Our first trip will be June 2008

Belfastgal

Earning My Ears
Hi folks

Me and my hubby have booked to go to Anaheim in June 2008 and we'll be flying ALLLLLL the way over from Scotland...a lovely 11 hours on a plane!!

We have been to WDW 4 times and know it like the back of our hands. We're really looking forward to DLR and seeing something new and different! Hubby thinks WDW is too familiar just now as we've been the last 3 yrs in a row so new parks, new rides etc are just what we need!

Anyway, I've been reading up on Fastpasses and was just wondering as I think I may have picked this up from a post, but haven't heard it repeated anywhere else. Once you get a FP can you use it from your allocated time and then if not used during that time, basically at any point that day?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks x

Hi folks

Me and my hubby have booked to go to Anaheim in June 2008 and we'll be flying ALLLLLL the way over from Scotland...a lovely 11 hours on a plane!!

We have been to WDW 4 times and know it like the back of our hands. We're really looking forward to DLR and seeing something new and different! Hubby thinks WDW is too familiar just now as we've been the last 3 yrs in a row so new parks, new rides etc are just what we need!

Anyway, I've been reading up on Fastpasses and was just wondering as I think I may have picked this up from a post, but haven't heard it repeated anywhere else. Once you get a FP can you use it from your allocated time and then if not used during that time, basically at any point that day?

Thanks x
Yes.

Here are some DLR FP threads that may help further:

The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets
www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720

Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132

Which Fast Pass First?
post #4
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1107718

Can't really add anything other than to read all of Hydroguyd rules and threads (posted above.) We too are flying from England next August for our 1st trip to DL after a few to WDW and DLP. I plan on purchasing Ride Max (www.ridemax.com) for my trip to help plan which order to do the rides in. It also has some great tips that are not available on websites I have read.
Have fun planning!!

Thanks for the tips guys! It does say that the CMs have been told to be flexible with FPs as in if your time has come and gone, they will still let you ride. Personally I don't know if I'd wanna take the risk, think I'll just stick to the ride times Ive given...unless of course someone has done this before and they managed to get on later than their allocated time without any hassle!

Interested to hear your stories...

hi!

we'll be there with you:thumbsup2 ; our 1st trip to DL (doesn't seem to be as much planning info out there for newbies lol).

I keep reading contradictory info (travel guides, message boards) as to whether you can obtain a 2nd FP once the "window" opens up or you must 1st use the one in-hand.:confused3

Do know that WDW is now very strict as to FP return times, especially during peak times and on the popular rides. We were shut out on Soarin'; even though it was because we were seated late for dinner; resulting in the delay.:rolleyes1

see you guys are from Europe, guess i'll quit complaining about our long, connecting flight (7+ hours):)

We've always been quite good with our FPs in WDW, and have always gone within our allocated time. That's why if it is the case, I'll find it difficult to get out of the habit of charging through the park to make sure we make our FP time!

As for the 11 hr flight, a good book and I'll be sorted! Plus we'll be flying with American Airlines who will have seatback TVs (unlike our last two flights to Florida from the UK) so it will be a nice change to actually have something to watch! :yay:

Many people have used the late fastpasses on their trips without any problems, it is something I plan to take advantage of on our trip. As for the fastpass rule you can get another fastpass either once a fast pass you are holding passes its start time, or 2 hours after you get your previous fastpass which ever time happens 1st.

Thanks for the tips guys! It does say that the CMs have been told to be flexible with FPs as in if your time has come and gone, they will still let you ride. Personally I don't know if I'd wanna take the risk, think I'll just stick to the ride times Ive given...unless of course someone has done this before and they managed to get on later than their allocated time without any hassle!

Interested to hear your stories...
When you get a chance to read the links I gave you it will relate that I have used FPs after their one hour window many times - well over a hundred times. So have many other people. There really is no risk since it has been DLR's policy to accept late FPs for at least four years now, but if you want to stick to the one hour window then that is your call.

Here was an interesting experience we had at the Indiana Jones ride in June: We showed up with our FPs at 10PM at night and the CM told us we would have to wait to ride it because ourt FP was from 10:30-11:30 and we were too early. When we pointed out that our FP window started at 10:30AM (not 10:30PM) she said "oh yeah, go ahead" and took our FPs.

I keep reading contradictory info (travel guides, message boards) as to whether you can obtain a 2nd FP once the "window" opens up or you must 1st use the one in-hand.:confused3
Not sure which message boards are being contradictory. The use of FPs at DLR after the one hour window has been prominently and clearly discussed for the last several years on all of the DLR boards of which I am aware. It is a sticky thread on a leading DLR board (MiceChat) here:

The Joy of FASTPASS - details and secrets
www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720

The only controversary I am aware of is whether this is "ethical".

When you get a chance to read the links I gave you it will relate that I have used FPs after their one hour window many times - well over a hundred times. So have many other people. There really is no risk since it has been DLR's policy to accept late FPs for at least four years now, but if you want to stick to the one hour window then that is your call.

Here was an interesting experience we had at the Indiana Jones ride in June: We showed up with our FPs at 10PM at night and the CM told us we would have to wait to ride it because ourt FP was from 10:30-11:30 and we were too early. When we pointed out that our FP window started at 10:30AM (not 10:30PM) she said "oh yeah, go ahead" and took our FPs.

Happy days! Well that will come in very handy for us I think! Thanks for the tips Hydroguy...much appreciated!! :yay:

Our last trip 2 years ago, we never used our FP's during their hour window. We got them in the morning and used them in the evening. A wonderful thing!!

How exciting about your June trip! We will be there next June too!

LOL im going in June of 08 too :thumbsup2 It is by far one of my most favorite times of the year to go, and so I know you are going to have a wonderful time.

Here are a few tips from me:

1. Yes you are right about the Fast Passes not expiring until the end of the day.

2. There are 2 parks Disneyland's main park and Disney's California Adventure park. DL is open until 11pm each night during the week but on Friday and Sat its open until midnight. DCA is only open until 9pm on week days and 10 on weekends. DCA is a great park to head to during the peak hours of the main park day between 1-6 as Disneylands main park is the most popular. Or going back to your hotel for a swim during this time is nice too and will give you a great breath of fresh air from the crowds.

3. Take in a parade, the fireworks and fantasmic. If your there for a few days the parades are at 3 and 6 and these are a wonderful time to take in the popular rides as everyone is watching the shows.

4. A great way to meet Mickey Mouse is actually in the DCA park. Go to the Hollywood back lot and take in the show "Drawn to the magic". It features 3 characters "Mickey, a princess, and either woody from toy story or Hercules". After the show you can do a meet and greet with these characters and its a much shorter lineup then going into say Toon Town or waiting on Mainstreet to see him.

5. Go to coke corner on the end of Main Street and ask for a Cherry Coke. Coke makes a cherry syrup "Different then what is sold in the stores" that is only made for Disneyland.

6. Don't even try to attempt going to see the main street electrical parade in the same night. It is SOOO Difficult to get from the DCA park over to Main Street in DL to get a good viewing of the fireworks. The fire works are much better in front of the castle and a wait for that would be a good hour and a half wait, but worth every second. Just grab a hot chocolate and enjoy.

7. If you want to do any character breakfast or you want to have dinner in a nicer restaraunt like the Blue Bayou, call disney Dining well in advance like a month or so.

8. If you get over a 3 day hopper you will receive an early entry ticket, and totally take advantage of that. EE was at 8:00 and so be in the lineup at around 7. This is a great way to take advantage of Fantasyland and Tomorrowland before the big rush hits and some rides are over 45 minutes EX: Peter Pan. If you want cheaper tickets my favorite place to get them is www.getawaytoday.com the prices are much cheaper there and they have up to 8 day passes.

9. There are many hotels that are close to the park and you wont need a shuttle to get to the main gates. My fav's are the Tropicana, Candy Cane Inn and Best Western Park place inn. These are less expensive hotels then the Resort hotels, some are closer then the Disneyland parking lot and they are clean with continental breakfasts.

*Like others said, check out Hydro Guys tricks of the trade www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520483

When do you plan to head to DL in june? I love the first week, the weather is georgeous and warm and not too hot, the crowd level is great as schools are still in. Sure there are school outings and church outings but the crowds were very doable.

Mystic_path those hints are great! thanks! We're heading over on 6th June and cannot wait! Moreso because we've been so used to WDW for so long, so its going to be so refreshing having new rides and places to explore!

We've booked into the Days Inn At the Park on South Harbour Boulevard. Will that be walking distance or would we be best to drive or get the hotel shuttle?

Where is Blue Bayou? Might give that a try!!!:thumbsup2

Hi folks

Thanks x

hey belfast girl...Im that way with DL...you could blindfold me and put earplugs in my ears and I would know where we are based upon the smell alone:lmao: but i know nothing about wdw...so maybe we can make a deal...I will help you with whatever you need to know about DL and you help me with wdw...planning a trip at the end of nov 09 out there and then doing the DCL so I really need help;)

LOL im going in June of 08 too :thumbsup2 It is by far one of my most favorite times of the year to go, and so I know you are going to have a wonderful time.

ok now im confused..i swear that I thought that your trip this past june was just your second time going to DL...what other time of the year have you gone...my brain must be going or something:confused:

You gotta deal missy! I'd be glad to help!

Okay, so do you know where this Days Inn is? Will we be able to walk to the parks or are we better to take the car/ shuttle? x

You gotta deal missy! I'd be glad to help!

Okay, so do you know where this Days Inn is? Will we be able to walk to the parks or are we better to take the car/ shuttle? x

Days Inn and Suites is off of Harbor and Ball and is NOT within walking distance imo....when your reading about things being 1 or 2 blocks they arent talking about normal street blocks...because in order to get to the main entrance of disneyland you have to go well more than 1 or 2 blocks... it runs off the ART which is DL shuttle system...$3 a day pp and it gives you unlimited use of the buses and if im not mistaken, the bus stop is right next to your hotel...what else ya got for me???:rotfl:

hi!

we'll be there with you:thumbsup2 ; our 1st trip to DL (doesn't seem to be as much planning info out there for newbies lol).

Keisha,

on the fastpass ticket there is a separate time besides the one that tells you when to use it....that time is when you are able to get a second fastpass...you dont have to wait till you use your first one to get the next...also, DL is not strict so much with the times you have to be there...I just wouldnt push it too much ;) or would I??????:rotfl:

Thanks for the info! We'll be hiring a car so we'll probably just drive to the park or maybe take the free hotel shuttle if we can't be bothered driving. I read somewhere that the fireworks aren't every nite - is that true? I could see that maybe being the case possibly in the winter, but would that be the case in June?

You got any q's on WDW for me? x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter