Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

I would much rather have Tusker House than Rainforest Café. I've eaten at RFC a few times, and I liked TH much better. Haven't eaten at CHH, but the Fish & Chips at Rose & Crown were excellent! Ate there 3x. Had the fish 2x.

I'm hoping a TH breakfast opens up on this morning and I will switch over, I went with RFC because that was the only bfast available that AK that morning. We have been to RFC for lunch and dinner before and we do enjoy it, but I will definitely switch for a TH if one becomes available! :) CHH is a must do for us every trip, we love it! I've had the fish and chips at Yorkshire in Epcot and I have heard they are very similar to the ones at R&C....they were delicious!! However, when Keith and I were looking over our plans we thought we could throw in something a bit different...like Italian so we decided to go with Via Napoli instead. :)

Mmmmm, I love Columbia Harbor House, and Flame Tree Grill was great as well. And who doesn't like a good Pecos Bill's burger? I'm hoping to try some of the others you had listed as well, I figure it's time to expand my dining horizons a bit on my next trip.

CHH is always on our list...though I have never sat upstairs on our past visits (mainly because we usually have little ones in tow so it has always been easier to grab the first table we see). Flame Tree BBQ will be a first for us...it always smells so good as we pass by. :) The burger from Pecos Bill's will most likely be my choice when we visit! There are a bunch of other places I would love to try, but trying to balance the choices since Keith is a bit of a picky eater. LOL

Well done on getting Ohana, I was so excited when I got mine, i go the day before you.

I was so happy (and still am) that I snagged this one! :) I need to take a closer look at your schedule and see if we have any overlap...we need to have Dismeet! :)

i would go to TH over rainforest every time.. better food character meal fun interactions. Rain Forest is just---meh.

I do hope I can switch it if one becomes available...haven't mentioned it to Keith though..LOL. I think he feels a bit silly having character interactions when it will be just use without the kiddos. I however think it would be fun :) So, I will keep my eye out to see if any open up! Fingers crossed.

I do hope I can switch it if one becomes available...haven't mentioned it to Keith though..LOL. I think he feels a bit silly having character interactions when it will be just use without the kiddos. I however think it would be fun :) So, I will keep my eye out to see if any open up! Fingers crossed.

There is nothing silly about character meals and adults!!! NOTHING!

Just to pile on some more, I would also do Tusker over RFC. I love both places, but Tusker just has a really good breakfast. Last trip when we had free dining, I made my poor DH go to 3 character meals even though it's just us. In all honesty, I felt a little self-conscious being just adults but you get over it quick and just have fun. I think the best interactions were at TH as Daisy and I had a "discussion" about how Donald needs to put a ring on it! It's amazing how you can actually interact with a character like that when they can't even talk.

I was able to get a Dinner ADR for 'Ohana on 11/16/15 at 5:05pm!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! :woohoo:

I have to give credit to @Elevationist for the spreadsheet...she sent me a template that I tweaked a bit. :)
Happy to help! :cutie:

Lunch QS at Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ (this hasn't changed). Keith loves BBQ so feel like this is only fair we try this out!
I almost always opt for Flame Tree BBQ for my Animal Kingdom lunch. However, the brand new Harambe Market that just opened has a ribs meal that looks AMAZING. So that's where I'm headed in December. :D

Breakfast ADR at Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe at 9:45am! AK has EMH hours this morning, so the though is to get there at 8am and hit the attractions we missed the day before or want to redo and then head to breakfast. Now I wouldn't mind possibly changing this ADR to a Tusker House Breakfast (just don't tell Keith that).
I second (and third, and fourth, and...) all of the previous comments advocating for TH over RFC. I had a great time during breakfast there last September, and am headed back for dinner on my next trip! :thumbsup2

Pecos Bills (minus the cheese sauce...boo!)
This break my heart. :sad1:

There is nothing silly about character meals and adults!!! NOTHING!
THIS!!!!!! ::yes:: I go to character meals not only as an adult, but as a SOLO adult, and have a great time!!!

I think the best interactions were at TH as Daisy and I had a "discussion" about how Donald needs to put a ring on it!
Too funny! :rotfl:

Woohoo! Nice! I really think you'll like the food better there. So much to choose from.

Last edited:
Told Keith about it but may have left out the part that it was a Character Meal..lol. I will let him later!!
Pfffft. Girl, just let him be surprised. If you tell him in advance, he'll get it in his mind he's not going to like it. Just show up and be like "Oh, I didn't know!" or "Yeah, it's a character meal, I told you, remember?" or better yet "SURPRISE! LET'S EAT!"

Not mentioning character interaction? Been there, done that. I neglected to mention to DH that Enchanted Tales with Belle was interactive and guess who got picked to be a suit of armor!! Lol, he played along with good humor but I'll never get him in there again! :)

Ok, so I really hope Keith is ok with Character Meals because I was able to grab a pre-park opening breakfast ADR at Garden Grill on 11/19!!!!!!

So this puts me over by one in our TS credits. I'm thinking about cancelling Via Napoli which is scheduled for 11:30 this same day. I don't think we will be ready for lunch until later after a big breakfast at Garden Grill!! We might just stick to QS meals for the rest of the day!!

Happy with the ADRs...now if I could only grab a late lunch ADR at BOG my list would be absolutely complete! Lol

Yeah, you probably won't want another big meal after that big breakfast. Isn't Garden Grill with Chip and Dale? They are usually very lively with their antics. Lol

Yeah, you probably won't want another big meal after that big breakfast. Isn't Garden Grill with Chip and Dale? They are usually very lively with their antics. Lol

Yep! That's the one. I love Chip and Dale...I am sure they will be so cute!

I think you are right about not having another big meal. I think we will stick with QS and even sharing one at that.

I looooooooooooooooved dinner at Garden Grill! Both the the food and the characters were WONDERFUL. I'm excited that you got a breakfast ADR... I am verrrrry curious about this! Looking forward to reading all about it afterwards! ::yes::

It's just getting better and better!

It sure does!! :) Yay!

Woohoo! Nice! I really think you'll like the food better there. So much to choose from.

I think so too! It was also making me a bit nervous that our reservation was set at 9:45 and they start serving lunch at 10:15....I would not have been happy if for some reason we got seated a bit late and then we had to order from the lunch menu. :(

Pfffft. Girl, just let him be surprised. If you tell him in advance, he'll get it in his mind he's not going to like it. Just show up and be like "Oh, I didn't know!" or "Yeah, it's a character meal, I told you, remember?" or better yet "SURPRISE! LET'S EAT!"

Girl, you crack me up!!!! I actually had these same thoughts...LOL!! I did end up telling him and he was fine with it, you could tell he thought it was a bit silly but I think he could also tell I was so excited about it that he just gave in (I have him trained pretty well, I guess)!

Look at you rolling!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!
TH is way better then RFC. What he doesn't know won't hurt him! ::yes::

I'm so happy I made the switch, and it was completely by chance I got the ADR for TH. I was just looking through Bfast availability for that morning and just slowly scrolling through and then I saw it....TH!!!!!! Woohoo! I thought for sure by the time I clicked on it it would be gone, but I got it! :)

Not mentioning character interaction? Been there, done that. I neglected to mention to DH that Enchanted Tales with Belle was interactive and guess who got picked to be a suit of armor!! Lol, he played along with good humor but I'll never get him in there again! :)

Too funny!!! Keith actually knows about the interactions with Belle, the only one that would be able to get him in there would be my daughter (she already has it planned out for Spring Trip...sneaky thing). :)

Wow! I am looking forward to hear how much Keith enjoys himself, as I'm sure he will! Even if he chooses to be more of an observer, he will surely enjoy seeing your happiness!

I think he will end up enjoying himself. We are not planning on meeting any characters during this trip because we know we will be doing a lot of that with the kids in the Spring. So, these two meals will probably be the only time we get pictures with any characters.

I looooooooooooooooved dinner at Garden Grill! Both the the food and the characters were WONDERFUL. I'm excited that you got a breakfast ADR... I am verrrrry curious about this! Looking forward to reading all about it afterwards! ::yes::

I have not eaten at Garden Grill in years!!!!!!!! Growing up in South Florida my school would take a Disney Trip every year, and I remember eating there with a bunch of my friends when we were in Jr. High before it was a character meal (ok I just showed my age on that one). I have always wanted to eat there again, but I knew Keith would not be a big fan of the dinner menu...so when breakfast came out....woohooo!! I haven't seen the official menu yet but the rumors of the menu sound yummy!!

AMAZING! your like the ADR queen!!! i could live on QS and snacks... just sayin... LOL

Mo, I could live off of Disney Popcorn and Disney Pretzels!! :)

Yeah probably a good call...although VN does look good lol. But good snag on the ADR's !

Kathy, I pulled the trigger and cancelled Via Napoli. I do want to eat there at some point...maybe I could fit in during the Spring Trip (though I did promise not to make too many TS ADRs since we will all be on a tighter budget during that trip). :)

Ok, I think I responded to everyone's comments (thank you so much!!!), if I missed a comment it was NOT intentional!! I'm really excited about how this trip is shaping up and a lot of it is because of suggestions I receive here, so thank you for taking the time to follow along on this PTR and commenting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter