Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

I too loved the Louboutin's d'orsay. I remember drooling over them. I even tried to use the rationale that my dress cost X so to stay in proportion w/ the dress cost I can easily spend that on shoes. But, then I came to my senses and kept it in the $200 range. Anyway....

I have only ever had 2 pairs of shoes dyed. One was cheapy dyeables back in HS to match my dress for a homecoming dance (what was I thinking! :eek:). The other were semi-decent shoes I had to buy for another wedding and hated the color so they're now a fun Deep Violet. The only issue I've had is that my heel has had a stain at the end of the night b/c of the dye bleeding thru. No biggie IMHO. I've never heard of the color fading, but I haven't researched it either. My wedding heels are "not dyeable" so they've been sitting in their felt bag since the wedding :sad1:, but I know I will find a way to wear 'em again.:cheer2:

Ultimately, I think you need to decide what is best for you and something that doesn't make you rethink your whole wedding color scheme over. That's just adding more stressers. In the end, I was happy I didn't overspend on something as insignificant (to my guests) as shoes. It's always better to splurge on other things that your guests will notice and appreciate. Hope I helped some and can't wait to see what you decide. :goodvibes

Thank you for the shoe advice!! :) I am still very much on the black shoe idea because I've realized I just really want black shoes (gives me a rebellious bride feeling I guess) and think they will fit our wedding well! We are incorporating black and white polka dots into whatever we can (invitations, wedding programs, my hair clip, grooms socks) so I think black heels will fit nicely into the "theme". I guess for me (being a poor grad student), getting the most for my money is high on my list for the things I buy for this one day, so I just feel that my designer black shoes will give me the most use in the end and they are something I really want (for some girls it's the dress, ya know?). If I didn't splurge on shoes I probably could instead use that money for prettier favors for our guests, but I just know that stuff won't really matter to them. Or I could spend money on flowers to decorate the WP, but they will just die and are pointless to me because it's already so pretty there. Since our parents are covering the welcome dinner and reception, we aren't really needing to spend any additional money anywhere else. They actually fit into our budget really nicely...so I think I'm going for it! :yay:

In other news...we've made a reservation at Ohanas for our welcome dinner the night before the wedding!! :cool1: I wanted somewhere more casual than our reception dinner at Citricos and I keep hearing amazing things about Ohanas. The only thing I'm worried about it their limited vegetarian options (for myself being the only vegetarian!!) but I want our guests to enjoy the meal and have fun there so we are still going with them.

Oh you guys will love 'Ohana!! That's where we are having our rehearsal dinner.

There are a few itemt on the menu for Vegetarians:
'Ohana Welcome Bread
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing
Lo mein Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki sauce with fresh vegetables
Stir-fried Vegetables
'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

Seriusly the salad and dessert would be enough for me! We love the salad so much we put it on our menu for the reception!

Ok I LOVE the third pair of black shoes and you can hardly go wrong with Kate Spade... if I had the balance and the ankle fortitude I'd sooo be all over those puppies! Alas I fall flat on my face and hurt myself every time I wear anything taller than kitten heels. :rotfl2:

Rock the black shoes! I am sure they will look great.

About O'Hana, I love it!!! I am thinking I would like my welcome dinner there too, optional to whoever would like to join. I recently read a blog post about the great vegetarian options and attention you get there, sent it to my vegetarian friend and she was so impressed she wanted to go there... NOW ;)

Link to blog here

I did hear that Al Groh is gone. I'm still ashamed that William & Mary beat us this year :headache:

This just made me lol, my cousin plays for W&M.

weedee said:
I was trying to figure out what we want tossed at us as we leave the ceremony (rose petals, bubbles, etc.). I know that I don't want to go through Disney for rose petals - they are just too darn expensive! But I really don't want to go and find a florist to get my own petals while I'm in Orlando, especially anytime near the wedding day. And it seems we can't use silk petals since they aren't biodegradable. So I found this idea to use freeze-dried petals instead, which have a lot of benefits including no staining (which I've read can happen with fresh petals), are cheaper than fresh petals, and also don't have to be obtained the day of (or day before) the wedding (they can be purchased up to a month before the wedding). Anyway, has anyone experience freeze-dried petals? The companies that produce them have a huge array of colors, my favorite are below since our colors are yellow/green

I'm having the same issue - I really want blue rose petals (we're using silk for our bouquets.) Do you have a good link for freeze dried petals?

Oh you guys will love 'Ohana!! That's where we are having our rehearsal dinner.

There are a few itemt on the menu for Vegetarians:
'Ohana Welcome Bread
Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing
Lo mein Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki sauce with fresh vegetables
Stir-fried Vegetables
'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

Seriusly the salad and dessert would be enough for me! We love the salad so much we put it on our menu for the reception!

Yay!! Thanks for listing those items! It definitely looks like they'll have more than enough food for me to eat - I can't wait!!! Everything sounds delicious, it's making me hungry....maybe I need to eat lunch now...

I have read that a lot of restaurants that don't show vegetarian options are willing to cook something special. You can call ahead or some places will do it on the spot, you can ask to speak to the chef.

this site really helped me
http://allears.net/din/vegtsparks.htm

http://allears.net/din/vegresorts.htm

WOW awesome site!! Thanks for sending that my way, I'm definitely going to be using this for our honeymoon too :cloud9:

Good choice!! We'll be having our welcome dinner there too!!!!

YES! I'm really excited about it and hopefully it'll be a great time for our guests. The meat on skewers is right up the alley of the guys that will be there, hah!

Ok I LOVE the third pair of black shoes and you can hardly go wrong with Kate Spade... if I had the balance and the ankle fortitude I'd sooo be all over those puppies! Alas I fall flat on my face and hurt myself every time I wear anything taller than kitten heels. :rotfl2:

Rock the black shoes! I am sure they will look great.

About O'Hana, I love it!!! I am thinking I would like my welcome dinner there too, optional to whoever would like to join. I recently read a blog post about the great vegetarian options and attention you get there, sent it to my vegetarian friend and she was so impressed she wanted to go there... NOW ;)

Link to blog here

Awesome blog btw!!! Thank you, I really enjoyed looking through that. I'm just so glad we made our reservations there. I want to go there now too, did I mention I'm hungry??

I'm feeling more and more confident about my black shoes :) I think I'm going to order them this weekend because I want them when I get my dress altered to make sure they work perfectly with it. I love the Kate Spade's too, but they are also over a $100 more expensive :sad2:

I'm having the same issue - I really want blue rose petals (we're using silk for our bouquets.) Do you have a good link for freeze dried petals?

I've been looking at petals from Flyboy Naturals. Here is their website: http://www.flyboynaturals.com/

I've read nothing but great reviews about their freeze dried petals from other brides who went that route. They don't seem to have blue rose petals, BUT then do have freeze dried hydrangea petals or peony petals which are blue-ish!! :flower3:

I've made an appointment with David's Bridal for my alterations next month. I finally decided and bought my wedding shoes so I can take them with me to my appointment and make sure the dress fits perfectly with them. They arrived today and let's just say I'm completely in love :lovestruc I'm actually amazed at how well they go with my dress.

ry%3D400

I've also booked Beaute Speciale for my make up on the wedding day :woohoo: Ana has been awesome to talk with so far. I'm really excited about it because even though I had planned to do my own make up, this way I know that it will look great on film and I won't have to stress about it at all!! That's the most important part I think :yay: The main reasons I even decided to go with a professional were all the discouraging reviews I've been reading about how it's a bad idea to wear mineral make up on your wedding day. I only wear mineral make up and the last thing I wanted to do was spend a ton of money on foundation that I'd never use after the wedding!

Now that I have my shoes, I spent some time putting together a crude inspiration board to pull everything together. Some of the things on it are actual elements in my wedding like my dress, shoes, pearls I'll wear and bouquet plans. I hope to have polka dots incorporated in my hair piece and ribbon on my bouquet and DF's boutineer. I've never put a board together before, so this is really just to jot all my thoughts down so I don't forget :goodvibes

ry%3D400

:cool1: Love the shoes! Plus you can wear them again and you can relive the wonderful memories attached to them often! How cool is that?

The board is coming along wonderfully!

oooh LOVE the shoes! I am drawn to really high heels but not so good at wearing them...so we'll see about my wedding shoes. Right now I have nice silver shoes that were pretty comfortable for being so high...but I may chicken out and get a smaller heel. I really love those ones though and I love your inspiration board! I tried to do one once but then got frustrated so I kinda gave up.

Yay for booking make-up! I was really happy with how Ana did my make-up for my epics, I'm sure she'll do a great! I also usually only wear mineral make-up but I feel like I do tend to look more washed out in pictures and it doesn't really last as long as regular make-up, which I would be concerned about on my wedding day.

I love love love love love your shoes!!!! Where did you get them?

I got them from Zappos (free overnight shipping...it was awesome!). They are Badgley Mischka's Randall :)

Oh I love your inspiration board! Loving the yellow!

Yay for the shoes! Love them!:thumbsup2

love your shoes!

:cool1: Love the shoes! Plus you can wear them again and you can relive the wonderful memories attached to them often! How cool is that?

The board is coming along wonderfully!

I love your colour combination.

Thanks ladies!! :goodvibes I'm glad you all like the color combination and my shoes :cutie: I love that I can wear them again after the wedding. It's hard having them sit there in my closet - I'm keeping them in the box so I don't get tempted!! I'm happy with how things are moving along so far. I can't wait to get my dress altered because I feel like once that's done the hard stuff is out of the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter