Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by mvf-m11c, Aug 20, 2010.

1. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

NIce parade shots. I hope you enjoyed Disney on ice!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

Nice parade pictures. Are we going to see more of your Disney on Ice pictures?

4. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Thank you Alison. We did enjoyed Disney on Ice on Sunday where we got to enjoy the show.

Thank you PiO. I actually didn't take too many pictures during Disney on Ice on Sunday since this is the only picture that I got during the show. We were not allowed to bring in big cameras during the show and I just watched it without using my iPhone.

The next update will be up shortly.

5. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Day 1 – January 12, 2013 – Part 3

We left off at It’s a Small World Plaza watching the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. All of my party members were so excited to see the parade especially DD2 who likes to see the Disney Princesses. She was so stunned at seeing the Princesses especially Cinderella. It has been a long time since I have watched the whole parade.

Back with more pictures from the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational parade from IASW Plaza.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the parade was over, we head on over to It’s a Small World Holiday while the queue is not that long. We packed all of our stuff and on a short walk on over to IASWH.

We dropped off the ECV and stroller right with the other strollers around the area. We thought about taking the ECV all the way towards the loading dock but my aunt and I had to wait a long time in the handicapped area at IASW at the MK in Florida during our October/November trip where we had to wait two times longer to get on the ride while being in the handicapped line from the standard queue. So after learning from that experience and seeing that there were other people in ECV/wheelchair it was an easy decision to go through the regular queue.

It was about a 5 minute wait time to get through the regular queue to the loading dock.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we boarded the boat, my aunt, DBF and DD2 were at the very front which was great for them to be able to ride up front on IASWH. So I was behind them and got a picture of my aunt and DD2 while on IASWH.
    [​IMG]

I didn’t videotape our journey through IASWH and I used my DSLR camera for the shots. I was hoping that this time the pictures would turn out better than my November trip which they turned out a little bright and blurry.

Here are pictures from IASWH. For the settings I used the exposure at 1/60, aperture f/2.8, ISO 1600 with the 35mm lens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s it for now from IASWH and I will have more on my next update.

6. PrincessInOz

Bret - Are you happier with your shots at those settings?

7. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

When I first looked at the pictures after getting off IASWH that time, I thought that the pictures were a little dark but I wanted to get the same lighting area when I am riding IASWH. We did talk about setting the ISO at 1600 during this time while the November trip was set at 800 and the aperture at f/3.5. A lot of the pictures during the January pictures were not that blurry but they were darker which I was looking for.

Overall it was good and I could got those pictures a little better.

What do you think?

8. PrincessInOz

In the brighter parts of the ride, I think I like your pictures that you took on this trip better than the last time. They are brighter and a sharper. For the ones on the darker part of the trip, they are sharper but still a little dark; but not too bad. I noticed that you said your shutter speed was set to 1/60. I know you have a steady hand....maybe try as low as 1/40 or 1/50 next time?

How is your camera at ISO3200? Do you find the shots grainy/noisy at that ISO setting? That could be another one to try if the shots are not too noisy.

9. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

I thought about setting the shutter speed at 1/40 or 1/50 during the darker part of the ride. But I just went with the 1/60 for the whole ride and I could have easily changed it.

I have tried the ISO3200 a few times and some of the shots were a little grainy and noisy on the ISO setting. That will be another ISO setting that I will try one day.

The next post will be up shortly.

10. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Day 1 – January 12, 2013 – Part 4

We left off riding on It’s a Small World Holiday which is a ride that I like to ride while it has the Holiday decorations. After watching the first show of Mickey’s Soundsational parade at 4pm, we all head on over to IASWH while the line was short. Now we are on the ride going through IASWH.

We are now back on IASWH and all of my party members are so impressed with the ride a lot especially DBF and DD2 who is looking forward to this ride the most. I did show them a little bit of IASW (not IASWH before the trip) so they can understand what the ride is all about. So they were all getting so excited when we entered IASWH. Now more pictures from IASWH.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It’s the year 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. PrincessInOz

When you said it would be up shortly, you weren't kidding!

Did DD2 enjoy the ride?

12. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Yeah. I have them all ready to be up after I respond to the other osts.

DD2 really enjoyed IASWH the most and she was all at lost for words when we rode that ride.

13. PrincessInOz

It's all those American Girl Dolls! Pity there's no check-out at this store. :rotfl:

14. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

What a great parade and I can't believe you got so many great pictures on I's a small world! I never get on that ride!!

15. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Mickey's Soundsational parade is very nice but I do miss Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams during the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. I took a lot of different pictures from IASWH while some of them turned out fine.

16. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Day 1 – January 12, 2013 – Part 5

On our last update we were riding It’s a Small World Holiday which is one of my favorite rides during the Holiday season at Disneyland. It was very nice to ride it again during mid January. I was riding IASWH with my aunt, her DBF and DD2 in the front row while I was in the 2nd row. They were all amazed by the ride especially DD2 who is enjoying riding IASWH.

Back with more pictures from IASWH. I kept taking a lot of different pictures from IASWH with my DSLR camera. While I was on the 2nd row behind my aunt, DBF and DD2, they were all looking at all the different dolls during the ride.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. PrincessInOz

Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to the next update.

18. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Thank you PiO.

More is coming up shortly.

19. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Day 1 – January 12, 2013 – Part 6

Back with more pictures from IASWH.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are now outside of IASWH heading on over towards the dock area so we can get off. DD2 was so excited to go on IASWH that I told her that we will ride it again later on during the trip. I mentioned her that we will be going back on IASWH again at night while it is amazing to see IASWH with all those lights on the façade.

When we got off IASWH, we were right by Mickey’s Toontown and that was our next destination. This was a perfect place for DD2 to meet some of the Disney characters at their houses.
    [​IMG]

At MTT, we head on over towards the Disney characters houses and it was almost dark time which means that MTT is going to be open for a little bit that night. I barely go to MTT when I am at the DLR. The last time I was in MTT was during the Holiday season back in 2011 so I haven’t been to this land for quite some time.
    [​IMG]

It was a little busy around the Disney character houses and just when we got in that area, Goofy was walking down the street and being right in front of his house. DBF was asking DD2 if she wanted to meet Goofy and get a picture. She said yes and we waited in line to get a picture with Goofy.

When it was our time to meet Goofy, she was a little shy to approach him and then DBF took her hand and went towards Goofy and she was excited to meet him. Then I took a picture of the three of them right in front of Goofy’s house.
    [​IMG]

After we got a picture with Goofy, DD2 was happy to meet him. DBF carried her daughter and I had to get a picture of those two together.
    [​IMG]

That’s it for now from MTT and on the next post we will see what we have done later that day.

20. PrincessInOz

Lovely photos. The ones inside IaSW were stunning! And that DD2 is just adorable.

21. mvf-m11c

mvf-m11c DIS Veteran

Thank you PiO. At the end of the ride of IASWH were very nice and clear. The settings on my camera were right on and the pictures were very clear.