Our Celebration of a Sad Occasion...Oct 2016 PTR

Last week was such a tough one for me. I have so much on my plate right now, and I feel like I am not doing a great job keeping up with everything. Let me just put this out there...I HATE MATH! It makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and weep on a regular basis...seriously. Top that with working full time, leading an addiction recovery group on Friday nights, AND leading an addiction step study group every Wednesday night, and being mom and wife, housekeeper and cook. This step study I am doing digs into the root causes of your struggles. I suffered physical and emotional abuse in jr. high and high school, a lot of it tied to my academic achievements, or lack thereof. So, the timing of doing this study WHILE I am going back to school and struggling...is horrendous, to say the least. I spent five hours doing Math homework on Saturday, my brain was FRIED! To have this activity to end the evening was DIVINE!!!

This timeour activity involved FOOD...really yummy food!

MICKEY PIZZA! And just for good measure, I added in some rootbeer floats.

Last week was such a tough one for me. I have so much on my plate right now, and I feel like I am not doing a great job keeping up with everything. Let me just put this out there...I HATE MATH! It makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and weep on a regular basis...seriously. Top that with working full time, leading an addiction recovery group on Friday nights, AND leading an addiction step study group every Wednesday night, and being mom and wife, housekeeper and cook. This step study I am doing digs into the root causes of your struggles. I suffered physical and emotional abuse in jr. high and high school, a lot of it tied to my academic achievements, or lack thereof. So, the timing of doing this study WHILE I am going back to school and struggling...is horrendous, to say the least. I spent five hours doing Math homework on Saturday, my brain was FRIED! To have this activity to end the evening was DIVINE!!!

This timeour activity involved FOOD...really yummy food!

MICKEY PIZZA! And just for good measure, I added in some rootbeer floats.

New to your TR! Loved reading along so far :goodvibes

First off, I applaud you for going back to school. Your husband as well! It is no easy feat, especially when you throw in everything that is going on during your day to day activities/life. Just remember to breathe. While I was in school I had a hard time remembering that. I took a short break before completing my bachelors so going back seemed like a real struggle at first, so I can only imagine what you are feeling. I also stink at math. It has never, ever been a friend of mine. I just had the hardest time grasping it and it made me feel so discouraged. :sad2: :faint: Just throwing out some possibly helpful suggestions (they were beneficial to me at one point!) Does the college have a tutoring program? I know mine was included at not cost through our school resource center. Or does your local library offer that kind of service? I wish you the best of luck!

I absolutely adore your Disney family theme nights. They are so original and cute! Looking forward to seeing more of your planning! :thumbsup2

Sorry your week was so tough but I know you can accomplish anything you put your mind too! ::yes::

Mmmmmmmm Mickey Pizza! That looks so good right now.

That Mickey pizza looks so good and cheesy!! It reminds me of my favorite bacon cheeseburger pizza from back home.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Last week was such a tough one for me.

I am so sorry to hear your having a tough time right now. But if anyone can do it you can. Your an inspirations and all around tough woman who can do anything!!!
and if you need anything i am here for ya!

I adore your pizza!!! and YUM drink!!!!

It has been years since I have been on the Dis. . .literally years. I had no trips planned and gave up the Dis. To depressing to read everyone's trips when I had nothing to read. So know that I finally have something to plan (over a year to go but I am still planning) I am back. I start checking out PTR's and this one got my attention so I clicked on it. Before I had the change to start reading my son wanted to get ice cream so off we went. I get home, crack open my computer, and start reading. Here comes the first picture and I realize, "hey wait I know this person." It's Connie!! I am so glad I found your PTR. I know we are friends on Facebook but it seems like I haven't talked to you in forever. Tell your kids to stop growing up. It just reminds me that my oldest isn't two far behind your daughter. He will be 14 this May.

Congrats to Brian on graduating and to you for starting school. I know you can do it.

Loving the PTR so far. Can't wait to read more.

I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. Remember, God won't give you more than you can handle. I'll pray that things get better and the craziness will settle.

I, too, just started a grad class. I already have a Master's but I got this crazy idea a few months ago that I'd like to get a second Master's. :crazy2: My first class started recently and I'm feeling stressed. I teach all day, bring home schoolwork, have course work now, cook, clean, chauffeur the kids around, etc. Somedays I could scream. I just remind myself that everything will get done and all will be well.

New to your TR! Loved reading along so far :goodvibes

First off, I applaud you for going back to school. Your husband as well! It is no easy feat, especially when you throw in everything that is going on during your day to day activities/life. Just remember to breathe. While I was in school I had a hard time remembering that. I took a short break before completing my bachelors so going back seemed like a real struggle at first, so I can only imagine what you are feeling. I also stink at math. It has never, ever been a friend of mine. I just had the hardest time grasping it and it made me feel so discouraged. :sad2: :faint: Just throwing out some possibly helpful suggestions (they were beneficial to me at one point!) Does the college have a tutoring program? I know mine was included at not cost through our school resource center. Or does your local library offer that kind of service? I wish you the best of luck!

I absolutely adore your Disney family theme nights. They are so original and cute! Looking forward to seeing more of your planning! :thumbsup2

Welcome!!! And thanks for your encouragement. I actually work at the university where I attend. To be more specific, I am the administrative assistant for the school that houses the Math department. To get even MORE specific, my best friend at work is a Math professor...and my boss is the author of the textbook I am using. So yeah, thankfully I am surrounded by those who can help me! LOL! Scroll down for the countdown activity we did this past weekend...

Sorry your week was so tough but I know you can accomplish anything you put your mind too! ::yes::

Mmmmmmmm Mickey Pizza! That looks so good right now.

Thanks so much, friend! This past week was MUCH better, and I feel much better going into this next test than I did the first. That pizza was DELICIOUS!

That Mickey pizza looks so good and cheesy!! It reminds me of my favorite bacon cheeseburger pizza from back home.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.

That WAS bacon cheeseburger pizza~ it's my favorite! The rest of the family had pizzas LOADED with all sorts of stuff, but I like mine basic. Thanks for your well wishes, this past week was MUCH better!

I am so sorry to hear your having a tough time right now. But if anyone can do it you can. Your an inspirations and all around tough woman who can do anything!!!
and if you need anything i am here for ya!

I adore your pizza!!! and YUM drink!!!!

Thanks, Mo! Last week was so much better. I did not struggle with the concepts we covered in Math last week near as much as I previously did. We have a test this Thursday, and I am feeling much better going into it than I did the first one. Stay tuned for another countdown activity update...

It has been years since I have been on the Dis. . .literally years. I had no trips planned and gave up the Dis. To depressing to read everyone's trips when I had nothing to read. So know that I finally have something to plan (over a year to go but I am still planning) I am back. I start checking out PTR's and this one got my attention so I clicked on it. Before I had the change to start reading my son wanted to get ice cream so off we went. I get home, crack open my computer, and start reading. Here comes the first picture and I realize, "hey wait I know this person." It's Connie!! I am so glad I found your PTR. I know we are friends on Facebook but it seems like I haven't talked to you in forever. Tell your kids to stop growing up. It just reminds me that my oldest isn't two far behind your daughter. He will be 14 this May.

Congrats to Brian on graduating and to you for starting school. I know you can do it.

Loving the PTR so far. Can't wait to read more.

Corrine..WELCOME BACK!!!! Oh, I totally get it. We took a cruise in 2014, but did no Disney related vacation last year at all. We had decided to focus on paying off some debt, and knew that we needed to have a big chunk of money to put into that to get the ball rolling. It was so hard. I myself took a hiatus from the Disboards, too. It just exasperated my "Woe is me" atttitude, so I HAD to take a break.

I am SO EXCITED for you that you get to go back. I know you have experienced some real difficulties, and it gives me great joy to know that you will finally get to treat yourself and your kiddos to some Magic!

I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. Remember, God won't give you more than you can handle. I'll pray that things get better and the craziness will settle.

I, too, just started a grad class. I already have a Master's but I got this crazy idea a few months ago that I'd like to get a second Master's. :crazy2: My first class started recently and I'm feeling stressed. I teach all day, bring home schoolwork, have course work now, cook, clean, chauffeur the kids around, etc. Somedays I could scream. I just remind myself that everything will get done and all will be well.

LAWD~ I do not even WANT to know what God thinks I can handle. LOL!!!! Seriously though, thank you for your words of encouragement, they mean a lot. I know I can do this, I just have to remind myself sometimes. I have phenominal support team, that is for certain! I am #blessed. :-)

This past weekend we had another MOVIE NIGHT!!!! It was still the scaled down version, but still fun. We are just so busy and going so many different directions, that it feels good to do just about ANYTHING together! My heart is going to break when Jillian leaves the nest for college in fall of 2017!

This month's movie night was....

Dinner was nothing special or fancy, but it was delicious:

The kids really enjoyed the activity:

The kids really liked the movie, only Jillian had seen it before. I thought it was okay, and Brian did not care for it at all. Oh well, you can't please everyone all the time. :-)

Question: has anyone started watching Fuller House on Netflix yet? We are HOOKED!!! We are about halfway through the season already, and LOVE IT! It is just so nice to watch a show that is still decent, the kids are respectful, and the parents are not baffoons...other than Kimmie Gibbler, LOL!

I haven't watched Brother Bear in years, need to dust that one off and try it again. I remember liking it but not really loving it.

I actually didn't watch the first round of Full House except for an occasional episode so no I haven't caught the new version.

Movie nights! Love the Mickey Pizza but woulda passed on the rootbeer floats 'cause I don't like root beer. I keep wanting to type rootbear and I think it's because I want to comment on Brother Beer...I mean Bear. :teeth: It has been years since I've seen it but I remember watching it over and over again with Hunter when he was younger. He loved it.

Welcome!!! And thanks for your encouragement. I actually work at the university where I attend. To be more specific, I am the administrative assistant for the school that houses the Math department. To get even MORE specific, my best friend at work is a Math professor...and my boss is the author of the textbook I am using. So yeah, thankfully I am surrounded by those who can help me! LOL! Scroll down for the countdown activity we did this past weekend...

Well you have quite the hookup! You're definitely in good hands LOL :thumbsup2

Your activities are so adorable, seriously. I'm looking forward to more!

It looks like another great movie night. I'm glad you still do these even if you've scaled back.

I can't believe Jillian is soon going to college. Does she know where she is going and what she wants to major in?

We've watched the first seven episodes of Fuller House and are really enjoying it. I grew up watching Full House and am so happy the show is back.

THEY ARE GETTING RID OF MY BELOVED JALEPENO PRETZEL IN ANIMAL KINGDOM BEFORE I GET THERE!!!!

GAH!!!! I didn't know this was happening!!!! Had I known - I would have had more than the bite I had on my last trip. I love these things!!! I guess I can live without these... but if they get rid of the Sweet Cream Cheese pretzels at the Lunching Pad in MK - then it will probably be a deal breaker for me and I'll have to resort to never going to Disney again... :(

Top that with working full time, leading an addiction recovery group on Friday nights, AND leading an addiction step study group every Wednesday night, and being mom and wife, housekeeper and cook. This step study I am doing digs into the root causes of your struggles. I suffered physical and emotional abuse in jr. high and high school, a lot of it tied to my academic achievements, or lack thereof. So, the timing of doing this study WHILE I am going back to school and struggling...is horrendous,

You, my dear, have overcome so many struggles in your life - and achieved so much to be proud of, in the process... I greatly admire you for the person you are and your ability to reach out and help so many. I know this is a tough time for you, and a very real time for you... But I have NO DOUBT that you will come through this amazingly! :lovestruc Love and hugs!!!! We are all rooting for you!

My heart is going to break when Jillian leaves the nest for college in fall of 2017!

I know... I know... I am trying so hard not to focus on this myself... It KILLS me that Allison will be leaving for Europe in just a few short months - and I won't see her for months... My heart just breaks even thinking about it. We will get through this - it will be hard, but we will. :hug:

Question: has anyone started watching Fuller House on Netflix yet? We are HOOKED!!! We are about halfway through the season already, and LOVE IT! It is just so nice to watch a show that is still decent, the kids are respectful, and the parents are not baffoons...other than Kimmie Gibbler, LOL!

I have not... I've been doing a Downton Abbey marathon... But this show is on my list of things to do - soon. I have heard so many great things about it, and I look forward to seeing it myself. V just finished up watching the ENTIRE series of Friends (I know - maybe not the most age appropriate show for her...) - but she has a fond love of all things 90's now (hahahaha) - So, I think it wouldn't take too much arm twisting to get her to watch this one too. :scratchin

ETA: I love Brother Bear - not the best movie ever, but it was SUPER HYPED up on our very first trip to Disney in 2003... Remember when they used to release movies and EVERYTHING in the parks - bags, advertising, everything was about that movie in the parks? That was us in 2003. So, it will forever remind me of Disney and our first trip.

Love you Connie! :lovestruc You inspire me every day! :hug:

D~

I haven't watched Brother Bear in years, need to dust that one off and try it again. I remember liking it but not really loving it.

I actually didn't watch the first round of Full House except for an occasional episode so no I haven't caught the new version.

I feel the same way about Brother Bear~ liked it, didn't love it. I had borrowed it from a friend. Brian's comment was "I sure am glad we didn't buy that one." LOL

Oh, I loved Full House, and I had gotten my kids on the bandwagon years ago. They were just as excited about the new show as I was. We love it!

Movie nights! Love the Mickey Pizza but woulda passed on the rootbeer floats 'cause I don't like root beer. I keep wanting to type rootbear and I think it's because I want to comment on Brother Beer...I mean Bear. :teeth: It has been years since I've seen it but I remember watching it over and over again with Hunter when he was younger. He loved it.

Well, had you been there I would have make you a Coke Float, friend!

Brother Beer/ Bear~ LOL!!! So funny, Brian and I had a short convo after watching it. I told him, "well Jillian really likes it." His response: "Well, Jillian loved Spirit, what do you expect?" This made me laugh so hard! Have you seen that horse movie, Spirit? When Jillian was 4-5 years old, she watched that thing ALL. THE. TIME. I had to fuss at her non-stop for wearing her jeans out at the knees, because she was constantly on all fours all over the house being Spirit. Ah, the memories!

Well you have quite the hookup! You're definitely in good hands LOL :thumbsup2

Your activities are so adorable, seriously. I'm looking forward to more!

Thanks! We love doing these activities. The tradition started before our 2011 trip when I would pack Disney surprises in their lunchboxes once a week. It is such a fun tradition!

It looks like another great movie night. I'm glad you still do these even if you've scaled back.

I can't believe Jillian is soon going to college. Does she know where she is going and what she wants to major in?

We've watched the first seven episodes of Fuller House and are really enjoying it. I grew up watching Full House and am so happy the show is back.

Jillian will graduate in May 2017. :-( She plans to attend the university where I work...since tuition is free, and they have an excellent program in her major. She will major in Biology with a pre-vet focus. She will then go on to grad school to become a vetranarian. This has been her dream since she was little. She loves animals and creaturs of all kinds. For her 11th birthday, she had a snakes and reptiles party. We even had one of the BIO professors from my work bring in LIVE snakes and lizards for the brave kids to handle. She carried around a 5 ft long ball python during most of her party. Yep, that's my Jillybean!

I just saw on FB today that Netflix has officially picked up Fuller House for Season 2!!!!

GAH!!!! I didn't know this was happening!!!! Had I known - I would have had more than the bite I had on my last trip. I love these things!!! I guess I can live without these... but if they get rid of the Sweet Cream Cheese pretzels at the Lunching Pad in MK - then it will probably be a deal breaker for me and I'll have to resort to never going to Disney again... :(

Yep, this did not make me happy. Never going back if they get rid of the sweet pretzel? This made me chuckle... remember when Alec Baldwin said if George W won his presidential election that he was going to move to Canada? Yep, still waiting for that one. HAHA!

You, my dear, have overcome so many struggles in your life - and achieved so much to be proud of, in the process... I greatly admire you for the person you are and your ability to reach out and help so many. I know this is a tough time for you, and a very real time for you... But I have NO DOUBT that you will come through this amazingly! :lovestruc Love and hugs!!!! We are all rooting for you!

Thank you so much, Friend! This week has been MUCH better. I have a test tomorrow, and I feel so much better going into this one than the first one. I just keep pressing on. It is hard, but it will be so worth it to finally finish my degree!

I know... I know... I am trying so hard not to focus on this myself... It KILLS me that Allison will be leaving for Europe in just a few short months - and I won't see her for months... My heart just breaks even thinking about it. We will get through this - it will be hard, but we will. :hug:

Oh man, speaking of heartbreaking moments... keep scrolling to see a big one that happened yesterday!

I have not... I've been doing a Downton Abbey marathon... But this show is on my list of things to do - soon. I have heard so many great things about it, and I look forward to seeing it myself. V just finished up watching the ENTIRE series of Friends (I know - maybe not the most age appropriate show for her...) - but she has a fond love of all things 90's now (hahahaha) - So, I think it wouldn't take too much arm twisting to get her to watch this one too. :scratchin

Girl, I have NOT gotten to see any of the new DA season, and it is KILLING ME! BFF has finally gotten her Blu-Ray set in the mail. She has invited the girls and I over to marathon as soon as we can get enough free time!

I love Friends! That is one I like to binge on from time to time, too! I feel at this point that our 16-17 year old daughters have probably seen and heard far more at school and the world around them than they could ever witness on shows that were aired on network television in the 80's and 90's. By now, they have the standards we have raised them with...and they are going to choose to live by those standards or not. Don't think watching Friends is going to change a thing. ;-)

ETA: I love Brother Bear - not the best movie ever, but it was SUPER HYPED up on our very first trip to Disney in 2003... Remember when they used to release movies and EVERYTHING in the parks - bags, advertising, everything was about that movie in the parks? That was us in 2003. So, it will forever remind me of Disney and our first trip.

Well, judging by the Frozen frenzy and the Star Wars blitz, I would say they still do the super hype stuff from time to time. LOL!!!

Love you Connie! :lovestruc You inspire me every day! :hug:

D~

LOVE YOU TOO, D~!!!!

Can you believe we have already had another Disney countdown activity this week so soon after our Movie Night? This one was super simple to execute. Gabe drew the acitivity from the jar, and it was a "chooser's choice" actitvity- this meaning the acitivity was listed, and the person drawing it got to choose the "theme" of the activity. Gabe drew "eat dinner on Disney paper plates." So, he got to go grocery shopping with me Saturday and choose whatever Disney themed party plates he wanted us to use. Does anyone want to take bets on what he chose? Anyone?

We consumed some tasty grilled burgers served on Kylo Ren's face. LOL!!!

The kids were off school yesterday, so the girls and I had a VERY special outing planned. Gabe was dropped off at Nana's house, and BFF met up with us for a shopping day. Not just ANY shopping day...PROM DRESS shopping. BFF is a boy mom, she has two sons. So, we ALWAYS include her in our girl time. She was just as excited as we were to do dress shopping.

We started out our day with some yummy breakfast at Chic fil A. After breakfast, we drove to the complete other side of Nashville to shop. We wanted to lower our chances of seeing other dresses just like Jillian's at prom. We had a list of four stores that we would shop at until we found THE ONE...well, this story is short, because she found THE ONE at the very first store. I have pictures...

But I am going to torture you and make you wait until the end of the update to see them. <
Maniacal Laugh...Maniacal Laugh...Maniacal Laugh>

Since we finished finding the dress so early, we decided to roam the mall for a while. This was funny, because apparently my girls have never been to an INDOOR mall. Yeah, how did THAT happen??? BFF and I just could not help but laugh so many times, saying they were "country girls gone to town". They were just in awe of everything. It was funny. At one point, we hopped on the escalator and this happened:

Yes, she DID know what she was doing. As soon as she saw the escalator she told us, "I am going to ride it like Buddy the Elf".. and she did. It was so funny! I do so love hanging out with my girls!

After roaming the mall for a couple hours, we were hungry and ready for lunch. We had lunch at Macaroni Grill. Since it was a Tuesday, rainy day and it was 1:30 in the afternoon, we had the restaurant to ourselves. It was really odd, but nice. BFF is a photographer, and took the COOLEST picture of the dining room while we were waiting for food.

And then, of course we had to have a selfie.

My sweet girls...

And guess what... MG had Gluten Free Pasta!!!! I was SO excited!

It was super yummy. We had such a fantastic day. Jillian has been GIDDY about her dress. Oh...you want to see the dress???

I was so proud of her choice. It is modest, it is elegant..it is classy.

Last edited:
Eating dinner on Kylo Ren's face! :rotfl:

So, Opry Mills doesn't count as an indoor mall. :confused3 I was a little confused on that one since we were there with you guys.

Beautiful, beautiful dress!! I love the bead work at the top and the long flowing skirt.

Okay, so I scrolled down to see the dress first. I'm a bad girl aren't I? Can I just say that it is gorgeous!!!!!!! Your little girl is not so little any more but you already know that.

Now, back to Gabe. He reminds me so much of Hunter when he was young. Does he still like to dress in character for every movie he watches?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter