Our friends have done NO planning...

N5girl

Earning My Ears
I cannot quite believe this but my friends have done no planning whatsoever for Disneyland Paris. They are going for one day on Thurs. They are staying in the centre of Paris and will get the train out.

What are people's top tips? They have 2 boys who are 3 and 4.

Many thanks in advance.

this always shocks me too.

Warn them about the standing in queues, the crowds, the huge amount of walking that they may not be expecting. Tell them about the fast passes, single rider lines.

Tell them that prices for food and drinks will be higher in the parks than in normal shops.

print out this for them, it is the list of entertainment and character meets for this week https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf

give them this link http://www.disneylandparis.ie/attractions/map/ so that they can orintate themselves with the park and the locations of the lands

I'm such a precisionist that these kind of people like this put me on edge. I'd suggest picking 3 things they definitely want to do and making sure they hit them first, make sure they understand fast passes and also to take the time to soak up the atmosphere.

TBH I have never planned my trips for DLP, I'm fortunate to have been several times so aware when it's busy. I like how DLP is still not rigid in having to book FP in advance.

I've never felt the need to plan for DLP. Without any planning on my first visit there I managed to get round everything I wanted to do in both parks and even get some time in the village and see the wild west show. Sometimes its more fun not to plan and just go with the flow.

That said, I would absolutely plan (and have planned) for my trip to Disney in Orlando.

I like how DLP is still not rigid in having to book FP in advance.
So do I. ::yes:: We've just come back from DL where they're just about to start trialling FP+ - the thought of having to book fastpasses months ahead for WDW fills me with dread and I hope that it never comes to DLP.

I agree - there is less need to plan DLP than WDW.
If they are only going for the day I would suggest you
tell them to get there as early as possible and tell them they can get onto main street before the official 10am opening.
Make sure they understand FP - some people visiting for the first time done know how it works and think its something you have to pay for
Make sure they know there are 2 parks and maybe suggest a place for them to start or some rides depending on their interests - Im assuming due to the age of their children they will be most interested in Fantasyland rides
Tell them to collect a park programme on the way in and use it to see where they can meet characters /watch shows

Thanks. I think it is good to have some idea of what you want to do before you get to the parks otherwise it can be somewhat overwhelming. The link to the maps and character meets is great and I will pass it on.

Any tips on where to stand for the Magic Parade?

We always find the less busy area for the parade is in Fantasyland just beside Small World, outside Bella Note restaurant. It's the start of the parade route and once it's gone past, they can turn round and go into Fantasyland and enjoy some rides whilst the rest of the park watches the parade :goodvibes

have they booked their tickets online? that would be the first step for me!

this always shocks me too.

Warn them about the standing in queues, the crowds, the huge amount of walking that they may not be expecting. Tell them about the fast passes, single rider lines.

Tell them that prices for food and drinks will be higher in the parks than in normal shops.

print out this for them, it is the list of entertainment and character meets for this week https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...prod/en-gb/system/images/show-and-parades.pdf

give them this link http://www.disneylandparis.ie/attractions/map/ so that they can orintate themselves with the park and the locations of the lands

The links were really useful for me too! :) thank you.

We visit from the 1st to the 3rd (omg, excitement is through the roof - we told the kids last night. squeals galore!!)

do you think the programmes change much week to week? and how do i got about getting the ones for the week of 31st august? is it the same link that just gets updated?

thanks in advance.

The same link gets updated.
The programmes don't change too drastically week to week, it's more season to season so you can definitely "sketch" your trip based on this weeks

Tell them to have a blast!

We just went for the first time this past Saturday and loved it! We also planned it totally last minute (we booked the tickets Thursday morning on the French Disneyland Paris site from our hotel and got the 1 day/2 parks for 59 Euro deal (52 for 10 and under). We were able to use the hotel address and phone number and they printed them for us.
Tips:
- Plan extra time for train travel. Granted we were staying in the Paris/Boulogne area (St. Cloud stop on metro #9) it took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to the park.
- at 10:30 there was a very large crowd to get through the security area (took about 20+ minutes). However there is a line that was empty for those who did not have a bag/backpack to be searched. Maybe send one adult with the 2 children through the bagless line. Then the little ones don't have to wait in the crowd; and can even run to the bathroom while waiting for the other adult.
- Sadly, It's a Small World is under construction and not open (at least it's wasn't last Saturday).
- Eat lunch early to avoid the lines for food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!