Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

deedee2177

Disney Darling
Our Honeymoon Re-do!! 11/15/15 – 11/20/15

Now that I officially finished my TR from April 2014 (took me long enough, huh?), now it is time to move on to my PTR for our November trip! Let me start with some background first because this will be a very different trip than our last trip.

0q0ifnC.jpg

It will be just me and my DH, Keith, on this trip. We are looking at this as a Honeymoon Redo! Keith and I went to Disney for our Honeymoon back in 2011. Being born in South Florida I had the opportunity to go to Disney many times and loved it and I had always wanted to go there for my Honeymoon. Keith had only been once when he was younger. I had to do a bit of convincing but he ultimately agreed to go to Disney (smart man). Unfortunately, Keith cracked his tooth while we were there and he was in a lot of pain the entire trip. Needless to say our trip was not that magical. Even with the pain he was in he fell in love with Disney as well. We have been back twice since...November 2012 with the kids and April 2014 with the kids and the Grandmas (PTR and TR included in my signature).

So, while on our last trip (April 2014), Keith and I had the opportunity to have a date night just the two of us. We spent time in HS and MK, and we had such a great time! It was during this date that we started talking about doing a trip just the two of us. Of course we felt guilty just thinking about this and not bringing the kids. However, the fact we are planning on taking the kids back in April 2016 helped to deal with the guilts. So, we decided we would try to take the trip in 2015.

The first thing we had to do was decide who would watch our son. My step-daughter would obviously just stay with her Mom so that was pretty easy. We talked to my Mom and she absolutely jumped at the opportunity to watch my son. She retired last year so she loves spending all the time she can with the kids.

With the biggest decision made we started thinking about time frame. We decided to go in November because we really enjoyed that time of year when we went in November 2012. So, after looking at my work schedule, my step-daughter’s dance schedule and my Mom’s travel schedule we decided on 11/15 – 11/20. We are keeping fingers crossed for Free Dining because a big highlight of this trip for us is actually being able to sit down at a meal just the 2 of us. We never go out to eat just the two of us so this will be a nice treat!

With the dates decided upon I began thinking about the types of tickets we would get (to hop or not to hop). We did decide to get the Park Hopper because we have had it during our last trips and loved having it! I then brought up Keith the idea of going to Universal (please don’t throw anything at me). I have not been since the Harry Potter stuff had opened (and I love Harry Potter), and Keith has never been. So, we will be going to US/IOA one of the days on the trip.

Now we have the dates and tickets decided on….3 day Park Hopper and US/IOA tickets (1 day 2 parks). The next big decision is where are we going to stay? I’m not able to make our reservation until May so I still have some time to decide. I’m leaning toward Pop and if Free Dining is offered we will upgrade to the DDP. However, the possibility of staying at a Moderate during Free Dining is not completely off the table. I know POR has been excluded from the FD offers in the past which is the Moderate I would really like to stay at, but we will just wait and see if the offer comes out. At one point we were even thinking about renting DVC points, but I think we have decided not to do that this trip and maybe do that during our April 2016 trip with the kids…gives us more room which we don’t need this trip since it will just be me and Keith.

So, the other day I shared the following plans with Keith:

11/14/15 – Pick up Rental Car (we will be driving from NC)

11/15/15 – Head out EARLY…like 5am early, and arrive around 2pm

11/16/15 – US/IOA

11/17/15 – Magic Kingdom

11/18/15 – Animal Kingdom/Epcot

11/19/15 – Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

11/20/15 – Home :(

Keith started telling me he really likes to start and end our trips in MK…which I do as well. I explained to him historically they usually have the MVMCP on that Thursday so we would have to leave the park at 7pm. His reaction, “Unless we buy tickets to go to the Party!” WHAAAATTTTT?????? I hadn’t even bothered bringing up this possibility because I didn’t think he would go for it. He said this is our Honeymoon Redo so let’s do it right! Woohoo!! So, now I’m keeping my fingers crossed they will have a party that night! We would go to Hollywood Studios that morning, take a break after lunch (aka nap) and then head to Magic Kingdom for the evening and party! :)

Keith and I are not too interested in meeting the characters at the party, our focus will be the rides and food! I have read that the lines for the rides are not too bad during the party which would be ideal for us. However, I would love to hear about your experience...so feel free to share.

I’m still making final decisions on my ADRs so I will leave that for a later update. Please feel free to share your comments/thoughts/experiences on anything I have shared so far. No need to lurk…I promise I am nice. :)

Table of Contents:

I just can't help myself!! (Updated 2/27/15)
Hanging out with some Witches and Wizards!! (Updated 3/9/15)
3rd Full Day!! AK/Epoct - Part 1 (Updated 3/19/15)
3rd Full Day!! AK/Epoct - Part 2 (Updated 3/26/15)

Epcot Planning - Follow up (Update 3/30/15)
Last Full Day :( - HS/Magic Kingdom (MVMCP) (Update 3/31/15)
Need some advice! (Updated 4/6/15)
ADR Game Plan! (Updated 4/7/15)
Big Change! (shocker) (Updated 4/12/15)
November Park Hours!! (Updated 4/13/15)

Plans Revisited! (Updated 4/14/15)
Deeper Dive into DTD! (Updated 4/16/15)
11/16/15 Revisited: Magic Kingdom (Updated 4/20/15)
ADR Back-up Plans! (Updated 4/23/15)

Free Dining leads to a Big Change!! (Updated 4/27/15)
Real Life Update: Washington DC (Updated 4/30/15)
11/17/15 Revisited: AK/Epcot (Updated 5/12/15)
ADR Day Update!! (Updated 5/20/15)
11/18/15 Revisited: ?/HS (Updated 5/26/15)

Real Life Update: Gatlinburg Trip w/ the Kids! (Updated 5/26/15)
Real Life Update: Washington DC Trip - Travel Day (Updated 6/8/15)
Real Life Update: Washington DC Trip - 1st Full Day (Updated 6/23/15)
Real Life Update: Washington DC Trip - 2nd Full Day (Updated 6/26/15)
Real Life Update: Washing DC Trip - Home! (Updated 6/29/15)
Quick Disney Update: Changes (Shocker!!) (Updated 7/8/15)
Time for a Dance Party!! (Updated 7/16/15)
Updated ADR List!! (Updated 7/22/15)

Updated Spreadsheet (Updated 7/31/15)
Advice Needed :) (Updated 8/7/15)
Updated Spreadsheet (Updated 8/19/15)
Arrival Day Fast Pass Plans (Updated 8/25/15)

11/16/15: Magic Kingdom Fast Pass Plans (Updated 8/31/15)
11/17/15: AK/Epcot Fast Pass Plans (Updated 9/4/15)
11/18/15: AK/HS/MK (maybe) (Updated 9/8/15)
11/19/15: Epcot/MK (MVMCP) (Updated 9/14/15)
Arrival Day with FP Selections! (Updated 9/16/15)

Why is time standing still??? And one minor change! (Updated 9/21/15)
Backing up and revisiting (again) (Updated 9/25/15)
11/16/15 - Magic Kingdom Plans! (Updated 10/5/15)
11/17/15 Morning Plans: Animal Kingdom! (Updated 10/13/15)
11/17/15 Afternoon/Evening Plans: Epcot! (Updated 10/19/15)
11/18/15 Morning Plans: Animal Kingdom (again)! (Updated 10/23/15)
11/18/15 Afternoon Plans: Hollywood Studios! (Updated 10/27/15)
11/18/15 Evening/Night Plans: Magic Kingdom! (Updated 11/3/15)
11/19/15 Morning Plans: Epcot! (Updated 11/6/15)
General Update (Updated 11/9/15)
11/19/15 Afternoon/Evening Plans: Magic Kingdom (Updated 11/10/15)
Last Official Update before we leave!! (Updated 11/12/15)
Trip Report Link! (Updated 11/23/15)

Last edited:
Yay!!! So happy you started this and what a fabulous occasion to do so - a Honeymoon, take 2! Sounds like you and Keith will have an absolute blast... and stop feeling guilty - you guys will come back so recharged that you'll be even better parents! :thumbsup2

I absolutely LOVE Pop so I give that option a thumbs-up if you stay at a Value. Of course a Moderate would be fabulous as well, especially if they do free dining!

Excited to follow along with you as you plan this fun trip!

Yay!!! So happy you started this and what a fabulous occasion to do so - a Honeymoon, take 2! Sounds like you and Keith will have an absolute blast... and stop feeling guilty - you guys will come back so recharged that you'll be even better parents! :thumbsup2

I absolutely LOVE Pop so I give that option a thumbs-up if you stay at a Value. Of course a Moderate would be fabulous as well, especially if they do free dining!

Excited to follow along with you as you plan this fun trip!

Thanks for joining in Tracy! I have heard great things about Pop. If we do I would like to request one of the rooms facing the lake...a little quieter back there and a nice view! I should look into the other Moderates besides POR just in case we decide to go the Moderate route...I just fell in love with POR that I stopped looking at the others LOL.

Joining in!

:welcome: Thank you so much for joining in!

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates Released!!!

YCONFIW.jpg

I was so excited to see the MVMCP dates were released!

· November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 and 29

· December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 18

(Dates found on the Disney World Website)

Of course since the dates came out I needed to check our tentative plans. I have to make a few adjustments but nothing major since I can’t make ADRs yet.

So, initially we were planning on arriving on 11/15 and going to US/IOA on 11/16 and then spend all day in Magic Kingdom on 11/17. We are changing this up a bit since we don’t want to spend the day a MK on a day at the beginning of the week when there is a party scheduled that night…we don’t want to have to leave at 7pm. Now this is what the revised schedule looks like and I am pretty happy with it:

11/15 – Arrival Date

11/16 – Magic Kingdom (new)

11/17 – US/IOA (new)

11/18 – AK/Epcot (same)

11/19 – HS/Magic Kingdom/MVMCP (same)…a break will definitely be worked in between the two parks

Now that we have the schedule pretty set, I can now focus on the ADRs we want. Don’t get me wrong I already have a pretty good idea of what I want, but I will share that in the next update.

Now onto a question for everyone:

· I would love to hear (well read) people’s thoughts about MVMCP. Since it will be just me and DH our focus will be the rides and food. We are not too worried about meeting the characters. I would like to catch the parade, but it doesn’t have to be on Main Street. Please share your tips on catching the parade and the entire party.

Until next time! Thanks for following along!

Yay!!! With the release of dates, you can really get to planning! I haven't been to a MVMCP in EONS! So I'll let my fellow Disers weigh in more on this one! :thumbsup2 It's sure to be an amazing time, though! :goodvibes

Oh good, I'll have to get those party dates down too.

We've done the MVMCP twice now. We are also two adults, no children, and we're not too concerned with the characters. I adore the festive feeling!
The parade and fireworks are my priorities. We usually skip the first parade, stake out a spot for the fireworks early, and stay there for the second parade.

Oh wow Mvmcp dates are out for this year!? Where did you find those, can you buy tickets yet!? We are headed down almost the same week :)

Oh good, I'll have to get those party dates down too.

We've done the MVMCP twice now. We are also two adults, no children, and we're not too concerned with the characters. I adore the festive feeling!
The parade and fireworks are my priorities. We usually skip the first parade, stake out a spot for the fireworks early, and stay there for the second parade.

I was thinking about catching the 2nd parade...figured it may not be as crowded. I definitely want to see the fireworks as well. Other than that our focus will be the rides and just taking it all in. I'm so excited Keith recommended us getting tickets.

Oh wow Mvmcp dates are out for this year!? Where did you find those, can you buy tickets yet!? We are headed down almost the same week :)

:welcome: I first some them on a post on Facebook and then checked them out on the Disney website to make sure they were accurate. :) I think they are going on sale in April this year (instead of May). What are your dates?

I was thinking about catching the 2nd parade...figured it may not be as crowded. I definitely want to see the fireworks as well. Other than that our focus will be the rides and just taking it all in. I'm so excited Keith recommended us getting tickets.

:welcome: I first some them on a post on Facebook and then checked them out on the Disney website to make sure they were accurate. :) I think they are going on sale in April this year (instead of May). What are your dates?

We are headed down the 14-21, thinking to do the party on the 20th, we usually do a Friday party. Can't wait to buy the tickets and get another thing out of the way :)

We are headed down the 14-21, thinking to do the party on the 20th, we usually do a Friday party. Can't wait to buy the tickets and get another thing out of the way :)

I know!! Since the MVMCP dates were released I have started my spreadsheets of planning. My DH thinks I am nuts! I promised him I wouldn't plan as much as I have in the past, since it will just be the 2 of us but I have to plan the usual stuff (park days, ADRs, Fast Passes).

So, have you decided where you are staying during your trip? Sorry if I'm being nosey..I just enjoy hearing about other Diser's plans :)

I just can’t help myself!

Well, since Disney went ahead and released their MVMCP dates, I could not help breaking out the planning spreadsheets. Since this is a PTR, I thought it was only appropriate to share them here as well.

I think I will break each of these out by day…hey I have to figure out how to stretch this out since I still have 261 days to go!!

I will be kind and combine and the Travel Day with the First Park Day:

11/15/15 - Arrival Day/DTD

We will be renting a car and driving from NC. Our trip with kids and Grandmas took us over 10 hours because of the stops that are required for those travelers. However, I have a friend that lives nearby and made it down in 8 hours flat (only 2 quick stops for gas, snacks and bathroom breaks). I don’t think DH and I will be so commando in our traveling, but still think we could get down quicker than we did on the last trip but

Ok, here is the tentative plan for our Arrival Day at this time:

3:45am I wake up Finishing packing the car
4:30am Wake up Keith
5:00am Leave I drive
9:00am Bfast on Road Around Savannah - sit down
10:30am Back on the Road Keith drives
1:30pm Small Lunch/Snack
2:00pm Back on the Road
3:30pm Arrive at Pop Check in and unload car
4:30pm DTD Snack Credit
7pm Dinner ADR - Trex (TS)

As you can see this plan is pretty straight forward. I haven’t been to DTD (I mean Disney Springs) in years and my DH has never been. I have tried to work it in on the last two trips but it never worked out, so I definitely want to make it happen on this trip.

Now, onto the fun days! Since the MVMCP dates were announced I had to do some rearranging on this day, but I’m pretty happy with it

I always like to start and end our trips at Magic Kingdom so we will spend our 1st day at Magic Kingdom:

11/16/15 - Magic Kingdom Day

7:15am Wake Up Bfast in Room
8:00am Leave for park
9:00am Park Opens Welcome Show
10-11am Splash Mtn Fast Pass
11am-12pm Thunder Mtm Fast Pass
11:30am Lunch Columbia Harbour House (QS)
1-2pm 7DMT Fast Pass
5:00pm Dinner BOG (TS)

*Snacks: Dole Whip and Mickey Pretzel

*Ride Must Dos: Pirates, Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn, Haunted Mansion, 7DMT, IASW, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Space Mtn, CoP, Buzz Lightyear, PeopleMover (one of my favorites).

Please keep in mind these are very tentative and of course may change once I’m actually able to make ADR’s and FP selections. Our plan is to spend the entire day at the Magic Kingdom. However, based on the hours from last year it appears the park closed at 7pm this night even though there was not a MVMCP that night. Even if that is the case we will still keep MK on our first day. If it does close early like last year then we might hop to another park after dinner (if time permits), or just head back to the resort to rest.

So there you have it…the first part of our trip. I looked back at my spreadsheet from last trip and it was much more detailed, but I had 6 of us which included kids and Grandmas that required rests back at the condo we rented. Keith and I are just fine finding a nice bench to rest at and just take in the atmosphere and people-watch when we need a break.

I’m pretty happy with these plans so far, but I’m sure they will change at some point. Next time I will share our plans for our next Park Day (believe there might be a little wizardy happening).

Yay!!! How exciting! Just seems like when "actual" plans are made on paper, the trip seems more real! :thumbsup2

Looks like some exciting plans so far!! I absolutely love the Downtown Disney area (I'm pretty sure I could spend hours shopping down there if my fiance would let me lol), and thought T-Rex was very fun for dinner. The theming was very cool -- make sure to take time before/after your meal to walk around and look at all the dinosaurs & the fish tank; I don't know if they take seating requests, but we ate in the ice room and as long as you don't mind dinner being a little dark, it's a very cool atmosphere in there, especially during the meteor shower.

Can't wait to hear the plans for your next day!

Yay!!! How exciting! Just seems like when "actual" plans are made on paper, the trip seems more real! :thumbsup2

I couldn't agree more. It makes it so real to look at the spreadsheet laid out in front of me. I can't wait to actually make the package reservation...that will happen in May. This actually works out since that is when they usually announce FD, but I will be making the reservation whether they announce FD or not. :)

Thanks for following along!

Looks like some exciting plans so far!! I absolutely love the Downtown Disney area (I'm pretty sure I could spend hours shopping down there if my fiance would let me lol), and thought T-Rex was very fun for dinner. The theming was very cool -- make sure to take time before/after your meal to walk around and look at all the dinosaurs & the fish tank; I don't know if they take seating requests, but we ate in the ice room and as long as you don't mind dinner being a little dark, it's a very cool atmosphere in there, especially during the meteor shower.

Can't wait to hear the plans for your next day!

I have not been to DTD in years, so I'm definitely looking forward to heading over after we get checked into the resort and rest a bit. I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes and just walking around (especially after being stuck in the car all day). My DH hasn't been yet so he is looking forward to it as well. He might not agree once we have entered a few stores, and he sees the debit card come out. :)

Thanks for the feedback on T-Rex, we have not eaten there before but we have eaten at Rainforest at AK a couple of times so I'm imagining it to be similar...just with Dinosaurs. Making a mental note about the Ice Room...sounds pretty cool (HAHA...no pun intended).

Hoping to do another update this week...the plans for that day seem to be the most difficult (in a good way) since I'm not as familiar with US/IOA as Disney. However, we are both looking forward to it!

Thanks for following along!

I know!! Since the MVMCP dates were released I have started my spreadsheets of planning. My DH thinks I am nuts! I promised him I wouldn't plan as much as I have in the past, since it will just be the 2 of us but I have to plan the usual stuff (park days, ADRs, Fast Passes).

So, have you decided where you are staying during your trip? Sorry if I'm being nosey..I just enjoy hearing about other Diser's plans :)

Oh not at all, me too! :) We are reserved at All Star Movies but we are hoping for Free Dining, if it comes out for our week we will change over to a Mod, thinking maybe CB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter