Our Disneymoon PTR + Wedding TR w/ pics - I'm back! (TR link and POP review 9/7)

Sand Ceremony update (this will be of particular interest to you Lisa)

Here is the candle wax we first tried to seal our sand ceremony vase to be able to bring it back in the plane:
045.jpg

046.jpg

Since that didn't work, Ron bought this hard green foam (I think used in gardening) and cut it to shape.
048.jpg

He could not get it to fit perfectly, so he got this soft foam instead.
047.jpg

It fits! So we will be using this, then put the green foam on top, as well as saran wrap and an elastic. Hopefully all of this will be enough to prevent the sand from spilling out.

Here is a picture of our vase, with the sand the the foam.
*Note that the colors will look much more clear, as this was the results of several different pourings and mixing the three colors together.
049.jpg

These are the three individual vases that will have the three different colors of sand at the beginning.
050.jpg

Also, we received our stadium cups, which we will be giving to guests as a gift. They can use them in Cuba to get their drinks. I thought they would be bigger (my fault, they are exactly the size the website said they would, I just imagined it wrong), but otherwise they look great and sturdy!
051.jpg

052.jpg

That's it for now!

Oooh the makeup and hair is so pretty. I like it a lot!

I don't think you embarassed yourself at all with the after the bachelorette party pictures. You still look cute.

That's the exact wax that Lacey and Jesse were looking at to seal off their sand. So, the foam and green stuff worked?

Oooh the makeup and hair is so pretty. I like it a lot!

I don't think you embarassed yourself at all with the after the bachelorette party pictures. You still look cute.

That's the exact wax that Lacey and Jesse were looking at to seal off their sand. So, the foam and green stuff worked?

Thanks. :goodvibes

The soft foam (white) fit really well inside the vase, and I think would be able to fit in any kind of shape as it is quite flexible. The hard foam (green) helps keep the white foam in place. A clear plastic wrap and an elastic help seal it off even better and stay in place.

First Day Plans

We are taking the
31-Plane.jpg

at 8am on Wednesday August 10 and arriving in MCO around noon.

We will be taking the
28-MagicalExpress.jpg

to
PopCentury.jpg

We will try checking in, but chances are our room won't be ready right away. We will go eat lunch at the POP Century food court. After that, we have several options of what we could do, but going to a park is not one of them as we only have a 10-days ticket and we prefer to keep those for full days.

Our options are:
- Hang out at our resort pool. (image from wdwinfo.com)
pophippypool.jpg

- Go shopping in Downtown Disney.
WorldfoDisney.jpg

- Go to DisneyQuest in DTD. (image from wdwinfo.com)
Disney-Quest-011.jpg

- Go to a water park, most probably Typhoon Lagoon since it's our favorite.
wavepool.jpg

- Go play mini-golf. (image from wdwinfo.com)
mini-golffantasia.jpg

- Go resort-hopping. Maybe to Port Orleans, or Animal Kingdom Lodge?
(images from wdwinfo.com)
port-orleans-riverside-94.jpg

Animal_Kingdom_Lodge_08.jpg

Whatever we end up doing, there is a very good chance that we will end our night watching Wishes from the Poly Beach.
(image from wdwinfo.com)
polybeach.jpg

So, out of all the options mentioned, what should we do? What about something else I have not thought about?

OK. Love the makeup and pics!

I say you chill at the pool for a bit then head to DTD! Thats always a fun way to start the vacay!

Your wedding is a little over a week away.. are freaking the heck out yet?

OK. Love the makeup and pics!

I say you chill at the pool for a bit then head to DTD! Thats always a fun way to start the vacay!

Your wedding is a little over a week away.. are freaking the heck out yet?

Thanks!

The pool or the water park seem to be the two front runner ideas right now. Anything that involves cooling off in water!

I didn't think I was freaking out, but earlier this week I dreamed of being kidnapped by the Asian mafia (Ron is Filipino), so maybe deep down I am scared? :confused3

Today is our legal wedding and I had an actual small freak out in the middle of the night. It's all good now though! :)

First off - happy legal wedding day! How exciting! :cloud9:

I absolutely love the hair and make-up! You look so beautiful. It looks like you had tons of fun at your bachelorette party, too! ;)

The first day plans sound great! I love the openness of the day. I think you could do some combination of any of the things that you mentioned. And since we'll be spending our first night watching Wishes at the Poly beach, I think that is a fabulous way to cap off the first night of your honeymoon! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

The pool or the water park seem to be the two front runner ideas right now. Anything that involves cooling off in water!

I didn't think I was freaking out, but earlier this week I dreamed of being kidnapped by the Asian mafia (Ron is Filipino), so maybe deep down I am scared? :confused3

Today is our legal wedding and I had an actual small freak out in the middle of the night. It's all good now though! :)

Awwww :) Have a wonderful day! I can't wait to see the pictures :goodvibes

Oh geez...How did I miss two updates? Anyway, I love the make-up trial pics :goodvibes

Thanks. :goodvibes

Awww! I hope you guys have a wonderful day!! Congratulations!!

Thanks. We did have a wonderful day. :goodvibes

First off - happy legal wedding day! How exciting! :cloud9:

I absolutely love the hair and make-up! You look so beautiful. It looks like you had tons of fun at your bachelorette party, too! ;)

The first day plans sound great! I love the openness of the day. I think you could do some combination of any of the things that you mentioned. And since we'll be spending our first night watching Wishes at the Poly beach, I think that is a fabulous way to cap off the first night of your honeymoon! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

Our trip is so planned, with everything we will be doing each day, so it is nice to have a more open first day. It should help with starting the vacation stress-free.

I agree, watching Wishes from the Poly beach is an awesome way to start off a honeymoon as it sounds like such a romantic thing. :cloud9:

Awwww :) Have a wonderful day! I can't wait to see the pictures :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

I should be uploading the pictures from the legal wedding either today or tomorrow. Also, my friend finally posted the pictures from the bachelorette so I will be posting that too! :banana:

Bachelorette update!!!

I finally have the pictures of my bachelorette so it's time to tell you more about what happened that day. :)

The day started off with a Pole Dancing Class!! I had expressed interest in doing that a few years back when I was single, but my best friend and I never got to do it. She remembered it though so decided to set this up.

First we learned a few moves standing up, like wrapping ourselves backward around the pole and turning/hanging with just our hands, dropping down to the floor then standing right back up, twisting around it, etc. (I'm the one in the middle, with the grey tank top at first, then a grey shirt)
poledancingclass1a.jpg

poledancingclass2a.jpg

poledancingclass5a.jpg

Then we learned a few moves down on the ground.
Poledancingclass12a.jpg

After that we linked all the movements together into one little choreography and danced it to several musics (fast, slow, rock, pop, etc.)

To finish, just for fun, she showed us this move:
poledancingclass4a.jpg

I had a blast! :cool1: I would love to try it again some other time. It may happen sometime in the next year as two-three of my friends who couldn't make it were quite disappointed in missing it. And one of the ones who did make it is thinking about taking it as a regular class. It is quite the workout! My upper body muscles (arms, back, neck, abs) were really hurting that week, and I still have a few bruises on my legs. :rotfl:

My two cousins were there, and when they heard that me and two of my friends were going to the friend's work to take showers! she invited us to her house. I had everyone help me get ready with makeup and hair, as you can see here: :bride:
prparationsortir-a.jpg

Then it was off to a restaurant called Kabana where more of my friends joined us for dinner. Here's me with my "date" for the night:
restokabana4a.jpg

restokabana5a.jpg

As you can see, my friends were really nice about not dressing me up ridiculously. All they had was the Hawaiian necklace, and a veil that didn't hold up too well.

I had a few challenges to do, like getting 3 guys to give me their phone number (and a girl too!), getting a picture taken with two brothers, getting a red hair guy to give me 5 kisses on the cheeks, find a guy with a luxury car. I also had to kiss the head of a bald guy. :laughing:
challenge1a.jpg

Then we moved upstairs to a club. When we got there it was very early so it was quite empty. I did a few more challenges, like getting a guy to buy me a drink, dancing salsa with another guy, and dancing alone for one full song up on the little stage above the bars. After one song my two best friends joined me and we danced some more. As shy as I can be talking to people, I have no problem dancing in front of a crowd! :dance3:

My "date" was quite popular, with several girls dancing with him, and others trying to steal him. But I was keeping a close eye on him, at least for a while... :rolleyes1
Not everything that happened at the club is appropriate to be told on a public message board, so you'll just have to take my word that it was fun and at times wild. :hippie:

Here's one last picture of me and my "date", and another one of my "I'm buzzed alone at home waiting for my fiance so I'm taking pictures of myself in front of the mirror" picture. princess:
RadioLounge-a.jpg

044.jpg

Oh, and if you wondered what happened to my "date", I found him floating on the ceiling of the club, with his little star/weight hanging out near the restrooms. :rotfl2:

Bachelorette update!!!

I finally have the pictures of my bachelorette so it's time to tell you more about what happened that day. :)

The day started off with a Pole Dancing Class!! I had expressed interest in doing that a few years back when I was single, but my best friend and I never got to do it. She remembered it though so decided to set this up.

Oh how funny! It sounds like you had a blast. Glad to here your bachelorette was a success! Mine is in a few weeks and I have no idea what to expect :laughing:

I love your date :goodvibes

Oh how funny! It sounds like you had a blast. Glad to here your bachelorette was a success! Mine is in a few weeks and I have no idea what to expect :laughing:

I love your date :goodvibes

I really did have a great time. :cool1:

Isn't my date just lovely? :cutie:

Awww FUN! Excellent pole dancing pictures! That last one looks so effortless! I would be dying! I have no arm strength AT ALL!

Awww FUN! Excellent pole dancing pictures! That last one looks so effortless! I would be dying! I have no arm strength AT ALL!

It only looks effortless... but in fact they had to retake the picture several time as my face did not look so *happy* the first few times. :rotfl:

My colleagues just threw me a little "surprise party" after school today. They had a cake, wine, crackers & cheese, a few pink balloons and a nice gift. And of course a great card that they all signed. It's my first year teaching at this school, and so far it's a GREAT staff. :goodvibes

They almost succeeded in surprising me. Another teacher was pretending that we had to have an emergency meeting for something. At first I had no clue, but I started putting things together about 20 minutes before the actual surprise. :laughing:

My colleagues just threw me a little "surprise party" after school today. They had a cake, wine, crackers & cheese, a few pink balloons and a nice gift. And of course a great card that they all signed. It's my first year teaching at this school, and so far it's a GREAT staff. :goodvibes

They almost succeeded in surprising me. Another teacher was pretending that we had to have an emergency meeting for something. At first I had no clue, but I started putting things together about 20 minutes before the actual surprise. :laughing:

Awww. That is so sweet. It is nice that you get to celebrate with your coworkers :goodvibes

Awww. That is so sweet. It is nice that you get to celebrate with your coworkers :goodvibes

It touched me that they did something for me. :goodvibes Then today, Ron got his own little surprise party at work. Then they kicked him out of work early, saying "go home and enjoy your wedding/vacation!":laughing:

On another note,
We are leaving TOMORROW!!! :cool1::woohoo::cheer2:

Very excited, but tired too as I still have so much stuff to do and it's already past 11pm. Packing is pretty much done (except very few things), but I need to write some notes for the girl coming to feed my cats, notes for ideas of pictures I like/want, burn the songs for the ceremony/reception. And worse of all, I haven't written my vows yet. :headache:

But it's ok. We will get up extra early tomorrow (only leaving for the airport around noon). And no matter what happens, I'm sure we will have a great week.

You can all think of me Wednesday May 4th at 2pm (EST). :bride:

Mel, your bachelorette party looked like a blast! Your "date" had me cracking up! :lmao:

Happy wedding day tomorrow! I hope your day is everything you've dreamed of! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter