• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

i was going to start packing the shorts.. Then it hit 78 yesterday... So that is a no go.

I know what you mean, it's suppose to hit 78 here today and be in the low 80's this weekend....really???? This up and down with the weather is why all the kiddos are getting sick! :(

11/18/15 Morning – Animal Kingdom (yes again)

So this may feel like a bit of a repeat, but the plan is to head back to AK for EMH hours. This was the morning we did have our Tusker House ADR but I had to cancel that once I was able to secure our BOG Dinner…so hard being good! L

The plan for this morning is to grab some breakfast at Pepper Market which opens at 7am on this day (as long as that doesn’t change). We are not usually huge breakfast eaters but we have an early dinner at 4:35 (unless by some miracle I am able to find a later ADR) so I thought it best for us to have a nice breakfast and maybe a snack for lunch to hold us over until our dinner ADR.

Once we have breakfast we will head over to AK, they do have morning EMH hours this day that start at 8am but we probably won’t get there right at that start but I was thinking we could get there by 8:30. The main things we will be visiting this morning are the major rides that we want to do again or might have missed the day before.

The following are on the potential items on the “Do Again or Do it because we missed it yesterday” lists:

· Safari

· Everest (this will be all Keith again, as I find a comfy seat and people watch). I so wish I didn’t get that oozy feeling because I have enjoyed this ride in the past!

· Primeval Whirl – this one just makes Keith and I laugh

· Dinosaur – where I will be a big chicken!!

· Lion King – if we didn’t catch the day before

I’m thinking we should be able to leave about 11:30 or so. From there we may take a break back at CSR before we head to our next stop or stops. J I will save that for the next update…trying to make these updates last until we leave in 23 days!!

Have you thought about trying to do something to help with the oozy? For my aunt, I've been looking for solutions, and the Sea Bands get a LOTTTT of great reviews!!! I'm thinking about buying her a set of them! ::yes::

Last edited:

Have you should about trying to do something to help with the oozy? For my aunt, I've been looking for solutions, and the Sea Bands get a LOTTTT of great reviews!!! I'm thinking about buying her a set of them! ::yes::

I have read some great things as well, definitely something I'm going to keep in mind. Honestly the only ride that gives me any issues is EE, and I'm fine until the backwards part and then UGH :crazy2: I think they might be worth a try. If I end up using them I will be sure to let you know how they worked.

You early birds make such good time in the parks! I'm just an ambling night owl, getting to the park at the crack of noon usually, lol. For the price, it would be worth trying out the Sea Bands. I think you put them on for about 1/2 hour before you think you might encounter an issue, but it's been a while since my daughter tried them. She wore hers on a Mediterranean cruise and she did well with them.

Keith is definitely the night owl but I have given in fair warning about the early mornings on this trip. I think he understands that is we want to hit as many rides/attractions as possible we need to get to the parks early. I am trying to work in as many rest breaks as possible so we don't completely over do it...after all it is vacation! :)

I agree I think the Sea Bands are definitely worth a try. :)

11/18/15 Afternoon – Hollywood Studios

Ok let’s continue with our plans for Wednesday, 11/18/15! Definitely our most jam packed day, but should be fun! J Depending on when we get through with AK we may head back to CSR for a bit to rest and grab a snack, or we may just head straight over to HS.

Our 1st FP at Hollywood Studios is scheduled for 2:25-3:25 at Tower of Terror, but I would like to get there before that to try and jump on some rides standby. Here is the tentative plan:

· 1:30: Arrive and ride RnR standby if wait is not too crazy

· Tower of Terror (FP: 2:25-3:25)

· Toy Story (FP: 3:25-4:25)

· ADR at Sci-Fi at 4:35pm – I’m not too happy with this time and wish it was a bit later but it was the only time that was available. Just happy I got an ADR because this is one of Keith’s favorites!

· Star Tours (FP: 5:55-6:55)

After Star Tours we will head out and based on how we are feeling we will figure out what our next adventure will be. I think we should be finishing up around 6:30pm and with Magic Kingdom extending your evening EMH hours to midnight this night, it is a strong possibility that we will head in that direction. However, if we are completely wiped out it could be we head back to CSR and call it evening. However, I seriously think we will end up heading over to MK for the evening. I will save our potential MK plans for my next update. I need to make sure I have enough updates to last until I leave!! :)

Keith is definitely the night owl but I have given in fair warning about the early mornings on this trip. I think he understands that is we want to hit as many rides/attractions as possible we need to get to the parks early. I am trying to work in as many rest breaks as possible so we don't completely over do it...after all it is vacation! :)

I agree I think the Sea Bands are definitely worth a try. :)

I'm a little nervous that my plans this trip for as many rope drops and long days as I'm doing is going to kill me this year, as I think my stamina may be worse that last year. Guess I will find out in two weeks. Since I don't work, I can come home and collapse and hopefully catch up on sleep and rest. Since I'm a night owl, if I was alone, I would probably sleep in everyday and just close the parks every night, but the woman I travel with, is an early riser. I have a couple of days where I can sleep in a a bit and hopefully I will be able to do so. I don't do the mid day break back to the hotel thing, because I don't take naps, I will just feel worse and wake up with a head ache. Or just not want to get up and go back to the parks. So, I push through and then hopefully I am exhausted and go to sleep early (earlier than usual for me) and will sleep well through the night. If I'm dying, I will change plans and bail out and call it early. Lol. I did that once or twice last year.

Your plans sound fantastic!! I've never had a park hopper before but it sounds so fun..ONE day...I will try it lol. To do best rides at 2 parks on one day...what could be better??

Sorry I've been MIA again! Trying to catch up. Uh... again.

I love your plans! I imagine that you are also stalking the weather? I have NO clue what to bring. At the moment I'm full of shorts and tank tops.

Oh I was so excited about the extended MK hours! I'd like to take full advantage of those.

UGH! What a crazy last few days! I woke up on Thursday not feeling well at all and ended up calling out sick from work. Luckily my Mom was already in town to see the kids do some Halloween activities, so it was a huge help having her here so I could get some much needed rest. As our friend @Chicago Mo so wonderfully pointed out in her PTR....I leave for Disney next week!! Next Saturday evening but that still falls into the "next week" category! I'm planning on posting an update today at some point. :)

I am excited with the extended MK hours!!! I KNOW we will make it over there for it!
as far as this:

I'm pretty sure we will be taking advantage of the MK evening EMH hours on this day! :)

You're doing all the BEST stuff!!! I love it!!! :cutie:

I'm really happy with our plans...I've barely made any changes since I was able to make our FP selections! :)

I'm a little nervous that my plans this trip for as many rope drops and long days as I'm doing is going to kill me this year, as I think my stamina may be worse that last year. Guess I will find out in two weeks. Since I don't work, I can come home and collapse and hopefully catch up on sleep and rest. Since I'm a night owl, if I was alone, I would probably sleep in everyday and just close the parks every night, but the woman I travel with, is an early riser. I have a couple of days where I can sleep in a a bit and hopefully I will be able to do so. I don't do the mid day break back to the hotel thing, because I don't take naps, I will just feel worse and wake up with a head ache. Or just not want to get up and go back to the parks. So, I push through and then hopefully I am exhausted and go to sleep early (earlier than usual for me) and will sleep well through the night. If I'm dying, I will change plans and bail out and call it early. Lol. I did that once or twice last year.

We had never done the mid-day breaks until our last trip with the kids and Grandmas...it was basically a requirement with those traveling companions. I ended up enjoying the breaks as well...just to give me a break from having to be the tour guide/ring leader of the group. We didn't always sleep, we would swim or just chill out a bit and then head back to a park. On this trip we will just see how we feel and if we want to take a break we can...that is a big part of what I'm looking forward to on this trip...just having to decide between the two of us on what to do next.

Your plans sound fantastic!! I've never had a park hopper before but it sounds so fun..ONE day...I will try it lol. To do best rides at 2 parks on one day...what could be better??

The first time we ever did the park hopper was on our November 2012 trip and LOVED it! I love the flexibility of it and I personally feel it is worth the extra money.

Sorry I've been MIA again! Trying to catch up. Uh... again.

I love your plans! I imagine that you are also stalking the weather? I have NO clue what to bring. At the moment I'm full of shorts and tank tops.

Oh I was so excited about the extended MK hours! I'd like to take full advantage of those.

I absolutely have been stalking the weather...my DH gives me a hard time about it because it can change so drastically between now and then but I still like to look! I can't believe how warm it looks like it might be. When we went in November in 2012 we definitely had to keep the hoodies with us and wore jeans some of the days. By the looks of the weather right now we will be sticking with shorts and t-shirts. We may even have to stop by a Walmart and buy an extra pair of shorts for Keith...he wore his out over the Summer. :) One of the perks of having a rental car...you can run errands!

11/18/15 Evening/Night – Magic Kingdom

Our original plans for this day did include a possible visit to MK after our visit to HS that afternoon. With the announcement of extended Evening EMH hours to midnight this night, it is pretty much a sure thing we will be making our way over there at some point! :)

Not sure if the plans will include us heading straight over there from HS or if we will head back to CSR for a bit of a rest. I’m guessing based on the Parade and Wishes schedule it might be best for us to head right on over there from HS so as not to get trampled by people leaving after the parade and Wishes. I think if we arrive around 7pm we should be safe. On our way over I will check to see if I can grab any FP’s for the evening.

Not sure if we will make it to midnight this night, but honestly I really don’t have any plans. Can you believe it? I think this will be a good night to just go with the flow and decide what we want to do once we get there. I’m sure at some point we will want to stop and get something to eat since we would have eaten such an early dinner…my choice will be Casey’s Corner, not sure if Keith will agree with that choice but I love it. :tongue:

I’m sure we will try and hit all the mountain rides at some point because they are so much fun at night. I’m also guessing we will try and catch Wishes from Fantasyland…we did this on the last trip and it was such a fun location to watch from…you are literally surrounded by the fireworks.

Because of all the hopping that is scheduled for this day I really think we will take advantage of the bus system so not to worry about getting to and from the parking lot. I’m guessing it will be a bit smoother just the two of us instead of trying to pile in with strollers and kiddos in tow. I’m pretty sure we will head out before midnight, 1) because we will be exhausted and 2) to avoid the mass exit of everyone. :flower1:

So, there you have we are done with the 11/18/15 update! One more day to provide updates about and then I will probably do a final update right before we leave! Soooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG! It's NEXT WEEK!!!!

as long as we meet up somewhere i will be happy..

Absolutely!! I think some of our plans cross so good opportunity for a Dismeet! :) So, my plan is to start packing this weekend, again it's my plan not sure it will actually happen though. Luckily, I'm off the Friday before we hit the road and we won't get on the road until Saturday evening so I should have plenty of time to get us packed...it is only the 2 of us so how bad can it be? LOL (If you can't tell I HATE packing)!

you and me both... I started last night, I don't have much time to do it with both jobs and sports!

you and me both... I started last night, I don't have much time to do it with both jobs and sports!

So, does it count that I got the suitcase out from the closet? The goal for this weekend is to clean my house and get everything all set for when my comes into town to stay with Joey. With that cleaning process I will hopefully begin to get stuff actually into the suitcase! I keep thinking of things I need to remember for the trip (car charger, chargers for room, little things that are easy to forget). I need to start a list! :( Maybe I can steal (I mean borrow) one from @Elevationist!

So, does it count that I got the suitcase out from the closet? The goal for this weekend is to clean my house and get everything all set for when my comes into town to stay with Joey. With that cleaning process I will hopefully begin to get stuff actually into the suitcase! I keep thinking of things I need to remember for the trip (car charger, chargers for room, little things that are easy to forget). I need to start a list! :( Maybe I can steal (I mean borrow) one from @Elevationist!
Girl, you know I got lists. :rotfl: I'd be happy to send you mine, then you can just edit/add/remove items and tailor it to you and Keith. I'm pretty sure I have all the essentials (like car chargers, etc) on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter