Our Awesome Yosemite & Monterey Adventure Revisited ~ May 2012 ~ w/ pics ~ Completed!

Lovely pics of the waterfall at Julia Pfeiffer. We saw it at not quite but nearly sunset. So it was nice to see the blues and crystal clear water in yours.

Those flowers are waratahs. They are native to Australia and are quite a long lasting flower.

I'm loving your trip report and your gorgeous pictures so far! I didn't make it to Yosemite this year yet, so have been enjoying the eye-candy.

Regarding your hike to Vernal Falls. If you noticed a waterfall on the way up there, from that vantage point it is called Hidden Falls, and the name is Illouette Falls (supposed to have the most volume of all the falls in the valley). You can also see the top of Illouette Falls from Washburn Point.

Near your pics of the Awahnee is a pic of the Royal Arches. :)

Okay, now I want to go back. lol

Thank you! Thanks for letting me know about the falls. I do remember seeing Illouette Falls from Washburn Point. Is this it?

DSC_0033.jpg

I remember hearing that there was a rock slide near or on the Royal Arches a couple of years ago. Couldn't tell if they looked different.

Still loving your report!

Julia Pfeffer park looks amazing. Your pics are lovely.

Is El Torita Mexican? How was it? Fairly authentic or no?

Thank you! Yes, I thought that particular spot was beautiful. The color of the water rivaled that of the Caribbean. :lovestruc

Yes, El Torito is Mexican. They used to have them here in Phoenix, but they are all gone. It's about as authentic as any big Mexican food chain, but it was good.

Lovely pics of the waterfall at Julia Pfeiffer. We saw it at not quite but nearly sunset. So it was nice to see the blues and crystal clear water in yours.

Those flowers are waratahs. They are native to Australia and are quite a long lasting flower.

Thank you again for your thoughts and for the botany lesson. They were very pretty but unusual and I hadn't see them before. Now I know. :goodvibes

I would love to see the waterfall at sunset someday myself, sounds beautiful.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

We woke up this morning to more fog. This was our last day as were flying home today. We slept in and had a liesurely breakfast at the Embassy Suites. After relaxing for a bit, we gathered our belongings and checked out for our drive to San Jose. The fog got less and less as we traveled north and inland. We arrived at San Jose Airport about 2 hours before our flight, grabbed a bite to eat and boarded our flight home to 110 plus degrees.

Overall, we had a great time revisiting some of our favorite locations. I hope you enjoyed my trip report. :goodvibes

Wendy, thanks again for your report. It was a great read, and the pictures were lovely.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!