Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

Nice PTR! Sounds like another great trip and round of pictures coming up. I'll be here....living vicariously through your TR again. :goodvibes

HI Bret,
A new lens - that will be fun to play with on your upcoming trip! :thumbsup2 I think your DB and GF may want to have extra time at DCA. I can't imagine one day would be enough time to take in all the new attractions let alone see the theming on BVS. I bet they end up joining you another day.

We liked eating at WCT when we were at DCA a few years ago. Since they have the new eateries back by TSMM and the great Warf selections we haven't eaten there recently. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.

TK

OK, finally all caught up. I'll be going there on Wednesday, so you'll have something to get you excited for when you see my TR.

Nice PTR! Sounds like another great trip and round of pictures coming up. I'll be here....living vicariously through your TR again. :goodvibes

Thank you PiO. Another picture taking trip as well as with my DB and his GF. Not only going back to DCA and go back to CL & BVS, I will be taking a lot of pictures of the light fixtures that Sherry started the other day and I haven't got a lot of light fixtures just by themselves in the pictures. Most of them were with other parts that doesn't look interesting. So this will be an ambitious picture taking project. It will be fun to go back next month.

HI Bret,
A new lens - that will be fun to play with on your upcoming trip! :thumbsup2 I think your DB and GF may want to have extra time at DCA. I can't imagine one day would be enough time to take in all the new attractions let alone see the theming on BVS. I bet they end up joining you another day.

We liked eating at WCT when we were at DCA a few years ago. Since they have the new eateries back by TSMM and the great Warf selections we haven't eaten there recently. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.

TK

It will be a lot of fun to use a new lens. I have been looking very hard to look for a good lens for my DSLR camera since want to get better pictures. I'm hoping that my DB and his GF will change their minds, but still they are planning on going for one day. I just gave up and don't keep pushing them for extra days. We all know that one day in the parks is not enough to do. But they said that they will be in the park the whole day in order to get everything done. I doubt it since it is still summertime. I don't even know if RSR won't break down during the day which can hurt our day just by being in the queue. I have been hearing that it has been braking down at least once a day. I hope they come with me for more multiple days.

It will be nice to eat at WCT. I haven't eat their in quite a long time.

OK, finally all caught up. I'll be going there on Wednesday, so you'll have something to get you excited for when you see my TR.

Hope you have a great time tomorrow Alison.

Just 15 more days until my upcoming trip back to DL.

While we are only a few weeks away till the trip, I just recently went to the California State Fair on Thursday.

Here are some pics from the fair with my new Nikkor 35mm lens with the Neutral Density filter lens.

Golden Bear made out of Lego's
7673619980_f5360285d0_z.jpg

7673640212_3d6fbf2d3e_z.jpg

7673661454_a84a432ffa_z.jpg

A nice art of AiW.
7673689652_1b0be0f60a_z.jpg

Flowers from the garden
7673711544_81877a1684_z.jpg

7673731662_3951bafbc9_z.jpg

7673755378_eb97f588c4_z.jpg

7673778760_10315cf206_z.jpg

7673802192_456b2d5d88_z.jpg

7673828326_b3fdf7c235_z.jpg

Birds in Paradise
7673853540_641edc0976_z.jpg

7673879052_d5e065dcc0_z.jpg

7673903028_a04c58451c_z.jpg

7673925226_f432d3e77e_z.jpg

7673946430_cc51b0e148_z.jpg

7673966878_69d8828c88_z.jpg

7673991800_45d5395ffa_z.jpg

7674014146_ae4b0a6d5d_z.jpg

7674047166_bf457f6d57_z.jpg

Thank you PiO. I was satisfy with the lens and filter that I bought last week. I just can't wait to use them on my upcoming trip in a few weeks.

So glad you are enjoying your new lens! It will be fun to see what it can do on your upcoming trip. :goodvibes

The birds are so cute!

I love the Alice in Wonderland art - that's something that would be fun to own.

Great job on the flower pictures, Bret!

So glad you are enjoying your new lens! It will be fun to see what it can do on your upcoming trip. :goodvibes

Thank you TK. It was fun to play with the new lens and filter at the fair. Now I am looking forward to using it on my upcoming trip and get some pics that I missed during the preview of CL & BVS.

The birds are so cute!

I love the Alice in Wonderland art - that's something that would be fun to own.

Great job on the flower pictures, Bret!

Thank you Sherry.

The birds were very nice which there were a lot of different types.

The AiW art was great and a lot of work was put into it.

The flowers turned out well with the lens.

While I am here, I am about to say that I will be at WDW during the Halloween season on October 26th to November 2nd this year. It was a last minute trip with my relatives that they want to go to Florida and enjoy WDW. They asked me after my last few trips to WDW during the Holiday season. They wanted to go to WDW so they can go to the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. I was so excited to hear that they wanted to go and I will be there as a guide for them since I have some experience at WDW. This will also be a good opportunity to see the Halloween decorations and compare them to DL during the Halloween season. I will have more details later on after I get back from my DL trip in a couple of weeks.

While I am here, I am about to say that I will be at WDW during the Halloween season on October 26th to November 2nd this year. It was a last minute trip with my relatives that they want to go to Florida and enjoy WDW. They asked me after my last few trips to WDW during the Holiday season. They wanted to go to WDW so they can go to the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. I was so excited to hear that they wanted to go and I will be there as a guide for them since I have some experience at WDW. This will also be a good opportunity to see the Halloween decorations and compare them to DL during the Halloween season. I will have more details later on after I get back from my DL trip in a couple of weeks.

How great is this??? My sister and a co-worker asked me to join them at WDW in August and act as tour but I was unable to work it out with work. They were both wanting me to go as they said the last visit they would have enjoyed it so much more if I was with them. I'm hoping not just because I know my way around. I did make all of their dining reservations and planned out their viewings of the fireworks at WDW and Illuminations at EPCOT.

I've enjoyed the F&WF at EPCOT. Such fun! Go hungry. :goodvibes

TK

Hi Bret...I haven't popped in here for a while since I was trying to avoid Cars Land pics, but the flower pics must have been calling my name. :goodvibes Ver pretty!

I see you will be returning to the DLR again soon! I look forward to hearing about your trip.

WOW! What a great update to read about.

Congratulations. I'm so excited for you.

But......where will you write the PTR/TR??? :confused3 Here, or on the WDW boards? ;)

popcorn::

Thank you Sherry.

The birds were very nice which there were a lot of different types.

The AiW art was great and a lot of work was put into it.

The flowers turned out well with the lens.

Bret --

I meant to comment earlier about the golden Lego bear in your photo - it's so interesting the way it's made that it almost looks like it was drawn or painted into your picture rather than being an actual structure made of Lego's. Know what I mean?

By the way, I don't know if you saw my post in our Halloween Superthread earlier today, but I'm starting the Theme Week Countdown to Halloween Time in 2 days (August 3), with a new theme every Friday until September 7, and then a different mini-theme each day between 9/7 and 9/14.

The Christmas Superthread's holiday season Theme Week countdown will begin on Monday, August 27th, with a new theme every Monday and then a daily mini-theme between 11/5 and 11/12. We'll use the same themes that were used in last year's countdown, of course, but I'll mix up the order of them this time - they won't be in the exact same sequence that they were last year.

I wanted to give you advance notice because I know you like to have your photos ready to post, and your contributions are always so great! So if you want to participate in the Halloween and Christmas countdowns again this year, those are the dates to do it! :dancer:

I think that is soooo wonderful that you get to go to WDW for the Halloween season!:cool1: What a delightful surprise! They don't call their season "Halloween Time" at WDW, do they? Isn't that a DLR-specific label? Do they just call it "Halloween at the WDW Resort"? Or what is it called?

I will look forward to your comparisons of the decorations between WDW and DLR. I've heard that the actual park decorations in DL are much better and more thorough than what's at WDW, but some people feel that the MNSSHP at WDW is better than the MHP at DLR.

Since the WDW TR will have to go on the WDW side of the board, be sure to remind me of where to find it when it gets going. I don't typically go over to that side unless someone I know from this side of the board is doing a report there. I will subscribe to your thread - I'm still subscribed to your last WDW holiday TR thread! - but I will have to be reminded to go over there to "the other side" of the DIS!

How cool is that? You get to go to WDW for F&W and Halloween!

I am so excited to go to WDW during the Halloween season and the F&W Festival. This is the only season at WDW that I have never been too. I have been at WDW during spring break, summertime, and holiday season. It is going to be exciting to see the Halloween decorations and the F&W Festival.

How great is this??? My sister and a co-worker asked me to join them at WDW in August and act as tour but I was unable to work it out with work. They were both wanting me to go as they said the last visit they would have enjoyed it so much more if I was with them. I'm hoping not just because I know my way around. I did make all of their dining reservations and planned out their viewings of the fireworks at WDW and Illuminations at EPCOT.

I've enjoyed the F&WF at EPCOT. Such fun! Go hungry. :goodvibes

TK

This is unbelievable in such a short time that I am going to WDW during the Halloween season. I wasn't planning on going back to WDW until next year when Fantasyland at the MK is completed. I also found out that in about a week after we leave the new Fantasyland should be opened to the public. I don't mind since I will see it eventually in the future. That would be great Tk if you went with your sister and co-worker in August as a guide. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to work it out. I know that if you go with them that they will have a blast and one of their best trips. That was very nice of you to help them with the dining and viewings for the fireworks and Illuminations.

Hi Bret...I haven't popped in here for a while since I was trying to avoid Cars Land pics, but the flower pics must have been calling my name. :goodvibes Ver pretty!

I see you will be returning to the DLR again soon! I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Hi Deej. Nice to hear from you. I understand since you don't want to see pictures of Cars Land and all be excited when you go and see it in person. I will PM you when I put up pictures of Cars Land or Buena Vista Street for my upcoming trip so you won't have to see them. I always think of you when I saw the flowers at the California State Fair and glad that you like them.

Just less than two weeks until the trip. I can't wait to go back to SoCal and I can't wait to go back to WDW in October during the Halloween season.

WOW! What a great update to read about.

Congratulations. I'm so excited for you.

But......where will you write the PTR/TR??? :confused3 Here, or on the WDW boards? ;)

popcorn::

Thank you PiO. I am excited to go to WDW during the Halloween season and the F&W Festival.

I will be writing my PTR/TR on the WDW PTR just like Alison PTR. I will have updates on this thread and link it to my WDW TR.

Now I need your expertise of the name of my WDW TR. I do appreciate the name for my upcoming DL trip. :worship:

Bret --

I meant to comment earlier about the golden Lego bear in your photo - it's so interesting the way it's made that it almost looks like it was drawn or painted into your picture rather than being an actual structure made of Lego's. Know what I mean?

By the way, I don't know if you saw my post in our Halloween Superthread earlier today, but I'm starting the Theme Week Countdown to Halloween Time in 2 days (August 3), with a new theme every Friday until September 7, and then a different mini-theme each day between 9/7 and 9/14.

The Christmas Superthread's holiday season Theme Week countdown will begin on Monday, August 27th, with a new theme every Monday and then a daily mini-theme between 11/5 and 11/12. We'll use the same themes that were used in last year's countdown, of course, but I'll mix up the order of them this time - they won't be in the exact same sequence that they were last year.

I wanted to give you advance notice because I know you like to have your photos ready to post, and your contributions are always so great! So if you want to participate in the Halloween and Christmas countdowns again this year, those are the dates to do it! :dancer:

I think that is soooo wonderful that you get to go to WDW for the Halloween season!:cool1: What a delightful surprise! They don't call their season "Halloween Time" at WDW, do they? Isn't that a DLR-specific label? Do they just call it "Halloween at the WDW Resort"? Or what is it called?

I will look forward to your comparisons of the decorations between WDW and DLR. I've heard that the actual park decorations in DL are much better and more thorough than what's at WDW, but some people feel that the MNSSHP at WDW is better than the MHP at DLR.

Since the WDW TR will have to go on the WDW side of the board, be sure to remind me of where to find it when it gets going. I don't typically go over to that side unless someone I know from this side of the board is doing a report there. I will subscribe to your thread - I'm still subscribed to your last WDW holiday TR thread! - but I will have to be reminded to go over there to "the other side" of the DIS!

The Lego golden bear was neat and so amazed how to make it look real in Lego's.

I did see your post on the Halloween SuperThread and I will be ready to post pictures of the theme every Friday on the SuperThreads.

I was very surprise to hear from my relatives that they want to go to WDW during the Halloween season. It is a great opportunity to go to WDW and see the Halloween decorations. I don't know what WDW call their season during Halloween. I am interested to hear from the WDW vets during the Halloween season. I would say they would call it Halloween at WDW when I look at the Halloween at WDW website on wdwinfo.com.

I am looking forward to compare the Halloween decorations at WDW and DL. I don't want to see any of the pics of the decorations at the MK since I want to be surprised. I also heard the same thing about the decorations at DL and the MK. When you look at DL where there are a lot of pumpkins on MS and BTR Halloween Roundup. Some people say that MNSSHP is better than MHP at DL. One thing I know that MNSSHP has a better parade Boo-to-You Halloween Parade since it is an actual parade than Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade. I haven't seen Happy HalloWishes fireworks and I can't compare that firework and HS at DL where it is unbelievable.

I will remind you of the thread that I will be doing for my WDW TR. I will also post links from my DL thread so you can go over to the thread without looking for it. I do appreciate it Sherry that you will be subscribing to my WDW Halloween TR.

Yes, the Halloween Time countdown begins tomorrow in the Superthread, with a new theme every Friday, and the Holiday season countdown begins on Monday, August 27, with a new theme every Monday. Can you believe it's already almost been a full year since we started the last Holiday season countdown? Time flies! Where does the time go?:confused3

It should be fun to start counting down yet again!:cool1:

Again, I'm so glad for you that you get to experience the Halloween season (whatever it is called) at WDW! Even if they don't have as many Halloween decorations in the MK as DL has (I've seen their large Mickey pumpkin, but I really think our Mickey pumpkin at DL is better!:thumbsup2), I wonder if they have anything Halloween-ish in the other parks, or in any of the hotels? What WDW may lack as far as in-park decorations, maybe it makes up for in other spots?

Anyway, you didn't ask my opinion on a TR title for your Halloween WDW trip, but I have to admit that these ideas popped into my head as I was reading your last replies and you were saying you'd need PiO to give you a title. So I will throw it out there, even though you may not like it. As I said, they just popped into my head as I was reading, so I figured I may as well share them.

If you drink alcohol at the F&W Festival, you could call it "Boo to You...and a Drink or Two!"

Or "Boo to You...and a Cocktail Too!"

If you don't drink, you could just call it, "Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too!"

Just tossing around what's floating in my head!:rotfl2:

In any case, the important thing to remember with any clever title you use - no matter who selects it for you - is to be sure it fits you. Don't stray too far from you and what you would normally say, or too far from your own sense of humor.

Your TR's have an established formula that has worked wonders for you so far - with no extra-clever titles needed...just straightforward titles and extensive photos/info pertaining to your trip. There are probably a lot of folks out there (although many of them might be silently lurking) who greatly prefer your kind of straightforward TR over others. You've gotten lots and lots and lots of views using what is tried and true. So in a way, I kind of almost think...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.

Either way, whatever you call your Trip Reports...you know that you have TK, Deej, Kim, Alison, PrincessInOz and me following along with you, enjoying all of your lovely pictures and fun adventures! I'm sure there are many others out there too (the lurkers) who are big fans of your TR's!:goodvibes And you also know I greatly appreciate your contributions to the two Superthreads, both in photos and in giving feedback/advice about the fireworks, the tour, etc.

Yes, the Halloween Time countdown begins tomorrow in the Superthread, with a new theme every Friday, and the Holiday season countdown begins on Monday, August 27, with a new theme every Monday. Can you believe it's already almost been a full year since we started the last Holiday season countdown? Time flies! Where does the time go?:confused3

Again, I'm so glad for you that you get to experience the Halloween season (whatever it is called) at WDW! Even if they don't have as many Halloween decorations in the MK as DL has (I've seen their large Mickey pumpkin, but I really think our Mickey pumpkin at DL is better!:thumbsup2), I wonder if they have anything Halloween-ish in the other parks, or in any of the hotels? What WDW may lack as far as in-park decorations, maybe it makes up for in other spots?

Anyway, you didn't ask my opinion on a TR title for your Halloween WDW trip, but I have to admit that these ideas popped into my head as I was reading your last replies and you were saying you'd need PiO to give you a title. So I will throw it out there, even though you may not like it. As I said, they just popped into my head as I was reading, so I figured I may as well share them.

If you drink alcohol at the F&W Festival, you could call it "Boo to You...and a Drink or Two!"

In any case, the important thing to remember with any clever title you use - no matter who selects it for you - is to be sure it fits you. Don't stray too far from you and what you would normally say, or too far from your own sense of humor.

Your TR's have an established formula that has worked wonders for you so far - with no extra-clever titles needed...just straightforward titles and extensive photos/info pertaining to your trip. There are probably a lot of folks out there (although many of them might be silently lurking) who greatly prefer your kind of straightforward TR over others. You've gotten lots and lots and lots of views using what is tried and true. So in a way, I kind of almost think...if it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.

Either way, whatever you call your Trip Reports...you know that you have TK, Deej, Kim, Allison, PrincessInOz and me following along with you, enjoying all of your lovely pictures and fun adventures! I'm sure there are many others out there too (the lurkers) who are big fans of your TR's!:goodvibes And you also know I greatly appreciate your contributions to the two Superthreads, both in photos and in giving feedback/advice about the fireworks, the tour, etc.

Well said, Sherry!

Bret - I'm always happy to help and offer suggestions. But until very recently, I was one of those lurkers that loved wandering into your TR and reading your straight-forward, honest and humourous viewpoint of Disneyland. I also loved your pictures for their clarity and perspective.

And if you're keeping track of your TR views, you will note that your TR is one of the most viewed TRs on the Disneyland forum.
From this ex-lurker's perspective, I came in to read your TRs because I love seeing Disneyland from your viewpoint and your perspective.

I was really honoured when you asked for and took one of my recommendations for the TR title the last time. And I'm sure if you expanded the request through to all your followers, there would be heaps of excellent recommendations.

As Sherry said - pick one that represents your voice and your viewpoint. Because that's what I'm in here to read. :goodvibes

Either way, whatever you call your Trip Reports...you know that you have TK, Deej, Kim, Allison, PrincessInOz and me following along with you, enjoying all of your lovely pictures and fun adventures! I'm sure there are many others out there too (the lurkers) who are big fans of your TR's!:goodvibes And you also know I greatly appreciate your contributions to the two Superthreads, both in photos and in giving feedback/advice about the fireworks, the tour, etc.

Can't believe the summertime is almost over and into the Halloween season in over a month. Time really goes by very quickly and just to think that it wasn't too long ago when we did the preview of CL & BVS.

It will be fun to do the countdown for the Halloween and Holiday Superthreads.

Thank you Sherry. This trip during the Halloween season at WDW will complete all the holiday seasons that I want to do at the DLR and WDW. DL has way more Halloween decorations than the MK. The Mickey pumpkin on MS TS is nice and I still believe that DL is way better than the MK. I was also curious of what kind of Halloween decorations are at the other parks and hotels. I haven't read a lot on the Halloween season at WDW like I do on the DL threads. The only Halloween activities I have read so far are the Haunted Carriage Rides at Fort Wilderness and Trick or Treating at DTD.

I am very sorry about that Sherry that I didn't ask you for your opinion about the title. I did ask for title opinions on another thread. I can always hear from other DISers of what to call the WDW TR. PiO had a very nice title for my upcoming TR since I like to try to make the title more interesting while I used more simple titles in the past. I am not that type of a person who like to come up with fancy titles like all other DISers. I should have replied my post a little bit better. I do appreciate your ideas of the title of my WDW trip in October.

I really like the last title that you came up with "Boo to You...and Food & Wine Too!". Since I wont' be drinking beer or wine during the festival, I will be definitely enjoying eating the food. It seems like I need to go on multiple days to enjoy the food at the F&W Festival.

Thank you for saying those word Sherry. I should just be myself and do my best on the trip report. Every time I read your trip reports you always give out the details of everything of where you were at that time and what is going on. I try to put every little detail during each of my steps at the parks when I look at the pictures.

Thank you again Sherry. It has been a long time since I started this thread in 2010 during the Halloween season. I did do a few TR's just by themselves and after seeing your TR and putting it together with the pasts one you have done, it was a good idea to continue this thread and make it into one. I'll still keep doing the TR's like I have been doing in the past and putting in more details of my past experience during those events. I do appreciate your words and made me even more dedicated to keep doing TR's whenever I go to a Disney park.

I do appreciate you, TK, Kim, Deej, Alison, PiO, Matt, Lil' Grumpy and all the other DISers that have been following my trip reports. It is a lot of work to write up these TR's, but I do enjoy them and glad to help out other people with the trip reports.

Well said, Sherry!

Bret - I'm always happy to help and offer suggestions. But until very recently, I was one of those lurkers that loved wandering into your TR and reading your straight-forward, honest and humourous viewpoint of Disneyland. I also loved your pictures for their clarity and perspective.

And if you're keeping track of your TR views, you will note that your TR is one of the most viewed TRs on the Disneyland forum.
From this ex-lurker's perspective, I came in to read your TRs because I love seeing Disneyland from your viewpoint and your perspective.

I was really honoured when you asked for and took one of my recommendations for the TR title the last time. And I'm sure if you expanded the request through to all your followers, there would be heaps of excellent recommendations.

As Sherry said - pick one that represents your voice and your viewpoint. Because that's what I'm in here to read. :goodvibes

Thank you PiO. I do appreciate all your help with the DSLR settings and functions. If it wasn't for you, I would still be using the lenses that I have before I got the 35mm lens and filters.

I have been keeping track of my TR views. It is one of the most viewed since I have started it in 2010. It's been 2+ years since I have stared this TR and I still like writing up and showing pictures of my trips. Sherry is the most viewed and I believe she started it since 2008 if I recall.

Ever since I have started these TR in the early days, I didn't give out good details of the report and perspectives. Now I have learned from other TR's like Sherry which does give out great details of their trip reports.

I really like the title of going racing back to Cars Land in such a short time and bringing along my DB and his GF which makes the perfect title.

After the WDW TR, I will go with what represents me for my DL trip in November.

Thank you for everything PiO.

It will be a few more days until I write up my PTR for the WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter