Our first trip to BCV

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by geffric, Jul 20, 2004.

1. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

I am in LOVE!!!

We have always stayed at OKW , our home resort, for our annual 2 week trip. But this trip I decided to do something different, so i booked 1 week at BCV and the second week at OKW.

We LOVED BCV.. the location, the pool, the resort... WONDERFUL!!!

We stayed in a 1 bedroom.. smaller than OKW but very comfy. Everything was in great shape, no problems or disrepaired things. The Bus service was fine, although we mostly walked to Epcot and MGM or took the boat. When we did hop a bus, things were great..

LOVE the location... The whole family agreed that we will now always do 1 week at BCV and the second at OKW.. I see an add on of BCV points in my very near future...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. kathleena

kathleena <font color=FF99FF>Because everyone needs a Fairy

Glad you enjoyed your stay at BCV. Sounds like we would agree - that different and totally enjoyable vacations can be found at all the DVC resorts!

4. calypso*a*go-go

calypso*a*go-go <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Sounds like you had a great time. Isn't great that DVC has the flexibility to try all the other resorts?

5. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

A week at BCV and a week at OKW sounds like a slice of heaven!

Glad you had such a great trip! Thanks for posting. :D

6. Disney Hot Mama

Disney Hot Mama DIS Veteran<br><font color=coral>Onion haters unit

I have found our 4th floor view of the quiet pool to be a bit noisy. I didn't realize the pool was opened 24 hours. Last night at 11:30 PM it was packed and crowded. The noise level was loud enough to hear from our bedroom. It actually woke us up at 11:30 as we had gone to bed to get up early in the morning. We stayed at OKW last summer (we were not members then) and I found that locaiton to be much quieter. Maybe I don't have enough stays under my belt yet but BCV while very nice has lots more noise. I think the guests from the BC use the quiet pool at night. I though it was for DVC members only. I guess I am way off base with that though.

I think next year we will head back to OKW as I love the openess of the rooms and the drive up parking.

7. db78

db78 Mouseketeer

:D We also stayed at BCV for our first trip home this year and loved it as well. What a great resort! I think we will have an add on in our future as well!

8. Happy Birthday Cat

Happy Birthday Cat <font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi

On the other hand, we love the quiet pool view and always request it. We have never had a problem with the noise. I don't know about BC guests using the BCV quiet pool but the BC has a quiet pool of it's own, although it's not quite as big.

HBC

9. poohnpiglet3

poohnpiglet3 Mouseketeer

Now I'm loving reading all of these posts about BCV with our purchase of 270 points at BCV underway! :)

Mmmm... chocolate chip pancakes sound yummmmmmmy!

Sherri :)