Our little Family of three! June 12-17, 2010

DD woke up about 5:30am this morning crying. I met her in the hall way and this is what she had to say between sobs

"I had a bad dream that our Disneyland trip was canceled".

I had to bite my tongue to not laugh! What a sweetheart! Mommy would wake up crying from that one too.

DD woke up about 5:30am this morning crying. I met her in the hall way and this is what she had to say between sobs

"I had a bad dream that our Disneyland trip was canceled".

I had to bite my tongue to not laugh! What a sweetheart! Mommy would wake up crying from that one too.

Oh, how sad! I would've had a hard time not smiling if DD had done that. One more day and she can stop worrying. :thumbsup2

We just got home from the airport and I need to get some sleep! I will slowly work on our report this weekend! We had a blast! I took a lot of the ideas from here and really think that made the trip!!!

Today was travel day! Started out with a stupid decision on DH's part, but oh well!

I had a coupon for MasterPark at the airport. It was $59.95 for 5 days, and $12 for each day after that. Pretty good deal, if you ask me! DH decided to just check on how much it was to park at the airport. He went through, got a ticket, kind of hard to turn around now, and I saw the sign, $130 for 5-7 days. YIKES!! :confused3

Oh well! FIL had put us on the guest list at the Alaska Air Board Room, so we were able to relax in there before heading to our gate. DD and I sat together and DH was the row in front of us. DD was difficult to keep occupied, but she was very well behaved! We arrived and rushed through the airport with 5 minutes until the Disneyland Express left and we would have to wait another hour. Perfect timing! Thank goodness we did all carry ons!

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel. Great hotel. Only issue is next time if we stayed there we would ask for a second floor room. The people above us were loud and probably anyone would have made the same amout of noise. I was a bit surprised when we checked in and I had an envelope with a voucher for 2 classic breakfasts for each morning!! I had recently become the hotels friend on FB, and wonder if that is why I was treated! We only used it once, we had brought our own oatmeal for breakfasts, and found that to be quicker when we were trying to get out the door.

After getting checked in DH walked down Katella to the Liquor store and got some stuff so we could have night caps each evening. It ended up being a perfect way to unwind while waiting for DD to fall asleep.

For dinner we walked down to GardenWalk and met my cousin at the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. When we first got there we walked around a bit. There seemed to be a lot of empty stores and it was not very busy. Not sure if the place is just slow to get going or what, but I was a little surprised. CPK was great! DH and I shared a Club Pizza, loved it! DD had a kids pizza and only ate half, so DH got the other half! DH and DD walked back and my cousin took me to Target to get some items we did not pack since we carried on our luggage.

We were in bed by 9, and laid in better at 9:30 listening to the fireworks from DL! Never actually went outside to see if you could see them, but they were sure loud!

Could not wait to get to the parks the next day!

Two pictures from around the Garden Walk, I loved the second one:

001.jpg

002.jpg

Well the way that I normally do it is I post them on photobucket.com and then I pot the image code on the post. But photobucket doesn't seem to want to upload my pictures.

Koalagirl5,
It was great to meet you!! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Yay! It was fun to meet you too! Your little one is adorable. Before I knew who you guys were, I was enjoying listening to her talk about Handy Manny while waiting in line. I met so many nice people during our trip, besides you of course, that it made up for the crazy hordes of rude people. :rotfl:

Yay! It was fun to meet you too! Your little one is adorable. Before I knew who you guys were, I was enjoying listening to her talk about Handy Manny while waiting in line. I met so many nice people during our trip, besides you of course, that it made up for the crazy hordes of rude people. :rotfl:

Wasn't it insane? I was amazed. But there a lot of amazing people there and the cast members were exceptional too. Glad to see you back. We will need to compare notes.

Well the way that I normally do it is I post them on photobucket.com and then I pot the image code on the post. But photobucket doesn't seem to want to upload my pictures.

Thank you! Some pictures were added to my first day. More to come!

Our first day!!! I wanted to get to Disneyland for the rope drop. Didn't quite make it, but pretty close. Park opened at 8am, we arrived shortly after that. We did oatmeal with dried fruit mixed in for a quick breakfast in our room.

We walked to the park, never onced used ART, and DD was so excited! Last time we visited DD wasn't tall enough for Thunder Mountain. We walked on the ride, waited all of 5 long minutes! She kind of liked it, but thought it was too fast and never did it again! We maybe should have waited on it, but she had fun! DH went again really quick by himself, since the first time he was holding on to DD for dear life! We stood where we could watch him! Next it was over to Winnie the Pooh, and to try Splash Mountain. Another new one for DD. She was okay with it, not too sure of the drop, and did not like getting wet. It was early, and a bit overcast, so should have maybe waited. But we were so excited about no lines! Our picture is funny, DH was holding on to DD and she looked terrified. DD never did that one again either.

Next we did some tamer rides, including Dumbo, It's a Small World, Pirates, Tarzan's tree house, and Jungle Cruise. We also did the Storyland boats, since we had not done that last time. DD got to sit up front. What a cute ride, and loved the stories! Oh, and of course, the Carousel!

We decided to do the Golden Horse Shoe review with Bill and the Hillbillies. Dh and I split the fish and chips and DD had a power pack. I must put in a plug for the power packs, I think they are healthier for kids than fried chicken nuggets, and that was the only other option. We watched the show for a bit before deciding to head back to the hotel. We had DD lay and rest at the hotel for 30 minutes and hit the pool. We decided to get some appetizers at the hotel because we had a late reservation for WOC dining.

After the rest and swim we headed to DCA! We saw our first character! Minnie in her pilot outfit! DD would not go by herself (she was back and fourth with this all week), so we have a nice family picture with Minnie!

DH and I both wanted to try Tower of Terror. DD was tall enough, but did not want to do it, and I think it would freak her out. We decided to try child swap, MISTAKE! The reason she did not want to do it was because it would scare her. I wish we had known she would have to ride the elevator with us. The elevator freaked her out a bit. Once up there though it worked out. After DH was done they brought him out the maintenance door back to the line where I was waiting. He went back in to the exit when they let me on. I loved it! DH was so-so (he thought a later ride on it was better).

We got FP for Screamin and both tried MailBoomer. DD enjoyed watching us each do the rides and encouraged us to take turns! She was too cute!

We wasted some time looking around and did the Catepillar ride in Bug's Land. We also caught the Pixar Parade. They changed the route since last time we were there, so I am so glad someone overhead us talking about it and mentioned they had changed it. We watched from in front of WCT, we were in the back, so DD sat on DH's shoulders, and we had a view as they came toward us from Paradise Pier, so pretty good view.

I think I will do my WOC review in a seperate entry, that will be next.

Some pictures from the day:

030.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

Okay, here is our WOC review.

We had originally made a 7:20 reservation at AG for Sunday June 13, they called the day after we made it and changed it to 7:40. We tried to check in early and they would not let us. We finally checked in at 7:30. We were seated probably around 8:00. Service was actually pretty quick.

We had two choices for the appetizer. I was bumbed about this, I had loved the appetizer at AG for the Princess lunch last year. DH did not want the clams, so we got the veggie and cheese. I wish we had gotten the other, oh well. I ordered a fun cocktail with an ice cube that glows! I got to bring it home! Fun toy! DH ordered the chicken breast, I got the sausage and pasta, and DD got the meatball lollipops. I loved my dish! DD did not eat a whole lot. DH ate most of his and thought it was okay. My first complaint, we had no time to enjoy the appetizer before we got our dish. Yes, great, fast service, but almost too fast. Our waiter even mentioned with the special dining it was quicker, like they were trying to push people through. I did over hear someone say they were booked. We got the desert, and it was a lot of chocolate. DD ate the white chocolate picture, as she did with the white chocolate Ariel, and she ate the berries. DH is not much of a dessert person, and I ate a lot of it! I must say, I was feeling pretty full!!! We got our bill just as the first show started. Our waiter told us to head to in front of WCT and gave us our tickets.

DH was tempted to stop and watch the first show because DD was getting tired. I REFUSED!! We asked a couple of CMs and finally got in our line, probably about 9:15 or so. Line was not very long, I was surprised. Second complaint, I was not happy they had us waiting so close to where the show was. We could hear it all, and see the lasers. I wish we had been further away.

{side note: we met a great woman that introduced DD to pin trading, we have a future plan!!}

Once the first show was over, we watched the crowd spill out. They let us in, and DD and I stood in one good spot, while DH walked around to make sure we had a good spot. We ended up just above the circle fountain area at a rail. We had a great view! No one in front of us, and figured it would be perfect for DD. Here is the view from our location:

044.jpg

Well, that brings me to complaint three, it was way too loud. DD did not like the noise level, and DH had to hold her most of the time. We were back far enough to see it all (another hint picked up from online!), and did not get wet! The show was great (will add later my comparison to Fantasmic). DH thought it was okay, but too loud. Really, we should have done the first show probably, even with a rest, DD was tired. The Preferred Viewing area seemed pretty bare.

They exited us around by Grizzly Run, and we exited through GCH.

Overall, I would do the dining again! Especially after watching people standing line all morning Monday for a FP! It was well worth it. Also, with the second show, we did not have to wait in line to long. It was a great show, very well put together. We enjoyed it!

Here is DD in all of her tired craziness:

046.jpg

Wasn't it insane? I was amazed. But there a lot of amazing people there and the cast members were exceptional too. Glad to see you back. We will need to compare notes.

Yes, crazy busy Monday and Tuesday. CM were awesome! I have to say, a couple characters seemed a little cold, especially a couple of princesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter