Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did online check-in! 20 days to go... :faint: Sorry... let me do it properly:

20 More Days!

So, I didn't realize but you can put a couple requests in online when you check in? Anywho, not that I know what I'm doing but I put:

CBR: Corner room, Second floor
AKL: Highest floor

I was torn whether to not put any requests on the AKL one but I think I'd rather not have a low floor if given the choice.:confused3

Sheila: Did Santa in Brown bring your new toy yet? :hyper:

Koh: Sorry you weren't able to nab it. Keep checking though, ya never know. :goodvibes

Sitting here and the dark clouds are rolling in, enough to turn on the street lights! Guess we'll be getting some thunderstorms after all. As long as I hear no sirens, I'm good.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: almost there!! I don't know what to say about floor at AKL. I prefer a high floor too. But some do like the lower floors.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: almost there!! I don't know what to say about floor at AKL. I prefer a high floor too. But some do like the lower floors.

Personally I think it depends on the room category booked. I only stayed there once in a Standard room on the 4th floor which was fine as the balcony overlooked the front of the resort. If I stay there again I hope to book a savannah view and 2 floor as I think the viewing of the animals is better from pictures I have seen. Pool view I would prefer higher.

So I made some of the Le Cellier cheese soup last night, and I had this idea today to take the leftovers and use it as a cheese sauce to make macaroni and cheese. Genius idea, best mac&cheese I ever made.
Yum! I'm going to have to try that! Sounds wonderful. Love making Disney recipes. I just made the O'Hanna honey & lime dressing.

518404e7a9ae5c19d05dbcd1c4c6ace4_zps79282f5c.jpg

This is DD at her birthday party...(testing out my photobucket app)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Adorable!! And the beach thingys look great too!!
Glad to hear DS is doing better.

I leave for only 5 short days and ....... drama in our RC compound! NO WAY! But I will say you ladies did a great job of handling it ..... probably better Mama Linda wasn't here!!!

Jeanette the biggest hug to you and DS!!! :hug:

So I may have a little .... did I say little??? :confused3 I mean BIG RC of my own .... while we were in So Cal DS told us the wedding .... which we've all been waiting years for ..... will be happening this fall .... late Oct or early Nov. When is my trip late Oct early Nov!!! :scared1: Now we are all THRILLED about the wedding but do you think you could give me a date so I can start making my changes/plans???? No not until maybe July!!! It's going to be a very simple wedding .... after all they did just buy a house in So Cal .... $$$$$ .... so they are being practical. So as of right now my trip is in a holding pattern ....
Congrats on the wedding!

Hi ladies! We are having an amazing time so far! DH and I feel like we have done a 7 day trip already in 2 days! Honestly it is amazing the difference in the girls even since September, they can go go go!

Our room is 5672, full balcony, daybed, facing the front of the BC. We can see the little waterfall out front, and a lovely Oaktree! CL is perfect for us right now, the timing has been impeccable to be able to come back for our night out at MK last night ( after going through Epcot to do a few rides and see the OZ garden) to have some sweets and drinks. Breakfast was good, in a few minutes we are going to have some munches before heading to HS to see Fantasmic tonight. I LOVED New Fantasyland in the dark last night, what a special sight to see Cinderellas castle, belles castle and my favourite was aerials castle all lit up. So neat.

SAB is awesome!! DH and I think we may have spoiled the kids now for sure! Our latest conversation is where the heck to book the bounce back for??

In the running is here, contemporary, or POR. I think I could always modify it right?

Gotta go, have to get the girlies cleaned up after pool time! Thanks for asking about our trip!

Jen:goodvibes
Sounds like a good trip so far. We loved bc CL. I am addicted to the potato chips!

I got so far behind! So many things to get caught up with!

WOOKIE. That's one cute pup. I hope you go get it.

DZNY. Happy Belated!

Oh, that is so true!!! I am big "kid"! :rotfl: My favorite part of Disney movies is the beginning with the castle, fireworks and "when you wish upon a star"... my eyes water every time!!
Me too :rolleyes1

Jeanette Omg DL? As for the 3 day drive I would love to drive out to Cali, just think of all you will see on the way
So I mentioned it to DH :scared: he was like you want to DOUBLE the driving time with the kids :rotfl:

We can drink wine while stomping correct????:grouphug:
Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!! party:
Maybe our next couples trip...:upsidedow

No luck on snagging the BOG ADR. :-( I checked like 5 minutes after she said she canceled it. And checked website and called. Nothing...
:sad1:

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!! It's been a great day so far! Being 30 isn't so bad after all!!
My 30th I was about 8 months preggers with HRH, and it was 100 degrees out....so I missed all the hype, I was too hot and hungry :rotfl:

Happy birthday!!! I turn 30 next year and I'm in total panic mode lol
Sis, you look nowhere NEAR 30 :hug:

Just did online check-in! 20 days to go... :faint: Sorry... let me do it properly:

20 More Days!

So, I didn't realize but you can put a couple requests in online when you check in? Anywho, not that I know what I'm doing but I put:

CBR: Corner room, Second floor
AKL: Highest floor

I was torn whether to not put any requests on the AKL one but I think I'd rather not have a low floor if given the choice.:confused3

Sitting here and the dark clouds are rolling in, enough to turn on the street lights! Guess we'll be getting some thunderstorms after all. As long as I hear no sirens, I'm good.
:cheer2: In the teens today :dance3: So we had a 2nd floor room (really 1st floor with rooms if that makes sense) we LOVED the close up view!!!

I got so far behind! So many things to get caught up with!
To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!:cheer2:

Me too :rolleyes1

So I mentioned it to DH :scared: he was like you want to DOUBLE the driving time with the kids :rotfl:

We can drink wine while stomping correct????:grouphug:
Maybe our next couples trip...:upsidedow

:sad1:

My 30th I was about 8 months preggers with HRH, and it was 100 degrees out....so I missed all the hype, I was too hot and hungry :rotfl:

Sis, you look nowhere NEAR 30 :hug:

:cheer2: In the teens today :dance3: So we had a 2nd floor room (really 1st floor with rooms if that makes sense) we LOVED the close up view!!!

To catch you up....another RC....

CSR BC~2 connecting rooms (I was originally told none) the CM called the resort...they are limited but available. It cut my grand total in HALF!!! I am almost PIF now!!!!:cheer2:

Jeanette Kinda funny about you switching to CSR BC as I was looking at the room view pics someone posted on the CSR BC Thread and went to check availability for our dates, It became our favorite Mod when we stayed there before. But I would not save much so maybe next trip, I am really wanting to go back for F&G in March but I doubt it too close to this trip.

Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. :sad2: My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?

Sheila :yay::yay: I love getting new toys!
sis No more Poly? Gee, should I feign being surprised? ;) And thank you, but I feel like I'm 90. :sad2:

Good morning .... we're still talking about bugs???? :confused3

Did someone say DL???? I say yes .... Diva trip next Feb/Mar .... just imagine 65++ women in matching cute tee shirts, picture in front of the castle with everyone wearing a tiara .... and it looks like this year they're adding a pub crawl with everyone in an ORANGE shirt!!! party:

:thumbsup2 ADD my Vote!!!! I think that sounds like a mighty fine idea :) :)

Good afternoon ladies.

My trip is....disintegrating before my eyes. I don't know what's going on. :sad2: My BFF is having mental health issues. I still want to go, but I just don't know anymore. I'm worried about managing the two kids completely alone. What would my RC sisters do?
Awe, Dani!! So sorry to hear this! I wish I could go with you, I'd love to share time with you and the kiddos! Maybe one day we'll get to meet up together :)
As for now, what if you postpone your trip until maybe your mom can join you again? I'd hate for you to get there and feel lonely or overwhelmed! I hope it works out my friend!

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should buy my return airfare for my Diva trip now. I looked at airfare last night and the direct flight I bought a couple weeks ago (Edmonton to LAX) has gone up from the $269 I paid to $300 now - one way! I'm worried they may just continue rising. I'm thinking of flying home from SNA/Orange County airport as it is much smaller and only 15 min from Disneyland. It would make for a more leisurely departure day than fighting Los Angeles airport. / traffic. There is ONE seat left at the $280 price and I'm tempted to grab it. Flight buying is such a gamble! But I'm thinking maybe I should just buy it as I may or may not get a seat sale -- and at most I'd probably only save $50 anyway! Might be worth knowing I have my airfare secured.

I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure :)
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home :)
Enjoy your Saturday my friends! :hug:

Good afternoon ladies.

Sheila :yay::yay: I love getting new toys!
sis No more Poly? Gee, should I feign being surprised? ;) And thank you, but I feel like I'm 90. :sad2:

Dani Sorry to hear about your BFF:worried: As for your trip I am sure it could be quite a challenge taking the kiddos by yourself, not sure what to tell you. :hug:

Awe, Dani!! So sorry to hear this! I wish I could go with you, I'd love to share time with you and the kiddos! Maybe one day we'll get to meet up together :)
As for now, what if you postpone your trip until maybe your mom can join you again? I'd hate for you to get there and feel lonely or overwhelmed! I hope it works out my friend!

I'm having trouble deciding whether I should buy my return airfare for my Diva trip now. I looked at airfare last night and the direct flight I bought a couple weeks ago (Edmonton to LAX) has gone up from the $269 I paid to $300 now - one way! I'm worried they may just continue rising. I'm thinking of flying home from SNA/Orange County airport as it is much smaller and only 15 min from Disneyland. It would make for a more leisurely departure day than fighting Los Angeles airport. / traffic. There is ONE seat left at the $280 price and I'm tempted to grab it. Flight buying is such a gamble! But I'm thinking maybe I should just buy it as I may or may not get a seat sale -- and at most I'd probably only save $50 anyway! Might be worth knowing I have my airfare secured.

I'm jealous and excited today -- the trip I planned for my cousin and his boys in England is here! They are staying overnight in London and fly to Orlando in the morning! They check into Animal Kingdom Lodge tomorrow for 12 days of magical bliss - Deluxe park passes with park hoppers and waterparks and Deluxe dining!!!! They are spending one day at universal too! (Just taking a town car over from Disney for the day) I wish I could be there to share it with them!!! They'll have an awesome time I'm sure :)
It's our long weekend here (Victoria day) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend to relax at home :)

Marie Good luck with the flight. I had to buy my return, I was so worried about it going up more but I have to say I never paid so much to fly one way ever!

Marie Good luck with the flight. I had to buy my return, I was so worried about it going up more but I have to say I never paid so much to fly one way ever!

I got nervous and booked too! I'll be flying INTO LAX on FEB 25, and arriving around 12:30. Hopefully Christine will get a flight close to my time so we can take the shuttle together. I decided to fly OUT of SNA Orange County airport, as it is only 15 min from DL - less hectic on my departure day is better! I depart at 2:50 pm, so that gives me a leisurely morning for brunch and a last look about before heading out to the airport. The prices where a little higher than I liked ($269 EDMONTON to LAX / $280 SNA to EDMONTON) - gee, I could have flown to Florida for that! :eek: but at least it's booked and guaranteed. Also, breaking it up I to one way fares made it easier to budget and pay for, it didn't hurt as much as paying for it all at once would have! :upsidedow
I hate that booking airfare is such a gamble!! Now I'm hoping Christine finds good times and prices for her flights :flower3:

Jeanette Kinda funny about you switching to CSR BC as I was looking at the room view pics someone posted on the CSR BC Thread and went to check availability for our dates, It became our favorite Mod when we stayed there before. But I would not save much so maybe next trip, I am really wanting to go back for F&G in March but I doubt it too close to this trip.
I am always scared of the mods...too big..BUT we are guaranteed the location..and a slide at the pool :goodvibes PLUS I wanna go in Dec....:flower3:

Good afternoon ladies.

:hug: SIS!! I wish I could go sooner...you can totally do WDW alone with the kiddos..BUT it would help to have an extra adult to go with Danimal on the big rides and such. And just an extra set of hands at the pool...ugh..maybe back to August...share dates with me or Janet...SOMETHING will work out!!!:flower3: It wasn't easy with the girls alone, but it worked and we had fun!

Hi Marie :hug: I know they'll LOVE AKL! Hope everything else is "uneventful" with you!

I got nervous and booked too! I'll be flying INTO LAX on FEB 25, and arriving around 12:30. Hopefully Christine will get a flight close to my time so we can take the shuttle together. I decided to fly OUT of SNA Orange County airport, as it is only 15 min from DL - less hectic on my departure day is better! I depart at 2:50 pm, so that gives me a leisurely morning for brunch and a last look about before heading out to the airport. The prices where a little higher than I liked ($269 EDMONTON to LAX / $280 SNA to EDMONTON) - gee, I could have flown to Florida for that! :eek: but at least it's booked and guaranteed. Also, breaking it up I to one way fares made it easier to budget and pay for, it didn't hurt as much as paying for it all at once would have! :upsidedow
I hate that booking airfare is such a gamble!! Now I'm hoping Christine finds good times and prices for her flights :flower3:
:cheer2: Yay for flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie I agree about flying out of SNA, LAX can be a Zoo! I felt the same way when paing for my flights since I bought mine separate too, it dd not hurt as much as if I had bought RT.

Morning RC family!

Well the winning powerball ticket was bought on FL but it wasn't mine :(

Life is crazy as usual but we just keep moving forward one day at a time :) at least this week some if the crazy will be packing for our long weekend in Sarasota/Siesta Key! I seriously can't wait for a change of scenery!!!

Steven and I were taking a walk last week and I asked how he would feel if we did the beach or something else for vacation instead of Disney this winter. He thought about and said, no, he wants a full week in Disney ;) oh and we are only allowed to stay at CR or BLT. He cracks me up!!!

I know I have missed a ton but here is my quick attempt at a partial catch up...

Dani - I hate to see you cancel your trip, but how would you manage rides with Danimal without the second adult. Do you bite the bullet and buy a plane ticket for your mom or dad? HUGS!! I know how much you NEED this trip!!!

Jeanette - CSR, didn't you have that booked already, LOL! Good luck to DS this week!

Marie - woohoo on the return flight! Now you are all set!!! I can't wait to hear how your cousin likes his trip!!!

Jen - so glad you are having a great trip! Don't worry about the mommy stuff, we have all been there!

DznyCrzy - happy belated!!!

Wookie - I know you are enjoying your weekend fur baby sitting!!

Linda - congrats on the wedding!!! I am sure you will figure how to move your trip and still make is a super duper GG split :)

Koh - your DD is adorable! Looks like she was in sheer bliss!!

Shelia - how is the new camera?

Miss - your trip is right around the corner! Is miss M going to get over no SAB this trip or next trip??? Or will there be an RC in your future?

HUGS to Janet, Lacey, MAGIC, Candace and everyone else I am leaving out!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am always scared of the mods...too big..BUT we are guaranteed the location..and a slide at the pool :goodvibes PLUS I wanna go in Dec....:flower3:

:hug: SIS!! I wish I could go sooner...you can totally do WDW alone with the kiddos..BUT it would help to have an extra adult to go with Danimal on the big rides and such. And just an extra set of hands at the pool...ugh..maybe back to August...share dates with me or Janet...SOMETHING will work out!!!:flower3: It wasn't easy with the girls alone, but it worked and we had fun!

Hi Marie :hug: I know they'll LOVE AKL! Hope everything else is "uneventful" with you!

:cheer2: Yay for flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette Before CSR we only had stayed at POFQ 2X, I had wanted to try CBR but Bob said no same with Riverside, although at the time it was Dixie Landings because of the size. We arrived at CSR on opening Day and were placed in Casitas 1 which is now preferred, perfect location plus I am not sure but I think perhaps it opened in stages since I think there was only 1 bus stop. I could get Bob back there since he has no clue how big the resort is now. :rotfl2:

Morning RC family!

Life is crazy as usual but we just keep moving forward one day at a time :) at least this week some if the crazy will be packing for our long weekend in Sarasota/Siesta Key! I seriously can't wait for a change of scenery!!!

Steven and I were taking a walk last week and I asked how he would feel if we did the beach or something else for vacation instead of Disney this winter. He thought about and said, no, he wants a full week in Disney ;) oh and we are only allowed to stay at CR or BLT. He cracks me up!!!

I know I have missed a ton but here is my quick attempt at a partial catch up...

Dani - I hate to see you cancel your trip, but how would you manage rides with Danimal without the second adult. Do you bite the bullet and buy a plane ticket for your mom or dad? HUGS!! I know how much you NEED this trip!!!

Jeanette - CSR, didn't you have that booked already, LOL! Good luck to DS this week!

Marie - woohoo on the return flight! Now you are all set!!! I can't wait to hear how your cousin likes his trip!!!

Jen - so glad you are having a great trip! Don't worry about the mommy stuff, we have all been there!

DznyCrzy - happy belated!!!

Wookie - I know you are enjoying your weekend fur baby sitting!!

Linda - congrats on the wedding!!! I am sure you will figure how to move your trip and still make is a super duper GG split :)

Koh - your DD is adorable! Looks like she was in sheer bliss!!

Shelia - how is the new camera?

Miss - your trip is right around the corner! Is miss M going to get over no SAB this trip or next trip??? Or will there be an RC in your future?

HUGS to Janet, Lacey, MAGIC, Candace and everyone else I am leaving out!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Melissa Shucks, darn there goes the big DIS party, I never did buy any tickets, I had planned on getting some then I just decided I wasn't going to win anyway so I kept my money :rotfl:

I played with the cam a bit will need to play a lot more before my trip :yay: So far I love it!

Maybe next time :hug: Enjoy the beach next weekend :cheer2::beach:

Jeanette Before CSR we only had stayed at POFQ 2X, I had wanted to try CBR but Bob said no same with Riverside, although at the time it was Dixie Landings because of the size. We arrived at CSR on opening Day and were placed in Casitas 1 which is now preferred, perfect location plus I am not sure but I think perhaps it opened in stages since I think there was only 1 bus stop. I could get Bob back there since he has no clue how big the resort is now. :rotfl2:
About CSR :rolleyes1 The girls REALLY want to be by the castle........so I have a new ticker;)

Maybe next time :hug: Enjoy the beach next weekend :cheer2::beach:

About CSR :rolleyes1 The girls REALLY want to be by the castle........so I have a new ticker;)

I can't see the tickers on the iPad app. Do tell!! Are we back to a sandwich??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:rotfl: My bad.....WL CL :banana::banana::banana:

I approve!!! :thumbsup2

So, last night we were discussing our 2014 vacation options and DH brings up the Caribbean again, specifically Turks and Caicos....soooo, we price it out and it's really doable. DH says Mickey will be there when we get back, yada,yada,yada....we are all kind of excited about it...until this morning...when we were reading a thread of funny Disney pictures and then took out our pictures and started wanting to be at Disney again.....:rotfl2:

DH and I both agree that Disney is crack!!!! :laughing:

I approve!!! :thumbsup2

So, last night we were discussing our 2014 vacation options and DH brings up the Caribbean again, specifically Turks and Caicos....soooo, we price it out and it's really doable. DH says Mickey will be there when we get back, yada,yada,yada....we are all kind of excited about it...until this morning...when we were reading a thread of funny Disney pictures and then took out our pictures and started wanting to be at Disney again.....:rotfl2:

DH and I both agree that Disney is crack!!!! :laughing:

Yes...crack disguised as pixie dust :lmao:

I know you LOVE our OFC Candace!!! I was really attempting a budget, but2014 is a no Disney year so IT'S ON!!:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter