Our February DFTW 2.25.13 // WP&Ariels // *Double Digits!

Let me know what you hear! I'd love to provide my own candy! It was quite a bit of sticker shock when I get the floral BEO!

If you want to see my floral/candy bar set up, let me know and I can pm you the BEO.

Let me know what you hear! I'd love to provide my own candy! It was quite a bit of sticker shock when I get the floral BEO!

If you want to see my floral/candy bar set up, let me know and I can pm you the BEO.

I was told you can provide your own candy as long as its individually wrapped! It also can not be homemade and wrapped, it has to be sealed from the manufacturer. Thankfully all of my candy was individually wrapped except for the jellybeans and colored m&m's.. hopefully Disney doesnt charge too much! :eek:

I would love to see your candy bar set up and BEO! It would help me budget a little better since theres now a bit of a snag! Thank you so much for giving me a heads up!!!

Let us know what you hear back!!! i am curious myself

Its not as bad as I thought! You can bring in your own candy, just has to be individually wrapped and you need to have someone set the candy bar up for you. However, Im pretty sure I read that Disney charges you $25 an hour if you need them to set up more than 3 items at the reception? Not sure, Im going to have to re-read my passporters book. My planner told me this is a great thing to go over at the planning session so Im pretty excited now!

Your candy buffet looks great!

Thank you!!

The candy buffet is going to be so cool!! Do you have any ideas for candy bags yet?

Not exactly the same but, I figured since we'd have a lot of desserts at our dessert party I decided to put out pastry boxes for our guests to take a few snacks with them at the end of the night. I'll have to talk to my coordinator, but I have heard they have no problem with you taking the extras. So, might as well share with our guests. I was just thinking plain white pastry boxes from Michael's and a sticker with our names and wedding date.

I'm curious to see what you come up with as I LOVE your inspiration pictures!!

We're getting chinese take out containers from Disney for our bags for the candy bar and I'm thinking of providing a sticker to stick on them. I would probably do my own bags, but we actually stuck pretty close to the minimum so its an easy thing to get me there (and less I have to pack).

I hope we can take the extra candy! For what I'm paying, I better be eating candy until 2014!

Hello! Just came across your PJ and love your plans so far. I am from Huntington Sta and am in the process of moving to New Orleans, LA. Love your dress and plans so far. I totally agree with you on the NY wedding prices. It's just crazy. I couldn't bring myself to do it and just wanted to elope, but when my DF suggested Disney and knowing how much I love it, I had to look into it. We're getting married next Aug and the sitting and waiting is torture.....but I am enjoying everyone's planning in the meantime. Look forward to following along....

I needed one more post to send my dessert party budget. So you'll be getting that soon!

Thank you SO much for sending that over! :goodvibes

Hello! Just came across your PJ and love your plans so far. I am from Huntington Sta and am in the process of moving to New Orleans, LA. Love your dress and plans so far. I totally agree with you on the NY wedding prices. It's just crazy. I couldn't bring myself to do it and just wanted to elope, but when my DF suggested Disney and knowing how much I love it, I had to look into it. We're getting married next Aug and the sitting and waiting is torture.....but I am enjoying everyone's planning in the meantime. Look forward to following along....

Thank you! NY was ridiculous.. we started planning there but for one night, I couldnt bear to do it. We are $16,000 cheaper for a Disney wedding.. which includes a dessert party as our welcome event, a rehearsal dinner at Ohanas, our wedding day, and than a farewell brunch.. So essentially a 4 day event vs 4 hours... how could we justify getting married here? I am beyond happy with our decision!

Good luck in planning your wedding! Ill keep an eye our for a PJ from you!!

The candy buffet is going to be so cool!! Do you have any ideas for candy bags yet?

Not exactly the same but, I figured since we'd have a lot of desserts at our dessert party I decided to put out pastry boxes for our guests to take a few snacks with them at the end of the night. I'll have to talk to my coordinator, but I have heard they have no problem with you taking the extras. So, might as well share with our guests. I was just thinking plain white pastry boxes from Michael's and a sticker with our names and wedding date.

I'm curious to see what you come up with as I LOVE your inspiration pictures!!

We are using these bags as the containers for our buffet
il_570xN.325355285.jpg

Ours are white with a purple sticker that reads
"Love is Sweet.. So take a Treat"
with our names and date

Those candy buffet inspiration pics look great! I love the candy you've picked so far and colours are fantastic! The candy bags are really cute too.

Your candy buffet bags are so cute!! I had heard the same thing- the candy has to be wrapped individually or they have to provide it. Good you got that squared! :) As for them setting out 3 things- we had them set a bunch of things for ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and they didnt charge us anything extra. I wouldnt ask until they tell you theyre charging you, but thats me. We got our table signs from Impressions and they told me it was like $100 fee to set them up - yes, to set up 6(!) table signs that already cost me $250. haha They said Disney was going to charge me the same fee anyway and they knew what they were doing. I emailed my planner immediately and confirmed there was no charge for Disney to set up my table names. Just a heads up there! :goodvibes

Your candy buffet bags are so cute!! I had heard the same thing- the candy has to be wrapped individually or they have to provide it. Good you got that squared! :) As for them setting out 3 things- we had them set a bunch of things for ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and they didnt charge us anything extra. I wouldnt ask until they tell you theyre charging you, but thats me. We got our table signs from Impressions and they told me it was like $100 fee to set them up - yes, to set up 6(!) table signs that already cost me $250. haha They said Disney was going to charge me the same fee anyway and they knew what they were doing. I emailed my planner immediately and confirmed there was no charge for Disney to set up my table names. Just a heads up there! :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely keep quiet till Im told theres a fee for set up! $100 is absurd to set up table signs!!! Im so glad you checked with Disney and saved that $$$ I think DF would officially lose it if someone tried to charge us that. That might be his breaking point! :rotfl:

Wedding planning has been on a back burner for the past few weeks. Work has kept me plenty busy, DS started soccer on top of his swimming and the weekends have been non stop with plans! Yesterday was actually my last day of work, I was laid off due to a huge cut in the budget. I was upset first, panicking since our wedding is coming up, but Im actually excited to be a stay at home mom once again.. regardless of how short it will be, Im going to enjoy it!

We leave two weeks from tomorrow for our planning session. Ive been trying to get together everything I want to show my planner to make sure they understand my vision. I am going to send over the planning packets tonight to make sure everything I have is in. Ive still got to gather up stuff for our vacation and pack. As if enough wasnt going on already, the week after we return from Disney is DS's 3rd birthday so we have that party to plan so that we're not in a rush after we get back from vacation.

Im starting to feel the pressure now! 6.5 months till the wedding and I feel like time is going to FLYYYYYYYYY :goodvibes

Wedding planning has been on a back burner for the past few weeks. Work has kept me plenty busy, DS started soccer on top of his swimming and the weekends have been non stop with plans! Yesterday was actually my last day of work, I was laid off due to a huge cut in the budget. I was upset first, panicking since our wedding is coming up, but Im actually excited to be a stay at home mom once again.. regardless of how short it will be, Im going to enjoy it!

We leave two weeks from tomorrow for our planning session. Ive been trying to get together everything I want to show my planner to make sure they understand my vision. I am going to send over the planning packets tonight to make sure everything I have is in. Ive still got to gather up stuff for our vacation and pack. As if enough wasnt going on already, the week after we return from Disney is DS's 3rd birthday so we have that party to plan so that we're not in a rush after we get back from vacation.

Im starting to feel the pressure now! 6.5 months till the wedding and I feel like time is going to FLYYYYYYYYY :goodvibes

I am so excited for you!!! I hope you will tell us all about how your planning session goes, and lots of photos too!!

Too bad on getting aid off, I am real sorry. I bet it will be a lovely break to be stay-at-home for a while. I would just DREAM of all the last minute DIY projects I could do! :cheer2: I am certain everything will be lovely :D

I am so excited for you!!! I hope you will tell us all about how your planning session goes, and lots of photos too!!

Too bad on getting aid off, I am real sorry. I bet it will be a lovely break to be stay-at-home for a while. I would just DREAM of all the last minute DIY projects I could do! :cheer2: I am certain everything will be lovely :D

Thank you! I am definitely going to take a ton of pictures! I am so excited, I cant wait!!!

Thats right! 8 days left till we leave for Disney World :yay::yay:

I cant contain my excitement! I sent over all of my paperwork to disney, printed out all the pictures of my "vision" for our room. Ive gone over my guest counts, my menus I would love to have for both my reception and dessert party.. I think Ive got everything I need for the session! If any past brides have any tips PLEASE share! :goodvibes

We leave thursday afternoon at 1pm, right after DF gets out of work and we return on the 26th. 10 lovely days in WDW! My son cant wait, he was so happy when we brought out the suitcases he said "is it time to go to mickeys house now!?" Love him!! Our session isnt officially to the 21st, but I can wait.. dont want my trip to go THAT fast! :rotfl:

Ill be updating as soon as I get back with a huge review and tons of pictures! Now that im unemployed, I have the time to do these things :lmao:

i've been reading along and love all your plans- esp. your candy bar!

have fun on your PS vaca!:yay:

getting ready for our planning and tasting, hopefully i will see you there. i just talked to my planner.....did you hear they are taking out the empty fish tank in the ariel room....dont know how you feel about it but i am happy, it was such an eye sore. God i am so excited but have lots to do. let me know your thoughts or if you have heard anything i didnt about the ariel room. thanks!

getting ready for our planning and tasting, hopefully i will see you there. i just talked to my planner.....did you hear they are taking out the empty fish tank in the ariel room....dont know how you feel about it but i am happy, it was such an eye sore. God i am so excited but have lots to do. let me know your thoughts or if you have heard anything i didnt about the ariel room. thanks!

I actually had NO idea about the update at all until I went to show my future sister in law the room and it was tarped over! I had a mini freak out, so I asked my planner right away. I dont mind the fish tank being removed at all. She didnt have really any info about the updates, just that they were being "updated and refreshed". She is supposed to try and send me over some pictures so I feel better about not seeing what is going on! :laughing:

I hope you enjoyed your planning session! I had such a great time at mine and Im so sad its over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter