• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Sounds like a great start to your day! I, too, am going to try to make more time for AK this trip! Seems like I'm never there as much as I'd like to be, but there are so many other competing priorities, too! Never enough time on vacation... :sad2:

I also have issues with EE but I force myself to ride it at least once each trip... to varying degrees of regret. :rotfl:

Sounds like a great start to your day! I, too, am going to try to make more time for AK this trip! Seems like I'm never there as much as I'd like to be, but there are so many other competing priorities, too! Never enough time on vacation... :sad2:

I also have issues with EE but I force myself to ride it at least once each trip... to varying degrees of regret. :rotfl:

Keith and I definitely want to take our time at AK, we have no reason not to this trip. :)

I love EE, and I have thought about making myself do it but I honestly came so close to getting sick on the ride that I'm a bit nervous to try it again. Maybe if I can get my hands on some of the motion sickness medicine you have discussed in your PTR I can give it a try then! :)

3rd Full Day – AK/Epcot – Part 2 - 11/18/15

I’m still not sure how I will line up my FP selections for this day. As far as AK, I feel with us arriving for EMH we will be able to do the Safari as a walk on, my DH can use the single rider line for EE and do a walk on for Dinosaur. Those are the major rides we want to hit while at AK and the rest of the plan is to enjoy the park’s trails and the park as the whole. So, my thought is to make the FP selections for the 2nd half of the day while we are at Epcot.

Again, suggestions are welcome! If I go with this strategy the plan will be as follows:

@1:00pm: Head back to Pop for rest/swim. Of course the swim will be dependent on the weather…growing up in Florida I know how fickle the weather can be at this time of the year. If there is swimming involved I am pretty sure Keith will choose to nap because he can’t stand cool/cold pool water. He likes swimming in a pool with bath temperature water (yuck).

Once we take a bit of a break we will head to Epcot, I’m guessing we will arrive around 4pm or so. Like I mentioned before I love Epcot! First stop will be Spaceship Earth. I thoroughly enjoy this ride. I’m not sure if we will FP this or not, I will get into that a bit more in this update. I don’t think Keith and I have ridden this ride since our Honeymoon in 2011. Our last 2 trips were split up…one with each child or grandparent.

p6PujuG.jpg

At this point we may need to go our separate ways with separate FP’s. Keith is not a fan of Soarin’ because he does not do well with heights or flying. He rode this with DD back in 2012 and the man was white as a sheet when he got off the ride. I think if it hadn’t been for my DD he would have had a full blown panic attack…I think having my DD sitting next to him helped because he was trying to be brave for her. So, I might head over to Soarin’ (because it is a Must Do for me), and he can head over to Mission Space. Just like Keith was white as a sheet after his ride on Soarin’ I was a lovely shade of green after riding Mission Space…I was a bit too oozy so that is a no go for me. I mentioned this to Keith and he doesn’t like the idea of splitting up, but we will see.

Regardless, I want to ride the Living with the Land boat ride at some point…another one of my favorites at Epcot. I can’t really explain why but I just really enjoy this ride! J From there we will probably make our way over to visit Nemo and his friends. I would also love to visit Figment…I haven’t seen him since our visit in 2011..way too long!

We will also work in a ride on Test Track together using a FP. The actual plan of attack will all depend on the times I’m able to line up for our FP’s. After our time in Future World we will start making our way into the World Showcase. I’m thinking we will start in Mexico (which will be a change because I always start by going to the right). My thought is we can start in Mexico and make our way around and head to our dinner ADR.

My hope is to get an ADR at Rose and Crown! My Mum is British so I almost feel obligated to eat here, not to mention I have been wanting to try it out. Of course my thought has been to get a seat out on the patio and a view of Illuminations. So, here is where my dilemma comes in…do I make the ADR later in hopes of getting a good seat on the patio for Illuminations, or do I get an earlier ADR for dinner and use a FP for Illuminations?

So, here are my FP dilemmas/choices:

1. Test Track
2. Soarin’ for me/Mission Space for Keith
3. Illuminations

OR

1. Spaceship Earth
2. Soarin’ for me/Mission Space for Keith
3. Test Track
(make late ADR at Rose and Crown in hopes to get a good spot for Illuminations)

I honestly keep going back and forth between the 2 choices. However, I think I’m leaning toward making an earlier ADR for R&C and then using the FP for Illuminations. Has anyone had any experience using a FP for this? If so, I would love to hear about your experience.

I just want to make sure I see Illuminations…I have not seen that show in years and have really missed it. Once the show is over we will head out with the rest of the crowd. We might use this time to check out some stores while the crowd thins out a bit.

There you have it…our plans for our 3rd full day. Sad to think at this point we will only have one more full day left, but it helps to know we will be going back in a few months after this trip.

I hope you are enjoying reading along with this PTR…I’m certainly enjoying writing it!

Last edited:

I don't know if you will need a FP for SE. But then again don't forget you have to use their tiers! so you can only use Soarin once your FP are all gone you can request 3 more. That's when you can get your Test track FP.

your not guaranteed a good spot for illuminations during your dinner if you really want to see it then i would use your FP for it?!?!

I don't know if you will need a FP for SE. But then again don't forget you have to use their tiers! so you can only use Soarin once your FP are all gone you can request 3 more. That's when you can get your Test track FP.

your not guaranteed a good spot for illuminations during your dinner if you really want to see it then i would use your FP for it?!?!

Ugh! Totally forgot about the tiers!!! How could I forget about those...boo! As much as I would love to watch Illuminations from R&C I think I will make an earlier dinner ADR because it is just not guaranteed we will be out on the patio to see the show and I really don't want to miss it this year. So, we can just have our dinner and then go find a spot for Illuminations. :)

Thanks for the reminder about the tiers :(

DH and I started to make some early "rough draft" plans day by day and then I wondered if we would overlap anywhere and it turns out we do! I think. The 15th we are also planning on being at DTD and eating at T-Rex, and on the 18th I believe, we will both be at Epcot! Things could change, but it would be cool to stop and say hi!

Also, is the November group a facebook group? I've always wanted to be in one of those and could never find them... hahaha

DH and I started to make some early "rough draft" plans day by day and then I wondered if we would overlap anywhere and it turns out we do! I think. The 15th we are also planning on being at DTD and eating at T-Rex, and on the 18th I believe, we will both be at Epcot! Things could change, but it would be cool to stop and say hi!

Also, is the November group a facebook group? I've always wanted to be in one of those and could never find them... hahaha

Absolutely!! I would love to say hi and have a Dismeet!! I'm looking forward to visiting DTD, I have not been there in years. I'm curious to see what T-Rex is like...I'm assuming it is a lot like Rainforest Cafe but with Dinosaurs LOL!! I like that it has a big selection of food because my DH is definitely a picky eater.

Yes, the November Group is a Facebook group and it is a fantastic group of people (aka NO DRAMA)! :) I will PM you the link!

Thanks for the reminder about the tiers :(

Sorry to be the barrier of bad news! sadly yes they have those crazy tiers along with HS. :scared:

i hope you do get a great place to watch illuminations. I just saw on the canon photography board someone has AMAZING shots of the fireworks, the stood up high next to Teppan Edo.
See i came with bad news first than topped it off with GOOD NEWS!

Sorry to be the barrier of bad news! sadly yes they have those crazy tiers along with HS. :scared:

i hope you do get a great place to watch illuminations. I just saw on the canon photography board someone has AMAZING shots of the fireworks, the stood up high next to Teppan Edo.
See i came with bad news first than topped it off with GOOD NEWS!

No! I appreciate the reminder about the tiers. I'm sure we will be able to find a good spot for Illuminations even without the FP, or maybe I will luck out and be able to add one after I use all our FP's for the day (wishful thinking...I know). I still think it will be best for me to make the ADR for earlier and then scope out a spot for Illuminations because sitting out on the patio is just not guaranteed and I would hate to miss it.

Epcot Planning – Follow Up

Due to the wonderful reminder from my buddy Chicago Mo, I wanted to come back and make some revisions to my Epcot FP information.

So, here is what I think is the final decision (yeah, right)…it’s the decision for now:

Epcot FP Selections (not necessarily in this order):
1. Test Track (for both me and Keith)
2. Spaceship Earth
3. Mission Space (still not sure if I will join Keith on this ride or not, but will reserve just in case)

I’m a bit bummed it appears that I will be missing out on Soarin’ this trip, but the trip is about Keith and I spending time together. I will make sure I get to go on it during our March/April 2016 trip with the kids (maybe Joey will be tall enough to join me and his sister on the ride). I will take a sneak peek at the standby line when we visit Living with the Land Boat Ride, and if it is not too bad I will ride it but I’m not holding my breath. Maybe once we have used all our FP’s for the day I can try and snag one for Soarin’ or Illuminations Viewing (wishful thinking I know, but worth it to check out).

The next decision that has been made is about my ADR at Rose & Crown. Though I would LOVE to watch Illuminations from the patio I don’t want to risk not getting a seat out there and missing it. So, the plan is to make an earlier ADR then initially planned (probably around 6pm), we can enjoy a nice leisurely dinner and then just enjoy the park at night until Illuminations.

k8BRwsK.jpg

picture Google Images/Pinterest

I had a thought about changing the ADR completely to Garden Grill because it is a place I have not eaten at since I was a little girl. However, I think I might wait to make that ADR for when we go back with the kids.

So, there you have it some revisions to our Epcot visit. I'm sure it won't be the last revision of the trip :) Keep all the feedback and suggestions coming!

Due to the wonderful reminder from my buddy Chicago Mo,

I MADE A REPORT! HA HA HA HA...

I can try and snag one for Soarin’ or Illuminations Viewing (wishful thinking I know, but worth it to check out).

I am sure you will be able to score a couple more FP.. AS SOON as your done with your third FP run do not walk to the nearest kiosk to get the next set.

love your plans! it's hard to get an adults only trip together when your used to doing it with the kids?!? so glad your going to go back and do the things you and your kids love!!!

do check out teppan Edo for your viewing! if i can find the picture again i will send you the link!

Last Full Day :mad: - HS/Magic Kingdom (MVMCP)!!! - 11/19/15

Though this will be my last day, I am SUPER excited about this day too!!!

I think we will try to sleep in a bit this day, and my plan is to use FP’s for the first part of the day at HS because I’m hoping we will be able to have an easy time getting on rides at THE PARTY!!

I will finish up any packing that I can do this morning since we will be getting back to the room late, and will be heading out the next day. Now don’t get me wrong, when I say we are going to sleep in I’m not planning on sleeping the day away at all. Heck, anything past 7:30 in the morning is considered sleeping in to me! So, I say we sleep in until 8 or 8:30, and then start getting ready to head out to HS.

nL1p6hM.jpg

Ok, my #1 Must Do at this park is “One Man’s Dream”, I still have not had a chance to check this out and I feel if I don’t do this soon I will pop. This will be a great opportunity for me to check this out because I won’t have any kiddos to try to entertain while I’m looking.

RTf97UK.jpg

Photo from Disneyworld.com

So, I have thought through the FP’s for this park, like I mentioned I’m going to make them for this park since I’m hoping for good luck on the rides at MK for at the party.

Here is what I’m thinking (keeping the Tier System in mind…thank you Chicago Mo):

1. Toy Story Mania (I rode this for the first time during our April 2014 trip and loved it, but had to ride it by myself because it is just how it worked out with the kids) So definitely looking forward to riding this with Keith (and beating him).

2. Star Tours (a Must Do for Keith…he LOVES Star Wars)

3. Tower of Terror

I will try to get another FP for RnR if possible once we use all our FP’s or check out the standby line.

3SdXwIf.jpg

This picture cracks me up...we are in the back...our faces are so funny!!

We will have an ADR lunch at Sci-Fi. Keith loves this place and it’s the only place he asked for on this trip. I enjoy it as well.

khGdHsE.jpg

Photo from Google Images

Other Must Do's on the trip will be The Great Moving Ride, Starring Rolls, Shopping, and as previously mentioned One Man's Dream. Once all Must Do's are acheived (including just taking time to enjoy the park atmosphere) we will head back to the resort for a rest. I’m thinking we will be back at the resort around 3pm. The plan is just to relax/nap/swim for a bit.

After a bit of a rest we will head over to Magic Kingdom for MVMCP!!! I’m guessing we will make our way over there around 5pm.

I will include the plan for that in my next update. I would love to hear some suggestions about HS…rides/attractions/food/anything!

Last edited:
We always love stopping by the Writer's Stop! Carrot cake cookie! Really, it is like a whoopie pie carrot cake with cream cheese icing! So good.

I always enjoy Fantasmic. Hate the crowds, but love the show!

Also, the new menu at Studio Catering Co. sounds really good, especially the pulled brisket

We always love stopping by the Writer's Stop! Carrot cake cookie! Really, it is like a whoopie pie carrot cake with cream cheese icing! So good.

I always enjoy Fantasmic. Hate the crowds, but love the show!

Also, the new menu at Studio Catering Co. sounds really good, especially the pulled brisket

I think you have just become my DH's best friend...he LOVES carrot cake!

Unfortunately we will miss F! again this trip, but it will be a Must Do when we go back with the kids.

I will need to check out that new menu!

i love the plans! ANY shopping at HS is my favorite! i just love Hollywood studios!!! LOVE IT!
No Muppets?!?!? WHAAAAAAAAA?
Yes! try for your RnR FP
Start tours! another favorite!!! can ride this a zillion times and not get tired of it. Try to go left if they have it open
of course the BEST RIDE IN ALL OF DISNEY!!! TOWER OF TERROR! ohh i am so excited to go back now!!!!

the one and only QS Starring rolls.. MUST always have it. yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yay!!! I love how your plans are shaping up. And definitely, definitely try for Soarin' - ya never know! It may just work out after all!!! :wizard:

i love the plans! ANY shopping at HS is my favorite! i just love Hollywood studios!!! LOVE IT!
No Muppets?!?!? WHAAAAAAAAA?
Yes! try for your RnR FP
Start tours! another favorite!!! can ride this a zillion times and not get tired of it. Try to go left if they have it open
of course the BEST RIDE IN ALL OF DISNEY!!! TOWER OF TERROR! ohh i am so excited to go back now!!!!

the one and only QS Starring rolls.. MUST always have it. yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

So, I hope we can still be friends after this, but I have never done the Muppets Show! :duck:I have added it to the list of things to do :yay:

Yay!!! I love how your plans are shaping up. And definitely, definitely try for Soarin' - ya never know! It may just work out after all!!! :wizard:

I'm hoping a ride on Soarin' will work out....it definitely is one of my favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter