Our "Fantasy" Came True - February 7-14 2015...Lots of Pics (Updated 4/7...Day 8)

Latest update (link) should be entertaining from my issues with our excursion to losing some of the members in our party to a great night at Palo.

Awesome update! Hope Ella has an easy go with it. I know it won't be, but maybe all will be ok and no grand mal. The pirate ship looks cool, but I was worried about the bobbing. I love snorkeling on a catamaran. They seem to be a little smoother. I would have joined Kathy on the freak out. One of my biggest fears is getting separated in port. I am amazed Chris got on with out the card. They are usually so strict about that. Looking forward to more!

I am so excited to read your report! We just booked our 1st cruise (on the Fantasy as well), so I am looking forward to reading all about yours!

Awesome update! Hope Ella has an easy go with it. I know it won't be, but maybe all will be ok and no grand mal.
Thank you. If it is just the absence seizures and she doesn't have them that often or the meds keeps them at bay, then it isn't really that scary. Of course the main concern is that the small ones don't increase in frequency or she has a grand mal. The word seizure is scary but the ones she is having are not that bad as long as it doesn't get worse.

I am amazed Chris got on with out the card. They are usually so strict about that. Looking forward to more!
Obviously we were surprised too! I didn't think the guard would say he let them through the gate, I thought maybe he would say, "yeah, I saw them, they went that way" or "nope, don't recall seeing them." Not only did they pass through the guard without Ella's KTTW card but the crew members checking people in as well.

I love your writing style! And I'm getting excited for my own cruise reading about your trip!

We were on this cruise too! No kids with us, so a much different experience. I keep meaning to post my trip report with pics to give an adult only perspective and something always gets in the way. I know I saw you around the ship a few times. :)

I love your writing style! And I'm getting excited for my own cruise reading about your trip!
Thank you. Never sure about my writing style. Glad you understand my gibberish! :)

We were on this cruise too! No kids with us, so a much different experience. I keep meaning to post my trip report with pics to give an adult only perspective and something always gets in the way. I know I saw you around the ship a few times. :)
I would be very curios to hear what you did as I've wondered how different of a cruise this would have been without the kids. Plus, now you've got me curious if I would recognize you!

Fun update! On our St. Thomas day we took a taxi to Crown Bay and then a water taxi over to Honeymoon Beach where we hung out for the day. Its a great beach and the food offerings were good. We rented a golf cart too and drove around the island, its small but was fun to drive around and we got some of the best views. It was an awesome day. I'm looking forward to our youngest getting a bit older so we can go snorkeling. He's only 4 so we didn't feel comfortable doing a snorkeling excursion this year and I really wanted to see Honeymoon beach but none of the offered excursions would allow for a child under 5 so we were on our own. It took some pre-planning but we had a really great day.

I would be freaking out if we lost part of our party... that did not seem like an awesome vacation experience :) But hey its Disney so you bounce back quickly.

Fun update! On our St. Thomas day we took a taxi to Crown Bay and then a water taxi over to Honeymoon Beach where we hung out for the day. Its a great beach and the food offerings were good. We rented a golf cart too and drove around the island, its small but was fun to drive around and we got some of the best views. It was an awesome day. I'm looking forward to our youngest getting a bit older so we can go snorkeling. He's only 4 so we didn't feel comfortable doing a snorkeling excursion this year and I really wanted to see Honeymoon beach but none of the offered excursions would allow for a child under 5 so we were on our own. It took some pre-planning but we had a really great day.

I would be freaking out if we lost part of our party... that did not seem like an awesome vacation experience :) But hey its Disney so you bounce back quickly.

In hindsight I really wished we would have just went to a beach. Even my daughters say now that next time, lets just go find a beach. I love snorkeling but with younger kids there has to be some time for them to get acclimated and a short excursion is not the answer.

The kids were with an adult but it's funny the scenarios that start running through your head after a while. I was a bit upset for a little thinking why would you get on the ship and not tell anyone, but he felt bad afterwards and there was nothing you could do about it so you just move on and enjoy your vacation. We did bounce back fairly quickly.

Entertaining report! I really like the St Thomas pics and I would have felt the same way "losing" people. 1.5 is nowhere. Great BBB pics of the pretty girls! :cutie: Palo is fab, love it there! You all outdid yourselves on pirate night, even the makeup is fantastic!

Entertaining report! I really like the St Thomas pics and I would have felt the same way "losing" people. 1.5 is nowhere. Great BBB pics of the pretty girls! :cutie: Palo is fab, love it there! You all outdid yourselves on pirate night, even the makeup is fantastic!

Oh you should have seen some of the pirate costumes. We were nothing compared to some. Guys dressed up in full Jack Sparrow outfits. The coolest I saw (and I should have put this in the report) was a guy dressed up as Hook from ABC's "Once Upon a Time". He was in a character line right behind me and I asked if that was what he was going for and of course he was. He even had a face similar to the guy.

great report!
Thank you!

Got around to getting our last day of the cruise on my blog. Will eventually get debarkation and the last day of our vacation on there as well.

Those pictures are from two different cameras actually. I imported all the pictures from the family that went with us as well as ours. One is a Canon t5i and I'm not sure what the other is, sorry. Curious if you can tell the difference or which pictures you think look better than the others. At times I think the other family's camera does a better job than ours. Although I should say, most of the photos I use for the blog are from our t5i.

Last edited:
Last post of our vacation. Hope you enjoyed coming along the trip with us. Feel free to ask any questions either on here or on the blog itself. If I could afford to do it again, I would do another Disney Cruise in a heartbeat. It was worth doing!

Such an amazing review. I greatly appreciate all the effort you put into it. I leave in 10 days and will soon be experiencing all the excitement and post cruise blues as well.

I really loved the blog and thoroughly enjoyed reading along. We are traveling with another family in June on our first cruise. Kids are the same ages, so your report has gotten me more excited to see what fun memories we will make together. Thanks for investing time in the report and I hope you get to cruise again some day soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter