Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

You sure did make my head spin this morning! :faint:

:rotfl2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Why is the system down.....argh!!!

Ds goes for surgery May 23

Hrh has a negative MRI....woohoo

Bree heads back to cardiologist next week...chest pain :(

All in all....we are all good :) just being cautious with Bree. Ent said ds will be fine for Disney!!!

4. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Yeah for good news!! What are you trying to change......?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

So glad to hear of the negative MRI....and you can never be too cautious with the kiddos.:hug:

6. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to your little princess!!! princess:

Well guess I won't be doing my ADRs this morning for the 2nd half of my trip!!! :furious: So glad I got BOG for the first half on my trip! :thumbsup2

I did enjoy my week at WBC. The walk around the lake was really nice, enjoyed my balcony view of the lake and pool, the pools were really fun ... the only thing I didn't like was the free shuttle. This isn't a factor for you as you'll have your own car. Actually the only problem with the shuttle was that it didn't run from about noon until 3 or 4 pm .... this seemed to always be the time I wanted to head back for a little pool time.

Also as Magic mentioned all the Marriott timeshares are nice. I've stayed in them in San Diego, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Lake Tahoe, Park City and two different resorts in Orlando. The Grannies will be trying out another one in December.

I am know as a bit of a split stayer (is that a word???) but even for me this is a lot. I've found that for me except for arrival or departure nights when I'm just adding on because of airfare I really need at least two nights to really enjoy what the resort has to offer.

You are such a good mama! :hug:

7. Grumpy Grandma

Thank you all for the warm welcome back!!! Sue M I was amazed that from Seattle I could be in Portland in 2 1/2 hours and Whistler in 3!!! There just seem to be so much to do in that area. After a nice cool weekend up there I came back to 90+ here in Sacramento. The sunshine in CA is nice but where I am there are 3+ months of the year when I really don't go outside during the day because of the heat. Next step is to get DH up there to see what he thinks! :cool1:

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Well, as one trip has come to an end, the planning for another has just begun....:rotfl:

Question?? Aiming for April, but due to DH work schedule, might have to do August....thoughts???

Obviously we did July last year....is August much different? Thinking at the end of August there will be very low crowds??? :confused3

9. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Heat wise not much difference. Late August you should have lower crowds because most kids will be back in school. I liked September when we went. Crowds were not an issue at all and we got to do MNSSHP! :-)

10. sjs314

Jeanette fantastic news about HRH's MRI! Hope all is good with Bree :goodvibes
    You broke the system is why it is down for maintenance :lmao:

MM We went twice in August the first week and the last week and I do not recall the crowds but the thing I remember even more than the oppressive heat and humidity was the rain. We had a few downpours that lasted a while, I am a rain hater and even worse is sweating under a poncho in that heat. Did I mention when you stepped outside it was like walking into an oven even in the morning. If possible I would try to avoid August. We did the August trips due to Sports and school, I could never go during August now that I am older.

11. sjs314

12. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

Oh my. I'm at a loss for words.:goodvibes You very much belong here! ::yes:: The most splitting I've done is 4 resorts in 9 nights. It was a bit much in hindsight, but we had an absolute blast at the time!

Oooh. We have TONS of Marriott Rewards. I may have to look into this. Thanks! :goodvibes

Yay for HRH! :banana: Keeping her and Bree and DS in my thoughts. :hug:

So whatcha changing? popcorn::

Boo! Sorry to you and petey

More good info. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Well, it's not my favorite time to go, but did do August last year and I'm doing it again this year if that means anything. :confused3 Although I will say April is my new favorite time! ::yes::

Happy Birthday to your DD! :bday:

Oh no! Get some 'Ohana and Kona pics quick!!!!!!

Will have to check out that blog. Thanks! :surfweb:

----------

As I'm sure is no surprise to anyone here, I'm already pulling back from the idea of offsite. I want my YC. I want to price out a Poly CL/YC CL spit. Probably 3 and 5. Stoopid magical system upgrades. :badpc: I toyed with dropping CL but DH will hear none of that. :confused3 He is more of a princess than I am! :rolleyes:princess:

13. i_heart_the_mouse

14. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

April is one of my favorite times to go too...that's when DH and I were engaged. :-) will definitely hold a special place...

15. peteykirch

peteykirch Mouseketeer

Well, I was able to make the majority of reservations via the telephone. Got the coveted Be Our Guest dinner, along with a few of my other favorite restaurants.

16. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Promise promise promise to catchup this evening. Steven now has modified days at school which for the time being means he is only at at school for about 2 hours then does the rest of his work at home with me. Missing my RC family :(

HUGS,
    Melissa

17. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Hang in there! And don't worry about catching up. :-) you certainly don't need extra stress! Sending hugs and positive thoughts/prayers your way.

18. Grumpy Grandma

Yay! Glad you got BOG .... I think you will enjoy it. I haven't even checked yet today to see if the website is back up or not .... guess I better do that! :cool1:

I really hope this works for both you and Steven. Maybe more time at home will be good for him .... less stressful? Hugs! :hug:

19. i_heart_the_mouse

I can see why! :lovestruc

:cool1:

Miss you too! :hug: Take care of yourself too, ok? :)

20. sjs314

i_heartAll I can say is WOW!

petey Glad you were able to finally make your ADRs :thumbsup2

21. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

I know several of y'all have been this year, and I was wondering if you have a picture of the refillable mug. JM was asking if they would look the same, or different. I assumed it would be different, or at least I hope they are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.