Our Gawrsh Darn Spooktacular Halloween TR ***Last Updates from Tracy 6/17***

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Tinkermom76, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Hey there! :welcome: I love the interaction with the characters, makes it so fun!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

A Barrel of laughs

After Splash everyone wanted to go on BTMRR but I was not going to force Emma again since I know she does not like roller coasters, so Em and I got ice cream and waited for the others. She met another little girl that was scared to go on Splash and she did her best to try to convince her to go on but I don’t think it worked :confused3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We LOVE Big Thunder with all its twists and turns and arms way in the air fun. I can’t wait till after its refurb – I had no idea boulders were supposed to “fall” on you until I saw it was being fixed! :laughing: We too grabbed Mickey bars and drinks afterwards – it was getting hot!

[​IMG]

After they went on BTMRR we decided to hit Tom Sawyer Island since it is right there. I have been here before but Tracy hasn’t. We took the kids to the Fort for a few minutes and then braved the barrel bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m glad we went to Tom Sawyer Island as it was new for us, but Demetri disappeared for a bit while in the Fort and between that and the heat, I was ready to head out. Oh and my camera display had decided to stop working (found out later that night it was just a button I’d pushed by accident :blush:) so any picture I took was the old fashioned way through the viewfinder. I seriously cannot take good pictures that way so yep....:headache:! The barrel bridge was hilarious though and I thought at any time I was going to tip over into the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the barrel bridge we ran into a photopass photographer on the Island and she took a nice group shot of us with the Mansion in the background.

[​IMG]

Then she had a little fun with Demetri and Emma.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued in next post……..

4. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

I had promised to buy Emma a parasol if she went on splash so we headed back to pick it up.

[​IMG]

We stopped to get some pics of the kids in the Stocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Demetri was not happy that he still can’t reach those stocks. Another objective for him... ;)

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion which is also a new ride for Emma. I let her bring her flashlight with us but told her she had to keep it pointed down in the Doom Buggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took the new Queue route so we could check out all the new things that were added. The kids had fun touching everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved the new queue! I’d avoided reading anything about it so as to be surprised by it all. It was a lot of fun to walk through and it didn’t take very long at all – 15 minutes from the start to the stretching room. Just missing Madame Leota’s deadly stare, it was our turn in to head in. I really wish they’d address the squeeze fest that is walking out of the stretching room to the line for the Doom Buggies. It’s crazy!
    Loved the improvements at the end of the ride too and we were laughing at the unexpected guests that tagged along!

After exiting the ride Emma saw this grave.

[​IMG]

We also saw the Photopass Photographers set up and thought we should stop for a picture

[​IMG]

Continued in next post……….

5. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

It was almost time for the parade so we found a spot to sit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’d been keeping an eye on the time because we were to have a DIS meet soon with Stefy. She was on her Disneymoon and though her hubby was scheduled to be off at Epcot with one half of a couple they were meeting up with for the day, Stefy was to text me when she arrived around parade time so we could say hello. :banana: At home I’d got them a little congratulations gift – they love Stitch so I thought they’d find this cute......

[​IMG]

.... course it didn’t help that I’d forgotten it back in our room! :headache:

Then we watched the parade. I hadn’t seen it in years and it had changed since I saw it so I was excited to see it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey Look! It’s Goofy!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I liked the spot we were in and really enjoyed the parade. I took a quick video of the last float heading past us, I knew Ariana would love to watch it.

Click on picture for video!

[​IMG]

Continued in next post……..

6. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

We headed over to AdventureLand to find a spitting Camel! This was the first time I have seen the camel spit. Do they turn it off in December???

I think it was still on for our trip in November....

When we approached the ride I pushed Demetri ahead in the stroller to the spot where all the spit was on the ground :laughing: and stepped away from him saying, “watch out for the camel – it spits!” Did the water then not go OVER him and hit me! :rotfl: Someone must be watching!

Took a spin on Aladdin’s Magic Carpets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next we were off to a Jungle Cruise. Emma and Demetri were so cute.

[​IMG]

Notice she was leading… just like her mommy :)

Demetri was fascinated by this spider that I didn’t believe moved, till I saw it :eek:

[​IMG]

We had Greg as our captain and he was as funny as the rest of them.

[​IMG]

I don’t care how corny the jokes are, I actually laugh out loud at all of them (maybe I am corny :))

I always laugh at the “back side” of water! Oh and the one where he says if you’ve enjoyed the cruise his name is Greg but if you didn’t, his name is Sabrina :rotfl2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued in next post……………………

7. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

Next we were off to see my Husband, Captain Jack Sparrow!

[​IMG]

Yes he’s your husband (for now anyway ;) ) but he’s MY boyfriend! Once in a blue moon this ride gets crowded and we asked to use the alternate entrance with Ariana’s GAC. I’ve never used it before and was surprised to see the route we had to take to get there. Backstage!

[​IMG]

POTC is another ride I had to force Emma to ride but now she doesn’t even question it and just goes on. She still says she doesn’t like it though :confused3

[​IMG]

After spotting my hubby (my man!) many times on the ride we decided we needed more fantasy in our lives (ya right) and decided to head to FantasyLand after stopping for a bite to eat at Peco Bills, (otherwise known in my family as the “Pickle Barrel” – George could never remember the name so he gave it his own name :lmao: ). After having my first taco salad (yum!) we were washing up when Demetri remarked to a CM that he really liked his badge. Instantly the CM asked him if he’d like to have it and Demetri was thrilled to say yes and have it pinned on him. Sheriff Demetri!

[​IMG]

It was around this point of the day too that I admitted to myself the DIS meet with Stefy had fallen through. :sad1: Her text hadn’t come through and when I’d tried to send one to her, it bounced back to me right away. I still wanted to get their gift to them though so I made a mental note to have the present shipped to her at the Poly. Little did I know......

Up next.... Who loves a parade?

8. mousescrapper

mousescrapper DIS Veteran

getting caught up again ladies...

looks like you all are having some good times so far :thumbsup2 love how you fight over Jack...that would make for an awesome picture :rotfl2:

we caught the parade on our last day and enjoyed it too, had been awhile usually not in the park when it's on...

I am sad BTMRR will be closed during jan...but can't wait to ride then when it has some new "twists"

9. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

Maybe there will be fighting over Jack... Or maybe we will move on. Wait and see :rolleyes1

10. Katie & Glen

Katie & Glen DIS Veteran

Im so glad to see you got Emma to try some new rides. Keep the updates coming!! :thumbsup2

11. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

Uh oh. I sense a little bit of a fight over Captain Jack here. :lmao: He is very nice to look at. :rolleyes1

Sounds like you guys had a great morning. Got a lot of things accomplished too. I love the new changes to the Haunted Mansion too. I had no idea they were going to refurb BTMRR. I think it definitely needs it, so that's some news that I was glad to hear.

12. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

More new rides to come! I am trying to keep up with Tracy on the updates... she's getting them out pretty fast which is not like her :laughing:

He is VERY nice to look at!!!!

13. xJenna

xJenna Mouseketeer

Joining in! Reading this is making me so happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it looks like you guys are having so much fun and sad because I still have seven months to go!

Reading about getting Emma to go on Splash made me laugh. A year or so ago my family went down with my Aunt, Uncle, and their three girls. I guess they had tried to go on Haunted Mansion earlier and all three of the girls freaked in the stretching room and they had to leave. So later when we met up with them we said we were going on Haunted Mansion and my Aunt and Uncle wanted to try it (it was their whole families' first trip). Their middle girl Emma (5 or 6 at the time I think) decided she wanted to brave it as long as my sister and I kept her safe. Of course we promised we would warn her about scary things and we wouldn't let anything get her. She stood in the stretching room with her eyes shut as tight as possible and with her hands holding onto my sister's hands on her ears. The entire ride she kept her hands over her eyes but she kept peeking through her fingers and her heart was thumping so hard I could feel it. After we got off I asked her if she liked it and she said, "Yeah! I think so. I didn't see most of it but I liked it." She also saw the "I. Emma Spook". We have a few pictures of her with it. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. :goodvibes

14. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Sorry the DISmeet fell through but otherwise it looks like you were having a wonderful day!

15. irish dancer

irish dancer DIS Veteran

Bummer on the missed DIS meet, hope it wasn't anything bad that intercepted them.

My DD10 also begrudgingly goes on HM, keeps her eyes shut, buries her face in my side and plugs her ears. :rotfl:

16. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

:welcome: I love that story!!! Emma was actually pretty good on it and wasn't really scared too much... she really loved the ghost that sat on my head at the end :rotfl:

Isn't every day at Disney World a wonderful day? :cloud9:

I don't even find HM that scary, especially if you have been on it once already :confused3

17. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

So I thought I would let you all know that I booked our next trip today :banana:

I know Disney will never send me a PIN cause I never get more than 3 weeks out before I am booking again :confused3

So Eryka, Emma and I will b going Aug 27th to Sept 3rd. Emma's birthday is Sept 2nd so that will be fun!

Canadians have free dining available till Sept 29 2012 so I jumped and booked it

We are staying at the Contemporary again and doing park hoppers for the 1st time in years!

We are very excited! I am not sure if I will be doing a PTR or a TR for this trip. I decided I am going to see this trip through my eyes not my camera so other than typical posed pics and scenery pics there will be no pics of rides, shows, parades or fireworks :scared1:

18. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm caught up and ready to keep reading. It looks like you guys have had an awesome trip so far, and day 1's not even done!:banana:

19. Daddy_of_Princesses

Daddy_of_Princesses The downside of being better than everyone else is

Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy the trip. I'm sure you have plenty of photo's from this past year to remember Disney by.

20. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

:cool1:

21. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

It looks like you were all having a great day at MK!:goodvibes Can't wait to check out the new queue for Haunted Mansion. Aww...sorry the DIS meet didn't happen.:sad2:

Natalie--Congrats on booking your next trip!:thumbsup2