• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

11/16/15: Revisited - Magic Kingdom

I didn’t think my plans would change that much once the hours came out, but I should have known better!! However, this day hasn’t changed all that much. We still plan on visiting Magic Kingdom this day. I’m a bit nervous though because all crowd calendars are saying to avoid MK on this day, but I think we will stick to the plan and go to MK on this day.

We will take advantage of EMH hours and I can’t wait to see the Welcome Show. I get teary-eyed every time!! I will shoot to be there about 7:30am.

V8MzX8r.jpg

Image from Google Images

During my pre-parent days I enjoyed starting in Adventureland and making my way around from there, but it doesn’t look like there is anything open in Adventureland during the EMH AM Hours. We could always make our way to 7DMT with the rest of the crowd, but I think we will Fast Pass that and head over to Tomorrowland. I’m including a tentative plan and estimated timeframes (these are just guesses and are not set in stone). I would love to get some suggestions from everyone and please let me know if you think my timeframes are WAY off.

Tomorrowland! – estimated time 8:30 – 10:30am (this accounts for time spent on Main Street and taking pictures)

Buzz Lightyear

Space Mountain

pXJGKUZ.jpg

Carousel of Progress (a must for me!)

EG8rrey.jpg

Image from Allears.net

PeopleMover

Fantasyland! – estimated time 10:30-12:00pm

7DMT (Fast Pass scheduled 10:30-11:30)

Peter Pan (if wait is not too crazy…I don’t mind waiting standby because I’m curious to check out the new queue interactions)

It’s a Small World (another must for me)

A stop off at Tangled bathrooms!

7Us3L3t.png

Liberty Square (12:30 – 2:30pm = includes time for lunch)

Lunch (12:30pm): Columbia Harbour House (upstairs!) – Quick Service Credit

sTP5HCP.jpg

Image from disneyfoodblog.com

Haunted Mansion

Liberty Belle (I have not done this in years)

Frontierland! (2:30 – 4:00pm)

Thunder Mountain (2:30 – 3:30 Fast Pass)

Splash Mountain (3:30 – 4:30 Fast Pass)

· I will try for a 4th FP at this point and try and snag one for POTC

Adventureland! (4:00 – 5:00pm)

POTC (this is an absolute must and Keith about through a fit when I told him they were closing this for an extended period of time. Good thing it will be back open when we go).

LZSuQBI.jpg

Jungle Cruise (might actually be Jingle Cruise at this time, if we don’t have time we will skip this and catch it later in the week)

If my time estimates are right we will head out to our ADR for dinner. My plan for dinner is to try and get an ADR @ 6pm for ‘Ohana (TS). I would like to head down to the beach after dinner to watch Wishes from there (looks like Wishes is scheduled for 8pm this night). Has anyone done this…what are your thoughts? From there we will catch the monorail back to the TTC and take the car back to Pop, and call it a day.

What a lovely idea to watch Wishes from the beach. :cloud9: I've never done that before - how romantic! :lovestruc

What a lovely idea to watch Wishes from the beach. :cloud9: I've never done that before - how romantic! :lovestruc

I thought the same thing! I have never viewed Wishes from there, and have read about it on other TRs and thought this might be the perfect opportunity to check it out!

I did it!!! I made our reservations today!!!! :) 11/15-11/20 at Pop Century with Disney Dining Plan, 5 Day Park Hoppers and 2 Tickets to MVMCP on 11/19/15!!!

I may or may not have gotten a bit teary-eyed while making the reservation!

Now to wait and see if the rumors are true about Free Dining coming out on 5/1/15 for non-Visa Members (regardless if it does or not we are still going!!!!)

I thought the same thing! I have never viewed Wishes from there, and have read about it on other TRs and thought this might be the perfect opportunity to check it out!
You'll love it. I did it with a now ex years ago, after dinner at Ohana. It's a great way to end a night! :-)

You'll love it. I did it with a now ex years ago, after dinner at Ohana. It's a great way to end a night! :-)

So glad to read that, Billie! Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about a reservation at 'Ohana around 6pm do you think that is enough time to eat and get down to the beach for Wishes at 8pm? Or do you think I should make the ADR for a bit earlier?

Ok, now onto the important stuff....3 days until you leave for Disney!!!!!!!!

So glad to read that, Billie! Thanks for sharing! I was thinking about a reservation at 'Ohana around 6pm do you think that is enough time to eat and get down to the beach for Wishes at 8pm? Or do you think I should make the ADR for a bit earlier?
I think that should be plenty of time. :thumbsup2

Ok, now onto the important stuff....3 days until you leave for Disney!!!!!!!!
I knowwwwww, omg omg omg!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

WOOO HOOO On booking! CONGRATS! it's real now isn't it!

Has anyone done this…what are your thoughts?

Are you kidding me? your not going to want to leave!!! you will go back into the Poly and switch your reservation to stay here.. it's AMAZING. you also have the view of the water pageant!

i cannot wait to hear how much you loved this!!!

WOOO HOOO On booking! CONGRATS! it's real now isn't it!

Are you kidding me? your not going to want to leave!!! you will go back into the Poly and switch your reservation to stay here.. it's AMAZING. you also have the view of the water pageant!

i cannot wait to hear how much you loved this!!!

Mo, you are so right about that!! I know Keith is going to love it too. When we went on our first trip together back in 2011...he spotted the Poly when we were getting on the Monorail and informed me at that time he wanted to stay there! ONE DAY I will make it happen!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay - I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :jumping1: <--- this is me jumping up and down with you! ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay - I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :jumping1: <--- this is me jumping up and down with you! ;)

That is about what I looked like with I made the reservation. I have probably checked MDE 50 times just to see the reservation out there. :)

The poly is AMAZING MAGICAL DELIGHTFUL oh i can go on and on..... :cloud9: :worship: :love:

I can't wait to check this out!! I stayed there eons ago with my parents when I was a little girl..apparently I stayed at the Contemporary too but I don't remember either.

ADR Back-up Plans!!

I decided to have a back-up plan for my ADRs in the event I'm not able to get my 1st choices. I'm hoping it being just the 2 of us will help out in getting a table, but just in case I wanted to have some alternatives picked out. I have also numbered them in the order I will be trying to make the ADRs (don't laugh) based on what I think will be the most difficult to the least difficult. PLEASE share feedback, suggestions, opinions!!

Sunday, 11/15/15, Downtown Disney:

Dinner, 5pm EST

1. T-Rex (3rd ADR)

2. Raglan Road

3. Paradiso 37

Monday, 11/16/15, Magic Kingdom:

Dinner, 6pm EST

1. ‘Ohana (2nd ADR)

2. Whispering Canyon Café

3. The Plaza Restaurant

Tuesday, 11/17/15, Epcot:

Dinner, 6pm EST

1. San Angel Inn (5th ADR)

2. Rose & Crown

3. Via Napoli

Wednesday, 11/18/15, HS:

Dinner, 5pm EST

1. Sci-Fi (4th ADR)

2. 50’s Prime Time Café

3. Hollywood & Vine

Thursday, 11/19/15, MK(MVMCP):

Dinner, 5pm EST

1. BOG (1st ADR)

2. The Plaza Restaurant

3. Crystal Palace

There you have it...my 1st choices and my back up plans for my ADRs!! Only 25 more days to go!!! Come on 5/19/15!!!!

i love your back up plan!!! LOVE! you did it perfectly too. i just did the same thing!!!
I don't think you will have an issue getting BOG as it's at the end of your vacation! perfection!
My problem is all the MVMCP i HOPE i can get a BOG.

i love your back up plan!!! LOVE! you did it perfectly too. i just did the same thing!!!
I don't think you will have an issue getting BOG as it's at the end of your vacation! perfection!
My problem is all the MVMCP i HOPE i can get a BOG.

Woohoo! I'm glad I did this...makes me feel a bit better. My BOG falls on a MVMCP night so I'm still a bit worried about snagging a time, but I will definitely hope for the best and I hope with it being at the end of the trip will help out (not to mention I just want a small table for 2) :) I will sit in a hallway, corner, kitchen...wherever! :)

Woohoo! I'm glad I did this...makes me feel a bit better. My BOG falls on a MVMCP night so I'm still a bit worried about snagging a time, but I will definitely hope for the best and I hope with it being at the end of the trip will help out (not to mention I just want a small table for 2) :) I will sit in a hallway, corner, kitchen...wherever! :)

i think you will be OK.. My BOG night would be earlier in my trip.. SO i need to come up with a different plan.. to have one later in the trip.. The dinner ADR before the parties always book quicker then others.. I might take your idea and just try later in the trip.. I don't know.. it's killing me!

ha ha ha ha a kitchen corner... your a nut!!!

Ok a quick but important update!!! We are changing resorts!!!!! (I will just say the release of Free Dining today opened up some possibilities for us). I will provide further details later!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter