Our "Dreamy" anniversary cruise....with pics 5/30/13-6/02/13 UPDATED W/ALL NAVIGATORS

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by tweis, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Trina - we had an amazing time on our cruise. Thanks to your trip report I was well informed. :) We did Express walk off- awesome. We were in line @ 6:50AM to walk off and were eating breakfast at Tusker House (Animal Kingdom) @ 8:45AM! Loved Palo - we did brunch (So good - Chicken Parm w/ Risotto & the sticky buns were our favorites!!) & dinner (chocolate soufflé - was so amazing!!) We rebooked a four night for the whole family for Dec. 2014. Thanks again for everything! Merry Christmas.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I am so glad that you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to try Palo Brunch. I have heard so much about that awesome chicken parm. Yummy :yay:

I'm really glad that my trip report helped you to feel more prepared for your cruise. Was the ship beautiful with the Christmas decorations? I bet it was. I really hope that we can cruise while its decorated one year. I was really hoping for early Dec. 2014 but we are booked on the Magic in April 2014 and my DH and I have decided to spend a week in Vegas without our boys so......

4. tej917

tej917 Nemo999

Thanks for a fantastic trip report! We are going on our first cruise with 2 kids and my parents. You have shared some great tips - Thank you!
    Tej.

5. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my report. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

6. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

We just moved up our family trip in Dec '14 on the Dream to March '14 on the Magic. DH is turning 40 in March and he wants to celebrate with the whole family. Plus sadly we have been bitten by the "Disney cruise bug" & we did not think we could wait until Dec. So sad! ;)

So now I am researching what a cruise looks like with 3 boys. For our Dec '13 cruise I skipped all the kid stuff and concentrated on adult only information. It is like planning a first cruise all over again. :)

To answer your question- yes the ship was decorated very pretty for Christmas!! Loved the tree in the atrium & the gingerbread house. Looking forward to seeing what a cruise ship looks like "un-decorated" in March.

Off to plan a cruise with kids... ;)

7. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I don't know how I'm only just seeing this! I hope you have a fantastic family cruise on the Magic. You've got to report back and tell me about the Magic since you are sailing before me. :)

8. pepe3penelope

pepe3penelope Princess Ariel at Heart

I know ur trip was last year but I came across ur TR & am enjoying it! Already on page 2. We went as a family of 4 on fantasy last June (it was our 2nd DCL cruise). We had the family ocean view stateroom & loved it! Didn't want a verandah yet as our kids were still young. Will read more later! :)

9. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading! We loved the family oceanview stateroom that we had on the Dream in 2012. :)

10. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

11. pepe3penelope

pepe3penelope Princess Ariel at Heart

Your comments were right on target & I completely agree!

12. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Thanks! :thumbsup2

13. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I have started my pre-trip report for our upcoming cruise on the Magic. You can find the link in my signature. Come on over! :goodvibes

14. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Yeah - already subscribed!!! :)

15. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Thanks :) I think you guys are sailing the Magic before we are, aren't you? I hope you do a trip report.