Our dear JungleCruiser, Sarah, now an Angel in Heaven….

Dear Friends, :flower3:

I returned Sunday from a special trip to the World with friends that all “met” on the DIS boards… a trip that was to include our dear Sarah. Although she wasn’t with us in person, she was definitely with us in spirit. Her presence was felt many times ….at the GF Café, where Linda (Grumpy Grandma) & I had breakfast (Sarah loved the GF and breakfast in the Café), at MK, on the Haunted Mansion ride (one of Sarah’s favorite rides), and during wishes that evening (Sarah loved wishes). Already posted here by WDWKOOK, we also paid tribute to Sarah with our Orange Bird picture. KOOK, who had dubbed the OB as our official RC mascot, started the picture tradition which was picked up by Sarah last September.

We had a milkshake toast to Sarah at -- all of places … Prime Time 50s -- perhaps not the most genteel place – but as it’s all about family and fun – believed this concept fit well, as these ladies with me have come to be family, a feeling that extends and is shared by all the ladies on the RC thread.

On the trip I was trying to think of something to do to honor Sarah, to go with our Milkshake & OB tributes. I had purchased a Brave Merida pin for my DD, and decided to get a second one to give away. On checkout day, I still had that pin…. And while waiting for ME, saw a young girl, about 4 with her mother, looking sad…so I offered the pin to the Mom for her daughter, telling her that the pin was in dedication to a special friend that had loved Disney, who had been a kind, caring, wonderful friend, and who lived life fully, and bravely. The little girl smiled and with it came a sense of peace, knowing Sarah would be happy with this gift.

Another sign to me that Sarah was with me occurred during my flight home. As many people know, I do not like to fly. The woman sitting in the aisle seat next to me sensed this (could it be that I looked white and tense?:upsidedow) and said as much to me during prep for take-off. On her own, she did not ask me, but she took my hand during the taxi and take-off and spoke calmly to me and did not let go until I did. We talked the whole flight, telling each other about our families, finding that we shared common experiences, including that both our DH’s are Type 1 diabetics--small world :). She was friendly, warm, kind… very much like our Sarah. I believe in fate …what she did not know is that I picked this row specifically… as I remembered a conversation with Sarah last March when she mentioned to me that her flight to Disney in April fell on Friday the 13th, and joked that same people might think her crazy to fly on that date. I told her that “13” was my lucky number and that for all she has encountered in her life this would be a piece of cake. Sarah thanked me. :flower3: Well, my flight was on a Sunday, but it was the 13th, so decided to select row 13, for the number, for Sarah (corny I know). I was so thankful that I bypassed other seats including aisle seats a little further back, to be fortunate enough to be sitting next to Marie. Life is full of small miracles.

Thank you to Linda, Magic, Deena, for sharing in this trip together…:hug: Jeannette & Christine .... you were truly missed...and Sarah ....I will be forever grateful for your friendship. :hug:

And you know you and your family are part of me and my family....and that I will always be there for you :hug:
Same here BFF...you know it!!!!!!!!! :hug:

I returned Sunday from a special trip to the World with friends that all “met” on the DIS boards… a trip that was to include our dear Sarah. Although she wasn’t with us in person, she was definitely with us in spirit. Her presence was felt many times ….at the GF Café, where Linda (Grumpy Grandma) & I had breakfast (Sarah loved the GF and breakfast in the Café), at MK, on the Haunted Mansion ride (one of Sarah’s favorite rides), and during wishes that evening (Sarah loved wishes). Already posted here by WDWKOOK, we also paid tribute to Sarah with our Orange Bird picture. KOOK, who had dubbed the OB as our official RC mascot, started the picture tradition which was picked up by Sarah last September.

We had a milkshake toast to Sarah at -- all of places … Prime Time 50s -- perhaps not the most genteel place – but as it’s all about family and fun – believed this concept fit well, as these ladies with me have come to be family, a feeling that extends and is shared by all the ladies on the RC thread.

On the trip I was trying to think of something to do to honor Sarah, to go with our Milkshake & OB tributes. I had purchased a Brave Merida pin for my DD, and decided to get a second one to give away. On checkout day, I still had that pin…. And while waiting for ME, saw a young girl, about 4 with her mother, looking sad…so I offered the pin to the Mom for her daughter, telling her that the pin was in dedication to a special friend that had loved Disney, who had been a kind, caring, wonderful friend, and who lived life fully, and bravely. The little girl smiled and with it came a sense of peace, knowing Sarah would be happy with this gift.

Another sign to me that Sarah was with me occurred during my flight home. As many people know, I do not like to fly. The woman sitting in the aisle seat next to me sensed this (could it be that I looked white and tense?:upsidedow) and said as much to me during prep for take-off. On her own, she did not ask me, but she took my hand during the taxi and take-off and spoke calmly to me and did not let go until I did. We talked the whole flight, telling each other about our families, finding that we shared common experiences, including that both our DH’s are Type 1 diabetics--small world :). She was friendly, warm, kind… very much like our Sarah. I believe in fate …what she did not know is that I picked this row specifically… as I remembered a conversation with Sarah last March when she mentioned to me that her flight to Disney in April fell on Friday the 13th, and joked that same people might think her crazy to fly on that date. I told her that “13” was my lucky number and that for all she has encountered in her life this would be a piece of cake. Sarah thanked me. :flower3: Well, my flight was on a Sunday, but it was the 13th, so decided to select row 13, for the number, for Sarah (corny I know). I was so thankful that I bypassed other seats including aisle seats a little further back, to be fortunate enough to be sitting next to Marie. Life is full of small miracles.

Thank you to Linda, Magic, Deena, for sharing in this trip together…:hug: Jeannette & Christine .... you were truly missed...and Sarah ....I will be forever grateful for your friendship. :hug:

What a wonderful lady you met on the plane! I am so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Merida will always remind me of your DD Sam (the curly hair perhaps)..and My Kate LOVES HER!!!

I missed you and thought of you often!! And so happy you and Mama Linda could enjoy the GF, I am sure Sarah was there as well :littleangel:

I returned Sunday from a special trip to the World with friends that all met on the DIS boards& a trip that was to include our dear Sarah. Although she wasnt with us in person, she was definitely with us in spirit. Her presence was felt many times &.at the GF Café, where Linda (Grumpy Grandma) & I had breakfast (Sarah loved the GF and breakfast in the Café), at MK, on the Haunted Mansion ride (one of Sarahs favorite rides), and during wishes that evening (Sarah loved wishes). Already posted here by WDWKOOK, we also paid tribute to Sarah with our Orange Bird picture. KOOK, who had dubbed the OB as our official RC mascot, started the picture tradition which was picked up by Sarah last September.

We had a milkshake toast to Sarah at -- all of places & Prime Time 50s -- perhaps not the most genteel place  but as its all about family and fun  believed this concept fit well, as these ladies with me have come to be family, a feeling that extends and is shared by all the ladies on the RC thread.

On the trip I was trying to think of something to do to honor Sarah, to go with our Milkshake & OB tributes. I had purchased a Brave Merida pin for my DD, and decided to get a second one to give away. On checkout day, I still had that pin&. And while waiting for ME, saw a young girl, about 4 with her mother, looking sad&so I offered the pin to the Mom for her daughter, telling her that the pin was in dedication to a special friend that had loved Disney, who had been a kind, caring, wonderful friend, and who lived life fully, and bravely. The little girl smiled and with it came a sense of peace, knowing Sarah would be happy with this gift.

Another sign to me that Sarah was with me occurred during my flight home. As many people know, I do not like to fly. The woman sitting in the aisle seat next to me sensed this (could it be that I looked white and tense?:upsidedow) and said as much to me during prep for take-off. On her own, she did not ask me, but she took my hand during the taxi and take-off and spoke calmly to me and did not let go until I did. We talked the whole flight, telling each other about our families, finding that we shared common experiences, including that both our DHs are Type 1 diabetics--small world :). She was friendly, warm, kind& very much like our Sarah. I believe in fate &what she did not know is that I picked this row specifically& as I remembered a conversation with Sarah last March when she mentioned to me that her flight to Disney in April fell on Friday the 13th, and joked that same people might think her crazy to fly on that date. I told her that 13 was my lucky number and that for all she has encountered in her life this would be a piece of cake. Sarah thanked me. :flower3: Well, my flight was on a Sunday, but it was the 13th, so decided to select row 13, for the number, for Sarah (corny I know). I was so thankful that I bypassed other seats including aisle seats a little further back, to be fortunate enough to be sitting next to Marie. Life is full of small miracles.

Thank you to Linda, Magic, Deena, for sharing in this trip together&:hug: Jeannette & Christine .... you were truly missed...and Sarah ....I will be forever grateful for your friendship. :hug:
What a wonderful tribute, Janet. Thank you for posting about your trip. It must have been bittersweet, but you really make it sound like our Sarah was there with you every step of the way - and she always will be there with you in spirit:littleangel:

What a wonderful tribute, Janet. Thank you for posting about your trip. It must have been bittersweet, but you really make it sound like our Sarah was there with you every step of the way - and she always will be there with you in spirit:littleangel:

::yes:: and a big ole :grouphug:

Same here BFF...you know it!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Love you! :hug: :flower3:

What a wonderful lady you met on the plane! I am so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Merida will always remind me of your DD Sam (the curly hair perhaps)..and My Kate LOVES HER!!!

Maria was literally heaven sent... she made me laugh, saying she always thinks the planes sound like a bucket of nuts and bolts rattling around in a tin can! :rotfl2: And it DID sound like that!! :)

Yes, we both loved Brave and of course Merida!! And Sam could be Merida with her hair!! With a cha-cha-change of hair color :) Getting the pin for Sam... well it just popped into my head that this pin represented our Sarah so well. :littleangel: And you know what?? We looked for the individual Brave pins in August and they were no where to be found... this trip, there it was....:goodvibes

I missed you and thought of you often!! And so happy you and Mama Linda could enjoy the GF, I am sure Sarah was there as well :littleangel:

Linda and I had a very nice breakfast (there was only about 2 tables other than us, could it be that it was 7:15 am?? :upsidedow). We spoke of Sarah, and much she enjoyed being there, sitting in the lobby, hearing the piano music, etc. The nice waitress offered to get us milkshakes if we wanted to return later (Gasparellas do not offer milkshakes) but we decided to wing it knowing we would find the right place. And PT50s was a great fit. Sarah would of loved to see the antics... don't know if I mentioned it but Magic was a tattle tale and I was bad (elbows on the table). Guess Mama Linda didn't raise us right :rotfl2:

Kook, she really was along with us, and though it was bittersweet at times, I remembered how much Sarah loved being in Disney (where she was just Sarah not Sarah the cancer patirent, remember her posting that?) and that helped. When wishes came on, it was hard not to cry, as I looked up to the sky and thought of Sarah, how much she loved wishes, the music. She will always be with me, with us. :hug:

Just last week I was dragging my heels a bit, not wanting to go to my meeting on Tuesday night, but Sarah entered my head, telling me to go...so I did. :goodvibes Even now, as I look at my phone, I wish I could call her and let her know what's going on.

::yes:: and a big ole :grouphug:

:grouphug:

Love you! :hug: :flower3:

Maria was literally heaven sent... she made me laugh, saying she always thinks the planes sound like a bucket of nuts and bolts rattling around in a tin can! :rotfl2: And it DID sound like that!! :)

Yes, we both loved Brave and of course Merida!! And Sam could be Merida with her hair!! With a cha-cha-change of hair color :) Getting the pin for Sam... well it just popped into my head that this pin represented our Sarah so well. :littleangel: And you know what?? We looked for the individual Brave pins in August and they were no where to be found... this trip, there it was....:goodvibes

Linda and I had a very nice breakfast (there was only about 2 tables other than us, could it be that it was 7:15 am?? :upsidedow). We spoke of Sarah, and much she enjoyed being there, sitting in the lobby, hearing the piano music, etc. The nice waitress offered to get us milkshakes if we wanted to return later (Gasparellas do not offer milkshakes) but we decided to wing it knowing we would find the right place. And PT50s was a great fit. Sarah would of loved to see the antics... don't know if I mentioned it but Magic was a tattle tale and I was bad (elbows on the table). Guess Mama Linda didn't raise us right :rotfl2:

Kook, she really was along with us, and though it was bittersweet at times, I remembered how much Sarah loved being in Disney (where she was just Sarah not Sarah the cancer patirent, remember her posting that?) and that helped. When wishes came on, it was hard not to cry, as I looked up to the sky and thought of Sarah, how much she loved wishes, the music. She will always be with me, with us. :hug:

Just last week I was dragging my heels a bit, not wanting to go to my meeting on Tuesday night, but Sarah entered my head, telling me to go...so I did. :goodvibes Even now, as I look at my phone, I wish I could call her and let her know what's going on.

Sarah sees all now :hug:

Magic got you in trouble :rotfl:

That was sweet of the GF Cafe waitress!WOW! I love the Grand....Things like that made it Sarah's Happy place...the special Disney touches :flower3:

Thinking of our Angel Sarah today :flower3:

Almost a day does not go by that Sarah does not pop into my thoughts, yesterday I was making a list of places we will eat at on our next trip one of which is the GF Cafe, we have never been but I thought of how I read GF Cafe was one of her favorite places :goodvibes

Almost a day does not go by that Sarah does not pop into my thoughts, yesterday I was making a list of places we will eat at on our next trip one of which is the GF Cafe, we have never been but I thought of how I read GF Cafe was one of her favorite places :goodvibes

Everytime I think of the Grand I think of Sarah :goodvibes Funny you mention the GF Cafe, because I had just read a TR which mentioned the GF Cafe right before I posted here ;) It really is a lovely place Sheila, the food is delish too! Bob would approve :thumbsup2

Missing My Angels tonight as I thought of how much they loved Football and the SuperBowl and my thoughts then ran to "Our Sarah" and I wondered if she too might have been a Fan and will be at the Super Bowl Party in Heaven with Shawn and Jason, and Christine's Toby and the rest of the RC's Angels.

Missing My Angels tonight as I thought of how much they loved Football and the SuperBowl and my thoughts then ran to "Our Sarah" and I wondered if she too might have been a Fan and will be at the Super Bowl Party in Heaven with Shawn and Jason, and Christine's Toby and the rest of the RC's Angels.

(((Sheila))) I am sure they will all have a grand time together tomorrow! My mom & dad will be there as well - they had to be two of the biggest football fans ever! Toby was a great chef - wonder what kinds of goodies they will eat!

(((Sheila))) I am sure they will all have a grand time together tomorrow! My mom & dad will be there as well - they had to be two of the biggest football fans ever! Toby was a great chef - wonder what kinds of goodies they will eat!

I am not a football fan but we always got together on SuperBowl Sunday and just like everyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one have great memories we will always cherish. My boys can eat so Toby will surely be busy :)
:hug:

I am not a football fan but we always got together on SuperBowl Sunday and just like everyone who has suffered the loss of a loved one have great memories we will always cherish. My boys can eat so Toby will surely be busy :)
:hug:

Betcha even if Sarah doesn't watch the Super Bowl...she'll enjoy being with your sons...Christine and Sheila, be assured the boys have a DIS Mama with them now in Heaven :grouphug:

Betcha even if Sarah doesn't watch the Super Bowl...she'll enjoy being with your sons...Christine and Sheila, be assured the boys have a DIS Mama with them now in Heaven :grouphug:

Jeannette, that is a comforting thought! :grouphug:

Thinking of our Angel Sarah today :flower3:

Jeannette, I think of Sarah every day...her kindness, thoughtfulness, friendship .... I miss all of it...:hug: Sometimes when I'm thinking "no, don't want to go out to the Y or my meeting... I hear her voice, not telling me to go, she didn't do that... more like encouraged and would point out the positives in doing so...

Sheila, Our Sarah loved the Grand... it was her favorite happy place in the world... I like to think of her forever being there...

:hug: everyone's a fan on superbowl day.....:) think she brought me good luck this year... forgot to mention I won $200 in a football pool...perhaps all our angels helped me on that win...BTW She liked the Yankees :thumbsup2

sure it was a fantastic feast! :hug:

Mama Sarah...:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter