Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wookie, EDITED Again! :) now I'm not sure what time the fireworks started the year we were there...:)..did a google search for you .. seems 2012 parades were at 8:15 pm and 10:30 pm...and HalloWishes were at 9:30 pm....so FWIW, that's what I found:)

The parade is fabulous... as you probably know, it starts with the headless horseman!! :yay:

You should have plenty of time to make a 8:05pm ADR at Ohana leaving at 7pm. Remember that a good portion of people will be staying on for the party.

Not sure on the transpo question - other ladies are sure to know. :)

Sorry, think I had a "senior" moment :laughing: (probably added you and got timed out...) you are on the list now!!

Thank you Janet!!:goodvibes

Super excited about my first monorail resort!! (And the one my family wants to stay at the least....perfect opportunity!!) :thumbsup2

Thanks Janet & Wookie! :grouphug: The poor woman cutting her hair had to kneel on the ground (with Miss M standing the whole time) just to make sure it was even. :faint: Horrible mommy that I am, she hasn't had it trimmed since right before school started! :blush: It was getting a bit crunchy on the ends, to say the least. :laughing:

I think you'll have enough time, if you leave at 7 or maybe a couple few minutes before if you see a rush of folks leaving. You can always take a gander at lines for the monorail vs. the ferry. Sometimes, getting the Express and walking from the TTC over to the Poly is quicker. (Actually both times we stayed at the Poly, we only rode the resort monorail twice.) The walk from the TTC to the Poly is only about 5 minutes and you can even take a lil' stroll through the grounds instead of walking around the front.

Her hair is gorgeous!! :goodvibes

If your horrible, than I don't know what I am....neither of my girls has even had a trim and they both have hair down to their butts. :lmao:

oooo, if the fireworks aren't until around 10 PM, then maybe we'll have enough time to eat and then get onto the beach with a Lapu Lapu by firework time.

Wookie, if the fireworks do start at 9:30 pm, you might have a good seat for viewing HalloWishes from your table. We had an ADR at O'hana on a night we didn't attend the party, and had a great view of the fireworks. :goodvibes

Thanks Janet & Wookie! :grouphug: The poor woman cutting her hair had to kneel on the ground (with Miss M standing the whole time) just to make sure it was even. :faint: Horrible mommy that I am, she hasn't had it trimmed since right before school started! :blush: It was getting a bit crunchy on the ends, to say the least. :laughing:

No, not horrible!! It's hard to cut that beautiful hair! Does Miss M love the new look? btw, love the "crunchy" description! :rotfl2:

Thank you Janet!!:goodvibes

Super excited about my first monorail resort!! (And the one my family wants to stay at the least....perfect opportunity!!) :thumbsup2

You're welcome!:goodvibes And I would be super excited too about staying on a monorail... it is defintely meant to be since the rest of the family is not as keen on CR as the other monorail resorts... you two will have a blast! :cool1:

And, besides the whole walking distance to MK and monorail to Epcot and it being your fam's least-desired monorail resort, you can pop on over to the Poly for yummy drinks served in pineapples! :worship:

Her hair is gorgeous!! :goodvibes

If your horrible, than I don't know what I am....neither of my girls has even had a trim and they both have hair down to their butts. :lmao:

No, not horrible!! It's hard to cut that beautiful hair! Does Miss M love the new look? btw, love the "crunchy" description! :rotfl2:

Hahaha, thank ya to both of you. For whatever reason, probably the chlorine from swimming, the ends of her hair actually start to look and even sound like straw by the end of summer. :laughing: We found this spray stuff at Target that helps with the crunchies a teensy-tiny bit. :confused:

~~------------------------------~~

We went on a walk down to the drugstore. Just to get outside and walk... so here I am telling Miss M, "Yeah, you need to get your exercise so you can do lots of walking this October."

And, besides the whole walking distance to MK and monorail to Epcot and it being your fam's least-desired monorail resort, you can pop on over to the Poly for yummy drinks served in pineapples! :worship:

Hahaha, thank ya to both of you. For whatever reason, probably the chlorine from swimming, the ends of her hair actually start to look and even sound like straw by the end of summer. :laughing: We found this spray stuff at Target that helps with the crunchies a teensy-tiny bit. :confused:

~~------------------------------~~

We went on a walk down to the drugstore. Just to get outside and walk... so here I am telling Miss M, "Yeah, you need to get your exercise so you can do lots of walking this October."

Hi Miss...just sent you an email!:goodvibes

Wookie, if the fireworks do start at 9:30 pm, you might have a good seat for viewing HalloWishes from your table. We had an ADR at O'hana on a night we didn't attend the party, and had a great view of the fireworks. :goodvibes

Sweet!! As long as we see them, either from our table or the beach.

Another question, what do y'all think will be the best way to get back to the AKL from the Poly? Can we walk over to the T&TC and get a bus to the AKL, or take the monorail from the Poly to the MK and take a bus to the AKL?

I need to start doing that.

When I checked this morning, we had already gotten our refund back from Disney. I thought she said on the phone it was only going to be $199, but it was $399. I went right to the Dallas Sci-Fi Con website and bought tickets for Sunday. I can't wait to go!!

letthewookiewin said:
Sweet!! As long as we see them, either from our table or the beach.

Another question, what do y'all think will be the best way to get back to the AKL from the Poly? Can we walk over to the T&TC and get a bus to the AKL, or take the monorail from the Poly to the MK and take a bus to the AKL?

Yeah, if your reservation is at 7:50, then you might even be done with dinner by the time the fireworks starts. I think it would be better watching the fireworks from the beach. I've never watched them from Ohana but outside they pipe in the music through the outdoor speakers.

I don't think there's an AKL bus at TTC but if so, that would be your best option. The TTC is just a short walk from the Poly. Otherwise you could take the boat or monorail to MK and take the AKL bus from there.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Yeah, if your reservation is at 7:50, then you might even be done with dinner by the time the fireworks starts. I think it would be better watching the fireworks from the beach. I've never watched them from Ohana but outside they pipe in the music through the outdoor speakers.

I don't think there's an AKL bus at TTC but if so, that would be your best option. The TTC is just a short walk from the Poly. Otherwise you could take the boat or monorail to MK and take the AKL bus from there.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Well our actual reservation isn't until 8:10, but I like to check in 15 to 20 minutes early. I can't stand being late, which is why I would rather show up to class 2 hours early than take a chance and hit traffic and be 5 minutes late. I'm not even sure the DH would be willing to stick around after we eat, if the fireworks haven't happened yet. He'll probably want to get back to the resort.

I wasn't sure if there would be a bus at the T&TC for the resorts or not.

Anyone know if the pool at the AKL has hours it's opened, like SAB, or is it like the pool at the PC where you can swim (without a lifeguard) as long as your quiet?

letthewookiewin said:
Well our actual reservation isn't until 8:10, but I like to check in 15 to 20 minutes early. I can't stand being late, which is why I would rather show up to class 2 hours early than take a chance and hit traffic and be 5 minutes late. I'm not even sure the DH would be willing to stick around after we eat, if the fireworks haven't happened yet. He'll probably want to get back to the resort.

I wasn't sure if there would be a bus at the T&TC for the resorts or not.

Anyone know if the pool at the AKL has hours it's opened, like SAB, or is it like the pool at the PC where you can swim (without a lifeguard) as long as your quiet?

Oh, ok, I see. If they are able to seat you right at 8:10 you might be done before the fireworks. Oh, tell your DH you're there so you might as well wait a few minutes. :) Besides, sitting on the beach with a drink in hand is pretty relaxing by itself!! Don't forget they also have a pool bar!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Hello :wave2: Just popping in quickly while Steven is taking his Social Studies test and doesn't need me. I am not even going to try to catch up, so just know that I am thinking about everyone and skimming through the posts when I get a chance. Just a few things before I go MIA again ;)

Jeanette - Happy Belated Birthday to Bree!!! :bday:

Jen - Have a fantastic trip! Are the girls still going crazy with excitement? :dance3:

Yesterday while Steven was doing some school work I started to look at the days for our Feb trip, so I have an idea of what I want to book on our ADR day which is a still a little less than 3 months away :rotfl2: DH still never got his bonus from 2012 (whole company thing is still a mess) so he keeps making sure I know the trip is not a definite. But the kids keep saying how much they miss Disney already so I don't think he will really deny them the trip, we just may need to make it shorter and possibly even make a RC :eek:

Well off to keep playing teacher to my guy....summer vacation really cannot get here soon enough ::yes::

:grouphug:
Melissa

Hello and Good Morning to all of you... :goodvibes

Jen: :hug: Thanks my lovely friend. One. More. Daaaaaaaaaaaay! :banana::banana::banana:

Melissa: You are one bad*** momma, you know that? :hug:

Janet, you might kill me... :duck: (Don't kill me, don't kill me Princess of POP!)

I need a stern talking to from you lot. I need help. HALP HALP! :lmao: (Well, of the professional variety too but that's another matter entirely.)

Here's the deal...

It looks like we could stay at CBR for about $60 more than Pop. What would you guys do? Never stayed at either so I'm :confused:

Missoutandabout said:

Jen: :hug: Thanks my lovely friend. One. More. Daaaaaaaaaaaay! :banana::banana::banana:

Janet, you might kill me... :duck: (Don't kill me, don't kill me Princess of POP!)

I need a stern talking to from you lot. I need help. HALP HALP! :lmao: (Well, of the professional variety too but that's another matter entirely.)

Here's the deal...

It looks like we could stay at CBR for about $60 more than Pop. What would you guys do? Never stayed at either so I'm :confused:

I would pay $60 more and stay at CBR!! We stayed there in 2009 and liked it.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Here's the deal...

Here is my two cents, take it for what it is worth :laughing:

I did like CBR, the decor, the atmosphere, the food court, etc...but my biggest complaint was how big the resort was and how long it took us to walk to the food court and to catch the buses. Now keep in mind it was a long time ago and I was pushing a carriage and carrying a diaper bag, so without the crap probably not as bad. Rooms are bigger than Pop and I think they have queen size beds now (but I am not positive). Hmmm, why do I think from here you will just end up at AKL for the entire stay :rolleyes1

Sent from my GalaxyS II

No bus from TTC, so you'd be better off either walking to TTC and getting monorail for MK or EP and getting AKL bus from there or monorail to MK and catch bus. Not sure which would be faster...

My transportation wizard app says it'd take 40 minutes to take monorail to MK then bus to AKL. Not sure about TTC monorail to Epcot then AKL bus since it doesn't give that as an option.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Afternoon Peeps!! :goodvibes

Here's the deal...

Miss, hey no killing here my friend!! This princess wants her friends to be happy wherever they stay! :goodvibes And $60 is not much to switch to a mod...

Only visited CBR ... it is a large resort like Melissa stated. The pool was redone a few years back and the pirate theme looks really cool. CBR does have have multiple bus stops...I would probably get a preferred room to be closer to the pool/main bldg. Double beds at CBR ... Disney began outfitting the mods with queens beginning with the CSR refurb, then the two POR followed). CBR does have the largest rooms of the mods at about 344 sq ft.

Pop has great bus service, food court, CMs... which doesn't mean CBR doesn't, just don't have the experience of staying there....

Theming wise, POP stikes me as a more "fun" resort for Miss M ...oversize icons, water games at the Hippy Dippy Pool, that great nostalgic feeling you get walking around POP... you can play twister with Miss M, teach her the hustle in the lobby...:hippie: ...also you can stroll over to AoA, it's such a colorful resort...check out the AoA offerings... OTOH, CBR does have the water slides/pirate themed pool, relaxed feeling....decisions, decisions!!

Given that you are splitting with AKL, I would lean towards keeping POP (total imparitality here :))

To me it's a win-win.... no matter what you decide you will be experiencing two new resorts... you heading back to the World... with your fam... and experiencing SWW.. life is good!!! :flower3:

Here is my two cents, take it for what it is worth :laughing:

I did like CBR, the decor, the atmosphere, the food court, etc...but my biggest complaint was how big the resort was and how long it took us to walk to the food court and to catch the buses. Now keep in mind it was a long time ago and I was pushing a carriage and carrying a diaper bag, so without the crap probably not as bad. Rooms are bigger than Pop and I think they have queen size beds now (but I am not positive). Hmmm, why do I think from here you will just end up at AKL for the entire stay :rolleyes1

No queens yet, but I've seen some test rooms so they should be starting a refurb soon?? Otherwise they are still doubles. One of the reasons why I opted not to do CBR when we were looking at mods...

Jen, ONE MORE DAY!! :banana::banana::banana:

Koh, :wave2:

and for June!!! :goodvibes

When I checked this morning, we had already gotten our refund back from Disney. I thought she said on the phone it was only going to be $199, but it was $399. I went right to the Dallas Sci-Fi Con website and bought tickets for Sunday. I can't wait to go!!

YEAH!! :cool1:It's like found money, isn't it?? ::yes:: Have fun at the Dallas Sci Fi Con!!

Hello :wave2: Just popping in quickly while Steven is taking his Social Studies test and doesn't need me. I am not even going to try to catch up, so just know that I am thinking about everyone and skimming through the posts when I get a chance. Just a few things before I go MIA again ;)

Yesterday while Steven was doing some school work I started to look at the days for our Feb trip, so I have an idea of what I want to book on our ADR day which is a still a little less than 3 months away :rotfl2: DH still never got his bonus from 2012 (whole company thing is still a mess) so he keeps making sure I know the trip is not a definite. But the kids keep saying how much they miss Disney already so I don't think he will really deny them the trip, we just may need to make it shorter and possibly even make a RC :eek:

Well off to keep playing teacher to my guy....summer vacation really cannot get here soon enough ::yes::

:grouphug:
Melissa

hey Melissa!! you great mom/teacher/baker!! you rock! Hope Steven does well on the test....maybe if the kids are missing Disney can you fit a weekend trip in the summer? :) Rates do drop late July/august....

Jen, ONE MORE DAY!! :banana::banana::banana:

Koh, :wave2:

and for June!!! :goodvibes

YEAH!! :cool1:It's like found money, isn't it?? ::yes:: Have fun at the Dallas Sci Fi Con!!

hey Melissa!! you great mom/teacher/baker!! you rock! Hope Steven does well on the test....maybe if the kids are missing Disney can you fit a weekend trip in the summer? :) Rates do drop late July/august....

Yes, Melissa, August is always good! :-)

No bus from TTC, so you'd be better off either walking to TTC and getting monorail for MK or EP and getting AKL bus from there or monorail to MK and catch bus. Not sure which would be faster...

My transportation wizard app says it'd take 40 minutes to take monorail to MK then bus to AKL. Not sure about TTC monorail to Epcot then AKL bus since it doesn't give that as an option.

For some reason, I was just afraid the monorail wouldn't be working through out this entire party, but it should be working during the party right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter