Our "Fantasy" Came True - February 7-14 2015...Lots of Pics (Updated 4/7...Day 8)

You have a very entertaining writing style so I am looking forward to future installments. Thx for taking the time to share your journey.

Thank you! I am glad it is entertaining. My writing is very unrefined so I worry whether people will want to keep reading.

loving the trip report so far! Can't wait for the next installment!
Thank you. I want to get this all out as soon as possible while everything is fresh in my mind still. At the very minimum however, I want it complete by April. I don't always have time to do this as much as I'd like.

We were on this sailing too, without our kids. Looking forward to the rest of your report because it will be very very different from what we experienced. Our entire week was spent on our huge verandah, a couch in the Cove area or listening to our friend play in O'Gills! We avoided the family areas.

I LOVE the tips at the end. Will.this be eaatern or western?
With the amount of detail I go into, I figured I better give the average reader the cliff notes.
This was Eastern. We stopped at St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, and Castaway Cay.

Awesome report! I love the details and what a great memoir for your family!
Yes. I feel like I forget so much about what happens, even in our daily lives andI want to remember these things. Even the small things. So I want to start writing more things down on here so maybe my girls can read it when they get older. Might not be so interesting to others given the details. I'm not sure.

We were on this sailing too, without our kids. Looking forward to the rest of your report because it will be very very different from what we experienced. Our entire week was spent on our huge verandah, a couch in the Cove area or listening to our friend play in O'Gills! We avoided the family areas.
OH yes, this will be quite different. I've been waiting for others to post pictures from this cruise just to see if we'd see ourselves in the background but I haven't seen many pictures yet.

Can't wait to read more, your two families seem a great match!
Yes, the kids all get along really well. The middle children (Number 2's) are boy/girl but thankfully Ella is my most tomboyish. They are a great family.

It was very fun. I want to do it again right now. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Thank you very much for posting we go on ours April 18th and can't wait to finish reading yours. What time was your PAT and what time did you get to the port at?

Thank you very much for posting we go on ours April 18th and can't wait to finish reading yours. What time was your PAT and what time did you get to the port at?
I didn't mention that, did I? Our PAT was at 11am. I think we got there just a few minutes prior. By the time I got back it was probably closer to noon but of course we were able to get right on once I got into the building. In fact, the other family could have gotten on shortly after they checked in but they waited for me. I think we were on board by 12:15.

The traffic was good even though there were another ship at that port. Funny thing is, the day we got back only the Fantasy was in port and my family and I went to get the van from Budget. When we returned to pick up the other family, the traffic was really backed up. Not sure why it was so bad that day. I would suggest if you are doing the rental thing to maybe try to get there around 1/2 hour before your PAT.

I just want to say that I am really enjoying your TR. I know that they are a lot of work (especially when you have kids) but it is so nice to hear a parents POV on the cruises. We are traveling with our 20 month old in September on the Fantasy so I am thoroughly enjoying all of your details.

We were on the same cruise :) Its amazing to me how different our cruising experiences were. Of course we have 3 boys so no princess stuff for us, but there was a heck of a lot of detective agency and mini-golf!

I just want to say that I am really enjoying your TR. I know that they are a lot of work (especially when you have kids) but it is so nice to hear a parents POV on the cruises. We are traveling with our 20 month old in September on the Fantasy so I am thoroughly enjoying all of your details.

It has been taking me a little bit to do. I've been falling behind because we've had so much going on lately. Hopefully I can punch out day 4 in the next day or two.

We were on the same cruise :) Its amazing to me how different our cruising experiences were. Of course we have 3 boys so no princess stuff for us, but there was a heck of a lot of detective agency and mini-golf!

Different because of all the girls stuff we are doing? As you'll read eventually, the detective agency did take off. The one boy on the group started doing it. In fact, I don't remember which night he first picked it up, it very well may have been the first night because we ate at Enchanted Garden and one of the kiosks. He did a little here and there but by day 6 it was in full swing and got the younger girls to start their own.

I'd be interested in hearing what you did now!
I have been really enjoying your report! We are going in June!:yay:

Thank you. It was so much fun I love writing about it when I can because it sort of helps me relive it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter