad you got the month straightened out. Fatigue will do that to ya, getting extra rest is a good idea. :flower3:

Magic-I was sorry to hear about your Uncle’s illness. Hope they will be able to provide him with good treatment. :goodvibes

Dani-Good thing you made that called. Must have been scary! On a much happier note, you have great WDW plans. :yay:

Pas-You are working so hard. Sending hugs, hoping your schedule eases soon. :hug:

Lulu’s Mom-Sounds like you have a wonderful vacation planned. We like LeCellier, too. It just has the nicest atmosphere. Enjoy!pixiedust:

Janet-I hope a Poly stay will be in your future!:beach:

Waving hi to Kook, GG, PigletsMommy, Missoutandabout all the rest of the RC Buddies! :wave:

With a few of us booked at the Poly for our upcoming trips, here are a few of my favorite shots from last August.

8549841891_0e54cc0030_z.jpg

8550849922_83b5954332_z.jpg

8550846740_1646e2b18f_z.jpg

8549747145_f72a147a4a_z.jpg

8550846276_8fa695abd1_z.jpg

8549747025_6beb0cc693_z.jpg

8550845518_6137a92d78_z.jpg

:rotfl:
Can you hire an intern? Maybe a student looking for some domestic management and culinary experience?:scratchin

Now here's an idea I can get behind!!! Can I get one of those interns??? :rotfl2:

Hi Peeps!

GG, you are tempting me with that DIVA trip! :goodvibes

[/B]

You do know planes fly east to west .... :thumbsup2

Going to keep checking! Last year I had an 8:30 and managed to snag a 7:10. Maybe I will get lucky this year. I am going to contact IPO and see if they can offer any help. I don't need a prime time ADR, I will settile for 8!

I HATE the new Poly rooms. :scared: Hoping it will be different in person, but they just seem to have lost their charm.

You have fantastic ADRs! And so glad to hear the good news for your uncle. :hug:

No free dining, but I am only 77 days out now (!!!) so it is late to start making ADRs. :rolleyes: Just have to roll with it, I am lucky to even get to go. I won't let the small things ruin my mood.

Thanks sis!!!

Will be checking religiously! :goodvibes

Hang in there, it is almost the weekend!

Thanks Janet!!!

That seriously stinks. I am still waiting on my state return. I will have to call tomorrow because for 3 days now the site says no info is available. If I owed them money they would be banging down my door.:rolleyes:

Congrats!!! :banana::love:

:rotfl: Get some rest!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay so for anyone who is curious here is how our trip is currently mapped out:

5/31- arrival day

MK in the afternoon
'Ohana dinner 9:30
Possibly back to MK as they are open until 11 and then have PM EMH

6/1-
MK rope drop
Crystal Palace breakfast 9:25
Afternoon swim, evening apps
EPCOT at night

6/2-
Chef Mickey's breakfast 7:15 :-)scared1:)
No plans yet for rest of the day

6/3-
Studios for RD
50's Prime Time lunch at 11:25
afternoon break/swim
No plans for evening yet. Either DTD or swimming and enjoying the Poly :love:

6/4-
EPCOT for RD
Le Cellier lunch 1:25
Cry all night because we leave the next day

6/5-
Kona Cafe breakfast
Do anything that is left on to do list before flight home.Since we have a later flight home we won't get picked up by ME until around 3:30 so we basically can do almost anything. Will probably hit MK one last time.

How do my plans look?

Your plans look wonderful! Lots of fun park time but also plenty of time for kicking back and relaxing! Perfect combination!!! :beach:

Oh Dani I love your pictures!!! Just makes me want to be there right now!!! And sad sad me .... no trip planned until Oct!!! :scared1:

Forgot to post before.... TGIF!! :banana:

Dani, beautiful pix! BTW my friend, you need a Poly ticker!! :cool1:

Ginny, with all the Poly talk have to go back and look at the BB rates for August...Sam would absolutely love a stay at one of her favorite place..:love: So what's on your plate for ADRs? :goodvibes

Lulu'sMom, you and DH will be together in Poly Paradise ...romance is guaranteed! :goodvibes

Melissa, thinking of you and hope you hanging in there :hug: do you need a jump on happy hour? :drinking1

GG, did you have your day at DL? :) And yes, do know that planes fly in all directions (and it's a loong flight..:goodvibes)

Dani, beautiful pix! BTW my friend, you need a Poly ticker!! :cool1:

Ginny, with all the Poly talk have to go back and look at the BB rates for August...Sam would absolutely love a stay at one of her favorite place..:love: So what's on your plate for ADRs? :goodvibes

Lulu'sMom, you and DH will be together in Poly Paradise ...romance is guaranteed! :goodvibes

Melissa, thinking of you and hope you hanging in there :hug: do you need a jump on happy hour? :drinking1

GG, did you have your day at DL? :) And yes, do know that planes fly in all directions (and it's a loong flight..:goodvibes)

Yep it is a long flight .... believe me I know!!!

Just my humble opinion but I think you and Sam should stay at the Poly in Aug!!! You both could use a special treat!!! :thumbsup2

Oh Dani I love your pictures!!! Just makes me want to be there right now!!! And sad sad me .... no trip planned until Oct!!! :scared1:

I love Dani's pics too! Just lovely! Thanks for posting those!
And Linda, October will be here before you know it and you'll be in the middle of MNSSHP and the F&WF! Lucky, lucky!:goodvibes

)

Yes! IT's TGIF!!!!! WoooHOOOOO! We're heading off to the ranch this weekend! :moped:

I love Dani's pics too! Just lovely! Thanks for posting those!
And Linda, October will be here before you know it and you'll be in the middle of MNSSHP and the F&WF! Lucky, lucky!:goodvibes

Yes! IT's TGIF!!!!! WoooHOOOOO! We're heading off to the ranch this weekend! :moped:

I know October will be here soon but that AP is burning a hole in my pocket! :rotfl2: I really wanted to do F&G this year. :sad: If I could find cheap airfare I'd be there in a heartbeat!! :cool1:

Hello lovely ladies. :grouphug: In totally random order...

Magic: :hug: I'm sorry your uncle's going through a rough time. Positive vibes his way. (Does he not like the MRI tube? I know someone else who feels the same way. :blush: )

DznyCrzy11: I'm glad your uncle got some good news... long may it continue. :goodvibes Most excellent ADRs, by the way! :thumbsup2

Pas: I'm sending you calming, no-stress vibes... I hope they make it there. :hug:

Melissa: You need me to pour you that drink? Poor momma. Hope you're taking it easy on yourself... no overdoing it. :hug:

Lulu'sMom: Ahhh, what a wonderful plan you've got and you're heading down so soon! pixiedust: I agree about hanging out on this thread... the best part is, you don't need to do any changing to have fun here. :goodvibes Happy (early) 20th to you and yours!

Dani: I would so have done the same thing... calling the cops. Good on you for doing it. No one needs that noise at 1am especially hard-workin' mommas. Loooooooooove your plan! Especially Kona for breakfast and who-knows on the last day.

Linda: :lmao: about "You do know planes fly east to west."

Wookie: How ya feeling today? :hug: IRS always seems to bork something up... and when they don't, by some major miracle, bork something up for you one year, rest assured they'll bork something up for 10 more folks to make up for it. :faint: I'm probably on a list now for typing that in an open forum. :rolleyes2

Janet: Thanks for the congrats! I let Miss M read your message and she was chuffed to bits. :goodvibes :hug: Is the Poly in your future? :scratchin

Koh: Knock 'em dead! :goodvibes Very happy for ya.

Ginny: Yep, we wanna know the ADR plans. I'm getting cornfuzzled with everyone's ADRs.

Sheila: Hope you were able to get some relaxation in on your birthday. :flower3:

Who did I miss? :scratchin :duck:

I'm curious. I've got the DING app installed on my PC. Has anyone ever got anything decent, deal-wise, by using it?

I just realized what the sound was not too long ago -- after being perplexed for a couple of months every time my (normally completely quiet) PC made a random noise. :rotfl: So, with that mental hurdle out of the way, every time I click on their latest offer, it seems to be to Greater Sticks or Boondock City. :rolleyes2

I'm curious. I've got the DING app installed on my PC. Has anyone ever got anything decent, deal-wise, by using it?

I just realized what the sound was not too long ago -- after being perplexed for a couple of months every time my (normally completely quiet) PC made a random noise. :rotfl: So, with that mental hurdle out of the way, every time I click on their latest offer, it seems to be to Greater Sticks or Boondock City. :rolleyes2

I don't have DING on my computer but I was playing around for spring airfares and looks like some have dropped for April and May. Delta is also running a spring sale. But I'm being good and not booking anything! So proud of myself ... little pat on the back please. :rotfl2:

OK, just in, an update from our fearless leader... she asked me to post her change :hyper:...as she's laying down for a much needed nap...

So for her two night quickie trip...

its still one night at AsSP,
then ...drum roll.... one night WL Honeymoon Room and OFC!! :cool1:

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

A surprise for Brian...but nothing our Pas does should surprise him by now...:goodvibes

ok, just in, an update from our fearless leader... She asked me to post her change :hyper:...as she's laying down for a much needed nap...

So for her two night quickie trip...

its still one night at assp,
then ...drum roll.... One night wl honeymoon room and ofc!! :cool1:

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

A surprise for brian...but nothing our pas does should surprise him by now...:goodvibes

wonderful!!! I approve!!!

Too funny, Janet - just about to spill Jeanette's WL beans, too:rotfl:. Happy birthday, Brian!!

Lulu'sMom: I was so happy to see you posting to the WL thread and here, too. I just LOVE your new signature and ticker:goodvibes. I can't wait to see a pas130/Lulu'sMom RC meet-up photo. Can you have a Lapu Lapu?

Hello to all RC posters and lurkers alike - have a great weekend:grouphug:

Lulu'sMom... have a great time down on the ranch..:goodvibes :cool1:

Janet: Thanks for the congrats! I let Miss M read your message and she was chuffed to bits. :goodvibes :hug: Is the Poly in your future? :scratchin

:goodvibes Miss M deserves all the kuddos she's getting! :thumbsup2 We hope some day it will be! :flower3:

:lmao: Miss, it took me quite a while until I found out my car's "ding" was the signal that my gas tank was low :rotfl2: and here I thought it was my text signal! :teeth:

I don't have DING on my computer but I was playing around for spring airfares and looks like some have dropped for April and May. Delta is also running a spring sale. But I'm being good and not booking anything! So proud of myself ... little pat on the back please. :rotfl2:

Good for you .. it must be rough ...:rotfl2:

It is rough!!! I've got two weeks of timeshare that I have to use up ... one expires in Sept and one in Oct. These were free weeks ... will only cost about $250 for a one bedroom for the week .... so it's very limited as to where I can go but Orlando is one of the places I can use the certificates at every month except July. They're also good in Palm Springs and that would be a much cheaper vacation. :cool1:

Happy Birthday Brian!!
:banana::banana:
Too funny, Janet - just about to spill Jeanette's WL beans, too:rotfl:. Happy birthday, Brian!!

Lulu'sMom: I was so happy to see you posting to the WL thread and here, too. I just LOVE your new signature and ticker:goodvibes. I can't wait to see a pas130/Lulu'sMom RC meet-up photo. Can you have a Lapu Lapu?

Hello to all RC posters and lurkers alike - have a great weekend:grouphug:

:wave2: Kook, asked Pas twice, as felt so sure she would want to proclaim the news herself, but our queen was tired and needs to be at work at 7pm for a loong night ...she wanted everyone to know her excitment STAT!! :goodvibes

and Really for Jeannette, she held out fairly long before making this change! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter