Our First Magical Poly Vacation: April 14-21 2012!

So sad to see the end of your trip....it is one of my favorite TRs going right now :( Glad you guys had a fun last day and the rain held off for you. We had a wedding party next to us on our last few minutes in the GCH too. Then we got overrun by the hula lessons and had to leave our comfy couches.

Hope you have a great time at Disneyland! Will try to follow along on your PTR :)

So sad to see the end of your trip....it is one of my favorite TRs going right now :( Glad you guys had a fun last day and the rain held off for you. We had a wedding party next to us on our last few minutes in the GCH too. Then we got overrun by the hula lessons and had to leave our comfy couches.

Hope you have a great time at Disneyland! Will try to follow along on your PTR :)

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes The weather on our last day worked our perfectly for us. I'm going to have to find a way to keep my PTR fresh and interesting since I'm still over 3 months out!

I just read this whole report in one sitting, and I don't even know where to begin...the Poly, the surprise cruise, the dessert party, the sunrise, all the perfectly planned ADRs...truly magical :goodvibes

All your planning seems to have paid off :thumbsup2

I enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for following!

I just read this whole report in one sitting, and I don't even know where to begin...the Poly, the surprise cruise, the dessert party, the sunrise, all the perfectly planned ADRs...truly magical :goodvibes

All your planning seems to have paid off :thumbsup2

Thank you! The more I have had time to think about the trip, the more I've been happy with it - it seems like everything went according to plan even when things weren't! We had an absolutely wonderful time and really sets the bar high for our next trip.

Love the TR,Dave! Glad you had a magical trip!! Have a great time at Disneyland!

Oh, Eeyore signed our books at CP, too.

Wow, what a great ending to a fabulous TR!!! I love that you spent your last day at MK and got to do so much! Nice job too scoring CP for lunch! I'm so glad you all had a good time all the way up to the end. You know I'll be following on your PTR for Disneyland!!! Thank you for a super TR!!!! :goodvibes

Popped over here from my DL TR and read the whole thing in one day, which is pretty good considering I was home with DS all day!! :lmao: Really enjoyed your adventures with your family, seems like y'all had an amazing trip. I'll bookmark your PTR for reading tomorrow. I really look forward to your TR and seeing how IASW and HM look with the holiday overlay! HM just went down for the overlay to be put in place this past Monday, our last day in the parks. Hopefully one day we will get to see it in place!

Popped over here from my DL TR and read the whole thing in one day, which is pretty good considering I was home with DS all day!! :lmao: Really enjoyed your adventures with your family, seems like y'all had an amazing trip. I'll bookmark your PTR for reading tomorrow. I really look forward to your TR and seeing how IASW and HM look with the holiday overlay! HM just went down for the overlay to be put in place this past Monday, our last day in the parks. Hopefully one day we will get to see it in place!

Thank you!! Your posting gave me a reason to read through my TR again and relive our wonderful time at Disney! :thumbsup2

It just so happens that yesterday I found out about a "perfectly placed" student holiday for DD on a Monday and Tuesday during the last week of January. When discussing options about what we should do for that long weekend with DW, WDW was mentioned (probably by me :laughing:) and DW thought that would be fun! So now I'm starting to explore pricing options and compare with some other destinations we have in mind. But as of now, it looks like a very strong possibility that we will end up in WDW for that weekend!

Back to WDW already!! I'm jealous ~ I've been staying away from the DIS a bit, b/c our next trip is soooooooooooo farrrrrrrrr (said in my best whiny voice).

We've been at the end of January ~ great time to go!! I know the weather is very unpredictable, but we even had a day or two of swimming and nice, low crowds! Have fun!

auprincess said:
Back to WDW already!! I'm jealous ~ I've been staying away from the DIS a bit, b/c our next trip is soooooooooooo farrrrrrrrr (said in my best whiny voice).

We've been at the end of January ~ great time to go!! I know the weather is very unpredictable, but we even had a day or two of swimming and nice, low crowds! Have fun!

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to go back so soon either, but absolutely no complaints here! We tried the last week of January in 2011 and loved the low crowds. And even with the unpredictable weather, it'll still be warmer than home :)

We are considering November 2013/January 2014 for our next DW vacation. Thinking that no matter what, anything is warmer than -35 like here in Manitoba! LOL

Hi! I feel so lucky having seen your trip report link on your new pre-trip report! I'm enjoying reading it so much, and it sounds like you had a wonderful, magical vacation! Thanks for sharing it! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer

Hi! I feel so lucky having seen your trip report link on your new pre-trip report! I'm enjoying reading it so much, and it sounds like you had a wonderful, magical vacation! Thanks for sharing it! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer

Thank you so much Jennifer. Even after all these months, I still have vivid memories from this particular trip. During our trip last week, everytime the Resort Monorail stopped at Poly it brought back fond memories. I'm happy to hear that some of my DIS friends are still getting a chance to read the TR! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter